Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Quran-burning Event - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quran-burning Event (4267 Views)

Captured Boko Haram (ISIS) Leader Can't Pray Or Read Quran (Video) / PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / Americans On Washington Post Hail Burning Of Suspected Female Boko Haram Bomber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quran-burning Event by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 09, 2010
I just hope the security agencies in Nigeria are prepared for this, because I wont be surprised if Nigerians start to kill each other again as a result this koran burning nonsense.
Re: Quran-burning Event by naijaking1: 2:01pm On Sep 09, 2010
^^^
That will be sad
Re: Quran-burning Event by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 09, 2010
naijaking1:

I'm asking why we should accept it here in Nigeria. Isn't it time we stood up to say no telescopic religious riots?
what you should be asking his why the northern muslims are known for violence. .the issue here is that the religion has been mixed with tribal and political influence.Have you ever heard of southern muslims causing trouble ? No
This prison invasion has nothing to do with religion but a greater picture to signalled a political message.why is the crisis coming at the end of the fasting when jonathan is expected to declare his presidential ambition ?
Re: Quran-burning Event by naijaking1: 5:41pm On Sep 09, 2010
^^^
Until, we as a nation are able to decisively teach one of these rioters the lesson of their life, more 'unnecessary religious riots' are in our future.
Re: Quran-burning Event by udezue(m): 5:48pm On Sep 09, 2010
If its under the constitution that he has the right to burn a piece of paper then so be it. There is nothing the US government can do. How does this concern Northern muslims? Its high time people let em know that they are not the only ones capable of violence. Why should Christians answer to them for the action of one Pastor?
Re: Quran-burning Event by MRMoneyE(m): 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2010
If you monitor BBC and SKY news today you will notice that the Pastor in question is not morally upright, according to findings made on him,
Some of his church members said the pastor do involve in occult activities, and that he is not a listening pastor and you cant oppose or question his decisions
Re: Quran-burning Event by Kobojunkie: 6:18pm On Sep 09, 2010
~Bluetooth:

what you should be asking his why the northern muslims are known for violence. .the issue here is that the religion has been mixed with tribal and political influence.Have you ever heard of southern muslims causing trouble ? No

Regardless of what the religion has been mixed with, why should this be our problem? Why should we continue to walk on shells for any group of people?

~Bluetooth:
This prison invasion has nothing to do with religion but a greater picture to signalled a political message.why is the crisis coming at the end of the fasting when jonathan is expected to declare his presidential ambition ?

Prison invasion to do with Jonathan declaring his intention? That is a new one!
Re: Quran-burning Event by Skidoc(m): 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2010
Burn the Korans! And if possible, burn a few Muslims too. grin
Re: Quran-burning Event by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Regardless of what the religion has been mixed with, why should this be our problem? Why should we continue to walk on shells for any group of people?

Prison invasion to do with Jonathan declaring his intention? That is a new one!
Maybe you should findout why all the service chiefs were all sacked in the first instance. .
^^^the prison break happened on the 7th

^^ the service chiefs were sacked on the 8th

^^the muslim fasing ends on the 9th while jonathan is to declare his intention by weekend after the muslim celebration. . .

you need to look far above the surface before you can understand what's happening.
Re: Quran-burning Event by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Maybe you should findout why all the service chiefs were all sacked in the first instance. .
^^^the prison break happened on the 7th
^^ the service chiefs were sacked on the 8th
^^the muslim fasing ends on the 9th while jonathan is to declare his intention by weekend after the muslim celebration. . .

Well, it sort of makes sense that the service chief would get fired right after such a stupid event. Still not certain how that prison break was designed to stop Jonathan's announcement in anyway.

~Bluetooth:
you need to look far above the surface before you can understand what's happening.

I look at the surface and underneath and I am still coming up with "Boko haram breaking out almost 800 prisoners"
Re: Quran-burning Event by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Well, it sort of makes sense that the service chief would get fired right after such a silly event. Still not certain how that prison break was designed to stop Jonathan's announcement in anyway.
I look at the surface and underneath and I am still coming up with "Boko haram breaking out almost 800 prisoners"
And you've still not make up a reason why very important events should happened in just 3 days even when Joanthan himself had decided to retain them all including the controversial Dambazzau.I guess it's time to differentiate friends from enemies.
Re: Quran-burning Event by naijaking1: 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I wish I could have said it's not our problem, but when you remember what happened when an English teacher was alleged to have disrespected the quran in Sudan, when a Dutch artist disrespect the quran in very far away land. We can all remember how many innocent Nigerians were killed by their fellow country men in the name of religious bigotry and fundamentalism.
Re: Quran-burning Event by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On Sep 09, 2010
naijaking1:

I wish I could have said it's not our problem, but when you remember what happened when an English teacher was alleged to have disrespected the quran in Sudan, when a Dutch artist disrespect the quran in very far away land. We can all remember how many innocent Nigerians were killed by their fellow country men in the name of religious bigotry and fundamentalism.

I understand all that happened . . . and some of it was allowed to happen because of incompetent government and security officials, but again, how is it supposed to be our problem?

Why should innocent Niegrians be killed by these bigots? Why are these bigots not rounded up and shot to death for these murders? Why is our police not doing a better job protecting the innocent? Notice that in most parts of Europe, USA, etc, No such killings were recorded for the same reasons.
Re: Quran-burning Event by naijaking1: 7:03pm On Sep 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I understand all that happened . . . and some of it was allowed to happen because of incompetent government and security officials, but again, how is it supposed to be our problem?

Why should innocent Niegrians be killed by these bigots? Why are these bigots not rounded up and shot to death for these murders? Why is our police not doing a better job protecting the innocent? Notice that in most parts of Europe, USA, etc, No such killings were recorded for the same reasons.

The best questions anybody has ever asked on N/L in a million years shocked
Unfortunately, only government can answer why government didn't it's job.
Re: Quran-burning Event by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I can see you are suggesting some kind of ethnic cleansing. . .i prefer a liberal approach to these issue,meeting them with force has not yield anything.if not why has the US not win the so-called terror war since all these years.
Re: Quran-burning Event by naijaking1: 7:26pm On Sep 09, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I can see you are suggesting some kind of ethnic cleansing. . .i prefer a liberal approach to these issue,meeting them with force has not yield anything.if not why has the US not win the so-called terror war since all these years.

Excuse me, but I don't remember when Nigeria has ever met religious and ethnic rioters with any sort of force whatsoever, instead, those arrested under the klig light of cameras are usually released after the press go home, sent to their individual homes where they recieve heros' welcome that simply encourage and breed more future religious killers.

Can we just start by being honest?
Re: Quran-burning Event by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Ethnic cleansing? Am I missing something here?

Well, your liberal approach leaves us with MURDERERS walking the streets free and able to strike again tommorow. . .  I guess you are happier coming in to inform us that our next action might incite the same group of murders and telling us it is in our best interest to limit our freedoms in the name of living in peace with the murderers, right?

Dude, War on terror has nothing to do with this. Please come back to what we are arguing here. This has nothing to do with the US or the war in afghanistan.

The fact of this is that this man has a right, and the wisdom may not be a good one but how much longer do we continue to bend over for these lunatics in the name of keeping peace?
Re: Quran-burning Event by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Ethnic cleansing? Am I missing something here?

Well, your liberal approach leaves us with MURDERERS walking the streets free and able to strike again tommorow. . .  I guess you are happier coming in to inform us that our next action might incite the same group of murders and telling us it is in our best interest to limit our freedoms in the name of living in peace with the murderers, right?

Dude, War on terror has nothing to do with this. Please come back to what we are arguing here. This has nothing to do with the US or the war in afghanistan.

The fact of this is that this man has a right, and the wisdom may not be a good one but how much longer do we continue to bend over for these lunatics in the name of keeping peace?
^^You suggested rounding them up and killing them .the actions of the radicals has always been based on US occupation of iraq,pakistan,afghanistan and other Arabian land.they simply don't want their culture and a way to show that is to engage in those acts.they simply want to get their message across.
Re: Quran-burning Event by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Sep 09, 2010
~Bluetooth:

^^You suggested rounding them up and killing them .
Killing the criminals equals ethnic cleansing?

~Bluetooth:
the actions of the radicals has always been based on US occupation of iraq,pakistan,afghanistan and other Arabian land.they simply don't want their culture and a way to show that is to engage in those acts.they simply want to get their message across.

That is not true. Let me guess, the actions of the radicals in places like China, Russia, Sudan etc have all been because of the US Occupation as well? COME ON NOW . . give me a break!!!
Re: Quran-burning Event by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Killing the criminals equals ethnic cleansing?

That is not true. Let me guess, the actions of the radicals in places like China, Russia, Sudan etc have all been because of the US Occupation as well? COME ON NOW . . give me a break!!!
America used Osama bin Laden against the occupation of communist soviet union but after the defeat,US established their presence in Afghanistan and that is why Osama turned against them.why did you think Russian and china are the ones blocking sanctions against Iran and also support North korea ? Why is china maintaining relation with Myanmar. . .why is china supporting sudan despite all the so-called crimes going on there ?
look the issue like i said is broader than what you read on the net,Communism and capitalist countries are only trying to establish their ideology in all these developing countries and socio- economy,religion and ethnic crisis have been the available tools to achieveing those ideology
Re: Quran-burning Event by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Sep 09, 2010
What the heck? I think I am going to skip your posts more often @Bluetooth smiley
Re: Quran-burning Event by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

What the heck? I think I am going to skip your posts more often @Bluetooth smiley
Wow. . .skip ke ? Those are things that happened and are still happening till date so either you accept or ignore them doesn't matter.i guess you are thinking that America soldiers are in iraq and Afghanistan looking for terrorist and Talibans when oil and opium is in abundance in those places and they (Americ) end up milking these people.that is what these people are resistimg by all means.
Re: Quran-burning Event by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2010
Dude, your Twister game is just too complicated at this point, so I would rather skip and stick to the issue at hand.
Re: Quran-burning Event by gadogado(m): 10:29pm On Sep 09, 2010
THE "BURN THE KORAN DAY" HAS BEEN CANCELED BY PASTOR TERRY JONES. SAYS HE CANCELED IT BECAUSE THE IMAM OF THE GROUND ZERO PROPOSED MOSQUE AGREED TO MOVE THE LOCATION. I KNEW HE WASN'T GOING TO DO IT, HOW CAN HE HAVE THAT KIND OF LIVER? IMPOSSIBLE PLUS HE JUST WANTED THE PUBLICITY BUT HE COULD NEVER ACTUALLY DO IT. NEVER.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39074573/ns/politics-white_house
Re: Quran-burning Event by naijaking1: 10:59pm On Sep 09, 2010
gadogado:

THE "BURN THE KORAN DAY" HAS BEEN CANCELED BY PASTOR TERRY JONES. SAYS HE CANCELED IT BECAUSE THE IMAM OF THE GROUND ZERO PROPOSED MOSQUE AGREED TO MOVE THE LOCATION. I KNEW HE WASN'T GOING TO DO IT, HOW CAN HE HAVE THAT KIND OF LIVER? IMPOSSIBLE PLUS HE JUST WANTED THE PUBLICITY BUT HE COULD NEVER ACTUALLY DO IT. NEVER.

Good, now that he's got his 15mins of fame.
Re: Quran-burning Event by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Dude, your Twister game is just too complicated at this point, so I would rather skip and stick to the issue at hand.
You can't address terrorism without going to the root cause and i'm only trying to bring that out. .why should i twist when all those things are happening everytime
gadogado:

He may have stopped it but he got his message across and i do hope his grievances would be address asap.
Re: Quran-burning Event by Ibomade1: 9:01am On Sep 10, 2010
Glad it didn't happen. because innocent lives would have been lost all over the world. But he got what he wanted at the end which is very good.
Re: Quran-burning Event by Kobojunkie: 9:24am On Sep 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

You can't address terrorism without going to the root cause and i'm only trying to bring that out. .why should i twist when all those things are happening everytimeHe may have stopped it but he got his message across and i do hope his grievances would be address asap.

uumm . . . . a Pastor is burning qurans and you feel introducing your twist on history explains the situation how?
Re: Quran-burning Event by omofat: 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2010
While I don't agree with burning korans cause it's an act of provocation, I also wonder why it is such a big deal to the moslems ?

Heard someone ask the following on radio:

"If I downloaded a copy of the Koran on my BB/iphone/PDA/etc., and then put up a video on youtube where I literally pressed "delete" and wiped out the Koran app, would that also cause such anger and violence ?"
Re: Quran-burning Event by dayokanu(m): 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2010
Why has the numerous bible burning events in the middle east not caused reprisals?

Burning of effigies and western flags that happen on a daily basis. Why havent it caused the Xtians to start attacking Moslems?

~Bluetooth:

Are you suggesting criminals is an ethnic group? or the ethnic group is full of criminals?
Re: Quran-burning Event by hackney(m): 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2010
The pastor said what everybody thinks of islam.
If it was up to me , christianity will become as violent as islam and then we will see what will happen.
Nobody has monopoly over violence.
I think that if moslems attack xtians and xtians also attack moslems the same way, let me tell you, the moslems will stop attacking people.
Every single time something comes up, violence starts to brew.
Are they the only religion with riff-raffs and illiterates? ? ?.

If they slam planes into the twin towers and the next day 2 planes slam into abu dhabi, they will want peace the next evening believe me.
Re: Quran-burning Event by omofat: 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2010
^^^ Whilst in principle, you may have a point, I don't know too many christians who would personally fly planes into abu dhabi.

Do you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dokpesi Is Released / Gov Orji Walks Out Of Political Debate!can It Affect His Election? / The State Of FG Rehabilitated Roads In Your Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.