Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ (51678 Views)

Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Wife Reveals How They Met & Started Dating (2) (3) (4)

Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Nairatrend: 5:38pm On Mar 25, 2019
Super Eagles captain, John Obi Mikel, has disclosed that former Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho “killed” him during their time at Premier League giant, Chelsea.

Mikel Obi said Mourinho killed him because he got sent off on his first game for the Blues.

According to him, he was quite slow to the pace expected of him by Mourinho in his early days at Stamford Bridge.

The 31-year-old midfielder spent 11 years at Chelsea, winning the Champions League, two Premier League titles and three FA Cups before joining Chinese side, Tianjin Teda, in 2017.

“Got sent off on my first game. Mourinho killed me. The speed of the game took me a while to understand it,” Mikel told BBC World Service’s Sportsworld.

“I was a very naughty boy. I’ll get up to speed but I was late to trainings many times. I was wearing the wrong dress codes.

“Mourinho was very firm with me because he wanted me to learn and learn very fast because he brought me in.

“With Mourinho, there are no excuses. I was put in a very naughty corner a few times. It took me a while to understand where I am and I had to learn very fast.”

Gist via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/jose-mourinho-killed-me-super-eagles-captain-mikel-obi-speaks-out/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by kleverley(m): 5:43pm On Mar 25, 2019
my guy please leave JM alone biko

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 25, 2019
grin grin don't blame a coach for your failed career tongue

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Earthquake2: 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2019
Lalasticlala Seun please ban these guys that litter the page with betting links angry

176 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Pusyiter(m): 6:15pm On Mar 25, 2019
If he killed you did you die?
When they say you should go to Man U, you said Kelsea, now you dey blame Jose.....

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by frommee0: 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2019
Earthquake2:
Lalasticlala Seun please ban these guys that litter the page with betting links angry

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 25, 2019
Niqqa ain't got no points. He was interested in the pay-packet... blame nobody

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Englov(m): 8:54pm On Mar 25, 2019
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by AntiWailer: 8:54pm On Mar 25, 2019
Misleading Topic.

Apologies

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by MaiGemu: 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by sameni123(m): 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
Of course everyone knows that,I will never forget the day I first saw this guy play 2000 shell cup at federal gov college Jos ,despite his Sch been beaten 6-0 that day he was by far the best player that day I had to ask who is that boy before I was told his name ,he would have been the next thing after jay jay very nice play maker before Mourinho turned him into a defensive midfielder,

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Izecson3D(m): 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
Mikel's best match was vs Bayern in UCL finals 2012.

He was a BEAST that day.. Probably received the power of The black Panther..

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Topmaike007(m): 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
Mikel name will still be in the history of our legends thanks to Afcon 2013 Glory

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
Nairatrend:
Super Eagles captain, John Obi Mikel, has disclosed that former Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho “killed” him during their time at Premier League giant, Chelsea.

Mikel Obi said Mourinho killed him because he got sent off on his first game for the Blues.

According to him, he was quite slow to the pace expected of him by Mourinho in his early days at Stamford Bridge.

The 31-year-old midfielder spent 11 years at Chelsea, winning the Champions League, two Premier League titles and three FA Cups before joining Chinese side, Tianjin Teda, in 2017.

“Got sent off on my first game. Mourinho killed me. The speed of the game took me a while to understand it,” Mikel told BBC World Service’s Sportsworld.

“I was a very naughty boy. I’ll get up to speed but I was late to trainings many times. I was wearing the wrong dress codes.

“Mourinho was very firm with me because he wanted me to learn and learn very fast because he brought me in.

“With Mourinho, there are no excuses. I was put in a very naughty corner a few times. It took me a while to understand where I am and I had to learn very fast.”

Gist via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/jose-mourinho-killed-me-super-eagles-captain-mikel-obi-speaks-out/

See this useless player who had charging ports across the world installed in every bench with his name engraved on it
[img]https://media1./images/41623c30893884b0cd1b2d696a3abd33/tenor.gif?itemid=9495358[/img]

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Ibcrown(m): 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
And u killed your self join

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Ovie56(m): 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2019
Money killed you, you went to Chelsea cuz they offered more money than United you initially signed for and you met a coach who sucked all your creativity and turned you to a mediocre DM .

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by richkal(m): 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2019
See our able Salah, smiley smiley

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Boyooosa(m): 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2019
We all know
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by tstx(m): 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2019
And yet... Here you are

do not think your business is doing well without a website.. you are losing out on potential clients searching the web... See mY signature.
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by bizhop01: 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2019
But he still alive
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Tokziby: 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2019
very misleading headline...

It was a reprimand when he got red card and had to adjust on time.

I remember one of his excuse for coming late to training, he said, his house got flooded cos he left the tap running. He used to turn up to training with his gang of friends.

Mourinho shaped mikel to what he is today(one of the best DM)... Kudos to the then special one

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2019
How does dis affect the price of garri?

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by abumeinben(m): 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2019
I see
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Olukat(m): 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2019
Timidity killed you not Mourhino shocked shocked shocked
Hope you've heard Emmanuel Ebowe story?
No complain tomorrow o!

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by chiedu7: 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2019
I agree, he coached the flair out of you.

You made a mistake going to Chelsea.

Should have gone to Man Utd.

Rinsola Babajide Scores 14 Goals In 40-0 Win / Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo / Tammy Abraham Joins #EndSARS Campaign