Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (68759 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2010
Evra talks through  a specific hole in his body that we all know about
Someone that should keep quiet for life after leading his country to shame in the World CUp.
France had a dumb coach and an even dumber Captain.
Confusion in the scummie camp.
Saying this barely 24 hours after Nani said he sees us as title rivals.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2010
eldee:

@Debo
Thing is . . . we're analysing possibilities here and this is the one place where its a numbers game.
And if someone comes here to tell me that paper predictions are 49-51, then it's my duty to call B.S.
I don't why that's hard for the average gooner.

Well Its a known fact that the average gunner IQ is verrry low
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by muggle(m): 5:25pm On Dec 10, 2010
E be like say this "Manure" players listen to different psychings!

How can Nana(Nani) say Arsenal be dem real rival and this bottle of Eva water dey
talking anoda thing. Dem need to send dem back to school!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2010
[size=18pt]Wenger baffled by Almunia exit talk[/size]

Arsène Wenger has rubbished speculation suggesting Manuel Almunia is leaving the Club.

Someone claiming to be the Spaniard’s agent this week stated the goalkeeper is seeking a January move back to La Liga but as far as Wenger is aware, Almunia doesn’t even have an agent. grin grin grin grin
The 33-year-old is currently nearing a return to action after a troublesome elbow injury and any talk of a transfer is news to the manager, who fully expects the 33-year-old to remain at Arsenal.

“I heard it is his agent who talks about that but at the moment he has no agent.

“So I cannot see what kind of agent can talk on his behalf. We never talked about him leaving, never.

“That is not my concern before a big game.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-baffled-by-almunia-exit-talk

I dey laff ooo
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2010
eldee:

@Debo

So you watch the La Liga and you said Ramos and Marcelo are crap . . . bring one full back in the EPL that can touch Ramos, just one.
I repeat, they've got one of the best back fours in Europe. . . I can't even believe we're arguing bout that.

Marcelo is so good that a Liverpool reject was brought on to save him from further molestation by Barca? Give me a break!

They are good GOING FORWARD, but they are average defensively.

The fact is, if you're beating opponents 4-0 game after game, your opponents will be worried about stopping you from scoring first and foremost. The FIRST major test this 'best' back four got, they crumpled.

I repeat - there is NOTHING special about Madrid's back four - their CBs are quality but the full backs are arguably no better than Sagna and Clichy when it comes to defending. Villareal has conceded just ONE more goal than Madrid, so will you now say they have one of the best back fours in Europe?

PS - I made an error, I meant to say Milan scored twice against them, and it was aged Inzaghi for that matter so they aren't some 'out of this world' defence as you're alluding.

Any talk of probability numbers is BS. With the way things are panning out, no one can really say which Arsenal will turn up in a particular game, so all bets are OFF.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2010
debosky:

PS - I made an error, I meant to say Milan scored twice against them, and it was aged Inzaghi for that matter so they aren't some 'out of this world' defence as you're alluding.

I think this is a mental thing or how do you manage t make mistakes on a daily basis.

Soon you would drink 15% HCl meant for Well acidizing thinking its Apple juice.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 6:38pm On Dec 10, 2010
eldee:

Best players in the world, best managers in the world, biggest match in world football, the fact that every team comes to the Nou Camp to play football and not camp, the fact that people don't dedicate players to fight kungfu on the pitch, the fact that they stole everything that made the EPL best of the mid 2000s, the fact that when EPLs best play against them, we play anti-football. . . do you want me to go on??

Erm Eldee, we didn't?  undecided we could be accused of many things at Arsenal but playing anti-football? NEVER we leave that for those in the win at all cost school of soccer exemplified by Mourinho's chelsea team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 6:43pm On Dec 10, 2010
debosky:

^^ I heard it was the 'initial' application that failed, I'm sure we'll be able to get him in as an 'exceptional talent'.

Debo, its not looking likely o, I'm totally gutted was so looking forward to that boy coming under Arshavin's tutelage and adding an extremely good work ethic to his bag of tricks. Now I think Arsene has to go buy a wide forward in January. Eden Hazard anyone?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:45pm On Dec 10, 2010
^^ I just misread a table that's all, so no biggie.

This same Madrid that kept being eliminated at the second round (even last season with their record la liga points total) is now being hyped out of proportion because of JM.

I won't be surprised if they get knocked out again at the same stage by Copenhagen cheesy

So Almunia has no agent? cheesy

***runs to fill out agent application form***
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 7:01pm On Dec 10, 2010
debosky:

Marcelo is so good that a Liverpool reject was brought on to save him from further molestation by Barca? Give me a break!

They are good GOING FORWARD, but they are average defensively.

The fact is, if you're beating opponents 4-0 game after game, your opponents will be worried about stopping you from scoring first and foremost. The FIRST major test this 'best' back four got, they crumpled.

I repeat - there is NOTHING special about Madrid's back four - their CBs are quality but the full backs are arguably no better than Sagna and Clichy when it comes to defending. Villareal has conceded just ONE more goal than Madrid, so will you now say they have one of the best back fours in Europe?

Marcelo I understand (his recovery is average) but how dare you compare Ramos and Sagna on defending??
I gave you homework to give me just one right back that's better than Ramos . . . you seem to forget that this same Ramos plays well as a CB?? I mean as good as most CBs around.

I've told you, you watched the El Classico doesn't mean you know Spanish footie . . how can you judge a defence by what happened in the El Classico?? Barcelona's Ballon d'or triangle at the best they've ever been, Mourinho trying to play the game instead of taking it forward, though I don't expect you to understand that you're not allowed to play the Inter-Barca style in an El Classico.
Tell me one time (apart from that match) in Mourinho's entire career that you've seen a defensive highline.

Chelsea's almighty defence had Wayne Bridge, who's attacking was wack and defending wasn't all that either, yet you're quick to blow their trumpets.

And you just had to bring in the UCL?? They played in a group of Ajax and Milan and kept five cleansheets and you're trying to make that sound like a bad record??
I think you're too EPL-centric for me to take you serious.

Any talk of probability numbers is BS. With the way things are panning out, no one can really say which Arsenal will turn up in a particular game, so all bets are OFF.

So probabilities are cool when Ritchboy makes a treasonable statement like 'it's a 49-51' bt they're not cool when I point out that their backline is miles ahead of ours, their midfield is better and their forward line is . . . cheesy cheesy
If you're not gonna play the probability game then don't but if you are, then play fair.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2010
duduspace:

Erm Eldee, we didn't?  undecided we could be accused of many things at Arsenal but playing anti-football? NEVER we leave that for those in the win at all cost school of soccer exemplified by Mourinho's chelsea team.

Go watch the UCL Final.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2010
debosky:

^^ I just misread a table that's all, so no biggie.

This same Madrid that kept being eliminated at the second round (even last season with their record la liga points total) is now being hyped out of proportion because of JM.

I won't be surprised if they get knocked out again at the same stage by Copenhagen cheesy

This is a different Madrid, everyone knows that I'm willing to put my money on the fact that they'll go further than Arsenal. . . are you game?? cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 7:13pm On Dec 10, 2010
@eldee once again there shall be no Maureen glorification here.

So the ElClassico is no more a football match? Again he was clueless in that game. Clueless. Highline or no highline, a coach who keeps DiMaria and Ozil almost perpetually in his own half of the field deserves nothing from the game.

And we did not play antifootball, we are not Manure, dnt lump us together.

I have only ever seen Arsenal play defensive once in my life, second leg against Villareal and na God say make dem no kill us for that match.

The way you painting it, one would assume we just have to hand it over to Maureen without even playing. And that is even if we meet her sef.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2010
duduspace:

This is where we have to agree that either you are ignorant, deliberately lying or just totally clueless.

Did you watch Villareal vs Arsenal in 2006?

Tell us how Arsenal fared in the 2006 knockout games? If thats not anti football then what nomenclature can describe it
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 7:27pm On Dec 10, 2010
@Slim

El Classico is a different football match, it was a Mourinho error not that of his backline.
Ask anyone that follows the La Liga, the easiest way to get booted out in Madrid is to play negative in an El Classico.

And yep, we did play negative football against Barcelona . . . half the time we had 8 players in our box.
It wasn't even counter attacking, it was kick the ball forward and let Henry chase, that's the worst form of negative footie.

You think Arsenal doesn't play negative, go watch Arsenal-Porto of 2007 or sumn where we were there kicking the ball between defenders and going back to the keeper all through.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2010
Who cares about Maureen's backline. That's for you and Debosky to sort out. But Sergio Ramos best left back in the world. Hehehefuckinhehe. I leave that there.

We had 8 in the box against Barca? Eldigitty. We were one man down early in the game we had to give up the left side of our attack. But 8 in the box half the time. Hehehefuckinghehehe.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 7:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
slimshay:

Who cares about Maureen's backline. That's for you and Debosky to sort out. But Sergio Ramos best left back in the world. Hehehefuckinhehe. I leave that there.

Get your laughs right, he's a right back. tongue tongue

slimshay:

We had 8 in the box against Barca? Eldigitty. We were one man down early in the game we had to give up the left side of our attack. But 8 in the box half the time. Hehehefuckinghehehe.

I've seen us one man down many times . . . dammit, Kosheyin has a customised red card, we don't play like that.
And incase you didn't know this before, counter attacking is babanla negative football, especially if you're using only Henry grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2010
eldee:

And yep, we did play negative football against Barcelona . . . half the time we had 8 players in our box.

Which Arsenal-Barca game are you referring to?hope not the same match that we played with 10men against 11 for the entire duration of the game and ven at that still went ahead to score first before eventually losing(unfortunately) the game by a 2-1 margin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 8:07pm On Dec 10, 2010
eldee:

Go watch the UCL Final.

Playing 10 v 11 for a very long time, surely yu can't be as expansive as you normally would.

dayokanu:

This is where we have to agree that either you are ignorant, deliberately lying or just totally clueless.

Did you watch Villareal vs Arsenal in 2006?

Tell us how Arsenal fared in the 2006 knockout games? If thats not anti football then what nomenclature can describe it

What do yu mean? you no dey watch football? abi yur memory circuits don rust? in the 2006 games we never played anti-football, we played 5 in midfield true  but we always looked to attack. How can a squad that consistently played with Cesc, Hleb, Reyes, RVP, Ljungberg, Pires and co up front play anti-football? do any of those guys know how to defend for their lives?
undecided
The only player who sat in MF was Gilberto, you can never accuse that 2006 campaign team of playing anti-football except yur DKmeter is ultraactive.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 8:11pm On Dec 10, 2010
duduspace:

Playing 10 v 11 for a very long time, surely yu can't be as expansive as you normally would.

Did we play negative football or not?? Yes we did.

And I also brought up the Porto game that no one wants to answer for.
I hate watching Arsenal fans lie, it rubs off on me.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2010
eldee:

Did we play negative football or not?? Yes we did.

Yup, after going 1 man down, we played with a negative mindset. Yu're right about that but that was forced and yu can't go against that Barca team a man down and not go defensive naa, haba yu wan pack goals back go sell for emirates?

eldee:

And I also brought up the Porto game that no one wants to answer for.
I hate watching Arsenal fans lie, it rubs off on me.
Which Porto game? abeg jog my memory I can't recall us playing Porto and not attacking.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 8:21pm On Dec 10, 2010
duduspace:

Yup, after going 1 man down, we played with a negative mindset. Yu're right about that but that was forced and yu can't go against that Barca team a man down and not go defensive naa, haba yu wan pack goals back go sell for emirates?
Which Porto game? abeg jog my memory I can't recall us playing Porto and not attacking.

The 2007 one I think . . . we needed a draw, and we decided to play 0-0.
I don't think we had one shot at goal.

BTW . . . who's on Twitter??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2010
@dudu

Here's your match . . . we did it for a draw, isnt that just worse??
Arsenal had no shot at goal,

'Arsenal were happy to surrender possession for long periods, showing a lack of ambition which invited Porto to attack. . . Both sides seemed to settle for the point they needed after that brief flurry of activity and the game petered out in the final 30 minutes.'

'The defensive approach contributed to the Gunners' failure to muster a single meaningful shot on goal and they spent most of the second half trying to stem the tide of Porto attacks.'

'I would give you some wonderful prose on all the chances and slick moves being put together but there simply hasn't been any. It has become a training session and the Arsenal centre-backs have been playing keep ball for the last five minutes.'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6201488.stm
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/commentary?id=205516&cc=5739

Wenger said  . . . '"It was not a good advert for football," grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 8:49pm On Dec 10, 2010
I think I remember the one eldee is referring to. The one where Quaresma hit the bar and trying funny flicks.
We both needed a draw to qualify. And there was no need for either side to attack much. Even Porto didn't do a lot of attacking. That game was 'played' in the midfield half heartedly.

But for someone to come here and say our 2006 run was a defensive approach. DK will you sharrap dia. I have help my hand up and said against Villareal was the most negative defensive football I have evr seen us play. And we were almost mullered. Thank God for Riquelme who choked.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2010
Eldee wats happening on twitter?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 8:56pm On Dec 10, 2010
slimshay:

Eldee wats happening on twitter?

It's just three gooners bullying tkb417 and it's fun to watch . . . grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
[img][/img]

Hey Boss I'm still here  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2010
eldee:

I've told you, you watched the El Classico doesn't mean you know Spanish footie . . how can you judge a defence by what happened in the El Classico?? Barcelona's Ballon d'or triangle at the best they've ever been, Mourinho trying to play the game instead of taking it forward, though I don't expect you to understand that you're not allowed to play the Inter-Barca style in an El Classico.

I asked you a simple question Mr La Liga expert - is Villareal's defence 'one of the best defences in Europe' because they've conceded just a goal more than Real?

Tell me one time (apart from that match) in Mourinho's entire career that you've seen a defensive highline.

High defensive line had nothing to do with Villa despoiling Ramos, nor with Pedro sneaking behind a clueless Marcelo? Was a high line responsible for Pepe and Carvalho forgetting where Xavi was in the box?

Abeg stop bringing excuses that don't count.

And you just had to bring in the UCL?? They played in a group of Ajax and Milan and kept five cleansheets and you're trying to make that sound like a bad record??
I think you're too EPL-centric for me to take you serious.

Mr La Liga expert, answer my Villareal question first.

5 clean sheets against Ajax who scored only three goals all competition, and a poor Auxerre and struggling Milan - what an achievement.  undecided

Utd (who played many games without their main defenders) only conceded once throughout the group stages - I guess we can now call their defence is 'one of the best in Europe' despite conceding only two goals less than the supposedly 'rubbish' Arsenal defence in the EPL?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 10:58pm On Dec 10, 2010
Apart from the Villareal game,the last FA CUP final we played last was also a terrible advert for football.But then,we were "defensively disciplined" and that is OK for me.I do not care how it is done,especially against the so called big teams in which we normally choke and show defensive naivety,i wouldn't mind a bit of negativity as you people call it.

Why don't we save the "battle" as per the second round UCL match till the draw is made.

In other news,so we can conjure work permit for Denilson  grin as an "exceptional talent" but can't for a precocious talent as Wellington  undecided God dey  tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2010
Did Denilson ever need 'exceptional talent' whatnot?

Wellington will come in January. He is truly a case of exceptional talent.

But u can't deny the occurence of beefs in this things. If Sandro can get eceptional talent waiver for totoyam, haba.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2010
^^^^

Thought we got Denilson via that channel Slim?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:27pm On Dec 10, 2010
Nah, it was Song we got through that channel. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 3) On 3rd December 2016 / UCL: Real Madrid Vs Paris Saint Germain (3 - 1) On 14th February 2018 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.