Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1578760 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ioklen(m): 8:05am On Aug 14, 2009
Thanks, mwana,, that was huge makes over 4 JKIA, phenomenal really IMO.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 7:19pm On Aug 14, 2009
Ioklen:

Thanks, mwana,, that was huge makes over 4 JKIA, phenomenal really IMO.

Ehee. Just to handle ten or less international flights a day abi? Of what use?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2009
In that case nigeria gets none,seeing we receive more international visitors,

Catholic University of East Africa (CUEA) in Karen. I guess they are building a new students resource/research centre.

And there's another large office park or mall coming up next to Brookhouse school at the junction of Langata and Magadi roads.

Lavington suburb
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Miridega(f): 7:01am On Aug 17, 2009
Kenya is a beautiful place to live in, everycountry has its own problems, they all are exposed in different ways. And the only way to know a place is by living in that place an seeing the good things about it. Alot of times people tend to focus on the negative sided of things and never on the positive things. I love kenya ant looking at these pictures made me love and miss it even more. I love taking pictures and I have to say the focus of all these pictures was realy good, because both the image and the sarroundings have come out well. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by chinook: 8:49am On Aug 18, 2009
@mwanamiwa

would like to see some pics on the ongoing beatifications projects on the city highways and some construction taking place in the city of nairobi.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by chinook: 8:59am On Aug 18, 2009
am really suprised with status of the some of the nigeria universities,they look like high school buildings
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2009
Thanks for the positive reviews guys smiley

Coming soon,
Nairobi International Convention Centre mentioned.

5 star Hotel

Exhibition Centre

Convention Centre

China Trade Centre

America & Europe Trade Centre

Asia, Africa & Middle East Trade Centre

International Financial Centre for Africa

Multimedia Centre

Video of the project
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 1:32pm On Aug 18, 2009
Here's Kenyatta University (KU) looks like they have been digging some more from the previous pic and there is now a construction crane (far left of pic). I understand they have multiple projects going on there ie new library, students centre etc.

Delta Corner,westlands
I couldn't get renders for this project online.

Centum Investments Headquarters, Nairobi, Kenya, Area: 45 000 m2, Design Competition Winner 2008

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 1:40pm On Aug 18, 2009

Tom Mboya street.

Mombasa road

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2009
New Mombasa road

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2009
New housing in Embakasi

Listening to Kamba drummers, Nairobi Museum Amphitheatre.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by chinook: 6:21am On Aug 19, 2009
@mwanamiwa

thanks men,you are doing great job.have seen many of architectoral designs you've posted,does this gonna be a reality or just pictures?

where does the centum investment headquaters gonna be,can't wait to see it and what seems to be the mother of all construction projects in nairobi ,a 5 star hotel,china centre,finacial centre for africa,when does all this gonna take place?

last men,some one told me that there is up coming stadium eldoret by the name eldoret olympic stadium,do you have any idea on the project?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2009
chinook:

@mwanamiwa

thanks men,you are doing great job.have seen many of architectoral designs you've posted,does this gonna be a reality or just pictures?

where does the centum investment headquaters gonna be,can't wait to see it and what seems to be the mother of all construction projects in nairobi ,a 5 star hotel,china centre,finacial centre for africa,when does all this gonna take place?

last men,some one told me that there is up coming stadium eldoret by the name eldoret olympic stadium,do you have any idea on the project?

Chinekee wo!! They have run out of places to picture. Now they go look for drawings to post abe. Moderator. wetin dey go make this thread for stop. Nairobi finish!! Finito!!. Nairobi city na be small ooh. No industries, no factories, !!!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:31pm On Aug 19, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:36pm On Aug 19, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:40pm On Aug 19, 2009

Parking:

Basement
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2009
more Upperhill
I think I can recall when this area was just bushes and some houses. Note the new tower coming up in the background.

New office block.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2009
Westlands
Sarit Mall

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africraig: 1:58pm On Aug 21, 2009
is it visa-free for nigerians?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2009
africraig:

As the big broda in Africa, I don't think Nigerians go need visa for small country like Kenya. But you gotta confirm this before you travel.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 10:55pm On Aug 21, 2009

Its only visa free for other EAC member states,Tanzania,Uganda,Rwanda and Burundi.But welcome. smiley

Westlands CBD

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 10:59pm On Aug 21, 2009
more Westlands

The Citadel.

Eden Square.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:04pm On Aug 21, 2009
Delta corner.

The new hotel coming up in Westlands.

More

New office block coming up along Waiyaki way.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by blackspade(m): 6:46am On Aug 22, 2009
Love it! I really like this city, is there a sizable Nigerian community anywhere in Kenya?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by chinook: 9:44am On Aug 22, 2009
@mwanamiwa

marvelous pictures men,Nairobi gonna be the african best city.have finally seen the delta corner under construction.

Nigerians has no more comments,they are overwhelmened like me with the developments in nairobi.

goodwork men,give us more pics.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 7:31pm On Aug 22, 2009
chinook:

@mwanamiwa

marvelous pictures men,Nairobi gonna be the african best city.have finally seen the delta corner under construction.

Nigerians has no more comments,they are overwhelmened like me with the developments in nairobi.

goodwork men,give us more pics.

Wetin be your wahala? What is there to comment about!! We Nigerians do not play in your league. Wetin city be this with not a single industry? Me no see any picture of any manufucturing concern in your Nairobi pictorial show. No sound economy runs on only empty office blocks that you have saturated your gallery with. There has to be a vibrant manufucturing base. No wonder millions of Kenyans go chop nothing now.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 12:54am On Aug 23, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 12:57am On Aug 23, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 1:04am On Aug 23, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 1:09am On Aug 23, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 1:34am On Aug 23, 2009
mwanamwiwa:

I like these two views especially the last one. Was it taken from atop anniversary tower. Beautiful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.