Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,528 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Inheritance - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Inheritance (31638 Views)

New From Lleigh........ My Grandfather's Inheritance. / A Buckeye Hollow Inheritance By Bret Harte / The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inheritance by BillgatesMaigad(m): 11:10am On May 06, 2019
damselposh:
Thank you all

Jennifer Godwin
Babe where have you been?

Av been looking for you all this while
Re: Inheritance by gosaking(m): 1:57pm On May 06, 2019
A short but mighty story . very interesting
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 6:36pm On May 07, 2019
queenitee:
So Derrick own the estate originally smiley wink smiley

Yes honey
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 6:50pm On May 07, 2019
BillgatesMaigad:
Babe where have you been?

Av been looking for you all this while

I have been around boo
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 6:51pm On May 07, 2019
gosaking:
A short but mighty story . very interesting

Thanks baby boo
Re: Inheritance by Preshbeauty(f): 8:29am On May 08, 2019
The end kwa?

bia damsel, why do I feel that you rushed the ending of this story?, how will it finish like that?.
Re: Inheritance by BillgatesMaigad(m): 11:57am On May 10, 2019
damselposh:

I have been around boo
I missed you darlin

Oyaa chop �
Re: Inheritance by BillgatesMaigad(m): 12:18pm On May 10, 2019
damselposh:

I have been around boo
missed you darlin

Oyaa chop �
Re: Inheritance by BillgatesMaigad(m): 12:20pm On May 10, 2019
damselposh:

I have been around boo
is that your phone number?
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:18pm On May 10, 2019
Preshbeauty:
The end kwa?

bia damsel, why do I feel that you rushed the ending of this story?, how will it finish like that?.

You might not be wrong about the rushing part though, but that is the end sweetheart.
Re: Inheritance by Dashry(f): 7:04am On May 11, 2019
Nice one.....
Re: Inheritance by lordjosh(m): 9:26am On May 11, 2019
WORTH THE TIME, THANKS DEAR.
Re: Inheritance by skubido(m): 11:20am On May 11, 2019
Front page ooooooooo tinz
Re: Inheritance by jollyabisoye(f): 11:37am On May 11, 2019
Remite011:

Following

presently present
Re: Inheritance by iamSaheed24: 12:00pm On May 11, 2019
damselposh:
CHAPTER SIX

Derrick and his wife got to the cemetery, his brother's burial ceremony was going on, in a bid to give him a burial rite, his enlarged portrait was put inside a coffin and was been lowered into the ground, Derrick felt a tear drop off as the coffin went into the ground.
He dabbed his eyes with a handkerchief, just then, he felt someone drag him back, he turned and saw his Mom with a teary eyes.

"What are you doing here murderer?, after killing your brother you came to shed crocodile tears" she sniffed.

"Tracy please wait for me in the car" he said to his wife before turning almost immediately to his mom "Mom, I swear to God I didn't kill Desmond, I can never kill my brother, just believe me" Derrick sniffed too.

"Leave this place before I loose my mind, I don't want to ever see your face again, get out" she shouted getting people's attention.

Barrister Nathan rushed towards them and held Mrs Zebulon.

"Tell him to leave Nathan, I don't want to see him, he should leave" she pointed out.

"I think you should leave for now Derrick, I will talk to her when she is calm" Nathan said turning to Derrick.

"The estate you killed your brother for, will still be given to his wife, even if she decides to get married to another person, she is taking the estate with her, you will never have it" she said with a note of finality while moving away.

"Help me talk to her Nath, I didn't kill Desmond" he pleaded.

"Just go for now Derrick, we will talk about it later" Nathan said with a sigh.

Who is Sandra am lost here ooo

A YEAR LATER

Sandra came down from a tricycle with her echolag in her hand, she was dressed in an NYSC attire, she paid the cyclist and shouted to get her father's attention.

She got to the door and ran into a hard object, she looked up and her eyes met with a stranger.

"Who are you? and where is my father?" She asked eyeing the stranger.

"You must be Sandra, Papa told me about you, please come inside, how was life at osun state?" the stranger asked all at once while attempting to carry Sandra's box.

"Don't touch my box until you tell me what you are doing in my father's house, and why are you referring to my father as Papa?" Sandra asked shifting her box back.

"Just come inside first, Papa will explain everything when he gets back" the stranger said making another attempt to carry her box again.

"I said don't to..." Sandra was about to say when she heard her father's voice behind.

"My daughter you are back, has it been long you came, why are you outside?" Mazi okoro asked giving his daughter a hug.

"She didn't want to go inside with me" the stranger said with a shrug.

"Who is he?" She asked again.

"His name is Jasper, you will know all about him in due time, but for now, come inside the house, you need to eat and also tell me how NYSC treated you" Mazi okoro said taking Sandra's box with him.

Mrs Zebulon sat down with her daughter in-law, Mirabel, she cleared her throat as she began.

"My daughter, I called you here to tell you something very important, it is already one year since the burial of your husband who is also my son, your mourning period is over, which means you are now free to get married to another person, but that is not why I called you here" she paused to look at Mirabel.

"Am all ears mom" she said.

"Barrister Nathan told me of his intention to get married to you, we are not forcing you but it would be nice if you get married to him, he was a very good friend of your husband and getting married to him means marrying Desmond" she explained further.

"But mom I don't want to remarry" she pouted her lips.

"Common my child, you are still young, you have to get married again and move on with your life, just go and think about it" she concluded with a Wave of the hand.
Re: Inheritance by jollyabisoye(f): 12:06pm On May 11, 2019
damselposh:
Thank you all for following this thread right from the start.

And to those that never gave up on it even when I stayed for long without updating, you all rock.

And to those that took out their time to comment, you guys are the bomb.
Amazing story more grease to ur elbows

I love you all, see you in my next story which will start any moment from now, THANKS.

Jennifer Godwin
Re: Inheritance by omotolani00(f): 5:46pm On May 11, 2019
interesting and nice story, more grease to ur elbow
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 2:10pm On May 12, 2019
Dashry:
Nice one.....

Thanks honey

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 2:11pm On May 12, 2019
lordjosh:
WORTH THE TIME, THANKS DEAR.

Thanks boo
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 2:12pm On May 12, 2019
skubido:
Front page ooooooooo tinz

Lol, yea baby
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 2:13pm On May 12, 2019
omotolani00:
interesting and nice story, more grease to ur elbow

Thanks sweetheart
Re: Inheritance by eagleeye2: 6:11pm On May 12, 2019
Interesting story. The plot makes a lot of sense. Nathan knew very well that Derrick would have been a hard nut to crack had it been he got the estate as his father already wished. And Derrick proved this, by going ahead to thwart the 30 million deal his father had with the white guy.
Most times, our parents (especially the wealthy) always have to make tough decisions on who to inherit the most cherished assets or to control the wealth when they are gone.
OP, it would have been nice if you had told us what later happened in the family. Did Derrick later get his rightful inheritance? Did his mother apologize for wrongfully accusing him? Did he get back to the white man concerning the earlier deal which he somehow thwarted?
Nice story all around.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) / How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria / For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.