Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. (40915 Views)

UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist / Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos / UNILAG Student Rusticated For Twerking With The Statue Of Former VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by OhiOfIhima: 2:12pm On Apr 12, 2019
eddie7:

Sat for JAMB in my HND1... ran both programmes concurrently

Wow! You are a don man. Kudos
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by geezynoni: 2:22pm On Apr 12, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
My girlfriend soon to be ex is having the same issue in UNIBEN, she didn't register her courses last session. Met her HOD and I await the outcome of the meeting
soon to be ex..wetin u mean
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by deltateam: 2:39pm On Apr 12, 2019
THUNDER4real:
@op come and see one of ur enemies. No body is above the law, even Buhari, is it your common school and VC that cannot be dragged to court?

Okay go and sue your school. Is it about barking behind your phone?
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by hardeyborwarley(m): 2:49pm On Apr 12, 2019
In case you don't know I'm a graduate of NOUN and I work at seplat (one of the top 50 companies to work in Nigeria)
Nicklaus619:

Zero joy, grin, I personally dont consider NOUN graduates employeble, that stufff be like internet lesson.

1 Like

Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by eddie7: 3:07pm On Apr 12, 2019
OhiOfIhima:

Wow! You are a don man. Kudos
Thanks man, it wasn't easy at all but with God. Funnily enough, it was fun somehow
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by smsmoney(m): 3:30pm On Apr 12, 2019
FOR DAILY AND LATEST JOBS
http://mynaijatalk.com/category/latest-jobs/
Urgently pass this information across to other members that are not on this platform.
Thank you.
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Moz22: 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2019
Realslimshady:
I'm a final year student of the University, I just found out that I got kicked out of the university due to the fact that I have been unable to register for the previous semester (which I did my Siwes). I don't know what to do now ,has anyone ever passed through this ? how did you overcome it? how did you pick yourself up? is there any possibility that I can still return?
simply write a letter telling them u wished you deferred your program.. I missed a whole session in my own time, but with the help of senior officers in d school I was able to get in. I was advised that I write a letter that I wish to defer my admission by a year and stating the reasons for my deferment there in.. meet with tip officials in d school and explain ur self
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by mechanics(m): 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2019
You should have avoided that, it's only the Senate who has the power to recall you back.
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by CyberEBOLA(m): 3:50pm On Apr 12, 2019
sonofthunder:

can one do MSC engineering with noun?
Sorry, No
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by CyberEBOLA(m): 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2019
KendrickAyomide:
how far i have a Question about NOUN
Feel free to ask
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by CyberEBOLA(m): 3:53pm On Apr 12, 2019
mancity11:
Tell me more about NOUN need info urgently
What would you like to know?
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by CyberEBOLA(m): 3:54pm On Apr 12, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
ADJECTIVE is better, NOUN is not easy o
HAHAHAHAH!
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by 27Pushing30: 6:01pm On Apr 12, 2019
THUNDER4real:
Mr graduate from Nigerian university...There's no-body and no institution you cannot drag to court, Just don't pray in that situation because u will do worse than court, Mr enlighter.

You’re indeed ignorant ...

Enjoy the bliss
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by KendrickAyomide: 6:04pm On Apr 12, 2019
CyberEBOLA:
Feel free to ask
i want to apply for undergraduate admission in Germany. i will need my 100 level Transcripts for admission, I don't have it since i graduated from a polytechnic (ND) . i want to know if i can get my 100 level Transcript from NOUN after 1 year.. how easy is it? Thank you
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by THUNDER4real(m): 9:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
27Pushing30:

You’re indeed ignorant ...

Enjoy the bliss
See pot calling kettle black.. .Your state of mind is worse than ignorant..boy run along and get a life
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by OgaBuhari: 5:16am On Apr 13, 2019
Sermwell:

if it's UNIBEN brotherly nothing dey happen!! I didn't register my courses for two sessions but sat for exams and wasn't rusticated!!
Uniben increased 200 level fees to 45k.
Till now I'm yet to pay. Do u know when they'll likely close the portal or start late payment?
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by evolved: 7:47am On Apr 13, 2019
THUNDER4real:
Involve your parents/ sponsor, you both go and see the V.C, what type of arant nonsense is that, If they still insist your out and you are sure your Cgpa is a bit okay, just get a lawyer and inform the V.C you will meet him in court..They can give you extra year not kick you out...If your mates graduate before you, in court start claiming damages...

If he did not register for a session/semester, he has to fill a "condonement form" for that semester. What he should do is write a letter, apologising for not applying for condonement and okead for mercy to be allowed to reapply.

If he can stylishly meet a few members of senate. They might be able to to weigh in on his matter when it's raised at their Senate's meeting. Else, he's on his own.

I currently have a similar case on hand right now. Dud was sick and didn't notify school. Now he's back and the registrar isn't having it.
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Sermwell(m): 7:48am On Apr 13, 2019
OgaBuhari:
Uniben increased 200 level fees to 45k.
Till now I'm yet to pay. Do u know when they'll likely close the portal or start late payment?
no closing of portal but she cannot sit for exams without paying. exam is still some very few months ahead. but you can go ahead and pay now if you have the means.
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by OgaBuhari: 12:01pm On Apr 13, 2019
Sermwell:

no closing of portal but she cannot sit for exams without paying. exam is still some very few months ahead. but you can go ahead and pay now if you have the means.
thanks bro. It's me actually.
I'm even yet to resume sef.
Mehn my friends for fellowship and school just dey harsh No one allowed me to squat since I had no where to stay so I had to use my school fees to rent a house at ekosodin 50k.
I'll resume on Monday hopefully God will send help.
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Realslimshady(m): 4:19pm On Apr 14, 2019
Martinez39:
You didn't register so as time passed, it was assumed you had dropped out. And since you were OFFICIALLY absent during the exam with no deferment letter, they withdrew you. Try explaining your situation to the school authorities. Did you really register?
in my school,registration is done per semester not session,i registered for the first semester but wasnt able to register for the second semester. I did Siwes so there was no exams just defense,i fully completed my siwes and even did siwes defense but i wasnt able to register for the Semester.
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Martinez39(m): 4:22pm On Apr 14, 2019
Realslimshady:

in my school,registration is done per semester not session,i registered for the first semester but wasnt able to register for the second semester. I did Siwes so there was no exams just defense,i fully completed my siwes and even did siwes defense but i wasnt able to register for the Semester.
You should have registered for the semester. The admission is probably lost.
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Realslimshady(m): 4:30pm On Apr 14, 2019
filleSouriante:
We all know there is a stipulated period of time for course registration after which the portal will b closed n reopened for late registration. How come u felt so comfortable not registering? Even if u were doing ur IT abroad, someone can easily register for u. Even if u had money issues, ur LA should b aware so he would defend u at the senate. You didn't register, u didn't inform ur LA n u were comfortable, who does that in final year?

Mind u, u can't be Rusticated based on d fact dat u didn't register. Rustication comes in place when u have done something serious n before that u will have gone through series of questioning both at the department, faculty n senate levels. Rustication is a long process, cos once u re Rusticated u can't be readmitted so no school just Rusticates, highest dem go give u extra year for not registering a semester

Anyways what do I know? Just thinking out loud? Either u or ur university isn't saying the truth tho

my mom lost her job last year,i applied for a job and i got it but my siwes sipervisor said its either my Siwes or the job. I had to quit and i asked Nifes for help but the money didnt come till after results had been released,i didnt just sit down watching
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Realslimshady(m): 4:31pm On Apr 14, 2019
madgoat:

Exactly... .maybe shes not using the right word. Another possibility is she may have been withdrawn due to extremely poor grades.
my cgpa is 2.91 on a scale of 4.00. I have 0 carry overs
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Realslimshady(m): 4:35pm On Apr 14, 2019
nattty:
You're not telling the truth bro, no school will rusticate you for not registering a semester, especially SIWES period what you do now is that you go see your HOD of student affairs, the worst case scenario is an extra semester or huge fine but all this will work if you are sincere with yourself cheesy

if you have been to a university you should know that they do
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 14, 2019
Realslimshady:

You sound like a great Makurdian. Do you school in UAM?
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Realslimshady(m): 4:37pm On Apr 14, 2019
emmanuelpopson:

thank you brother... shd didn't come out open to disclose what may have caused the rustication because no school can do that except he/she is involved in some of these things listed above.. the only they would have done is to withdraw her because she didn't notify them of her absence.. the OP is hiding something... these schools have human as there management and so.. they couldn't just take actions without having proof and acting on the school rules and regulations.. I implore the OP to read the school guide for more clarification.. thanks brother
forgive my choice of words,its withdrawal not rustication
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Realslimshady(m): 4:43pm On Apr 14, 2019
BETPAWA:

You sound like a great Makurdian. Do you school in UAM?
nope
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 14, 2019
Realslimshady:

nope

If it were to be here. I'd help you out. Good luck bro.
It shall be well.
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by madgoat(m): 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2019
Realslimshady:

my cgpa is 2.91 on a scale of 4.00. I have 0 carry overs
Ok, then really do try and find out what caused the rustication and i do hope ot can be sorted out and you complete your programme. If it's to beg, plz beg oh. Dont be proud
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by nattty(m): 9:51pm On Apr 14, 2019
Realslimshady:

What are you saying? "You should know that they do" smiley well that's the best advise ever from a bachelor of technology holder wink
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by filleSouriante(f): 10:32pm On Apr 14, 2019
Realslimshady:

my mom lost her job last year,i applied for a job and i got it but my siwes sipervisor said its either my Siwes or the job. I had to quit and i asked Nifes for help but the money didnt come till after results had been released,i didnt just sit down watching

So sorry dear. That's why u should have carried ur LA along. Nobody in the senate will hear that ur major sponsor (mum) lost her job n still mete out such punishment on you. They are humans too. Please I will advise u go back and discuss with ur LA, any lecturer u are close with and the school Counselor , let them revisit ur issue. I pray the Lord will favour u and provide all ur needs. All the best
Re: I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. by nattty(m): 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2019
Realslimshady:

With due respect I just gave u an advise and Insult shouldn't be a reply however I have a B.Tech in pure and applied chemistry and I'm sure of what I'm saying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNIBEN Computer Science Students Zombified In Their Final Year Costume (Photos) / Industrial Chemistry Vs Chemical Engineering / Most Overhyped Courses In Nigeria,the FACT!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.