Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo (3774 Views)

Buhari & Ojukwu Protesting Against Obasanjo's Govt (throwback Pic) / We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by oladayo042: 9:09am On Sep 03, 2010
Residents of Ilepa a community in Ifo Local Government Area of Ogun State, Nigeria, yesterday took to the streets to protest against the demolition of their properties.

The residents, numbering over 10,000, with placards marched from the main entrance of the town to the palace of the traditional ruler, Oba Fatai Oladipupo, the Baale and other community leaders.

P.M.NEWS learned that the people are protesting against the proposed demolision of their properties by the management of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, Lagos.

Investigations revealed that the management of LUTH are banking on the fact that a portion of the property was given to them by the President Obasanjo administration for the purpose of building an annex of the hospital

P.M.NEWS gathered that the residents decided to protest when an official of LUTH gave them a verbal ultimatum of 100 days to vacate the property.

Speaking on behalf of the residents, Elder Peter Idowu, the chaiman, Ifesowapo Community Development Association, said that though the management of the hospital has annexed some portion of the property and the ultimatum is a calculated attempt by a group of people to convert the property for personal use, “and we will not watch and allow these people destroy a town made up of over 13 communities including Ilepa, Onhale and others, where do they want us to go? We sense a foul play by OBJ and others.”

Earlier, the Oba of the town advised the residents to maintain peace with a promise to speak with those in authority to assist in resolving the issue.

Also, counsel to the community, Barrister Gbolahan Agoro, said that the issue of the 100-day ultimatum is null and void and of no basis and promised to fight on.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/09/02/ifo-residents-protest-against-obasanjo/

Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by Obamaa: 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2010
Leave Baba Iyabo alone,wat has he done nw in this write-up.
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by PeeDaVinci: 1:02pm On Sep 03, 2010
got new stories for you guys too
- Obasanjo impregnated my grandmother
- Obasanjo cause Haiti earthquake
- Obasanjo has 49 teeth
- Obasanjo's men killed George Saboma
- Obasanjo's juju made me to drive under influence ,

journalists just selling rubbish with Obj's name
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by HamidO1(m): 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2010
oladayo042:

Residents of Ilepa a community in Ifo Local Government Area of Ogun State, Nigeria, yesterday took to the streets to protest against the demolition of their properties.

The residents, numbering over 10,000, with placards marched from the main entrance of the town to the palace of the traditional ruler, Oba Fatai Oladipupo, the Baale and other community leaders.

P.M.NEWS learned that the people are protesting against the proposed demolision of their properties by the management of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, Lagos.

Investigations revealed that the management of LUTH are banking on the fact that a portion of the property was given to them by the President Obasanjo administration for the purpose of building an annex of the hospital

P.M.NEWS gathered that the residents decided to protest when an official of LUTH gave them a verbal ultimatum of 100 days to vacate the property.

Speaking on behalf of the residents, Elder Peter Idowu, the chaiman, Ifesowapo Community Development Association, said that though the management of the hospital has annexed some portion of the property and the ultimatum is a calculated attempt by a group of people to convert the property for personal use, “and we will not watch and allow these people destroy a town made up of over 13 communities including Ilepa, Onhale and others, where do they want us to go? We sense a foul play by OBJ and others.”

Earlier, the Oba of the town advised the residents to maintain peace with a promise to speak with those in authority to assist in resolving the issue.

Also, counsel to the community, Barrister Gbolahan Agoro, said that the issue of the 100-day ultimatum is null and void and of no basis and promised to fight on.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/09/02/ifo-residents-protest-against-obasanjo/
[/quote

Some1 tell me hw OBJ is directly linked to this, Am I missing sometin pipo
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by HamidO1(m): 1:47pm On Sep 03, 2010
Obamaa:

Leave Baba Iyabo alone,wat has he done nw in this write-up.

My broda, help me ask them o. i can't even figure out y his name is bin called in this case,
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by Eboski(m): 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2010
This is a geniue story, it's real and truth. OBJ took my girlfriend 4rm me, OBJ loot money 4rm my shop, OBJ kill my landlord. U pple should leave obj alone.wat has d man done?
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by BluMalam(m): 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2010
how low can they go, typical of p.m news
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by bisiaet: 2:29pm On Sep 03, 2010
What has OBJ need to do with all these? I think thier must be a wrong and a very faulty situation here because I can not understand all these OBJ do this OBJ do that it really make me sick. Everything now wrong anywhere now is OBJ for goodness sake.
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by aliali: 2:47pm On Sep 03, 2010
Why Baba OBJ's name is being used in this news? Simple!!!! Baba OBJ's name is the postage stamp for bad news grin
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by 0Edward0(m): 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2010
PeeDaVinci:

- Obasanjo has 49 teeth

LOL!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by ud4u: 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2010
Where there not any agreement with the villagers before that portion of land was given to LUTH? So if there is no agreement, then the governemnt is to be blamed and when such is the case, the leader takes the blame.
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by lannre(m): 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2010
caption !
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by Exponental(m): 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2010
If a man is plain and upright, and people know him to be plain and upright, to accuse such a man with theft will be very difficult.

But

"a known THIEF will always be a SUSPECT"

If he is not capable of doing such, he will not be accused.
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2010
PeeDaVinci:

- Obasanjo has 49 teeth

journalists just selling rubbish with Obj's name
Whenever you need public attention,just attach obj to your problem and dang,you get the sympathy you seek.
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by JUO(m): 5:31pm On Sep 03, 2010
Whenever you need public attention,just attach obj to your problem and dang,you get the sympathy you seek.
lol
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 03, 2010
Hey guys! Here's another one. my girlfriend just dumped me. I think its Baba Iyabo that convinced her in a dream to jilt me. boo hoohoo cool
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by suedoh2006(m): 2:10am On Sep 04, 2010
Once a thief always a thief.
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by Vidamia(m): 4:53am On Sep 04, 2010
If a man sleep with his mother, he will say it is devil's work. If father sleep with his daughter, he'll say it is devil's work. If a man kill another man, it's devil's work. Maybe obj is the devil in nigeria, and that is why we always mention his name on bad things. Uh!
Re: Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo by supereagle(m): 6:18am On Sep 04, 2010
That land has been given to LUTh for more than 30 yrs now. If Luth has not conpensented, the protest should go there.

(1) (Reply)

FG To Borrow N633bn To Fund 2013 Deficit / . / Bauchi airport Nigeria's Newest Airport Almost Ready For Operation.(Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.