Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,471 members, 7,770,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:12 AM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1573428 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by asoderock(m): 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2007
that is fantastic for Africa
Long live Africa!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 3:08am On Jul 07, 2007
i hope i am alLowed to add more pics of nairobi I found on the net

[img]http://image42.webshots.com/43/6/61/83/2319661830032084361KRuGKP_ph.jpg?track_pagetag=/page/photo/travel/africa&track_action-/Shortcuts/FullSize[/img]

[/img]
[img]http://egmgem.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1563&g2_serialNumber=[/img]

although nairobi is great, it is also going through problems just like any other city in africa i.e over population hence slums. but since the focus is on the positive here is a video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mJFkCr296TU

[img]http://images.world66.com/pa/rl/ia/parliament_avenue_galleryfull[/img]

new builldings keep popping up^^

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by 9ja4eva: 3:26am On Jul 07, 2007
Lovely

We shld make a collection of all dese nice African pics and send to BBC n d likes.

AFRICA NA D BEST

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by amazingfac: 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2007
Oh my!!  these pics are GREAT!!! My husband, who is a Kenyan is always telling me about Nairobi and us going there. Living in the Caribbean,  we have very strong African roots and this make me even more proud to be a part of this beauty. I never doubted the beauty that exists in Kenya despite what other pics of slums that might have been portrayed. Just beautiful!!!!!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by 9ja4eva: 9:57pm On Jul 10, 2007
D pictures amaze me

SO PROUD TO BE AFRICAN
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mushki: 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2007
They are trying. i hope to go there soon and will confirm if these pics represent reality on the ground
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by 9ja4eva: 2:44am On Jul 13, 2007
lol

i think it does
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Mutongoi: 6:29am On Jul 13, 2007
Hi Constatin,

Nice pics. The color, the detail is just superb. Please let me know, which type and model of Camera was this? i'd like to get one. I cant beleive how much detail and distance it captures. Kindly holla back. I'm really really interested in owning one.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by desgiezd(m): 11:38am On Jul 13, 2007
Im so, so impressed. Never knew Nairobi could be so beautiful and well kept. This is breathtaking. I didnt notice street trading in any of the pics, no papers or dirts littering the streets, no beggars, no commercial buses moving on the wrong lanes. Abuja is already beautiful and its on the way to attain this kind of splendour but can Lagos?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by joyunspeak: 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2007
I am resident in Nai as we call it. its very easy to live in such beauty and forget or not notice it. However, it has been hard and long the journey to it. the picha-graphs are so good. but yes i confirm that is the capital city of Kenya.

there are more greater sights, the surburbs, the parks and the villages, great stuff. i implore you all to visit Kenya and see for yourselves, yes we do have the slums too, the west has taught us to think Africa and think slums. shame on those people.

visit this nice country and as our worker no. 1 (prseident kibaki) aren't we proud of this man? would say, mjienjoy

2 Likes

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by dafman(m): 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2007
The city is really neat, the western media is really horrible, how come of all the programmes they show they never show us these. If it's not AIDS infested villages, it's some backwater slum. It's really great to know that wonderful sights like these exist and not only in South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by changeman(f): 10:09pm On Jul 13, 2007
Great Pix, great work> make me a proud African again. There's no need comparing Kenya and Lagos, African cities have places of taste. Only wish our everyday life could be half as beautiful.
I dare every Africa traveling home anytime soon to take such pictures and share them. Let the world know we are not doomed. You and i will surely make a difference. Imagine the misconception that will be corrected.
Once again, nice job whoever you are. African or not. Only wish you are an African.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by kenyacouk: 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2007
You wonder why all the high risers and not so many street and people shots:- Maybe you should take a look at the originals from this site:-
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=271198

Not to mention having a gander on the flickr site
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=nairobi

tching'Mungu akipenda, tutafika'
smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by kenyanguy: 10:42pm On Jul 15, 2007
Hi. I'm a Nairobi guy born and bred and I'm impressed at how beautiful my city is. Credit goes to our no-nonsense Town Clerk John Gakuo. Thanks for the photos. We really appreciate. Did you know that the boss of Citigroup Kenya is a young Nigerian called Ade Ayeyemi?

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Tats(m): 11:37pm On Jul 15, 2007
Really glad to see these pictures. Seeing some of the shots, its almost unbelievable that it is in Africa, but i believe they are real. Do you see some of the shots some foreign media show when running a story on Africa? They don't do us justice. An example are the recent shots of Accra Ghana that showed the place looking like a slum except for the airport.

kenyanguy:

Hi. I'm a Nairobi guy born and bred and I'm impressed at how beautiful my city is. Credit goes to our no-nonsense Town Clerk John Gakuo. Thanks for the photos. We really appreciate. Did you know that the boss of Citigroup Kenya is a young Nigerian called Ade Ayeyemi?

@kenyanguy, its nice to know about Ade Adeyemi. Thanks for letting us know and seeing your nice city. smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Walsh: 11:18am On Jul 19, 2007
Do you know the Nairobi City council has passed a law forbiding smoking in public in the entire city. If you're caught its 6 months in jail and/or about $30 fine. Littering was made illegal 2 years ago. Primary school is free and you'll be sent to jail if your child is not in school. Results, absolutely no street children. 3 or 4 yrs ago all street children were mobilized and those with no homes sent to care institutions and school. The older ones were integrated into the government's national youth service where they're taught technical skills and discipline to make them employable or self employed. Africa has a lot to learn from Kenya.

5 Likes

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Walsh: 11:30am On Jul 19, 2007
Mushki,

Travel on Kenya Airways esp. their new B777s. They're superb! I guess you'll be convinced of the decency in Nairobi and the warm spirit of the people immediately you enter the plane. But be warned, their politics are hot and the democratic space out of this world. Kenyans can express their opinions anyhow, any place and any time and no one will raise a finger to hush them. Even cabinet ministers can disagree with the president in public. A rarity in Africa and possibly the world.

2 Likes

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by harambee: 6:48pm On Jul 19, 2007
I was born and bred in Nairobi. Seeing these pics just make me so homesick, im currently away on a short stint else but can't wait to return to Kenya to enjoy the sights and sounds of that lovely country! Like every other country, we in Kenya have our ups and downs. But as Africans we must be proud of who we are and what we have. Let's not allow the West to tell us how to do our thing or how to feel about ourselves. Because you know what, in their eyes Africa is all about failure, poverty etc. But we who live in Africa know otherwise. So let's spread the word on the good things happening in Africa wherever we go.

Be proud!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by 9ja4eva: 7:49am On Jul 22, 2007
Na so oh.Proud AFRICAN
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by wifeypenth(f): 1:10am On Jul 23, 2007
Kenya is realy a nice country. My boyfie went there at one tym.and he has gud reports bout d place
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by 9ja4eva: 3:15am On Jul 23, 2007
I dey wonder ao leg race for dt Country be cos i no say dem sabi race well well.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by dollph: 8:48am On Jul 24, 2007
wow,  never knew kenya was so beautiful and developed.
really great pics! smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 11:32am On Aug 02, 2007
I am a Kenyan and live and work in Nairobi. This pics are real though our infrastructures mainly roacd need to be improed coz we suffer from traffic jams. However this might be a thing of the past very soon with the government pledging to upgrede roads to match with the rising population. Am proud to be a Kenyan and am happy to see other good looking cities like Abuja and Lagos. Long live Africa

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by volina(f): 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2007
Nice pics. I hope its ok to add some more photos for Nai and Mombasa
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Showgoh(m): 10:56pm On Aug 02, 2007
beautiful wink
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naijaway(m): 11:52pm On Aug 02, 2007
this is impressive but the most impressive was posted by walsh, saying is illegal for ur kid not to go to school cuz it is free for them. One observation there was most of the air conditioners were roof top kinds and i couldn't help but be impressed unlike window kinds in a tall building.
Kenya is going strong but hopefully African governments can start to cooperate more in terms of security, spying, and social events. U know like more than what it is now because and is true that kenya border the arabs if I can guess right.
I was wondering poster, what does kenya manufacture and does kenya have traditional rulers? If they do, how effective are they in the society?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by larger20(m): 3:55am On Aug 03, 2007
Nigerians stay away from kenya, Dont over pollute it like lagos ISland, pls oloshi lol
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mushki: 11:19pm On Aug 03, 2007
naijaway:

I was wondering poster, what does kenya manufacture and does kenya have traditional rulers? If they do, how effective are they in the society?

i may be wrong but i think its mainly agricultural economy eg tea, coffee, and flowers and tourism
as for traditional rulers i'm pretty sure there is no equivalent to west african standards eg kingdoms, titled princes, rich chiefs, fons. Quite unruly infact. None of that "yes sir", "no sir" and "ok madam" in the speech
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by rhombus: 1:20pm On Aug 04, 2007
Kenya, whose capital city is Nairobi, is by large an agricultural economy. However, the service industry has in recent years become one of the main foreign exchange earner.

As such, manufacturing is agriculture-based. for instance, apart from coffee and tea, Kenya is the largest producer of dairy products and pyrethrum in Africa. In addition, Kenya is the biggest producer in the world of cut flowers and fresh beans, supplying 25% of all flowers and beans into EU. On the other hand, Kenya being the most dominant economy in east and central africa, other major manufacturing in the region is based in Nairobi e.g motor vehicle assembly, pharmaceautical & chemical production, beverages (alcohol) etc.

The service industry comprises of tourism, conference facilities and supply of labour abroad. By the way, remittances from Kenyans in the Diaspora is second only to Nigeria in Africa, Kenya has the second largest number of African students studying in America and Europe (second only to Nigeria). Suprising Kenya's population is only 32 million.

Apart from contributions by Kenyans to their economy, Kenya has benefited alot from having one of the most connected capital cities (Nairobi) in the world. Apart from Kenya Airways, airlines like Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, SA Airways and Emirates fly to Nairobi. In addition, Nairobi hosts global headquaters of UNEP and Habitat, major UN organisations. It is not suprising that Coffi Anan (former UN secretary general) has choosen Nairobi as the continental headquarters of his new organisation, AGRA. Other organisations with regional headquarters in Nairobi include, CELTEL Africa, Coca-cola, Scangroup, Unilever and East Africa Breweries. I hope 'Naijaway' is enlightened about Kenya.

One more thing, there are no chiefs or community kings. You don't have to say ''yes sir'' every time you respond to your boss. He might think you are funny if you do that in Nairobi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by tectona(m): 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2007
ohhh, cut me some slack, i was there on a business trip early this year. its not so cool as your making it look and sound like. you only pick the nice parts and display here. give us some break. cool
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by 9ja4eva: 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2007
Dts d idea.

Nice pictures.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mushki: 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2007
tectona:

ohhh, cut me some slack, i was there on a business trip early this year. its not so cool as your making it look and sound like. you only pick the nice parts and display here. give us some break. cool
i don't think there's any contention that poverty , slums, human suffering etc exist  there but   come on africans can we tell  the other stories other than what bbc, cnn , feed the children , world vision etc  have majored in portraying?
For all those posting pics of beautiful african places thumbs up! If i want pics of kids with flies in their noses and eyes too hungry to swat away i know where to find those not on nairaland please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.