Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,945 members, 7,835,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Inheritance - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Inheritance (31679 Views)

New From Lleigh........ My Grandfather's Inheritance. / A Buckeye Hollow Inheritance By Bret Harte / The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inheritance by Ann2012(f): 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2019
Kaycee9242:

ok ok I can connect them now, it was dt Daniel dt confused me I was thinking Derrick name was Daniel. of course I know who Jasper is . plz make d update more often so u don't need to be explaining d characters to us like this. thanks

Thanks boo, I will
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update

Thanks bae
Re: Inheritance by skubido(m): 3:16pm On Apr 13, 2019
Tanks for the update oo
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 6:42pm On Apr 13, 2019
skubido:
Tanks for the update oo

Thanks honey
Re: Inheritance by Preshbeauty(f): 6:47pm On Apr 13, 2019
Now I know why Daniel was introduced to the story, he will expose the murderer.
well done damsel.
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2019
Preshbeauty:
Now I know why Daniel was introduced to the story, he will expose the murderer.

well done damsel.

Thanks presh
Re: Inheritance by WAACUT(m): 2:48pm On Apr 14, 2019
Thanks Sweetheart for the update
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 3:43pm On Apr 14, 2019
WAACUT:
Thanks Sweetheart for the update

Thanks honey
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 5:34pm On Apr 15, 2019
CHAPTER ELEVEN

Inspector Jeff sat down in his office, his eyes closed and his head raised up, he was lost in meditation, he tapped his finger on the desk occasionally while lost in thought, his door flunged open and someone walked in.

"Good day sir" the young man greeted.

"Yes?, corporal Jones, what is the problem?" Inspector Jeff asked with his eyes still closed.

"Sir, a lady and a young man are here to see you, they said they have news on the murder that happened a year ago at the Bryan cliff" he said as inspector Jeff's eyes fluttered open immediately.

"You said they have news on what?" He asked again to be sure.

"On the murder that happened a year ago at the Bryan cliff" he replied.

"Bring them in immediately" he said loudly.

Daniel and Cynthia entered inside looking around, they stood and looked at the inspector, Daniel still shook like a leaf.

"Please sit down, I heard you brought information about the murder of one Mr Desmond Chukwuemeka Anyadike" he asked with a straight face.

"We don't really know his name but my boyfriend will tell you everything he witnessed at the cliff" Cynthia said.

"What are your names?" Inspector Jeff asked bringing out a piece of paper and a pen.

"My name is Daniel, and Cynthia here is my girlfriend" Daniel replied.

"Okay Daniel, tell me everything you know" he urged him on.

"I normally go for mountain hike alone, I will stand and have a clear view of a village down the cliff, on that particular day, I was staring down at the village and while basking in the heavenly feeling as natural air breezed across my face, I heard the sound of a car coming to a halt, at first, I was surprised that someone would also love to come to the cliff to enjoy the serenity and peaceful environment, I came down to see who my company was" he stopped, looked at the inspector and Cynthia and then swallowed hard.

"Yes Daniel, who was your company?" Inspector Jeff asked and urged him on.

"Two men came down from the car, they wore black suits and the other one carried a briefcase in his hand and they started conversing with each other, but because I was a bit far from them I couldn't hear them clearly, they started arguing and before I could blink my eyes, the man with the briefcase brought out a gun and shot the other person, he staggered and fell off the cliff" he concluded keeping calm.

"Was that all you saw?, Think deep please, did you get their conversation?" Inspector Jeff asked after writing something down.

"Yes, I think I heard the man with the briefcase telling the other one that he would enjoy and take over what he cherished the most" Daniel answered closing his eyes.

"Can you describe the man that shot him"the inspector asked.

"He is tall, he is fair and he has broad shoulders" he completed.

"Any other attributes?, Please think well Daniel"

"Yes sir, I remember, he wore spectacles and not just any spectacles, a medicated spectacles" Daniel replied twitching his lips.

"Why didn't you report immediately you witnessed this" inspector Jeff looked up at him with a straight face.

"I was scared sir, I thought I would be jailed for been there at that moment, now the man in question is tormenting me, I see him everywhere I go to" he let out a sigh.

"You mean you have been seeing the dead man?, where?" Inspector Jeff opened his eyes wide.

"He is a barber in my street, I can take you there if you want" he shrugged.

"Drop down your numbers, I will get back to you tomorrow, I will really like to see the dead man, but for today, I will strategize on how to get the culprit" the inspector replied rapping his palm on the desk.

"No problem sir, we will take our leave then" Daniel said standing up.

"Alright, and please stay safe" he replied with a smile.

3 Likes

Re: Inheritance by skubido(m): 8:16pm On Apr 15, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: Inheritance by izaray(f): 10:33am On Apr 16, 2019
Weldone ma'am
Re: Inheritance by Kaycee9242(m): 11:39am On Apr 16, 2019
hmmmm barrister, well done op
Re: Inheritance by Treasure17(m): 3:24pm On Apr 16, 2019
Obrigado for this update.
Re: Inheritance by Ann2012(f): 5:17pm On Apr 16, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Inheritance by Preshbeauty(f): 9:26am On Apr 18, 2019
Barrister Nathan, should I start sending thunder?
well done OP
Re: Inheritance by WAACUT(m): 11:10pm On Apr 18, 2019
Weldon miss finest..
Re: Inheritance by veenessha(f): 9:19am On Apr 19, 2019
Not a can of worm but cans of worms are about to be opened. Damsel happy easter
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:50am On Apr 19, 2019
CHAPTER TWELVE

Inspector Jeff sat down inside the sunlight eatery, he was confused, he contemplated on going to tell the former wife of Desmond of his recent discovery or not to tell her, he shook his head, brought out his phone, scrolled through his contacts and stopped, starred at a particular contact for minutes, he shook his head again and sighed before dipping his phone back in his pocket, he let out a sigh, picked up his spoon and continued with his food, he brought his head up and his gaze fell on a couple entering the eatery, mirabel and Barrister Nathan, he smiled, The person he wanted to call earlier was right in front of him, he smiled widely and raised up his hand and made to Wave at her and her husband, but then, his eyes caught something.

He Saw Barrister Nathan pushing his spectacles close to his eyes, he studied him carefully for the first time and noticed he had broad shoulders, he looked down and found a black briefcase clutched tightly in his hand, and then he remembered what Daniel told him earlier.

"I will enjoy and take over what you cherish the most" he covered his mouth in shock and looked as Barrister Nathan limped away, and for the first time since he knew the Barrister, he found out that his right leg was slightly longer than the left one making him limp, he hurriedly left the eatery and drove towards the address Daniel had left for him.

He met Daniel outside his house spreading the clothes he washed, he dragged him aside while breathing heavily.

"What is it sir?, Why are you breathing heavily?" He asked wiping his hands on the jeans that he wore.

"Daniel, the person that shot The Man at the cliff, was there anything extraordinary about his walking step and legs" he asked through laboured breath.

"I don't really know sir, what happened?" He asked peering closely at the police man.

"Think Daniel, please think, you are my only hope to my new discovery, please think very well" he pleaded.

"Eeeeeemm" Daniel said closing his eyes in thought. "Yeeess, I remember, after shooting the young man and he fell off the cliff, The killer limped towards the cliff to check if indeed the person he shot truly died, and after that, he limped towards the car they came with, I was angry at him for been so wicked even when he had a disability" Daniel said Immediately.

"You will take me to the dead man right now, I need to see him" Inspector Jeff said in a hurry.

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:51am On Apr 19, 2019
skubido:
Tanks for the update

Thanks boo

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:51am On Apr 19, 2019
izaray:
Weldone ma'am

Thanks bae
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:52am On Apr 19, 2019
Kaycee9242:
hmmmm barrister, well done op

Thanks boo
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:53am On Apr 19, 2019
Treasure17:
Obrigado for this update.

Thanks Trea honey
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:53am On Apr 19, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update

Thanks baby
Re: Inheritance by skubido(m): 11:55am On Apr 19, 2019
Chai, barrister na die you they ooo.

Tanks for the update, jah bless
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:57am On Apr 19, 2019
Preshbeauty:
Barrister Nathan, should I start sending thunder?

well done OP

Thanks presh
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:59am On Apr 19, 2019
WAACUT:
Weldon miss finest..

Thanks boo
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2019
veenessha:
Not a can of worm but cans of worms are about to be opened. Damsel happy easter

I wish you the best babe
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2019
skubido:
Chai, barrister na die you they ooo.

Tanks for the update, jah bless

Thanks honey

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2019
CONTINUATION OF CHAPTER TWELVE

Daniel continually slowed down his pace as they headed to the barber's shop, inspector Jeff shouted at him telling him to increase his pace as he had many things to catch up with, they got to the shop and met a little boy at the entrance, Daniel stopped walking and started talking with the boy.

"Hey little boy, where did the barber go to?" He asked squatting and been the same height with the kid.

"He said he was going to get petrol from the fueling station down the road" the boy replied pointing to the other side of the road.

"Has it been long since he left?" Daniel asked.

"Yes, he should be on his way back now" the little boy answered.

"Alright boy, take this and get biscuits for yourself" he said pushing a thousand naira note into the little boy's hand.

"Thanks uncle, but my mom told me not to collect money from strangers" the kid replied folding his hand across his chest to avoid touching the money.

"Okay, I understand" Daniel smiled as he stood up and walked towards the inspector.

"What did the little boy say?" Inspector Jeff asked.

"We will have to wait for the dead man" he replied.

"There he comes uncle, brother Jasper is coming back" the little boy pointed across the road.

"Yea, that's him" Daniel replied as fear caught hold of him, he went closer to the inspector and held him tight to himself.

"Why are you holding me so ti....." The inspector was asking before they heard a screeching sound, They turned around and saw the dead man flying high in the air, people screamed and the gallon of fuel he held fell and opened with the content pouring on the floor, the driver ran away leaving the dead man as he landed on the ground with a thud.

"Oh no, God please don't let him die the second time, he still has to tell me what happened and who killed him" Inspector Jeff said rushing towards the accident scene.

"Hello corporal Jones, send 911 over to the ring road immediately, there is an emergency" he spoke into the walkey talking stucked behind his trouser.

"What are we going to do?, The sun is too much and there is plenty of fuel on the floor, it might catch fire" Daniel asked in fear.

"Gather people to bring sand and pour on the ground, it will help" inspector Jeff replied.

Just then, the help he called for arrived and they carried the dead man to the van and drove off to the hospital.

2 Likes

Re: Inheritance by Ann2012(f): 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2019
Barrister Nathan is the betrayer

Thanks for the update
Re: Inheritance by XionTemmy(m): 1:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
Barrister Nathan killed Desmond. I'm enjoying this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) / How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria / Dealing With Plagiarism Of Nairaland Stories By Rogue Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.