Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule (26254 Views)

Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. / Photos From The Burial Of Adamu Ciroma / Mallam Adamu Ciroma Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by 2mercy: 10:31pm On Apr 09, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday said that only two Nigerians were found honourable during the trial of public office holders during his military rule.

Speaking during a town-hall meeting with Nigerians in Dubai, United Arab Emirates(UAE), the President who recalled how he sent President Shehu Shagari and other top government officials to prison over corruption, said Bilyaminu Usman, a junior minister, from Jigawa State, and Adamu Chiroma, a minister of finance and governor of central bank were the two Nigerians found honourable by the panels that investigated politicians.

Buhari was responding to a question by a Nigerian based in Dubai had asked the president: ” What are you doing to bring treasury looters to justice ? Your boss, your subordinates and others. Many are saying the president can only bark, he can’t bite. When are you going to bite like lion?

The president who was in Dubai for the ninth edition of Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) of the UAE, responded by saying:

” I have once ruled this country, some of you know that once upon a time I came in uniform and what I did was to arrest from the president downward. The president, Vice President, the governor’s and ministers, other than the president and the Vice President, the others, I put them in Kiri-Kiri, and I told them they are guilty until they can prove themselves innocent.

” And you know subsequently what happened- we set up about six tribunals base on the geopolitical zones, and those who were ministers and governors were asked to justify what they have in the banks and physical on the ground relative to their legitimate earnings.

” There were only two Nigerians then to my knowledge who were found to be very honourable, both of them are dead now: Bilyaminu Usman, a junior minister, from Jigawa State, and Adamu Chiroma, a minister of finance and governor of central bank. They were incredible Nigerians.

Buhari served as the nation’s head of state from 31 December 1983 to 27 August 1985, after taking power in a military coup d’état. Buhari justified the military’s seizure of power by castigating the civilian government as hopelessly corrupt and promptly suspended Nigeria’s 1979 Constitution. In 20 months as Head of State, about 500 politicians, officials and businessmen were jailed for corruption during his stewardship.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/buhari-opens-up-on-two-nigerians-found-honourable-during-his-military-rule.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by Amuocha: 10:35pm On Apr 09, 2019
Seen

"I have once ruled this country, some of you know that once upon a time I came in uniform and what I did was to arrest from the president downward. The president, Vice President, the governor’s and ministers, other than the president and the Vice President, the others, I put them in Kiri-Kiri, and I told them they are guilty until they can prove themselves innocent"

- Tinubu, others take note.

A leopard does not change its spots. shocked

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by three: 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2019

You almost missed it too didn't you?

Read again slowly

THE MEMBERS OF THE INVESTIGATIVE PANEL ARE NOT MENTIONED AS HONOURABLE BY BUHARI

16 Likes

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 09, 2019
angry angry see the way you dey talk as if na you dey in charge..... i give all credit to idiagbon and not you... even during your civilian rule it's still not you.. All thanks to pastor tradermoni I give him all the credit....
Terrorist angry
- you released 152 Boko Haram members into the society
- you recruited Boko Haram members into the armed forces
angry angry this guy is a terrorist
Buhari is a disease angry
buhari is an agent of Satan

OilPussy thank you for calming me down unless I would have blown Nairaland because of that terrorist

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by YUNGCONCEPT11(m): 11:14pm On Apr 09, 2019
kingemzy5:
angry angry see the way you dey talk as if na you dey in charge..... i give all credit to idiagbon and not you... even during your civilian rule it's still not you.. All thanks to pastor tradermoni I give him all the credit....
Terrorist angry
- you released 152 Boko Haram members into the society
- you recruited Boko Haram members into the armed forces
angry angry this guy is a terrorist
Buhari is a disease angry
buhari is an agent of Satan
Go and slay your fellow Igbo
Okoro olori korkor

OilPussy thank you for calming me down unless I would have blown Nairaland because of that terrorist
Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by YUNGCONCEPT11(m): 11:15pm On Apr 09, 2019
[quote author=YUNGCONCEPT11 post=77410110][/quote]
Go and slay ur fellow Igbo
Okoro lasan lasan

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 10, 2019
He always praise his fellow Muslims as the only upright lots. Let me continue.

But one lie I won't take is the treatment he meted out to Ekwueme the then Vice president to Shagari.

It is on record that while Shagari was put on house arrest, Ekwueme was thrown into prison like a common criminal.

And Buhari is still wondering why his hatred by the Igbos is unending.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by ZIAZI(m): 1:35am On Apr 10, 2019
Sai baba !
He forgot to tell them that he ousted a democratically elected government.

He forgot to tell them that d takeover was illegal ab initio.

He forgot to tell them that d civilian govt officials were not tried by a court of competent jurisdiction, but by Military Officers with no fomal training in law.

He forgot to tell them dat d likes of Jim Nwobodo of d Old Anambra state and Barkin Zuwo of Kano state were tried and sentenced to hundreds of years imprisonment.

He forgot to tell them that d then NBA was against his actions and that he dealt with them decisively with d use of soldiers with "koboko".

I SALUTE OUR DEAR MR. INTEGRITY.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by nwabobo: 4:20am On Apr 10, 2019
2mercy:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/buhari-opens-up-on-two-nigerians-found-honourable-during-his-military-rule.html

Lalasticlala

And he failed to mention Ekwueme who the panel had this to say "Dr. Ekwueme left office poorer than he was when he entered it, and to ask more from him was to set a standard which even saints could not meet." 

This man Buhari is a rabid tribalist who hates everything but his own.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by Optional09: 4:26am On Apr 10, 2019
I can’t believe anything Buhari says, his track records of lying is very disappointing

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by naijadefender: 5:29am On Apr 10, 2019
Buhari...... Is that the answer to the question? tongue

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by porka: 5:59am On Apr 10, 2019
What about Baba Adekunle Ajasin?
What about Baba Bisi Onabanjo?
What did the tribunal find on them?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by scribble: 6:09am On Apr 10, 2019
but his own finance minister was forced to resign for kwarrupshun

13 Likes

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 10, 2019
Story for the gods.

Dino sing me a song.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by ItuExchange(m): 10:12am On Apr 10, 2019
Ok oooooo.

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: ItuGlobal
Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by Englishgold: 10:13am On Apr 10, 2019
What did they do for the country

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by MISTAICEY02288(m): 10:13am On Apr 10, 2019
Stupiid Man... Same Military rule where you were useless and offered the nation absolutely nothing asides playing same blame games like you're doing again now. I wasn't born when this clown was President in Military regime and i heard and read how useless and terrible he was.. And now he's still ruling again in my own days with same mediocre mindset... Incompetent useless President ever.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by mainman7(m): 10:13am On Apr 10, 2019
In the spirit of fairness and to dowse the suspicion of Chriatians in this Country, Is PDP not supposed to file in a Chriatian for SP? I expected PDP to be more sensible than this, instead of playing into the hands of some APC goons. Why are Christians afraid to demand for a Christian Senate President? It would help to balance Power in the Country, if not...
Google the following:
EXPOSED! Borno Senator Ali Ndume Buys 400 Golf Cars For Boko Haram Suicide Bombers

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by talker234: 10:14am On Apr 10, 2019
ATTEND THIS MASTER-CLASS AND BE A CERTIFIED DIGITAL MEDIA PROFESSIONAL IN 2019 - NO BOREDOM. NO BLATHERING. NO BULLSHIT. 100% PRACTICAL!

The truth is this social media likes don’t necessarily turn to leads that eventually can turn to sales.

To be the Digital Media Marketer Employers and clients want to hire - you need to understand how to implement the digital media marketing mix - paid and guerilla marketing, social media management, build inbound traffic, content creation for Ads, create designs needed for your Ads campaign and email marketing etc

AREAS TO BE COVERED IN THIS INTENSIVE TRAINING

- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click Advertising
- Digital Display Marketing
- Social Media Marketing and Management
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Strategy and Planning
- YouTube SEO
- Guerilla Marketing
- Content Marketing
- PLUS MUCH MORE!!

TIME (10am – 2pm) – Time subject to changes for flexibility

PERIOD: 4 Weeks Marathon Training (Weekends and 3 times a Week training available but with higher charges)

CERTIFICATION: Certificates issued At End of Training at a little extra cost

VENUE: IKEJA LAGOS (UNLIMITED INTERNET WIFI AVAILABLE!)

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for online and digital media

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (SOME USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by IamCeazer(m): 10:14am On Apr 10, 2019
People dat helped him to power
Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by tripper003: 10:16am On Apr 10, 2019
Noted..
Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by Mace0lane: 10:18am On Apr 10, 2019
Igbo tale

The same Ekwueme that untold amount of dollar was found in his house or why was he the only person left in jail not even ministers n then we had minister from both north n South before u lied that it is cos he’s a southerner again ?

nwabobo:

And he failed to mention Ekwueme who the panel had this to say "Dr. Ekwueme left office poorer than he was when he entered it, and to ask more from him was to set a standard which even saints could not meet." 

This man Buhari is a rabid tribalists who hates everything but his own.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by Urchman200: 10:18am On Apr 10, 2019
Only ur brothers where found worthy, jokes of a president, we have not forgotten how Alex ekwueme was sent to prison as a president, while the president Shagari was let loose nepostic of a leader.can Buhari lead that small community he comes from?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Bilyaminu Usman, Adamu Ciroma Found Honourable During Military Rule by tete7000(m): 10:19am On Apr 10, 2019
A tribal bigot...Only his fellow hausa muslims will always be credible...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5000 Ebonyi Youths Receive N20,000 Each From NDE, Umahi Appreciates Buhari / Bomb Explosion In Kano / 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.