Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,789 members, 7,831,550 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Inheritance - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Inheritance (31652 Views)

New From Lleigh........ My Grandfather's Inheritance. / A Buckeye Hollow Inheritance By Bret Harte / The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inheritance by Preshbeauty(f): 3:17pm On Apr 19, 2019
Barrister Nathan is a crook. well done damsel
Re: Inheritance by veenessha(f): 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
Damsel are you in Benin?
Re: Inheritance by izaray(f): 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2019
I'm so enjoying this story
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ann2012:
Barrister Nathan is the betrayer

Thanks for the update

Thanks bae
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2019
XionTemmy:
Barrister Nathan killed Desmond.
I'm enjoying this.

Thanks boo
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2019
Preshbeauty:
Barrister Nathan is a crook.
well done damsel

Thanks presh
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2019
veenessha:
Damsel are you in Benin?

No dear, am in owerri
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2019
izaray:
I'm so enjoying this story

Thanks boo
Re: Inheritance by Uniquechild(f): 8:47pm On Apr 19, 2019
Thanks sis for the update. Happy Easter
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 9:20pm On Apr 19, 2019
Uniquechild:
Thanks sis for the update. Happy Easter

Same to you honey
Re: Inheritance by bossy512(f): 10:36pm On Apr 19, 2019
Desmond is going to regain his memory, thanks for the updates. you are on point. well done, nice one

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 10:39pm On Apr 19, 2019
bossy512:
Desmond is going to regain his memory, thanks for the updates. you are on point. well done, nice one

Thanks baby
Re: Inheritance by Treasure17(m): 10:25am On Apr 20, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 1:07pm On Apr 20, 2019
Treasure17:
Thanks for the update.

Thanks Trea honey
Re: Inheritance by Kaycee9242(m): 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2019
well done op
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 6:34pm On Apr 20, 2019
Kaycee9242:
well done op

Thanks boo
Re: Inheritance by queenitee(f): 12:03am On Apr 22, 2019
I knew it
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 2:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
queenitee:
I knew it

Long time, where have you been?
Re: Inheritance by queenitee(f): 2:30pm On Apr 22, 2019
damselposh:

Long time, where have you been?
I've been fine and you? Happy holidays
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2019
queenitee:

I've been fine and you? Happy holidays

Lol, same to you
Re: Inheritance by bizza45: 8:59am On Apr 24, 2019
op do u have d complete book.. i wan buy am
Re: Inheritance by izaray(f): 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2019
damselposh:

Lol, same to you
Babe give us update na
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 3:25pm On Apr 24, 2019
bizza45:
op do u have d complete book.. i wan buy am

No, sweetheart, I have not started selling my stories.
Thanks for reading
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2019
CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Inspector Jeff got to the "Nath and Nath" law firm, he scanned the area carefully before knocking on the gate, he already knew that he was risking his job which led him to be on mufti, he had gone with Ali, an inmate at the police station who got arrested for sneaking into people's houses and stealing from them.

Everything he did was against their rules in the police force, but he needed the help of Ali in entering into Barrister Nathan's office, he had brought corporal Jones along to keep an eye on Ali.

They got to the gate and knocked, a security dude popped his head and looked at them dryly.

"I have an appointment with Barrister Nathan, is he around?" Inspector Jeff asked.

"Yes, but he is in a meeting right now, you can stay at the lobby and wait for him" the security dude explained.

"Alright, I will wait for him" he replied leading the way while Ali and corporal Jones followed keenly.

They got to the lobby, inspector Jeff looked around before entering the elevator, his companions were not left behind as well. The elevator stopped and he moved out, going straight to a room, he motioned for Ali to get closer.

"This is his office Ali, do the needful" he said with a straight face.

"Yes inspector" Ali smiled, his lock picking talent was about been useful to the police. "All done sir, you can go in" he smiled widely as he gave the door a little push and it gave way.

"I will be out in a minute, you two be careful, and Jones, keep an eye on him, if anyone is coming, give me the signal code" he said entering inside.

"Yes sir" corporal Jones replied holding Ali firmly on his shirt.

"You don't really have to choke me to death, if I wanted to run away, I would have ran since, life outside the prison Walls is not fun at all, so you can release my shirt, am not going anywhere" Ali shrugged.

"Keep quiet" corporal Jones hushed releasing his grip on his shirt a little.

Inspector Jeff moved to the shelf, he went through the documents from up to down, he sighed, he didn't know what he was actually looking for, but he needed anything to expose the Barrister.

He moved towards the table and opened the drawer one after the other, getting to the last one, he saw two files lying carelessly inside, he took it out and briefly went through it, it was a client's file, he hissed and kept it back, he turned to look at the window, he rolled his eyes at the ugliest curtain he had ever seen, he moved closer and hissed loudly pushing the curtain aside and then he saw a small shelf attached to the wall with two files on top of it, he picked the first one and scanned through it, it was Mr Zebulon Elochukwu Anyadike's will, he closed it back and opened the second one, it was still the same will of Mr Zebulon Anyadike, but then on taking a closer look, he noticed that somethings were adjusted in the second will.

In the first one "My estate should be given to my first son, Derrick Chukwubuikem Anyadike, with a sum of 7 million naira" was bodly written there, he checked the second one and saw, "To my first son, Derrick Chukwubuikem Anyadike, I give you my house at the Bahamas and a sum of 5 million naira" he opened his eyes wider.

"Something fishy is going on here" he said, and just then, corporal Jones' voice came up from the walkey talking. "Sir, you need to come out right now, I think the meeting is over, copied sir" he said.

Inspector Jeff moved back the curtain and rushed out breathing hard. "Let's leave here now" he said not sparing them a glance.

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 4:13pm On Apr 24, 2019
izaray:
Babe give us update na

I have baby girl

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by Ann2012(f): 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
The update short sha

Thanks for the update
Re: Inheritance by Missmossy(f): 6:21pm On Apr 24, 2019
More please grin its getting hot. Keep up the good work!!
Re: Inheritance by skubido(m): 7:10pm On Apr 24, 2019
Hmmmm, Nathan Nathan

Tanks for the update
Re: Inheritance by bizza45: 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2019
damselposh:

No, sweetheart, I have not started selling my stories.
Thanks for reading

Thank u my alomo bitterz grin grin grin grin
Damn am so entice with this story .. Babe u too good. Abeg come contuine b4 person loose e mind.. I owe u sumtin lite

Re: Inheritance by Kaycee9242(m): 9:00pm On Apr 24, 2019
nice update
Re: Inheritance by Preshbeauty(f): 9:50pm On Apr 24, 2019
the estate was actually willed to Derrick right from time but that wicked lawyer changed everything.

well done damsel, I will buy yogurt for you.
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:09am On Apr 25, 2019
Ann2012:
The update short sha

Thanks for the update

I know bae, I will lengthen the next one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) / How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria / Dealing With Plagiarism Of Nairaland Stories By Rogue Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.