Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1579425 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:29am On Nov 26, 2009
Mombasa Road

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:34am On Nov 26, 2009
Panari Sky Centre - Mombasa Rd.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:42am On Nov 26, 2009
More Mombasa Road The new highway has brought developments with it.

Parkside Towers(Zain)

Capital Centre Mall

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:43am On Nov 26, 2009
Nyayo Embakasi estate from the air.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by sunboy(m): 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2009
@mwanamwiwa: please whats the cheapest standard hotel i can find in Nairobi and not too far from the airport? with or without internet access , i will be glad if you can help me.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 5:04pm On Nov 27, 2009
sunboy:

@mwanamwiwa: please whats the cheapest standard hotel i can find in Nairobi and not too far from the airport? with or without internet access , i will be glad if you can help me.

Though addressed to Mwanamwiwa, let me flaunt my knowledge of nairobi a bit.

There is a strong possibility that you will have to get to the city center to find such a hotel and they are many within the city which is about 15 mile from the airport. That leaves Panari Hotel which is closest to the airport but way over the top in terms of price. But if your proximity to the airport is the worry, do not bother about it because the shuttles to the airport from city center are numerous and reliable (30 minutes) Right Mwanamwiwa.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by sunboy(m): 5:37pm On Nov 27, 2009
Oh thank you, and i have checked some hotels online myself and most of them are offering airport pick up service , but the problem is bookiing the room cos most of them accept credit cards which i dont have embarassed
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2009
sunboy:

Oh thank you, and i have checked some hotels online myself and most of them are offering airport pick up service , but the problem is bookiing the room cos most of them accept credit cards which i dont have embarassed

That shouldn't be a big problem. Just place a call and make a reservation. I am sure if the season is relaxed and I bet it is, they will always reserve a room provided you are sure about the date and time. You could use your debit card instead or get a prepaid Visa card from Walmart if you are in the US.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:29am On Nov 28, 2009
Thanks naliakar for clearing that up.

The former US embassy has been renovated into a hotel.Its locatrd on Mombasa Road just past Athi River.

Ole Sereni Hotel

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:32am On Nov 28, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:41am On Nov 28, 2009

from the Hotel Intercontinental

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:44am On Nov 28, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:46am On Nov 28, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:12am On Nov 28, 2009
JKIA - Jomo Kenyatta International Airport

The Future

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by sunboy(m): 9:55am On Nov 28, 2009
@naliakar thank u for the advice, maybe ill just call them to se if they'll reserve without a deposit. Im in naija, no credit here and our debit card is only interswitch, not visa
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 12:00am On Nov 29, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 12:02am On Nov 29, 2009
IPS & Lonrho Buildings

Mama Ngina Street 1

Mama Ngina Street 2

Harambee Avenue

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 9:11pm On Dec 01, 2009
The tourists are back.Its been reported the tourism industry has bounced back 90% after the election chaos.

[B]Masai Mara National Park[/B]

[B]Oloolo Gate[/B]

[B]Talek Gate[/B]

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by blackspade(m): 7:34am On Dec 02, 2009
Beautiful. I really want to see Kenya up close and personal now.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2009
Independence monument-Jamuhuri Park.

Morning rush hour. (CBD).

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:08pm On Dec 03, 2009
Heading for labour day celebrations at Uhuru Park.

Labour Day parade.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2009
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:23pm On Dec 03, 2009
Central Province

Aberdare forest-Central Kenya

Mount Kenya

Naro-Moru River Lodge

The Lodge is a popular base for climbing Mt. Kenya (below)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:30pm On Dec 03, 2009
Amboseli Serena Lodge-Amboseli National Park

This is a crappy pic but its what I could find of the hotel with Mt. Kilimanjaro in the background.

Now some more of the lodge:

The rooms,

Sights of the Amboseli:

The roof of Africa (Mt. Kilimanjaro) from the Amboseli

(the mountain is fast losing it's snow due to global warming)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:10am On Dec 05, 2009
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:12am On Dec 05, 2009
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:15am On Dec 05, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:16am On Dec 05, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:21am On Dec 05, 2009
Serene morning

Early morning

Clear blue sky

Nairobi Jewish Synagogue

Synagogue garden

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:23am On Dec 05, 2009
Suburb pic- Muthaiga, Northern Nairobi.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 9:46am On Dec 05, 2009
tHE SERENE MORNING PICTURE IS GREAT. BUT HERE IS ONE OF THE GREATEST IRONIES OF LIFE:THE SIGNATURE PROFILE OF MT KILIMANJARO WHICH IS IN TANZANIA (AS SHOWN BELOW) IS ONLY POSSIBLE FROM KENYA AND NOT TANZANIA I UNDERSTAND. SO TO BEHOLD THE BEAUTY OF TANZANIA'S GREATEST TOURIST ASSET AND AFRICA'S HIGHEST PEAK, JUST VISIT AMBOSELI KENYA. DON'T BOTHER ABOUT TANZANIA, RIGHT?

[img][/img]

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 10:15am On Dec 05, 2009
@ Mwanamwiwa
Allow me to hijack the thread a little and showcase not Just Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt Kenya which you have already done, but other mountains worth visiting if you are an outdoor and Hiking lover. East Africa has an array of mountains most of whom are snow covered occasionally. All these add to the beauty of this region and should be adequate incentive for nature lovers to leave the bustle and hustle of Lagos or Abuja and take a vacation in that region. I can assure you that not even the famed Obudu cattle ranch comes closer to some of the physical wonder associated with these.

First is Mt Meru just Outside Arusha in Tanzania

[img][/img]

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.