Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje (26910 Views)

Tinubu Moves To Government Of National Unity, Pacify SE With Senate President / In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp / Buhari’s Men Move To Pacify South-West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by kahal29: 3:51am On Mar 28, 2019
LEADERS of the All Progressives Congress (APC) have moved fast to nip in the bud any disaffection on Senate Leader Ahmad Lawan’s choice for Senate President.

President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday met with one of the leading contenders for the job, Sen. Danjuma Goje.

Besides, top APC leaders, senators and senators-elect have held series of meetings with Goje to prevent him from being “hijacked” by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

It was learnt that Borno State Governor Kashim Shettima and Lawan’s supporters met another aspirant, Sen. Ali Ndume, to prevail on him to accept Lawan.

Parliamentary Support Group Chairman Sen. Abdullahi Adamu, who wanted to be Senate president, is backing the President and the APC on the candidature of Lawan.

The President, APC governors and party leaders have spent the last 24 hours clearing the intrigues surrounding Lawan’s recommendation for the job.

It was gathered that the President personally coordinated the initiative to keep the party’s caucus in the Senate united ahead of the inauguration of the 9th National Assembly in June.

Eleven meetings have been held between Tuesday and yesterday to reduce tension among APC senators-elect, The Nation learnt.

A source, who spoke in confidence, said: “We are getting closer to an amicable resolution of all issues/ grievances on the recommendation of Lawan. There have been meetings in the last 24 hours on the need to respect the wishes of the President and APC.

“As the leader of the party, the President has been in charge of the initiative. He has had audience with Goje on why Lawan was picked and the need for all stakeholders to work with him.

“Some APC governors, top leaders of the party and senators-elect have also reached out to Goje. We want to avoid any rancour in the party and reduce tension. We know the PDP is waiting in the wing for any slip but we won’t allow it.

“We will come out with power-sharing formula in a way that all stakeholders, including Senate presidential aspirants, will be fully integrated.”

A senator-elect from the Northcentral said: “When some of us met with Goje, he simply said: ‘If that is what the President wants, I will not drag it. As at this stage, I cannot afford any crisis.’ He is so patriotic about it.”

Regarding Sen. Adamu, a senator-elect from Northcentral said: “The former governor has really keyed into Lawan’s project.”

But a rapprochement could not be fostered with Ndume who left Abuja on Tuesday for his Borno State home.

A senator-elect from the Northwest added: “Sen. Ndume is away; we are expecting him back on Thursday. But Lawan’s strategists have raised a team to meet with him on why the President and APC took the decision on the Senate presidency.

“In fact, Governor Kashim Shettima has volunteered to discuss with Ndume to allow the choice of Lawan.”

The APC is battling to keep its members united to avoid a repeat of the situation of 2015 as being allegedly plotted by PDP.

“We will not allow the opposition to break our rank this time around. It is a global convention that the party that has more members in the parliament will produce the leadership.

“We have the majority; we will not succumb to the tyranny of the minority this time around,” a source said, adding: “Notwithstanding, we will extend the olive branch to PDP senators-elect. We are also talking to them to come on board.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/senate-president-buhari-apc-leaders-pacify-goje/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by AntiWailer: 4:04am On Mar 28, 2019
They learnt from Saraki's desperation.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by jullidee2006: 4:14am On Mar 28, 2019
better

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by iammo(m): 4:27am On Mar 28, 2019
smiley

Pacify him first, if that fails read him the Riot Act,

If that fails use EFCC act,

If that also fails use martial law and dasukilize him.

PDP don't deserve mercy for executing a military style coup that made saraki/dogara the 8th assembly leaders, and holding Nigerian budget and people oriented bill hostage for bargaining with the presidency

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by seunmsg(m): 4:27am On Mar 28, 2019
It’s s done deal already. Lawan is the next senate president and Femi is the next speaker of the house of reps. They should both work diligently with the president to deliver APC’s promises to Nigerians.

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by Nobody: 4:48am On Mar 28, 2019
Pacify?
Was Goje fancying his chances?

16 Likes

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:49am On Mar 28, 2019
As the leader of the party, the President has been in charge of the initiative.....
Our President has made a good choice.
We believe in him to take us to the NEXT LEVEL.
God bless our President MUHAMMADU BUHARI and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi OSIBANJO.
God bless Nigeria.

44 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by InaNla(f): 4:50am On Mar 28, 2019
‘Robber stamp’ Senate President shocked

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by Teeisaac(m): 4:51am On Mar 28, 2019
SE= Houseboy President grin

4 Likes

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by DeRoyalFranco(m): 4:54am On Mar 28, 2019
No one is yet to mention the person ordained for the Senate seat. New development will occur the first week of June. It will shock everyone.

9 Likes

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by flowx(m): 4:56am On Mar 28, 2019
APC senators are learners. PDP will teach them another bitter lesson once again. Let wait as the event unfold...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by yuanexchanger: 5:02am On Mar 28, 2019
Double wahala
Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by supereagle(m): 5:05am On Mar 28, 2019
flowx:
APC senators are learners. PDP will teach them another bitter lesson once again. Let wait as the event unfold...

IPOB will not stop to amuse me.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by DeRoyalFranco(m): 5:06am On Mar 28, 2019
yuanexchanger:
Double wahala
for dead body
Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by MEGAWATCH: 5:08am On Mar 28, 2019
iammo:

If that also fail use martial law and dasukilize him.

PDP don't deserve mercy for executing a military style coup that made saraki/dogara the 8th assembly leaders, and holding Nigerian budget and people oriented bill hostage for bargaining with the presidency

Okay, continue to be short sighted, power does not reside in one place forever and I pray that you will never learn from the mistake of PDP, so that what befall them will visit you too.

2 Likes

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by iammo(m): 5:14am On Mar 28, 2019
MEGAWATCH:

Okay, continue to be short sighted, power does not reside in one place forever and I pray that you will never learn from the mistake of PDP, so that what befall them will visit you too.

Am glad you made That very reasonable ascertion.... PDP is an horrible mistake of democracy, your other rant is forgivable

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by flowx(m): 5:16am On Mar 28, 2019
supereagle:

IPOB will not stop to amuse me.
. So anybody that is not in support of this evil government is IPOB? You better wake up because I can see you're still sleeping with your brain. By the way, I'm a Yoruba guy and I can see that am better than you. Reason: I can differentiate between wrong and right. You can quote me to express your frustration as usual... Kokan aiye!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by Nobody: 5:22am On Mar 28, 2019
Legislative matters surrounded around the president?...

These opposition senators are just dimwits.
Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by thunder74(m): 5:47am On Mar 28, 2019
He should not think of defecting before APC will put the sins of his grandparents on him at CCT and EFCC.

As for Ndume, APC will suddenly remember he is a boko haram sponsor.

1 Like

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by BuhariAdvocate: 5:58am On Mar 28, 2019
Lawan shouldn't just sit down because the party have assure him of the position otherwise another saraki will outsmart him again the man don't know how to play politics.

5 Likes

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by Ayotemide(f): 6:01am On Mar 28, 2019
We have an 'ordained' senate president, & speaker of house; basically this entire government is an installed one.

What a time to be Nigerian!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by zoedew: 6:08am On Mar 28, 2019
Contra Oyegun tenure as APC Chairman this time four years back.

3 Likes

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by Amatarasha(f): 6:17am On Mar 28, 2019
Ayotemide:
We have an 'ordained' senate president, & speaker of house; basically this entire government is an installed one.

What a time to be Nigerian!
Ipob speaking

7 Likes

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by purpledferanmi1: 6:23am On Mar 28, 2019
shut up joor, what do u know?
Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by gbigbega: 6:26am On Mar 28, 2019
So APC did not consider South East for Senate President. So they are only important when election comes abi? I thought there is a SE ranking senator that should have been considered? This people ehn.
Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 28, 2019
iammo:
smiley

If that also fails use martial law and dasukilize him.

It was democracy that produced saraki and dogara, not military. What you are saying is anti democracy. We will watch and see, whether you people will rule forever. Fools never learn from history

1 Like

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by DonMekino(m): 6:28am On Mar 28, 2019
how these former governors and old ppl keep on using politics to control the destiny of Nigeria in the name of "working for ppl" that elected us......ohhhh Nigeria my motherland my fatherland.... see ppl that aff finished thee

2 Likes

Re: Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje by moderatedguy: 6:28am On Mar 28, 2019
post=77050062:

Our President has made a good choice.
We believe in him to take us to the NEXT LEVEL.
God bless our President MUHAMMADU BUHARI and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi OSIBANJO.
God bless Nigeria.
Tribunal is waiting to remove the skeleton frm Aso rock.Let him enjoy his time while it last.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister / Bukola Saraki Mobbed By Women In Kwara - Photos / Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.