Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

***Hair For African Women*** - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ***Hair For African Women*** (29756 Views)

15 Most Stylish Ghana Braids Ideas For African Women / African Women No Longer "Believe Black Is Beautiful" -by Sede Alonge / African Women And Wigs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 10:15am On Nov 12, 2010
I could actually see your fingers running through the Amazonian patch Nerd, not a pretty image at all grin grin
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by madlady(f): 10:17am On Nov 12, 2010
Inked_Nerd

I use Shea for my body not hair.
So that shampoo helps to straighten out the hair shocked shocked. I need that badly. I will look for it ASAP.  A big thanks wink wink wink
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by madlady(f): 10:25am On Nov 12, 2010
Thanks @SA Goddess Very helpful. smiley
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 10:42am On Nov 12, 2010
madlady:

Inked_Nerd

I use Shea for my body not hair.
So that shampoo helps to straighten out the hair shocked shocked. I need that badly. I will look for it ASAP.  A big thanks wink wink wink

No my dear [lol], I said it strengthens the hair not straightens it.

SA Goddess:

I could actually see your fingers running through the Amazonian patch Nerd, not a pretty image at all  grin  grin

Lmao. When you said patch it made me think of bald spots. Can you imagine him having bald spots down there? LMFAO.

Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by madlady(f): 10:53am On Nov 12, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

No my dear [lol], I said it strengthens the hair not straightens it.

Lmao. When you said patch it made me think of bald spots. Can you imagine him having bald spots down there? LMFAO.

Oh Lawd I thought that was the answer to my bushy hair saga. grin grin grin Darn notebook, I cant see nadda embarassed

You should open a thread on making you own products, it would be a great money saver.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 10:59am On Nov 12, 2010
No worries Maddy wink

Nerd, I imagined a thick mess of tangled Amazonian forest, even a bald patch is not pretty to imagine, LOL!

I agree Madlady, Nerd should open a thread for natural products - how to make your own!
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 11:05am On Nov 12, 2010
madlady:

Oh Lawd I thought  that was the answer to my bushy hair saga.  grin grin grin Darn notebook, I cant see nadda embarassed

You should open a thread on making you own products, it would be a great money saver.

I've got tons of recipes that I wouldn't mind sharing. Girl, ya just gotta learn to work with your hair not against it. When you find something that works for you, stick with it. I've heard that henna looses up hair a bit, but think its temporary though undecided.

SA Goddess:

No worries Maddy  wink

Nerd, I imagined a thick mess of tangled Amazonian forest, even a bald patch is not pretty to imagine, LOL!

I agree Madlady, Nerd should open a thread for natural products - how to make your own!

Lmao, I just realized that you two were suggesting that I start a thread. I initially thought madlady was saying that she wanted to start a thread.   
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by madlady(f): 11:31am On Nov 12, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

I've got tons of recipes that I wouldn't mind sharing. Girl, ya just gotta learn to work with your hair not against it. When you find something that works for you, stick with it. I've heard that henna looses up hair a bit, but think its temporary though undecided.

Lmao, I just realized that you two were suggesting that I start a thread. I initially I thought madlady was saying that she wanted to start a thread.

Your great with people and fab at passing on info. smiley

SA Goddess, I love my new name. smiley
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 12:04pm On Nov 12, 2010
Nerdy girl is great with information and is a people's person, love her spirit! cheesy

Glad you like it Maddy cheesy
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2010
madlady:

Your great with people and fab at passing on info. smiley

SA Goddess, I love my new name. smiley

SA Goddess:

Nerdy girl is great with information and is a people's person, love her spirit! cheesy

Glad you like it Maddy cheesy

lol, aww you guys are too nice. I'll start a thread over the weekend and we'll see how it goes.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

lol, aww you guys are too nice. I'll start a thread over the weekend and we'll see how it goes.

Nice one Nerd, open a thread and see how it goes but that information will be invaluable to "natural" sistas! cheesy
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by madlady(f): 8:43am On Nov 13, 2010
SA Goddess:

Nice one Nerd, open a thread and see how it goes but that information will be invaluable to "natural" sistas! cheesy

Yup no matter what type of negroid hair we have it's nice to find a natural way to care for it.
Thanks for this thread @SA Goddess smiley

Inked_Nerd:

Great@Inked_Nerd, I given the info to a few friends about your thread, I'll email it around once you get started. GP smiley
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 10:35pm On Nov 14, 2010
SA Goddess:

Okie dokie.

madlady:

Great@Inked_Nerd, I given the info to a few friends about your thread, I'll email it around once you get started. GP smiley

I really thought I'd be able to start the thread this weekend. I'll get right on it tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 4:11pm On Nov 15, 2010
Ok, madlady and SA Goddess, I started the natural thread. It's called "The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions".
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 7:16am On Nov 16, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Ok, madlady and SA Goddess, I started the natural thread. It's called "The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions".

Nice one girl, checking it out now cheesy
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by Ejadamen(f): 6:59pm On Nov 17, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Could you please post the link here? I couldn't find the thread.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 9:41pm On Nov 17, 2010
Ejadamen:

Could you please post the link here? I couldn't find the thread.

Ok, here it is >>> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-551500.0.html
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by Ejadamen(f): 10:45pm On Nov 17, 2010
Thank you Inked.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 10:52pm On Nov 17, 2010
No problem wink
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 7:27am On Nov 18, 2010
Hey ladies,

My hair is growing so nicely, thick and gorgeous, I love it! cheesy Still not long enough to braid but I am now patient with it, taking it a day at a time!

How is everyone doing?
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by Ejadamen(f): 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2010
It's been 2 weeks since I braided my hair and I miss my hair. I can't wash the hair and my hair is missing water. When I do take the braids off I wonder when next I'll braid again. I wonder if I'll miraculously go from ear length to neck length tongue I doubt.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 3:02pm On Nov 18, 2010
LOL@ ear length to neck length over night cheesy

I know I am not doing singles/braids for a long while, that is what led me to cut my hair in Aug in the first place!!!
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2010
SA Goddess:

Hey ladies,

My hair is growing so nicely, thick and gorgeous, I love it! cheesy Still not long enough to braid but I am now patient with it, taking it a day at a time!

How is everyone doing?

Hehehe, everything is good on my end. Nice to see that your hair is growing nicely.

Ejadamen:

It's been 2 weeks since I braided my hair and I miss my hair. I can't wash the hair and my hair is missing water. When I do take the braids off I wonder when next I'll braid again. I wonder if I'll miraculously go from ear length to neck length tongue I doubt.

lol, at least you can braid yours. I wish I could braid mine right now grin.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 10:44am On Nov 19, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Hehehe, everything is good on my end. Nice to see that your hair is growing nicely.

lol, at least you can braid yours. I wish I could braid mine right now grin.

Have a little patience Miss Nerd cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by Ejadamen(f): 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2010
SA Goddess:

LOL@ ear length to neck length over night  cheesy

I know I am not doing singles/braids for a long while, that is what led me to cut my hair in Aug in the first place!!!
How? Did it destroy your edges? I braid my hair twice a year. Can't stand more than that.

@ Inked,by the time you braid you'll miss your hair. A change in looks is always worth the stress though.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2010
Ejadamen:

How? Did it destroy your edges? I braid my hair twice a year. Can't stand more than that.

@ Inked,by the time you braid you'll miss your hair. A change in looks is always worth the stress though.

I had them on for four months throughout the winter and it was knotted, my hairdresser and her gentle touch could not avail herself and kept messing me around so I got mad and went to the barber to shave it off, I was not prepared to let someone else handle me roughly, break my hair in the process and burn my sculp with relaxer (chemical) and still get paid for it! cheesy cheesy I am glad I did too because I thought I had missed going natural ONCE again. . . .
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by Ejadamen(f): 1:40pm On Nov 19, 2010
Four months! shocked shocked shocked What kind of braids was that? The longest I have had braids on is a month and a half and only because I was lazy to loosen it. This one might be the shortest,i hope i get to carry it for 3 weeks. The hair don tire me.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by SAGoddess: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2010
Yeah girl, 4 months, it was the "singles" like drop and something but done all the way to the end. . . . you sit for 8 hours and pay a lot of money for those so it does not make sense to take them out after a month when you put so much into getting them done. Never again though, taking them out is another story! I will be doing cane/cornrows from now on!
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by InkedNerd(f): 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2010
SA Goddess:

Have a little patience Miss Nerd   cheesy  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy

lol, I will. So far it been interesting. I noticed I seem to really love my hair at night right before I go to bed. This my sound a bit odd but each night before I go to bed, I take a good look at myself and appreciate what I've been born with grin.

Ejadamen:

lol, when I said braid I meant  braid with my own hair. I don't like to use extensions when I braid my hair.

Ejadamen:

Four months! shocked shocked shocked What kind of braids was that? The longest I have had braids on is a month and a half and only because I was lazy to loosen it. This one might be the shortest,i hope i get to carry it for 3 weeks. The hair don tire me.

lol, when I used to wear braids, sometimes I'd keep them in for four months.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by Ejadamen(f): 3:02pm On Nov 19, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

lol, when I said braid I meant  braid with my own hair. I don't like to use extensions when I braid my hair.

I hope to do that too but it will be a while before my hair grows to a length that can achieve that.

SA Goddess:

Yeah girl, 4 months, it was the "singles" like drop and something but done all the way to the end. . . . you sit for 8 hours and pay a lot of money for those so it does not make sense to take them out after a month when you put so much into getting them done. Never again though, taking them out is another story! I will be doing cane/cornrows from now on!
Same type I used to do. It didn't matter how long I sat,after a month it's coming out or I lose my hair. I think the only style I kept for 4 months was when i did dreadlocks with extensions. Never again will I do that. My hair was never the same after taking the extensions out.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by Ejadamen(f): 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2010
I loosened my braids today and was amazed when I saw my hair shocked It has grown so much in 3 weeks. It made me seriously consider re-braiding but it needs to rest for now and given TLC. A lot of women kept asking when I would use relaxer on my hair and I said no. They were shocked and couldn't understand why I said what I did. I didn't bother to explain. I can't wait to show them how beautiful natural hair can be when taken care of properly.
Re: ***Hair For African Women*** by ZaraSanch(f): 12:43am On Nov 24, 2010
Hello Sir/Ma

We are introducing now our latest Spanish Luis Serrano female fashion sandals in Nigeria, So do not let this opportunity pass you by as our prices are affordable and extremely considerate. If you are interested in wholesales this is the best opportunity to make extra and good profit so far. We have great competitive prices and great deals! All our clients are happy with us, so check them out without compromise. Visit our website for our designs http://www.luiserrano.net/

Best Regards

Zara Sanchez
+34634533755
Madrid, Spain
zarazarilla@yahoo.es
luiserrano@madrid.com
http://www.luiserrano.net/

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ladies, What Is Your Ideal Heel Height? / Photos From MBGN 2014 / Funke Akindele (Jenifa) Makes A Colorful Fashion Statement [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.