Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,138 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Can You Help Solve This Mystery - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Help Solve This Mystery (874 Views)

Explain This mystery o !..... / Who Can Understand This Mystery?? / I Need A Lady To Please Answer This Mystery About Their Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Help Solve This Mystery by ERCROSS(m): 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2019
Hello, guys. I'm not one of those who come online to seek for advice. What I just do in most cases when I'm tempted to do that is, calm down, think over it and figure out a solution to whatever it is I'm going through. However, I can't seem to find a plausible explanation for this.

My off-campus hostel is a storey building. I stay at the front room upstairs. Those types of rooms that will have two windows (one window situated at the front of the building, the other at its rear) while other rooms have one window. This is my second year in the hostel and it started this year. Every evening, flying termite just appear from nowhere and go settle on my window since the intensity of sunlight stronger there than anywhere else in the room.

What is the mystery here?
They come between 6:30pm to 7:15pm every day and I can't seem to fathom how they come in and go back to wherever they come from before 7:30 pm.

If I close my sliding window before this time, they still appear. This confirms they are not coming from outside but inside. But there are no holes in my ceiling.
These flying termites (image attached below) are known to be attracted to light. However, they don't appear before or after this time frame even if I leave my curtain open and fluorescent light ON at night. If they had their dwelling place somewhere in the room, they should come out at night when I put on the light, but they never did.
If I should go out even when they had already been inside, on my coming back inside, they are usually nowhere to be found after 7:30.
I asked other occupants, but it seems I'm the only one experiencing this. Why my room? Why is it just starting this year? Flying termites are known to come out mostly after rain. It doesn't rain everyday over here.

I don't want to think this is spiritual, but it defies all physical explanation I can come forth with.

Has anyone experienced this before or have a good explanation for this?

Re: Can You Help Solve This Mystery by ERCROSS(m): 8:41pm On Mar 12, 2019
Lalasticlala, I would like to get broader explanations from people in different areas of life, particularly zoologist, fellow physicist, pastors and probably people who have had such experience before.
Re: Can You Help Solve This Mystery by Chepos1(m): 9:29pm On Mar 12, 2019
wawuuuuuuu! Science students come and xplain o.
Re: Can You Help Solve This Mystery by ghettochild4u(m): 12:06pm On Mar 13, 2019
See a spiritualist(pastor,Alfa,prophet,imam)
Since it defies scientific explanation..
Them go give u spiritual explanation
Re: Can You Help Solve This Mystery by anochuko01(m): 12:29pm On Mar 13, 2019
is your school in ogun state? ilaro poly precisely?

had similar problems with termites, ants, scorpion, and rats...my hostel was beside a bush.

ask a carpenter to fix nets on all windows...then use insectiside consistently till they're all gone
Re: Can You Help Solve This Mystery by ehinmowo: 1:34pm On Mar 13, 2019
according to you, this was not happening b4. Hence:
1. Baba landlord no use charm build the house
2. village pple no dey ur matter. cos flying termite probably the last thing anyone who claim to be village pple will use.
3. insect have distinct behavioral pattern, some of which are not known now. it's a wide field that pple use their entire life to study.
4. by experience, their was this kind of mosquitoes that we used to experience in those days in the village, (in the riverine part of Ondo state), called Ijakpowho in the local palance. they come out around 6-40pm or so. at this time, if you are outside, and you swirl your hand through the air, it MUST touch at least two mosquitoes. they will come in their numbers. after that period, it becomes normal. Till today, I have no explaination for that. But I am sure it's not spiritual.
4. Did you use insectide on them and they didn't die? clear out your house, look for the opening, and extermnate.

1 Like

Re: Can You Help Solve This Mystery by ERCROSS(m): 5:33pm On Mar 13, 2019
ehinmowo:
according to you, this was not happening b4. Hence:
1. Baba landlord no use charm build the house
2. village pple no dey ur matter. cos flying termite probably the last thing anyone who claim to be village pple will use.
3. insect have distinct behavioral pattern, some of which are not known now. it's a wide field that pple use their entire life to study.
4. by experience, their was this kind of mosquitoes that we used to experience in those days in the village, (in the riverine part of Ondo state), called Ijakpowho in the local palance. they come out around 6-40pm or so. at this time, if you are outside, and you swirl your hand through the air, it MUST touch at least two mosquitoes. they will come in their numbers. after that period, it becomes normal. Till today, I have no explaination for that. But I am sure it's not spiritual.
4. Did you use insectide on them and they didn't die? clear out your house, look for the opening, and extermnate.

Insecticide is what I use on them almost every time . The ones inside the room at that moment die.

Thanks for sharing your similar experience. But I can't fathom why it only happens in my room. Other occupants don't experience such.

There's a door that leads into the next room from my room. The door has openings big enough for more than 20 flying termites to pass through at the same time. But the guy staying in that room said he hasn't experienced such

(1) (Reply)

Why Is That, Immoral Sex Seems To Be More Pleasurable? / Please, See why you shouldn't give him that sweetie / See Video As Married Busty Lady Was Caught By Her Husband Performing Lapdance On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.