Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? (40609 Views)

Poll: Do you support the banning of Ini Edo?

Yes, serves her right for not being a saint.: 32% (16 votes)
No, she should be allowed to work despite the controversy.: 68% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations / Fifty Shades Of Grey Banned In Nigeria Cinemas Due To Sexual Content / Ini Edo the Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by osegwu(m): 1:41pm On May 07, 2007
If they banned her nko? wetin de? When they banned

the others nobody complained. Abeg, anybody is bannable for miscondct.

Even in offices you get suspended for violating one rule or the other so

why not in the movie industry? I really like her but if Nkem owah can be banned

who is Ini Edo?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by osegwu(m): 1:45pm On May 07, 2007
puker:

For Gods sake poeple should learn how not to discuss matters ignorantly. The ban slamed on that bitch is deserved. The event that led to her ban was because she lacked morales and good conduct. For some body who has a roll to play in a film while every body was waiting she was called by this guy who just drove in with a big car. She immediately abandoned the film, her role and the directors and rode off with the dude. Is that a good example for the up coming stars for Gods sake she should be kept in the cooler for a long time as far as am concerned. Bleep the bum!

Precisely my sentiment. She is a role model to so many girls

and dressing the way she is doing is very bad. Inshort the banning

is long belated, should have come on much earlier.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Carlosein(m): 4:00pm On May 07, 2007
na wa for naija people and banning!

Ini Edo sorry but you need a change of morals (if it's true) or a change of profession.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by RedLips3(f): 4:05pm On May 07, 2007
puker:

For Gods sake poeple should learn how not to discuss matters ignorantly. The ban slamed on that bitch is deserved. The event that led to her ban was because she lacked morales and good conduct. For some body who has a roll to play in a film while every body was waiting she was called by this guy who just drove in with a big car. She immediately abandoned the film, her role and the directors and rode off with the dude. Is that a good example for the up coming stars for Gods sake she should be kept in the cooler for a long time as far as am concerned. Bleep the bum!

Where exactly are your "morales" when you are calling a girl a "bitch" and a "bum" cos of rumors?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by naijaking1: 6:24pm On May 07, 2007
Pucker and the pro-ban group are blindly confused. So she left her job and drove off with a dude in a big car-eh! Good. Fire her from that job! Why speak of morales as if someone made you the keeper/judge/police/priest of Naija institute of morales. You just don't know how similar you sound with the Taliban or other Sharia law enforcers when you begin to advocate punishment for someone for not following your own version or interpratation of societal norms. values and morales. Yu've gotta wake up, or read a good book in sociology or anthropology.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Everbright(f): 6:27pm On May 07, 2007
When actors and actresses start demanding for pay due unto them,
Nollywood tend to barn them
So it's not a new gist and looking for what led to the barn is not far-fetched
It's very simple she asked for her dough sad
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by RedLips3(f): 6:52pm On May 07, 2007
Why isnt 2Face banned due to having bastard kids all over Nigeria and the States?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by spora(m): 7:12pm On May 07, 2007
I think when we contribute, in this forum, it should be done using the Rotary four-way test 'cos that is why we have a forum like this. Surprisingly, Seun himself has not done justice to the issue at hand.

Of the things we think, say or do:

1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?"

Now, who is a Role model?

Role model refers to a person who fills his or her role as a good or bad example for others. A good example is a positive role model. A bad example is a negative role model. The term role model on its own is usually taken to mean a positive role model.

A positive role model carries out a role demonstrating values, ways of thinking and acting, which are considered good in that role. Others hopefully will follow the example. A woman professor can be seen as a role model for other women, on the strength of her furthering of the profile of women in academia. Alternatively, she could be seen as a role model for aspiring academics, regardless of their gender, on the strength of her academic achievements and/or dedication to her chosen discipline.

Parents can be positive role models helping their children learn adult ways or they can be negative role models.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role_model

In Nigeria as a developing country, artists are suppose to be a positive role model because they are  who our children see on movie day-in day-out and most of them would aspire to be like them.

But the reverse has been the case in Nigeria. Those who show us the side effect of promiscuity, drug peddling and use, notoriety, broken home, love of money and other negative vices are the main cuprits.

An average star actress in Nigeria is hardly settle down, most of them have broken homes, single mothers. You find them jumping from one man to the other. Doing those things that are contrary to our custom all in the name of being "STARS"

The most annoying ones are the so called gospel musicians. The people we should sit down and tell them about gospel are ironically the same people that are telling us. Impregnating the church choirs with their welu welu style.

So if Ini is banned, it is because she is not Ini again but a public figure who should be responsible and show a good example to the generations to come. We should know that to every profession, there are dos and donts and if you run foul of any, you must be ready to face the music.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Seun(m): 7:18pm On May 07, 2007
spora, your post fails. Ini Edo is not a professional 'role model'. "Role model" is not her job.
She is an actress and she must be allowed to act, because she has been doing well as an actress

If you don't like her, you can boycott her movies, but you have no right to ban her because others aren't bothered.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by spora(m): 7:23pm On May 07, 2007
Seun, you get it wrong!

There is nothing like professional role model.

You know what?

You are a role model in your little way because of this your contribution to the society.

Imaging what will hapeen 2mr if somebody hears Seun is a drug peddler!

You will disappoint a lot of people.

That is exactly what we are saying
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by RedLips3(f): 7:26pm On May 07, 2007
Seun is right, you are wrong

Do you see anyone in other film industries in the world getting banned due to personal problems? Give me a break.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Seun(m): 7:30pm On May 07, 2007
Being a drug peddler is a crime. Having sex with a married man is not a crime.
Hope you can see the difference? If a celebrity commits a crime, the celebrity should be punished by law.

BUT Ini Edo did not commit any crime! Ini Edo did not peddle drugs or anything! See the difference?

Some people are offended because I don't believe in God. Others are offended because I think blacks should stop whining about racism. Others will be offended if I confess to premarital sex. If they are unhappy with what I am doing, they have the right to stop visiting the forum. They can boycott the forum, but they can't shut it down. See?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by spora(m): 7:51pm On May 07, 2007
I think we are getting some thing wrong here

Ini Edo was not banned for f, g around!

Ini Edo was banned for what AGN termed gross misconduct, indiscipline and outright violation of professional duties.

http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=9847&z=3

Just as a doctor, an accountant, a lawyer or any other professional can be banned for any professional miscounduct, an actress or whatever she called herself can be banned?

QED
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by RedLips3(f): 8:12pm On May 07, 2007
How weird, Brad Pitt cheated on his wife but got a nomination for an ward for Babel instead of a ban

I suggest you people grow up and mind your business

and if anyone deserves a banning for dressing, it's Rita Dominic
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Seun(m): 8:17pm On May 07, 2007
Clarification: Rita Dominic does not deserve a banning for dressing well. No one deserves a banning for that.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Seun(m): 8:19pm On May 07, 2007
Ini Edo was banned for what AGN termed gross misconduct, indiscipline and outright violation of professional duties.
Bullshit. "Gross misconduct" can mean absolutely anything, including "bad" dressing and sleeping around.
Also, she was banned by her colleagues, the people who have the most to gain from this ban!
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by RedLips3(f): 8:21pm On May 07, 2007
Re: Rita, I was being sarcastic, Seun.

All this ban nonsense is ridiculous. A country where 90% of the movies is about money rituals is now boasting of morality.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by finemocha(f): 10:16pm On May 07, 2007
And when i say some nigerians are useless, people say im being unpatriotic. i wish we could sign a petition or something.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by isocks2001(f): 10:55pm On May 07, 2007
good 4 her grin i cant stand her
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by tundysho(m): 8:41am On May 08, 2007
That girl's beauty still mesmerises me,even my fiance knows i admire her alot, she is realy pretty.but i hoope her beauty isnt getting into her head resulting into her messing around.Let them just forgive her cos i cant help not seeing her face in new movies.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by tundysho(m): 8:47am On May 08, 2007
@everbright

I love ur pix.U look good in it
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by rumours: 9:25am On May 08, 2007
Let's not be sentimental about this. If that info is anything to go by, then she must have done something wrong. More so talking about not banning pple from their means of livelihood. When u do something bad in your place of work, u get sanctioned. So we all suffer the same thing. Hers' is not different. We shld rather occupy ourselves with "What has she done?" "Is it enough to sanction her?" I think that's a better approach.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Seun(m): 9:35am On May 08, 2007
If I do something bad in one place of work, I will get sanctioned. But I can go to work at another place of work. If Ini Edo did something bad to one producer, he can sue or 'sanction' her, but he shouldn't be able to "ban" her.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by shad: 10:18am On May 08, 2007
She might have done something wrong, if she does, then she needed the banning.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by suko(f): 10:21am On May 08, 2007
hi guys our best actres Ine Edo is on band what really happen?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Ollie39: 10:21am On May 08, 2007
Talking about role models, gross misconduct, indiscipline and outright violation. The film industry should get the log out of their backsides. They should talk - who bans or discplines them about the trash they produce. Do the films have to be so violent and do they have to promote money rituals. What are they teaching the youths? That is is ok to be that violent or to ritualise money making. Abeg! Don't get me started. It is just a question of kettle call pot black.

Ino edo is a very good actress and my guess is that they are jealous. The year ban will not stop her, I hope she goes far in her career. Maybe Holllywood, Who knows?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by suko(f): 10:51am On May 08, 2007
pls lets be fact,nollywood is an organization with its own rules and regulation,whenever an actor or actres disobey the rules he/she will be penalize, if banning her is her own punishment let her go and pay her price,nobody have the right to question the nollywood official for anything,pls lets try to be honest here,she is a very pretty girl and has a bright future but she should not ruled her life with indecent dressing,many don't understand that what they wear behind the screen,should not be use outside,at least,as an actres dress decent and look responsible donut give people room to think evil the way you dress pls
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by hotchick: 11:36am On May 08, 2007
It seems the person who first posted this thread was already baised by asking if she should have been good as a SAINT?what is the meaning of that?Now i will cotribute to this topic in two ways  1.professionally,   2.Morally

1.professionally
Did she commit a crime against her profession?Yes she left her job unattended to
Was she given prior warnings?yes alot of petitions had been written against her by her co artistes,producers,directors.
Every job has its own rules and regulations and her  guild it is more appropriate to punish her than marketers.
should it have been a ban?personally i feel she should have been sanctioned
Professionally,she deserved to be punished for her gross misbehaviour.

2.MORALLY.
A.  Alot of these actors sincerly think that america is the standards for african celebrity life.No it is not this is Africa and there must be standards.
B.  The reason the american society is the way it is today is partly because they have nuisance role models.
C.  Although you might argue that the Indians are a bit harsh but atleast they take their culture seriously and protect their  sanity without allowing public wayward displays.
D. Now what are the standards?Nobody needs to know what you do with your personal life but the minute you start to throw cautions to the wind and rub it in people's faces then you have crossed the line.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by swiftycool(m): 1:45pm On May 08, 2007
If We decided that the copycat syndrome is our way of life in Naija arts
Then why dont we go along with it the entire length
i mean 
USA  HoLLy[b]WOOD[/b]
INDIA          Bolly WOOD,
Naija    undecided  grin NOLLY[b]WOOD[/b]
u catch my drift , So if they dont ban Lara Croft 4 husband snatching
or J-Lo for abandoning the set in a fit of anger
Copy that too and leave poor INI alone 4 being an irresponsible ho. wink
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by RedLips3(f): 4:09pm On May 08, 2007
hotchick:

ItA. Alot of these actors sincerly think that america is the standards for african celebrity life.No it is not this is Africa and there must be standards.
B. The reason the american society is the way it is today is partly because they have nuisance role models.
C. Although you might argue that the Indians are a bit harsh but atleast they take their culture seriously and protect their sanity without allowing public wayward displays.
D. Now what are the standards?Nobody needs to know what you do with your personal life but the minute you start to throw cautions to the wind and rub it in people's faces then you have crossed the line.

and what exactly is so special about the Nigerian society of today? The fact that we have many people spoiling our names by commiting fraud in this same america that you are bashing or what?

what standards? Is it the one where 90% of the movies are about money rituals or prostitutes or teachers raping students or maybe it's the new and improved lesbian movies. Is that the standards your dear country is holding on to?

Lol, I dont know who these Nigerian studios think they are fooling with their bans and "morality" issues. Lol cant even have a straight and fair election and they think say they have the right to open mouth about standards and morality and conduct. Rofl grin. I swear these people are mere jokers.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by puker(m): 7:34pm On May 08, 2007
Red_lips the name 'bitch' and 'bum' is well deserved because if she was not she would not have abandoned her business after been paid. The result of her ban was just what i earlier explained. The director of the film she was to participate in anger raised a serious petition against her and the measure wasn't erratic because her conduct was bad. Chikina!
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by puker(m): 7:48pm On May 08, 2007
naijaking or whats ya name your blind outburst is an exposure of your bad mangerial skills. May be you blindly wrote that thrash without knowing her sin. It is also exposes how ignorant you are with regard to film production. An actress that was piad should do her best to make her movies a success. And that includes obeying the rules. It realy hurts as a director poeple come to act their scenes and change your schedule. NO! Talking about reading my freind the only thing i dont read is tissue papers. So always know the fact of evey matter before leaking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tboss Insults Kemen Over His Kissing Pattern, Looks, In Front Of Housemates / Bbnaija: Avala And Isilomo Begin Their Media Tour After Eviction (Photos) / Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.