Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ (51698 Views)

Footballer Sani Abacha: Hunger Almost Killed Me In Hungary / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Wife Reveals How They Met & Started Dating (2) (3) (4)

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by chucs: 9:11pm On Mar 25, 2019
SMH! People don't read. ones u write something down for a typical black person,forget it.
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Intellectual201: 9:12pm On Mar 25, 2019
Ask one to become one.
Nairatrend:
Super Eagles captain, John Obi Mikel, has disclosed that former Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho “killed” him during their time at Premier League giant, Chelsea.

Mikel Obi said Mourinho killed him because he got sent off on his first game for the Blues.

According to him, he was quite slow to the pace expected of him by Mourinho in his early days at Stamford Bridge.

The 31-year-old midfielder spent 11 years at Chelsea, winning the Champions League, two Premier League titles and three FA Cups before joining Chinese side, Tianjin Teda, in 2017.

“Got sent off on my first game. Mourinho killed me. The speed of the game took me a while to understand it,” Mikel told BBC World Service’s Sportsworld.

“I was a very naughty boy. I’ll get up to speed but I was late to trainings many times. I was wearing the wrong dress codes.

“Mourinho was very firm with me because he wanted me to learn and learn very fast because he brought me in.

“With Mourinho, there are no excuses. I was put in a very naughty corner a few times. It took me a while to understand where I am and I had to learn very fast.”

Gist via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/jose-mourinho-killed-me-super-eagles-captain-mikel-obi-speaks-out/

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Ugosample(m): 9:16pm On Mar 25, 2019
we all knoe that
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by EvieP(f): 9:18pm On Mar 25, 2019
With acid H2SO4 or water H2O i can see the similarities

in other words the special one was indeed special just like Sir Feggy
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by kindredspirit(m): 9:20pm On Mar 25, 2019
Pusyiter:
If he killed you did you die?
When they say you should go to Man U, you said Kelsea, now you dey blame Jose.....

Bro, he didn't mean that Mourinho killed him in the context that you're reading it.

What he's saying is that Mourinho checked his excesses and maybe his youthful shenanigans as a footballer.

Maybe you should read the story again.
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by encryptjay(m): 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2019
You guys should better read the full gist before you post.
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by error4040: 9:26pm On Mar 25, 2019
who else
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by kmaster007: 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2019
see mumu talk Jose Mourinho kill you or you murder urself
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by error4040: 9:28pm On Mar 25, 2019
killed you ?
he almost Killed No Salah Also!

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by abbey621(m): 9:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
Can we all see why it can never be better for Nigeria, especially Nigerians on Nairaland? All they read was the headline and couldn't even bother to read the details. Wasted generation angry angry angry

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by searchlight: 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
Pusyiter:
If he killed you did you die?
When they say you should go to Man U, you said Kelsea, now you dey blame Jose.....
do you mean your level of comprehension is this low? is Mikel criticising or praising Mourinho here. read again before commenting. some people self
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 25, 2019
Playing blame game at it's peak ,own up and take responsibility and u did just that, however u did not fail after all, abi u think say u go be messi?
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by kayzat: 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2019
Tokziby:
very misleading headline...

It was a reprimand when he got red card and had to adjust on time.

I remember one of his excuse for coming late to training, he said, his house got flooded cos he left the tap running. He used to turn up to training with his gang of friends.

Mourinho shaped mikel to what he is today(one of the best DM)... Kudos to the then special one

There's nothing wrong with the headline and the content.
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by GuntersChain(m): 9:38pm On Mar 25, 2019
how does the article relate to the headline. And this nonsense was moved to front page.
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Ubdavis(m): 9:41pm On Mar 25, 2019
The earlier u understand that that u are not as good as u think, d better for u...
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by quincyshakur(m): 9:42pm On Mar 25, 2019
Tunda go fire u Mikel if I hear Morinho again for ur mouth angry angry angry >: Na greediness kill u..C Messi una start ball d same time Him d play base on passion u na money b all ur focus..#mumu
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Lovelife433(m): 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2019
kingemzy5:
grin grin don't blame a coach for your failed career tongue
Obi fail career? U must be sick in ur brain, even jay jay will envy Obi.

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by chloride6: 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2019
kingemzy5:

How can you say Mikel has a failed career?
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by thedio(m): 9:44pm On Mar 25, 2019
Misleading headline, I believe JM shaped this guy to one of the best DM in the world and one of finest and most decorated footballer from africa.
With my little understanding of football Mikel is a good playmaker but can't play in No10 or 8 position in Europe because of his sluggishness.
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by brainworkng: 9:44pm On Mar 25, 2019
Arrogance and pride killed you, not JM grin
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:54pm On Mar 25, 2019
Mikel is better than Messi was the topic of every argument in those days.
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by mabea: 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2019
Fgbread:
Niqqa ain't got no points. He was interested in the pay-packet... blame nobody
Did u people understand wot u read at all?
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by olopolo2k: 10:06pm On Mar 25, 2019
Sincerely, Mikel is an ungrateful fellow. He played under different coaches at different time and he was used as a defensive mid-fielder. This implied that he is only good on that role. Had it been he move to Man u then. He would have been forgotten years back. Let him just be thanking the coach that discovered him as a defensive midfielder and not for him to be running mouth here.
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Bewiseedet(m): 10:07pm On Mar 25, 2019
kingemzy5:
lol. if you had a career I bet you wouldn't be here on nairaland
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by chris31(m): 10:08pm On Mar 25, 2019
Mohammed Sala spotted at the bench
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by sykeng(m): 10:10pm On Mar 25, 2019
kingemzy5:
Mikel never had a failed career, one of the successful footballers Naija has ever produced. I guess you did read what the Op wrote or you read it but didn't comprehend.

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by chris31(m): 10:15pm On Mar 25, 2019
kingemzy5:
How can u classified Mikel career as fail one ?
Yes he used to be an attacking player but later converted to defensive
What didn't he achieved in football?
And still plays high level football currently tell me which of his team mate at Finland 2001 or Netherland 2005 still play football today?

Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by rapid101(m): 10:18pm On Mar 25, 2019
kingemzy5:
u well so
How can u say he had a failed career
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Philinho(m): 10:24pm On Mar 25, 2019
kingemzy5:
A failed what?. Pls define it....
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by Asafaizonboy: 10:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
kingemzy5:

Are u okay, name any Nigerian player that achieved more than him
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by MossLuv: 10:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
I always get confuse when they say Mikel won only two premier league with Chelsea. he won with Mourinho , with Anceloty and with conte
Re: Mikel Obi: ‘Jose Mourinho Killed Me’ by anath(m): 10:40pm On Mar 25, 2019
sameni123:
Of course everyone knows that,I will never forget the day I first saw this guy play 2000 shell cup at federal gov college Jos ,despite his Sch been beaten 6-0 that day he was by far the best player that day I had to ask who is that boy before I was told his name ,he would have been the next thing after jay jay very nice play maker before Mourinho turned him into a defensive midfielder,
So you really know him physically?

Rinsola Babajide Scores 14 Goals In 40-0 Win / Stephen Keshi Buried. His Grave, Children, Others Pictured At The Burial In Edo / Nigeria Vs Tunisia: International Friendly (1 - 1) On 13th October 2020