Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . (2852 Views)

Things To Know Before Dating African Men / Reasons Ladies In Diaspora Should Marry African Men / The Six Types Of Men All Women Hate (2) (3) (4)

African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by MsPotato(f): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2010
African Men all over, what are your views on the

1) White Girls (American/European/Oceanic)

2) Yellow Girls (Korean/Chinese/Malaysians/Japanese/Taiwanese)

3) Brown Girls (Indian/Indonesian/Mexicans)

3) Black Girls (Americans/Africans/Jamaicans)

I am studying a part time course in Sociology and my topic for an upcoming report has to do with the opinion on African men towards Girls with different races particularly the Whites, Yellow, Brown and Blacks especially when it comes to love. I would appreciate your response be it bad or good.

Thank you and may God Bless.
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by InkedNerd(f): 9:53am On Sep 02, 2010
I don't wanna sound nosy or anything but Indians belong is the same category as Korean/Chinese/Malaysians/Japanese/Taiwanese since they are Asian as well. Why is it based on color rather than geographic ethnic groups? Your mixing geographic ethnic groups if you do it by color.
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by googles: 10:05am On Sep 02, 2010
i love girls girls girls girls
girls all over the world
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 02, 2010
@poster
i see no difference whatsoever in the different "races" you mentioned. i rather look at people at face value and judge them accordingly than minimizing my span of meeting the right person by choosing to only date within my race.
i think the gal's race has nothing to do with anything but rather where they coming from.  a white gal from the US might be completely different than one from Norway and thus putting them all under one umbrella is wrong.
same goes from black gals from Africa and their counterpart in the US, and dont get me started with Asians from Japan compared to their counterparts in China.

i have met great compatible black gals and equally bad ones.
i have met great compatible white gals and equally bad ones.
i have met great compatible Asian gals and equally bad ones.
i have met great compatible Brown gals and equally bad ones.
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by Tosinville(m): 11:31am On Sep 02, 2010
I think indians nd pakistanis shld be remove from Asia to join the arabs then, besides they dnt even look like arabs cos their look are so unique in existence forget dat their countries r in asian continent and i haven't seen or heard of yellow, brown, purple girls b4 lol. Well 4 a guy like me i can date or be with any race but i found the latino girls as d most attractive as my number 1 be it (mexico"spain", caribbean, central, south nd north america) jus any hispanic lady. . . . . . I wonder how latino girls r brown in d criteria? U shld hv called them pink lol
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by MsPotato(f): 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

I don't wanna sound nosy or anything but Indians belong is the same category as Korean/Chinese/Malaysians/Japanese/Taiwanese since they are Asian as well. Why is it based on color rather than geographic ethnic groups? Your mixing geographic ethnic groups if you do it by color.

Indians are the brown skin colours. Koreans, Chinese and Japanese people and even malaysians are not as dark coloured as the Indians or the Pakistani's. (oops maybe its the east side of India undecided embarassed

Sorry but thats th topic I was given. It is based on color because my lcturer says that she wants people to think and expand their horizons.

Come to think of it, I agree with you and up till now, I'm still trying to so called think and expand my horizons

googles:

i love girls girls girls girls
girls all over the world

Really? Why?

MRbrownJAY:

@poster
i see no difference whatsoever in the different "races" you mentioned. i rather look at people at face value and judge them accordingly than minimizing my span of meeting the right person by choosing to only date within my race.
i think the gal's race has nothing to do with anything but rather where they coming from.  a white gal from the US might be completely different than one from Norway and thus putting them all under one umbrella is wrong.
same goes from black gals from Africa and their counterpart in the US, and dont get me started with Asians from Japan compared to their counterparts in China.

i have met great compatible black gals and equally bad ones.
i have met great compatible white gals and equally bad ones.
i have met great compatible Asian gals and equally bad ones.
i have met great compatible Brown gals and equally bad ones.

Im thinking the same too but since the subject is called Sociology, perhaps the different race have different cultures and because of the many unique cultures, it somehow has affected people's relationship aqnd maybe I dont know really. ,  . Thats what I can think so far. Like maybe perhaps maybe theres a certain culture u dont like and will never date that person because of her practise for instance?  lipsrsealed

Tosinville:

I think indians nd pakistanis shld be remove from Asia to join the arabs then, besides they dnt even look like arabs cos their look are so unique in existence forget dat their countries r in asian continent and i haven't seen or heard of yellow, brown, purple girls b4 lol.                                                             Well 4 a guy like me i can date or be with any race but i found the latino girls as d most attractive as my number 1 be it (mexico"spain", caribbean, central, south nd north america) jus any hispanic lady. . . . . . I wonder how latino girls r brown in d criteria? U shld hv called them pink lol

Well, they are caramel brown if you notice. Like for instance, J Lo is not known as white but they called her caramel light brown skin.

So the reason why you like latinos cause they are sexy and thats it? Do you look at them as your future wife?
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by Tosinville(m): 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2010
@Mrs. potato, well you're right about J.lo, u know she's mexican but d word of ppl being brown or caramel brown is like a slang in america, it isn't in english vocabulary like white, blk, native etc Yeah! I like latino ladies jus because they're d most attractive ladies to me but as a swit guy too, i'm scared of makin too beautiful lady as my future wife cos i cnt be perfect 4 her in every ways nd there r alot of men out there dat wil also admire her nd give her something dat i lack nd i dnt want to end up dedicatin dis track by "T.I. feat. Mary j Blige - remember me" to a fuk'd up wife u know so admirin beautiful ladies is one thing, marry someone who treat u nd ur kids right is another things. Good wifey as nothin to do wit beautiful or else u wil end up in pit lol
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by MsPotato(f): 12:54pm On Sep 02, 2010
Tosinville:

@Mrs. potato, well you're right about J.lo, u know she's mexican but d word of ppl being brown or caramel brown is like a slang in america, it isn't in english vocabulary like white, blk, native etc Yeah! I like latino ladies jus because they're d most attractive ladies to me but as a swit guy too, i'm scared of makin too beautiful lady as my future wife cos i cnt be perfect 4 her in every ways nd there r alot of men out there dat wil also admire her nd give her something dat i lack nd i dnt want to end up dedicatin dis track by "T.I. feat. Mary j Blige - remember me" to a fuk'd up wife u know so admirin beautiful ladies is one thing, marry someone who treat u nd your kids right is another things. Good wifey as nothin to do wit beautiful or else u wil end up in pit lol

lol! U are so right. So than what would be your ideal wife? smiley
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 02, 2010
Ms. Potato:

Im thinking the same too but since the subject is called Sociology, perhaps the different race have different cultures and because of the many unique cultures, it somehow has affected people's relationship aqnd maybe I dont know really. ,  . Thats what I can think so far. Like maybe perhaps maybe theres a certain culture u dont like and will never date that person because of her practise for instance?  lipsrsealed

if we are talking different customs then i would rather say that:

- i wouldnt marry any Japanese woman because of their views on work vs family.
- i wouldnt marry anyone over religious willing to put bible/Qur'an scriptures above common sense.
- i wouldnt marry anyone that believes in female circumcision/polyandry or that PDA is wrong.

btw isnt there some tribe around the world where it is customary that your wife slept with a guest as a form of respect?!
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by Tosinville(m): 1:56pm On Sep 02, 2010
@Ms. Potato, u mean my ideal wife? *sigh* God knows d best 4 me thatz why i said i can date or many any race as long as she's carin, humble, respective, generous(nt hide feelings type), a lil bit submissive etc u know al sort of good attitude a real wifey type has to offer 4 her family tho she can't be perfect wit attitude too she needs to qualify, i'm good wit dat nd beauty in a lady is nothin when u want to make a wife. I'm jus attracted to latino girls cos they're beautiful not 4 d sake of them to hv babies by me, feel me?
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by InkedNerd(f): 3:45pm On Sep 02, 2010
Tosinville:

@Mrs. potato, well you're right about J.lo, u know she's mexican but d word of ppl being brown or caramel brown is like a slang in america, it isn't in english vocabulary like white, blk, native etc                                                                         Yeah! I like latino ladies jus because they're d most attractive ladies to me but as a swit guy too, i'm scared of makin too beautiful lady as my future wife cos i cnt be perfect 4 her in every ways nd there r alot of men out there dat wil also admire her nd give her something dat i lack nd i dnt want to end up dedicatin dis track by          "T.I. feat. Mary j Blige - remember me"          to a fuk'd up wife u know so admirin beautiful ladies is one thing, marry someone who treat u nd your kids right is another things. Good wifey as nothin to do wit beautiful or else u wil end up in pit lol

J.Lo isn't Mexican, she's Puerto Rican. Where'd you get Mexican from? And saying your "brown or caramel brown" is not slang here in the US. Yes, some people use it to describe themselves but its not slang.
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by Tosinville(m): 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2010
@inked_nerd *sigh* chai u wnt kill me here on NL o!, u always try to correct me even when im right u still say d same thing wit me jus to correct me, wat hv i done na ah! lol                                     wel abt J.lo, i didnt nid to narrate things in ful b4 u can understand, i think she's puerto-rico(father side) nd mexico(mother side) both latin but al im tryin to say in my previous post is dat she's stil latino. Like i said earlier abt brown nd caramel brown r nt in english vocabulary as a race but slang, yup! ppl can cal themselves dat wit d color even in nigeria, there r some girls we cal pink ladies jus because they're light-skin nd look pinkish but we're stil blk in black race. . . . . . Lastly, its also like someone callin herself "mixed race" jus because her dad is blk nd her mum is white yay! but in reality there's nothin like mixed-race, she's black who needs to choose father side. Gbam!!! *case closed wit inked_nerd*
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by InkedNerd(f): 5:57pm On Sep 02, 2010
Tosinville:

@inked_nerd *sigh* chai u wnt kill me here on NL o!, u always try to correct me even when im right u still say d same thing wit me jus to correct me, wat hv i done na ah! lol                                     wel abt J.lo, i didnt nid to narrate things in ful b4 u can understand, i think she's puerto-rico(father side) nd mexico(mother side) both latin but al im tryin to say in my previous post is dat she's stil latino. Like i said earlier abt brown nd caramel brown r nt in english vocabulary as a race but slang, yup! ppl can cal themselves dat wit d color even in nigeria, there r some girls we cal pink ladies jus because they're light-skin nd look pinkish but we're stil blk in black race. . . . . . Lastly, its also like someone callin herself "mixed race" jus because her dad is blk nd her mum is white yay! but in reality there's nothin like mixed-race, she's black who needs to choose father side. Gbam!!! *case closed wit inked_nerd*

No, she's not half Mexican. If she was half Mexican then there wouldn't have been such an uproar when she played Selena Quintanilla-Pérez in the movie "Selena". BOTH her parents are Puerto Rican. She is a boricua, not a Mexicana. When the movie came out many Mexicans were against her playing the role because she is a Puerto Rican woman. As for the whole "race" thing, there is only one race on earth and that is the human race. The human race is comprised of various ethnic groups. Besides, the term "race" is socially constructed. The are a lot of discrepancies with the things that you wrote. If you are going to write them at least use the proper terminology. By the way, some people here in the US tend to get offended when you use the term "mixed race", North Americans tend to lean more towards the word "biracial" rather than "mixed race".
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by Tosinville(m): 8:09pm On Sep 02, 2010
@inked_nerd, wit wat u jus said now shows u r pointless, irrelevant nd ur "i too know" is too much wel abt J.lo u nid wikipedia to help u out cos here in Nigeria too, some nigerians get mad over movies seein a ghanaian actin like an igbo-man in movies here so dnt judge things wit movies cos anyone can play any role in movies as long as u r good at it nd doesn't matter u must be a d tribe/country etc some r jus haters in life. Abt mixed_race, is it mandatory i must say diracial here jus because some ppl there in america get annoy callin them mixed-race? Is it compulsory i must say black b4 u know i'm talkin about negro? Even some blacks get mad callin them "nigger" nd many are stil usin dat word 4 themselves so if i say mixed_race is d same thing nd i'm only using dat as an instance. Pls watch nd think b4 u type, young lady.
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by InkedNerd(f): 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2010
Tosinville:

@inked_nerd, wit wat u jus said now shows u r pointless, irrelevant nd your "i too know" is too much wel abt J.lo u nid wikipedia to help u out cos here in Nigeria too, some nigerians get mad over movies seein a ghanaian actin like an igbo-man in movies here so dnt judge things wit movies cos anyone can play any role in movies as long as u r good at it nd doesn't matter u must be a d tribe/country etc some r jus haters in life. Abt mixed_race, is it mandatory i must say diracial here jus because some ppl there in america get annoy callin them mixed-race? Is it compulsory i must say black b4 u know i'm talkin about negro? Even some blacks get mad callin them "nigger" nd many are stil usin dat word 4 themselves so if i say mixed_race is d same thing nd i'm only using dat as an instance. Pls watch nd think b4 u type, young lady.

Young lady? Don't speak to me as though you're older than me because I'm pretty sure we're the same age. And no, my statement wasn't pointless. I didn't wiki anything. I don't need to go to Wikipedia to get that sort of information. Besides, I would never use Wikipedia as a source since just about anyone can go on that website and write whatever they want. I wasn't trying to be a know it all, you gave out wrong information and I corrected you so what was the harm in that? Whether you want to call yourself nigger, negro, or black is up to you. Call yourself what ever you like want. If nigger is what you want to answer then so be it. And the word is biracial, not "diracial". Spell check is readily available yet you don't use it. What I was trying to point out to you when I mentioned the two words "biracial" and "mixed race" was that the word changes and takes on a different shape depending on the geographic area.
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by no1madman(m): 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2010
potato dey hungry me!
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by Tosinville(m): 9:27pm On Sep 02, 2010
@inked_nerd, hahaha! But u sounds like a kid to me, young lady, if i may guess your age u not beyond 18-20 within dat age range so we aren't in d same criteria, if i say diracial ur I.Q shld hv let u know dat i mean biracial cos u dat was jus a mistake so u wil always differentiate immature minds from advance ppl nd i wonder where in hell did u get ur information from abt J.lo since u dnt use media, internet(wikipedia) or u travel down to puerto-rico to ask ppl about j.lo? Silly excuses kids gives lol i like said earlier *case closed* with u. Where's ms.potato to continue cos u will always seperate d weak from d awesome so i don't argue wit kids (no offence)
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by violent(m): 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2010
@Tosinville:

Next time you recommend Wikipedia, be sure to check it out yourself yourself. . .lest you come across as a rambling man!

Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by InkedNerd(f): 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2010
Tosinville:

@inked_nerd, hahaha! But u sounds like a kid to me, young lady, if i may guess your age u not beyond 18-20 within dat age range so we aren't in d same criteria, if i say diracial your I.Q shld hv let u know dat i mean biracial cos u dat was jus a mistake so u wil always differentiate immature minds from advance ppl nd i wonder where in hell did u get your information from abt J.lo since u dnt use media, internet(wikipedia) or u travel down to puerto-rico to ask ppl about j.lo?                 Silly excuses kids gives lol             i like said earlier *case closed* with u. Where's ms.potato to continue cos u will always seperate d weak from d awesome so i don't argue wit kids (no offence)

For your information little boy, I'm 21. Like I said, Wikipedia is not a credible source. There are other places to get information other than Wikipedia. Since you obviously are oblivious of her Puerto Rican heritage I will enlighten to with a website that is not Wikipedia>>>http://www.nndb.com/people/033/000022964/
Besides, most New Yorkers know she's Puerto Rican. If you knew anything you'd know that she wears her Puerto Rican heritage with pride and let's not forget that she goes to New York Puerto Rican parade here in New York. I'm not the one who is being childish here, you are. If you were a student here in the US and you used Wikipedia as a source for something you'd be making yourself look like a fool. Many professors here frown upon using that website as source for anything. Stop trying to make it seem as though you've made some sort of sense because its quite obvious that you never do. The more you talk to worse it gets. And I stated before, I'm not a child so that comment you made about not arguing with children is moronic. Although I'm not a child, I find that you sitting here arguing with me on this shows your lack of maturity. That in itself is a contradiction. Once again, you gave wrong information and I corrected you so what was the harm in that?

violent:

@Tosinville:

Next time you recommend Wikipedia, be sure to check it out yourself yourself. . .lest you come across as a rambling man!

Pleas do tell him, because he can't seem to get it through that scull of his.
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by Tosinville(m): 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2010
^^^thanks for comin up wit some of ur usernames cos i know kids like u wit 10 ids or more here. Besides is it mandatory dis kid must contribute to wat i'm sayin to someone else? Lmao!
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by InkedNerd(f): 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2010
Tosinville:

^^^thanks for comin up wit some of your usernames cos i know kids like u wit 10 ids or more here. Besides is it mandatory dis kid must contribute to wat i'm sayin to someone else? Lmao!

Users like me? Ummmm, hello if you looked at the time when my comment and the comment before that were posted you'd see that there was no way for me to post something like that so quickly. SMMFH. You never seem to make any sense.
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by Tosinville(m): 10:24pm On Sep 02, 2010
^^^time? Huh! Naija guys has alot of format better than that and it is not a crime to open firefox, google chrome, maxthon etc at d same to sign in here wit different ids to deceive kids like u, ok i understand dat u r 21 thats good but i wasn't talkin to u on this thread na why d wahala, madam? Lmao!
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by InkedNerd(f): 10:27pm On Sep 02, 2010
Tosinville:

^^^time? Huh! Naija guys has alot of format better than that and it is not a crime to open firefox, google chrome, maxthon etc at d same to sign in here wit different ids to deceive kids like u, ok i understand dat u r 21 thats good but i wasn't talkin to u on this thread na why d wahala, madam? Lmao!

Ok, if you weren't referring to me in that last comment then I apologize. And stop calling me a kid, I didn't refer to you as a kid until you started it so refrain from calling that.
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by Tosinville(m): 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2010
Alright, but ur wahala is too much, man is it compulsory u must tackle me in every threads? Wat did i do? Why dis hatin? Lmao! *sippin hennessy*
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by InkedNerd(f): 10:58pm On Sep 02, 2010
Tosinville:

Alright, but your wahala is too much, man is it compulsory u must tackle me in every threads? Wat did i do? Why dis hatin? Lmao! *sippin hennessy*

There's no wahala here. All I did was correct you. You act as though I've got some sort of personal vendetta against you. If it were someone else, I would have still corrected them, so there's no hatin' going on here. I think its just that you don't like to be challenged or corrected [by a woman].
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by Tosinville(m): 11:33pm On Sep 02, 2010
^^^its all good but our arguments are always back against d wall in every threads on here. I didnt say anyone or woman can't correct me if i'm wrong but if i'm damn sure of what i'm sayin i dislike corrections.
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by InkedNerd(f): 11:39pm On Sep 02, 2010
Tosinville:

^^^its all good but our arguments are always back against d wall in every threads on here. I didnt say anyone or woman can't correct me if i'm wrong but if i'm damn sure of what i'm sayin i dislike corrections.

Then why'd you freak out when I pointed out the facts to you?
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by Tosinville(m): 5:13am On Sep 03, 2010
^^^well jus because you're damn wrong about all what u said apart from d Jennifer lopez being a puerto rican from her dad side. *case closed*
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by InkedNerd(f): 5:32am On Sep 03, 2010
Tosinville:

^^^well jus because you're damn wrong about all what u said apart from d Jennifer lopez being a puerto rican from her dad side. *case closed*

No, I wasn't wrong. I was letting you know that there are colloquial and geographical differences with the terms that you used. You can choose to believe what you want and continue arguing and rambling. I've already said what I needed to say. I actually showed this post to a bunch of my friends and they couldn't stop laughing at what they were reading. Just wondering, do always say "case closed" when a conversation isn't going your way? It reminds me of when I'm talking to my 6 year old cousin. You kinda act like him, cause when things aren't going his way he tries to shut people up LOL.
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by tpiah: 5:33am On Sep 03, 2010
arabs no even dey that list abi na under brown dem dey?

btw, daft topic.

Brown Girls (Indian/Indonesian/Mexicans)

and who are the mexicans?

latinos?
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by InkedNerd(f): 5:40am On Sep 03, 2010
tpiah:

arabs no even dey that list abi na under brown dem dey?

btw, daft topic.

and who are the mexicans?

latinos?

I think the way the topic is set up is what makes it a bit odd. I guess Mexicans would go under brown
Re: African Men All Over, What Are Your Views On. . . . by tpiah: 5:42am On Sep 03, 2010
i'm wondering when mexican became a race in itself.

the topic is very odd.

didnt know the poster was gabry- i was thinking another mischievous being has joined nl.

Holy Fornication Between Nuns And Monk / Singles And About To Wed E- Conference 1.0 [ ENDED ] / Advice Me. Pls I Need True Ans. Ve Been Thinking

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86