Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Love Advice From Parents. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Advice From Parents. (1872 Views)

Why Am I Afraid Of Love.advice NEEDED / How do I Feel Love? ( Advice Nedeed guys only) / Love Advice: Mystery Lady On Cool FM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Advice From Parents. by Moralistli(m): 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2010
Lets hear the love advice you 've ever got from your parent.
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by akinolasam: 6:22pm On Sep 08, 2010
From my mother: If the lady is good enough to be your friend, then she could be a good wife. Real love grows on true friendship.
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by Moralistli(m): 7:30pm On Sep 08, 2010
From my mother: If the lady is good enough to be your friend, then she could be a good wife. Real love grows on true friendship.

Nice advice.
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by InkedNerd(f): 5:51am On Sep 09, 2010
Hmmm, I got nothing. They think I'm asexual. . .
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by Bnimz(m): 6:25am On Sep 09, 2010
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by Bnimz(m): 6:28am On Sep 09, 2010
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by sohiemi(m): 6:54am On Sep 09, 2010
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by InkedNerd(f): 7:16am On Sep 09, 2010
s.ohiemi:

@inked wat is asexual?

When I say asexual, I don't mean it in the biological sense as only one parent is involved in asexual reproduction [just wanted to make sure I differentiated]

An asexual is someone who does not experience sexual attraction. Unlike celibacy, which people choose, asexuality is an intrinsic part of who we are. Asexuality does not make our lives any worse or any better, we just face a different set of challenges than most sexual people. There is considerable diversity among the asexual community; each asexual person experiences things like relationships, attraction, and arousal somewhat differently. Asexuality is just beginning to be the subject of scientific research
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2010
You're talking in parables? Pls expatiate.
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by Omolola1(f): 12:40pm On Sep 09, 2010
4rm my mom: guyz are secondary 4 now. lov is lust, dont fall in2 dat trap cos i knw u re not ready 4 it. face ur books~
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by InkedNerd(f): 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2010
stevetboy9:

You're talking in parables? Pls expatiate.

Are you talking to me or the original poster?
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by Omolola1(f): 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2010
he didnt understand ur english~ lol
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by Gbemyte(f): 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2010
Guys dnt worth dyin 4, just b gud nd dnt trust guys wit al ur heart. Giv room 4 disapointmnt
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 09, 2010
To you inkerd. I dont understand asexuality in humans
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by DrCork: 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2010
FROM MY DAD: SON, make sure u go for light skin babes with heavy bazuuka , dont let me down!!
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by InkedNerd(f): 2:17pm On Sep 09, 2010
stevetboy9:

To you inkerd. I dont understand asexuality in humans

Basically, an asexual person is a person who does not have any sexual attraction or experience sexual attraction. Meaning that the need for that person to engage in sex is nonexistent. Asexuality is totally different from celibacy though. Celibacy is a choice whereas asexuality is more of a biological thing.
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 09, 2010
From my mother: DO NOT SIT CLOSE TO ANY MAN ELSE YOU WILL GET PREGNANT
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by sistawoman: 2:20pm On Sep 09, 2010
my father taught me thru his actions what a real man looks and acts like.

He told me to never accept any man that could not treat me better than he did.  And that if I had a difficult time figuring out if they were good or not I should bring them home for him to evaluate on my behalf because sometimes love clouds our judgement.
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by InkedNerd(f): 2:32pm On Sep 09, 2010
jennykadry:

From my mother: DO NOT SIT CLOSE TO ANY MAN ELSE YOU WILL GET PREGNANT

LMAO, most African mothers tell their daughters stuff like mine. Thank God mine thought I was asexual grin.
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by 1102(m): 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2010
[size=13pt]From my mama--- Son Go and make enough money and marry as many women as u like-- even 50 women is too small-- but dont tell your dad i gave u this advice ooh else he adds another woman to myself undecided[/size]
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

LMAO, most African mothers tell their daughters stuff like mine. Thank God mine thought I was asexual grin.

She even told me that I could get pregnant if a man just stares at me, and I was like WTH does this woman think I am from the 60's  grin grin I know waszup ojare cool

Cheiii 190 you and your numerous lies undecided
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by InkedNerd(f): 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2010
jennykadry:

^^^She even told me that I could get pregnant if a man just stares at me, and I was like WTH does this woman think I am from the 80's  grin grin I know waszup ojare cool

LMAO, stuff like that cracks me up. I remember when I was 12 yrs old one of my "aunts" said to me right before I left Nigeria to come back to New York, "Make sure you behave yourself. Be a GOOD girl". Even at 12 yrs old, I understood what she meant. The i.diot should have just come right out and said "Stay a virgin, don't sleep around, and keep your legs closed". LMAO, if only she could see me now grin.
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2010
If only she could see me now. What do you mean by that and by the way so u mean you're not attracted to men?
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by InkedNerd(f): 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2010
stevetboy9:

If only she could see me now. What do you mean by that and by the way so u mean you're not attracted to men?

Just to clarify things, I never said that I was/am asexual. I said that my parents think that I am. Asexuality doesn't really have to do with ones sexual orientation. It deals with not an having any sexual desire, regardless of whether or you the person likes men or women.
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by 1102(m): 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2010
My Dad Once said--- SON DO U KNOW THAT ANY WOMAN U SUCK HER POOSIE CAN NEVER LEAVE U LIE LIE! undecided
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 09, 2010
Ink,why must they think you're asexual?
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by InkedNerd(f): 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2010
stevetboy9:

Ink,why must they think you're asexual?

Because I don't discuss with them anything that pertains to being in a relationship or being sexually attracted to anyone.
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by Kelvinj(m): 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2010
--190--:

My Dad Once said--- SON DO U KNOW THAT ANY WOMAN U SUCK HER POOSIE CAN NEVER LEAVE U LIE LIE! undecided
Haha mom told me that 2
Father2son: the beautiful once are not yet born So dont kill urself for these girls now
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by yme1(f): 4:18pm On Sep 09, 2010
my dad:::the Man knows wassup
focus on your future make your cash and don't be a liability to any man cause they will respect you for that
don't go out with those broke a:ss guys that doesnt want to stand up as a man
Education comes first in life b4 them guys
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by 1102(m): 4:20pm On Sep 09, 2010
^^
and that was how i met her and we got married~
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by Kelvinj(m): 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2010
y me:

my dad:::the Man knows wassup
focus on your future make your cash and don't be a liability to any man cause they will respect you for that
don't go out with those broke a:ss guys that doesnt want to stand up as a man
Education comes first in life b4 them guys

lol this kinda advice will change when ur 40, just wait
Re: Love Advice From Parents. by Omolola1(f): 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2010
lmao

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ever Met Someone Prettier Than Their Pics? / Is He Asking For A Slap? / Funke Akindele Finally Opens Up: Says, I Am Still In Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.