Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha (13753 Views)

Ihedioha Destroyed Another Monument Built By Okorocha / Bridge With No Rod Constructed By Okorocha Collapses (Video) / Ihedioha Begins Demolition Of Monuments Built By Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by Islie: 9:29am On Apr 09, 2019
by Okodili Ndidi

Imo State governor, Rochas Okorocha, Monday gave hint why he wants to go to National Assembly as Senator representing Imo West Senatorial zone.

He said that he wants to build a strong political bring between the Southeast and other geopolitical zones of the country.

The governor also hinted that he would pursue the policy of Free Education at the National Assembly “so that the children of the poorest in the society would have hope of survival in Nigeria”.

According to him, “I also want to use the opportunity in the Senate to rebuild the Political Bridge that has linked the South East with the rest of Nigerians. The Political Bridge is somehow faulty and it is dutifully incumbent on me to rebuild this bridge so that Igbos will play a recognized role in the Politics of the Federal Republic of Nigeria”.

He continued that “I am going to the Senate to promote the course of ordinary Nigerians. These are some of the things I am going to the Senate to do. Otherwise, I have no business there”.

Governor Okorocha who spoke when he received the new Commander, 34 Field Artillery Brigade (FAB) Obinze Brigadier-General Yusuf Tukura when he came on Courtesy Call at the Government House Owerri, also disclosed that he is leaving behind a viable and secured State.

He said that his administration in the State from 2011 to 2019 saw the disappearance of kidnapping, armed robbery, ritual killings, baby factories, militancy and other organized crimes in the State, adding that he would not be happy to hear that these crimes are back to the State when he has left.

He said “We have enjoyed a very good working relationship with all the past Army Commanders and we are hopeful it will continue. Imo is a peaceful State. It was made peaceful through the efforts of the rescue mission government, in partnership with other Security Agencies in the State.

“The transformation you have seen in Imo State eight years down the line is as a result of Sacrifice. A leader who does not make sacrifices has no business with leadership. What you are seeing in Imo is a product of sacrifice. Sacrifice of self, Sacrifice of Comfort and personality, denial of yourself who you are, that you might serve your people well”

https://thenationonlineng.net/why-i-want-to-go-to-senate-by-okorocha-2/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by Harrymig1(m): 9:30am On Apr 09, 2019
Hmm
Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by JasonScoolari: 9:34am On Apr 09, 2019
Without any doubt, Rochas Okorocha has done so well in the area of Security which brought an end to kidnapping ritual killings, baby factory and armed robbery in the state, BUT Rochas Okorocha is not the type of politician that would build a strong bridge between the SE and other regions. He is doing all these "Political Eye-service" because of the presidential seat and can even call a Cow "Broda" because of "Meat"

He should rather start building the bridge from his own turf (Imo) and probably his Ogboni Fraternity, then we can take him serious.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 09, 2019
According to him, “I also want to use the opportunity in the Senate to rebuild the Political Bridge that has linked the South East with the rest of Nigerians. The Political Bridge is somehow faulty and it is dutifully incumbent on me to rebuild this bridge so that Igbos will play a recognized role in the Politics of the Federal Republic of Nigeria”.

Who send you? Rebuild your own bridge first... anu mpama.

20 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by Uncleodi(m): 11:33am On Apr 09, 2019
If it is the will of God, why not.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by BruncleZuma: 11:33am On Apr 09, 2019
Guy go sleep abeg...

9 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by Ijaycool(f): 11:33am On Apr 09, 2019

“I also want to use the opportunity in the Senate to rebuild the Political Bridge that has linked the South East with the rest of Nigerians. The Political Bridge is somehow faulty and it is dutifully incumbent on me to rebuild this bridge so that Igbos will play a recognized role in the Politics of the Federal Republic of Nigeria”.

You see Tribalism, Nepotism and Regionism is the chain holding back Nigeria's political stability.

The Administration of Yaradua and GEJ (as vice) was one of the best, because there was a well defined 7 Point Agenda and a realistic way to achieve it. This should guide our choice of leadership, not Tribe.

Yaradua is a northerner but has been the fairest govt to the Niger Deltans. Even GEJ a core Niger Deltan didn't do as much for his people.

As the governor of Imo state did you build anything? You want Igbos to help your personal political agenda because you are Igbo? That's stupid.

Until we vote based on policy, we will continue to be a shithole. Elections are over, the new interest is 2023, next election! ...and Man will live forever more because of elections.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by sojayy(m): 11:34am On Apr 09, 2019
But the Senate don't want u kwa !

11 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by avrian: 11:34am On Apr 09, 2019
ok o
Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by Alamu1111: 11:34am On Apr 09, 2019
Ehen are u serious
Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by son123: 11:34am On Apr 09, 2019
After 8 years as governor, he still wan do senate. Im no de tire?

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by looseweight: 11:35am On Apr 09, 2019
I don't think he has the wherewithal to Link south east with other regions. His alignment with the northern oligarchy alone won't be enough to serve as a bridge in bringing southwest, north and east together
Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by quincyshakur(m): 11:35am On Apr 09, 2019
��������� U won go Senate? com go mak I see na tunda from Malawi go fire u angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by maxiuc(m): 11:36am On Apr 09, 2019
angry
Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by gurunlocker: 11:36am On Apr 09, 2019
Abi you want to continue building your already built pocket...
Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 09, 2019
Your people rejected you. Go and reflect on the reasons why they hate you so much. Before speaking of political office

6 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by Divinehenrich(m): 11:37am On Apr 09, 2019
Something must be very wrong with this man. Oga, we the good people of Imo west senatorial district have rejected you. Oga Rochas plz is not by force to represent us at the senate.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by donkarly(m): 11:37am On Apr 09, 2019
Okoroawusa we reject your iberiberism in the Senate..
Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by Uncleodi(m): 11:37am On Apr 09, 2019
Ok...let me think!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by mozona(m): 11:38am On Apr 09, 2019
no that is not the reason ... No No No..

the reason is you what more MONEY.

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by Sholaco: 11:39am On Apr 09, 2019
Greedy man

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 09, 2019
okoro awusa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by adisabarber(m): 11:42am On Apr 09, 2019
He doesn't need to be in the senate to do all this

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by Jidibia(m): 11:42am On Apr 09, 2019
Is it by force?

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by oyeb15: 11:43am On Apr 09, 2019
The reason is greed .
Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by IkemChris(m): 11:45am On Apr 09, 2019
See how he is sounding like a better person. Nwokem go and sit down biko
Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by SageTravels: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2019

Igbos dont need any bridge. North has been ruling for years yet there is no significant development there. If all politicians can put the interest of Nigeria first instead of their personal interest. we would be competing with UAE now.

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by evynkennett: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2019
THIS E COMMERCE WEBSITE DESIGN PACKAGE IS GUARANTEED TO GET YOU MASSIVE SALES THIS 2019!

If your business is not online in this digital savvy era, you would be swimming against the current.

With increasing need to tap from online opportunities, every businessman or woman is looking to have an online store where he or sell can sell their range of products and services.

According to PayPal, "Nigeria is the 3rd highest mobile shopper worldwide - only after China & India!"

That is why your E commerce Website development can’t afford to be handled by Quacks

WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR E COMMERCE WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT WITH US

- BEAUTIFUL WEBSITE AESTHETIC AND FUNCTIONALITIES – THAT CAN COMPETE WITH TOP SITES
- BUSINESS BRAND LOGO DESIGN (A MUST FOR YOUR BUSINESS)
- UP TO 5 BANNER DESIGNS FOR YOUR ONLINE MARKETING ADS FOR FREE
- PAYMENT GATEWAY INTEGRATION
- LIVE CHAT (make it easy to connect with customers enquiries on the go)
- FREE TRAINING ON HOW TO UPLOAD, EDIT AND REMOVE PRODUCT IMAGES OR PRICES FREE
------------------------------------------------------
- Secured Certificate Installed for FREE
- 1 year US based Hosting (comes with unlimited Hosting Space and Bandwidth)
- Free Domain for 1 Year
- SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
- Comes with GOOD Website loading Speed!
- Up to 10 or more official email addresses FREE
- Websites comes with ALWAYS availability. NO DOWNTIME!
- Contact and enquiry form
- Google map integration
- Social media integration
- Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!

ALL THESE PLUS MORE FOR JUST N45,000 FROM THE ICT COMPANY THAT HAS IMPLEMENTED WEB AND MOBILE APP SOLUTIONS FOR SATISFIED CLIENTS ACROSS NIGERIA, UK, USA, CANADA AND IN AFRICA. WE ARE the HOLY GRAIL of website design and development when it comes to SMEs that are starting out (and of course for far complex web projects). Once you can dream it, WE WILL ACTUALISE IT FOR YOU - GUARANTEED!

Re: Why I Want To Go To Senate By Okorocha by Nicklaus619(m): 11:55am On Apr 09, 2019
He use to be one of the most credible politician of all time, establishing his foundations even outside his state, that offers free education to the poor masses, but Rochas of these days don't sound like a man that Is capable of doing all that he had just blabbed about, he has lost the support/respect of his people, integrity takes time to build and Rochas had lost his

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Buhari, 5 Presidents Meet In Chad Tomorrow / Buhari's Health Not As Terrible As Speculated — Presidency / Umahi Vows Never To Castigate Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.