Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Lesbianism In Africa -kingsley Cicero - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lesbianism In Africa -kingsley Cicero (4645 Views)

Help!lesbianism In Her Blood / Ini Edo's Lesbianism Scandal: Husband Reacts Furiously / Is It True That All Girls Have Some Form Of Lesbianism In Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lesbianism In Africa -kingsley Cicero by kingsline: 5:01pm On Sep 05, 2010
Africa
Cross-gender roles and marriage between women has also been recorded in over 30 African societies. Women may marry other women, raise their children, and be generally thought of as men in societies in Nigeria, Cameroon, and Kenya.

The Hausa people of Sudan have a term equivalent to lesbian, kifi, that may also be applied to males to mean "neither party insists on a particular sexual role Near the Congo River a female who participates in strong emotional or sexual relationships with another female among the Nkundo people is known as yaikya bonsángo (a woman who presses against another woman). Lesbian relationships are also known in matrilineal societies in Ghana among the Akan people. In Lesotho, females engage in what is commonly considered sexual behavior to the Western world: they kiss, sleep together, rub genitals, participate in cunnilingus, and maintain their relationships with other females vigilantly. Since the people of Lesotho believe sex requires a penis, however, they do not consider their behavior sexual, nor label themselves lesbians.[Colonization of Africa resulted in a cultural shift; aboriginal sexuality was no longer seen as fluid and dynamic but binary and set for life. Some women who identified as lesbian following colonization have been submitted to the curative effort of rape in the mindset that sex with men can fix lesbianism Despite this paradigm shift, the government of South Africa was the first in the world to outlaw discrimination based on sexual orientation.
Re: Lesbianism In Africa -kingsley Cicero by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 05, 2010
You're a lecturer in sociology,i presume.
Re: Lesbianism In Africa -kingsley Cicero by InkedNerd(f): 7:51pm On Sep 05, 2010
Thanks for sharing, reminds me of the stuff I learned in my African history class wink.
Re: Lesbianism In Africa -kingsley Cicero by Nelton(m): 9:38pm On Sep 05, 2010
Where did u get this stuff from? Pls put more light on this

(1) (Reply)

Can You Date Or Marry Someone That Bears The Same Surname As Yours? / 14 Signs Your Guy Means It When He Says “I Love You” / Meet The Hottest Sugar Mummy That Is In Need Of A Man (see Photos & Details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.