Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya (39235 Views)

Beverly Naya's Transparent Arabian Dress To The Wedding Party 2 Premiere [PICS] / Beverly Naya, Stephanie, Toyin Abraham, Juliet: Who Rocked The Aso Ebi Best? / Beverly Naya Was Bullied For Having Bad Eczema, Crooked Teeth, Lightbulb Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Starks: 10:09am On Mar 30, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:
The funny thing is that even black guys bully girls that are black. Sometimes you just caution yourself when you remember murder is a sin and crime.
yeah some black Nigerian guys do mock but not bullied ,those are d ignorant ones many still end up marrying dark skin.
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Starks: 10:12am On Mar 30, 2019
jesmond3945:
guy forget matter o. The system tight for black people here. You must work extra hard, take extra shit and humiliation before you see light. It is only when you experience it first hand then you go know how far
before nko na your country.after still many black very dark skin Nigerians have so much prospered there too.
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Starks: 10:17am On Mar 30, 2019
Luvlyna:

Black is beautiful is only written in words. It is never said in actuality especially in this country. You will be openly abused for being black and encouraged to use cream
not any more d beauty of real beautiful dark skin is d African charm now.
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 30, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:
The funny thing is that even black guys bully girls that are black. Sometimes you just caution yourself when you remember murder is a sin and crime.
black girls also bully dark skin guys as well undecided
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Yonce(f): 11:08am On Mar 30, 2019
Starks:
stop deceiving yourself Asian are confused people... dark skin with long hair so I understand their pain, but in Africa especially in d Nubia n sub Sahara n sahara basin, then africans was ignorant n lack exposure to understand d dark skin beauty. of course u can see those beautiful dark girls u see in Nigerian music video very beautiful and georgous dark skin girls. Nigerians who married foreigners says they are always in d center of attraction because they shine. they call them chocolate girls wow so sweet.

Well I'm not sure what you typed up there but the one thing I'm sure of is that Colorism is not an African thing. It's a global disease.
Everywhere you go, Euroccentric beauty is glorified and dark skin is regulated to the background.
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by ElsonMorali: 11:15am On Mar 30, 2019
Yonce:

It's not even an African thing.
It's global.
From Asia to the Americas, fair skin has and will always be associated with geninue beauty.

It is a learned attitude. It's not innate.

1 Like

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Yonce(f): 11:15am On Mar 30, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

It is not an excuse but you need to understand that everyone will not have a thick back, people are made up of different kinds of emotions.

If we were all the same, I bet their would be no fewer than 20 people in Nigeria because the rest would have committed suicide.

We need to tackle this issue from the grassroots which is the educating the perpetrators of colorism. There should be awareness of this problem growing.

The funny thing is when these men marry their preferred light skinned babes they still birth dark skinned girls who will suffer the problems they created.

So we need awareness which Beverly is trying to create and we should support her rather than talking about unnecessary things like being an excuse to bleach.

This is so true. They pray for light skinned daughters but want their baby boys to retain the dark chocolate complexion of their fathers. undecided
But karma gives them dark skinned girls.

1 Like

Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by sweetrace(f): 11:20am On Mar 30, 2019
Anyone who survives being bullied and mocked is indeed strong. When the bullying starts, those that one expects to intervene sometimes join the bullies. She is a winner!
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by ElsonMorali: 11:20am On Mar 30, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

It is not an excuse but you need to understand that everyone will not have a thick back, people are made up of different kinds of emotions.

If we were all the same, I bet their would be no fewer than 20 people in Nigeria because the rest would have committed suicide.

We need to tackle this issue from the grassroots which is the educating the perpetrators of colorism. There should be awareness of this problem growing.

The funny thing is when these men marry their preferred light skinned babes they still birth dark skinned girls who will suffer the problems they created.

So we need awareness which Beverly is trying to create and we should support her rather than talking about unnecessary things like being an excuse to bleach.

Lack of self esteem is the root cause of bleaching. People should feel comfortable in their own skin, dark or light.
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by banio: 11:59am On Mar 30, 2019
Smelly pusssy
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by jesmond3945: 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2019
Starks:
before nko na your country.after still many black very dark skin Nigerians have so much prospered there too.
i am just stating the obvious to avoid misconceptions.
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 30, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Lack of self-esteem is the root cause of bleaching. People should feel comfortable in their own skin, dark or light.

Lack of self-esteem isn't the reason people bleach. Hope you know naturally fair girls still bleach?
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by ElsonMorali: 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

Lack of self-esteem isn't the reason people bleach. Hope you know naturally fair girls still bleach?

Are you saying that light complexioned ladies are immune to self doubt and lack of self esteem? I seriously disagree.
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 30, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Are you saying that light complexioned ladies are immune to self doubt and lack of self esteem? I seriously disagree.

You feel dark skin girls bleach and become light skinned because of self esteem issues, so why do light skinned girls bleach?
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by ElsonMorali: 6:53pm On Mar 30, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

You feel dark skin girls bleach and become light skinned because of self esteem issues, so why do light skinned girls bleach?

I've said this before. Because of lack of self esteem. They feel they must bleach out their skin to either "maintain" the lightness and prevent the natural tanning effect of sun rays or to even lighten it further. Either way, they aren't comfortable in their God given skin, hence the need to want to "improve" on it.
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2019
ElsonMorali:

I've said this before. Because of lack of selfesteem. They feel they must bleach out their skin to either "maintain" the lightness and prevent the natural tanning effect of sun rays or to even lighten it further. Either way, they aren't comfortable in their God given skin, hence the need to want to "improve" on it.

God gave them a light complexion skin which the sun rays tan, and they maintain it by bleaching right? So, how is it low self esteem to preserve what God gave you?
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by ElsonMorali: 8:18pm On Mar 30, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

God gave them a light complexion skin which the sun rays tan, and they maintain it by bleaching right? So, how is it low self esteem to preserve what God gave you?

You obviously don't know the effects of bleaching agents on the skin. You should read more about it.

And I'm sure you saw I put the word "maintain" in quotes. That should tell you something.
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by beewhy009(m): 10:53pm On Mar 30, 2019
OyinO:

Fix what? You need tl fix your inferiority mental complexity

Beverly Naya who recounted how she was mocked and bullied over her dark skin, said she is just contributing her own best to stop it.

She said she is contributing her own best to stop it... Which is to fix it.

Your inferiority mental complexity can not even be fixed Cuz as a matter of fact; it was about to be screened but was prompted not found. No wonder you can type without thinking.
Re: I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 31, 2019
ElsonMorali:

You obviously don't know the effects of bleaching agents on the skin. You should read more about it.

And I'm sure you saw I put the word "maintain" in quotes. That should tell you something.

We are not talking about the effects here but the reasons people do it. I'm trying to let you understand it's not always about self-esteem issues. The world and its people are too big to generalize certain things under a box.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chika Ike Celebrates Her 30th Birthday Today / Toyin Aimakhu Shades Ex-husband, Adeniyi Johnson On Gram [PICS] / Queen Nwokoye Says This Is Why Nollywood Actors Run Out Of Money & Into Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.