Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,194 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. (41095 Views)

UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist / Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos / UNILAG Student Rusticated For Twerking With The Statue Of Former VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by wonder233: 8:14am On Apr 12, 2019
It's time for honesty:
Are you a cultist?
Did you submit genuine ssce results at the point of entry?
Where you involved in any criminal activities, fraud, etc on and off campus?
Where you involved in examination malpractice like impersonation?
Lastly, are you aware that the term 'rustication' is the penalty for these classes of offences?
Now if you claim not to have registered for a session, are you aware that automatically means you voluntarily dropped out of school?
If this was the case, then your only hope is to appeal officially and unofficially, that is, if you know anyone higher up the school hierarchy that can plead your case.
Going to court will only worsen your case cos it is clearly stated in university guidelines that failure to register for a session amounts to automatic withdrawal

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by lonelydora: 8:18am On Apr 12, 2019
Propsvilla:

Please how do you make this ur SIG colourful

Write a comment in the comment box, highlight it. Click on 'change colour' at the top, choose colour. Then copy all the comment including the colour and paste on your signature
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by eddie7: 8:20am On Apr 12, 2019
It's just a turbulent phase that will surely pass... Be firm & focused cos going back to academics is the only hard way forward..... I was once a victim, final final & semester in my ND day, but today, I posses ND, HND, BSc & an MSc.... to God's glory & shame to the devil... U will excel & be celebrated
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 12, 2019
mhizzharin:
Try recall u might have committed offence in ur previous level most federal universities dont disclose student dismissal until final yr which is very bad..
Life goes on i wish u d very best be strong and move with life
So true! I recall how we impersonated to write exam for student .Not until final year the school pasted list of student to be suspended and rusticated from school .I was lucky my name was not on the list but most of my fellow colleague were listed.
Federal university are really bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by RiyadhGoddess(f): 8:27am On Apr 12, 2019
Those wey go school, abeg make una help am.
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by jmoore(m): 8:28am On Apr 12, 2019
Nicklaus619:

Zero joy, grin, I personally dont consider NOUN graduates employeble, that stufff be like internet lesson.
Shows how unexposed you are. Open university will be the model for most universities as population keep exploding all over the world.

1 Like

Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Sermwell(m): 8:30am On Apr 12, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
My girlfriend soon to be ex is having the same issue in UNIBEN, she didn't register her courses last session. Met her HOD and I await the outcome of the meeting
if it's UNIBEN brotherly nothing dey happen!! I didn't register my courses for two sessions but sat for exams and wasn't rusticated!!
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Omojudy: 8:33am On Apr 12, 2019
Daeylar:

That's how those kind of guys behave.
Soon to be ex but yet acting as monitoring spirits in the girl's life.
Lol
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by ccollins(m): 8:43am On Apr 12, 2019
Martinez39:
You didn't register so as time passed, it was assumed you had dropped out. And since you were OFFICIALLY absent during the exam with no deferment letter, they withdrew you. Try explaining your situation to the school authorities. Did you really register?
he should institute an action in court to outline his grievances and ask for reinstatement
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Ayoslimzy(m): 8:44am On Apr 12, 2019
Contact me on 08101645573 and lets make money
Fuvk school fuvk the system
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Richy4(m): 8:44am On Apr 12, 2019
I don't understand Nigeria institutions...

In this era of technology.. are they still finding it challenging to communicate with their students.. Don't they have students portal where they can communicate one on one with students...

I'm not even sure the young man knows the reason why he was rusticated... communication gap between students and authorities... And no ombudsman in Nigeria to report to...

How can one pay school fees from 100 level to final and u tell him he was no longer a student.. is that a fair practice... Court would be a better solution to this in Nigeria... . Most school in advance country is still better.. when certain decisions were taken, they still give an alternative places to turn to for solutions until all means were exhausted..

I can even bet that there are no students guidance and councilors in that school.. Check the lawyers man.. The money you paid.. the time u invested cannot be a waste..
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by sonofthunder: 8:45am On Apr 12, 2019
CyberEBOLA:
COME TO NOUN
can one do MSC engineering with noun?
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by uuzba(m): 8:48am On Apr 12, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
My girlfriend soon to be ex is having the same issue in UNIBEN, she didn't register her courses last session. Met her HOD and I await the outcome of the meeting
And how does your X and Y relationship with girlfriend concern this story?
Is that what you will be writing on your professional CV?
Somebody is talking about profession here. Una dey carry girlfriend untop head.
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by uuzba(m): 8:51am On Apr 12, 2019
fergieboy:
If this guy turn arm robber or yahoo boy now..

...then he will be arrested and locked up.

How can somebody be in University and does not know the university dismissed him? He has been unfocused for quite long. No be today him mumu start.

You wey you enter bus, you no dey know your bus stop?
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Potch: 8:52am On Apr 12, 2019
Realslimshady:
I'm a final year student of the University, I just found out that I got kicked out of the university due to the fact that I have been unable to register for the previous semester (which I did my Siwes). I don't know what to do now ,has anyone ever passed through this ? how did you overcome it? how did you pick yourself up? is there any possibility that I can still return?

If you fail to register for courses in a single calendar year without applying for suspension of study, it means you have withdrawn from your programme. This is different from rustication. Rustication is when you are suspended for at least a semester due to examination misconduct or gross wrongdoing. That being said, you cannot be withdrawn by your HOD but by the Senate. You may appeal the decision of the Senate if you have a strong reason for not registering, e.g. on medical ground. Good luck.
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Lagosian29(m): 8:53am On Apr 12, 2019
Realslimshady:

Go and learn software programming.
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Nicklaus619(m): 8:54am On Apr 12, 2019
jmoore:

Shows how unexposed you are. Open university will be the model for most universities as population keep exploding all over the world.

Keep consoling yourself, as a graduate of Noun u will be less considered in the labour market before any other institution, Lols I know better cos I have many noun graduate as friends grin
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Joystark(f): 8:56am On Apr 12, 2019
JubrinElSudan:

Soon to be ex... Oh humans! Lol
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by nenny4alz(f): 8:58am On Apr 12, 2019
If you are sure its no fault of yours n your records are clean, come to human rights brekete family in Abuja, they ll help you get justice.
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by nattty(m): 9:05am On Apr 12, 2019
You're not telling the truth bro, no school will rusticate you for not registering a semester, especially SIWES period what you do now is that you go see your HOD of student affairs, the worst case scenario is an extra semester or huge fine but all this will work if you are sincere with yourself cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by StellarJo(m): 9:07am On Apr 12, 2019
Buhdeuce:

This your comment based on the ruthless and relentless make me burst laugh!

Same here man!

1 Like

Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by davillian(m): 9:07am On Apr 12, 2019
Realslimshady:
I'm a final year student of the University, I just found out that I got kicked out of the university due to the fact that I have been unable to register for the previous semester (which I did my Siwes). I don't know what to do now ,has anyone ever passed through this ? how did you overcome it? how did you pick yourself up? is there any possibility that I can still return?
Go to your department , meet your level coordinator start from there.
My sis had similar issue she dint appear in school for one year but on medical grounds which she has to provide Dr reports etc .
You need to give them a reason why you dint register that sem and provide evidence too
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by jmoore(m): 9:09am On Apr 12, 2019
Nicklaus619:

Keep consoling yourself, as a graduate of Noun u will be less considered in the labour market before any other institution, Lols I know better cos I have many noun graduate as friends grin
Your friends will still be the same if they attended the same university as you did. They would have sorted lecturers with cash or sex. NOUN is not responsible for the failure of your friends.
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by kennysmart21: 9:09am On Apr 12, 2019
All you need to do is just write the leave of absence for the semester you didn't register, take it to your HOD and it will be processed them you can Re run that semester
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Sholaco: 9:15am On Apr 12, 2019
The question is, are u behaving well as a student?

1 Like

Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Treasure17(m): 9:16am On Apr 12, 2019
doughziay:

No be only NOUN na PRONOUN
Somebody dey find solution, you dey talk another thing.
Wawu.. grin
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by lookingfly: 9:20am On Apr 12, 2019
Amuocha:
But where is lalasticlala sef angry
he's busy fantasizing on snake threads grin
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by donbenie(m): 9:33am On Apr 12, 2019
Nicklaus619:

Zero joy, grin, I personally dont consider NOUN graduates employeble, that stufff be like internet lesson.
Thank God you're NOT an employer.. cool

1 Like

Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Gkemz: 9:34am On Apr 12, 2019
Rusticated when used by my alma mater means suspended for a period of year(s). And your offense must be related to exam malpractice or criminal act to warrant rustication from the school.
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Cashrill(m): 9:34am On Apr 12, 2019
Go n suspend the IT semester (suspension of studies)
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:41am On Apr 12, 2019
wonder233:
It's time for honesty:
Are you a cultist?
Did you submit genuine ssce results at the point of entry?
Where you involved in any criminal activities, fraud, etc on and off campus?
Where you involved in examination malpractice like impersonation?
Lastly, are you aware that the term 'rustication' is the penalty for these classes of offences?
Now if you claim not to have registered for a session, are you aware that automatically means you voluntarily dropped out of school?
If this was the case, then your only hope is to appeal officially and unofficially, that is, if you know anyone higher up the school hierarchy that can plead your case.
Going to court will only worsen your case cos it is clearly stated in university guidelines that failure to register for a session amounts to automatic withdrawal

thank you brother... shd didn't come out open to disclose what may have caused the rustication because no school can do that except he/she is involved in some of these things listed above.. the only they would have done is to withdraw her because she didn't notify them of her absence.. the OP is hiding something... these schools have human as there management and so.. they couldn't just take actions without having proof and acting on the school rules and regulations.. I implore the OP to read the school guide for more clarification.. thanks brother

1 Like

Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Nicklaus619(m): 9:48am On Apr 12, 2019
jmoore:

Your friends will still be the same if they attended the same university as you did. They would have sorted lecturers with cash or sex. NOUN is not responsible for the failure of your friends.

And who told u they failed They are graduate, in fact, they came out in flying colors but it ain't the same in the labour market that's all I am saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akeredolu Commissions Classroom With Modern Toilet For Public School (Photos) / Ekiti University Bully Flogs Fellow Student (Photo) / Industrial Chemistry Vs Chemical Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.