Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? (40606 Views)

Poll: Do you support the banning of Ini Edo?

Yes, serves her right for not being a saint.: 32% (16 votes)
No, she should be allowed to work despite the controversy.: 68% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations / Fifty Shades Of Grey Banned In Nigeria Cinemas Due To Sexual Content / Ini Edo the Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by tonte(m): 8:14pm On May 08, 2007
abeg they should ban her jooo, that girl caused problem between ma friend and his wife 'cos of her "bakassi" that sinful behind at least wen she is no more there there will be mno more behind 4 mafriend 2 worry about
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by sisimose(f): 8:17pm On May 08, 2007
so becos your friend could not control his hands abi nah him eyes and caused wahala for himself , she should be banned lol , thats just great lmao
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by ogbolu64: 8:35pm On May 08, 2007
I am willing to post a vacancy advert, please how do I go about this
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by naijaking1: 3:47pm On May 09, 2007
pucker and co. So u be director, eh. No wander things de get from bad to worse. Na 'cos of people like you. I would not call you names, ok! Let's just stick to the principles: so she committed some "sins", she has a bad work habit, she is not committed to the success of your film, etc, etc. Even if she did all these in one day, she still doesn't need to be banned. She needs to be fired and future employers need to know her work history. You'll be surprised what role she might land just for being "sinful, nasty", or whatever you call it. As a director u should know that. Mr. Spielberg, or whatever u think ur, do u know the difference b/w bad behaviour, crime, and sin? If u do, then u would not be substituting sin with bad behaviour. Sin belongs to the religious realm, and only God can judge who has sinned, and not some Hot naija film director who is probably jealous of the poor girl's ass in the first place. Crime belongs to the governmental realm, as only government can convict one of a crime. So a little education never hurts, even if u think u already know. So for poor pucker and all those intellectually challenged bros out there, think with ur brain, not ur penis, no emotions, but reasons. Stick with film directing, don't go playing God.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by naijaking1: 6:17pm On May 09, 2007
Another good example: Paris Hilton has just been sentenced to 45 days in jail for violating her parole. She committed a crime, and after due trial in a court of law, she recieved her sentence. Remember sha, she was never "BANNED" from her popular TV show or acting in Hollywood. In fact, her shows are expected to gain higher ratings from her jail sentence. She will be paid off big in d future.
Comapre and contrast that to Ini Edo-- or whatever she is called, and the Naija situation. Ini was never tried, yet some pretentious, price-fixing, and sex-starved men; like @puker gathered together and imposed a punishment according to their own myopic understanding. It's only in Naija! Everybody who cares for principle should be rattled by this nonsense.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by superman(m): 10:43pm On May 09, 2007
Another good example: Paris Hilton has just been sentenced to 45 days in jail for violating her parole. She committed a crime, and after due trial in a court of law, she recieved her sentence. Remember sha, she was never "BANNED" from her popular TV show or acting in Hollywood. In fact, her shows are expected to gain higher ratings from her jail sentence. She will be paid off big in d future.
Comapre and contrast that to Ini Edo-- or whatever she is called, and the Naija situation. Ini was never tried, yet some pretentious, price-fixing, and sex-starved men; like @puker gathered together and imposed a punishment according to their own myopic understanding. It's only in Naija! Everybody who cares for principle should be rattled by this nonsense

NONESENSE

ONE WAS BANNED IN THE COURSE OF HER MOVIE ROLE

THE OTHER ONE WAS BANNED OUTSIDE HER CAREER VIA DRINK DRIVING WITH THE LOCAL AUTHOURITY

SO ME AS ALWAYS THINK EMM THESE NIGERIANS JUST CANNT SEE THE DIFFERENCE

YES PROSECUTOR U RIGHT!

few years ago Rio ferdinal  (man-U) was banned for two years or something for dockin some drug test with some useless excuse

so me as aka Superman blazed up in nigerian flavour once again ask what is wrong with my nigerians

we no want second colonization do we?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by naijaking1: 1:55am On May 10, 2007
@superman, or whatever. u miss the point like ur other bros. 1st of all we don't know exactly what her sins were (another injustice), but whatever her sins, she was judged arbitrarily, unfairly, and by a biased jury of her competitors. Unlike Paris Hilton, Ini's sins were covered in a hush hush tone, so that her fans would be unable to decide for themselves. Some people say she drove off with a dude in a big car while at work, others say she exposed her nyas, some say she was drunk or drugged, still others insist that she refused to Bleep the big oga. In an open society, there would be no question of her sins.
Your comparison with the Man-u player is quite lame, b/c like Barry Bonds here in US, drug enhancing performance is not only a crime, it's a health risk and generally disapproved by all. Despite serious suspicion, these players had to be implicated directly and not just by heresay. Imagine ur sister, wife, or whatever's career being destroyed by subterreanean allegation of sinful acts, and getting banned or suspended from their means of putting garri on the table. Once again, if she committed a crime, prosecute her and give a chance to defend herself, then ban her as you like. No witch hunting, naija is almost worse than Bostonian witch-hunts of the 1400s.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by redsun(m): 2:08pm On May 10, 2007
@naijaking1,tell them,although talking sometimes is like pouring water on a stone,you can.t change people that are not ready to change,change comes from within,you got to understand it for you to go for it.Imagine FELA spending a lifetime taking,nobody seems to listen,now FEMI is there the same thing is happening.The only person they want to listen to is the one that is lying to them like chris okotie,keep making them feel sinful as if they killed Jesus,sin and morality is relative,it is man made and it's subject to adjustment.Your sins are forgiven,forgive yourself.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by sexyella: 3:50pm On May 10, 2007
Interesting Comments
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by uchetobi(f): 4:42pm On May 10, 2007
I don’t understand all these people saying that its good for her because she has been appearing / featuring too much in the movies. That’s so shallow minded Gosh!!!! So if someone is successful she should be banned or forced to take a break? Don’t understand how people reason
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by donan(m): 10:01pm On May 10, 2007
Guys every organization has its do's and donts, maybe ini edo has crossed one of the borders she is not meant to cross that is why she is banned. And based on the that sunnews report nothing has been said about what she did. They just said "misconduct".
NaijaKing
Who told you that what she did is not against the agreement she signed b4 joining NollyWood.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by naijaking1: 8:33am On May 11, 2007
@donan, what agreement? spell it out for all.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Nobody: 8:58am On May 11, 2007
Many posters here seem to be very sentimental. Some said they liked the ban because she has been appearing in most movies, some hated the ban because she is pretty, while some said she has to work because she has to earn a living.

Someone was comparing Paris Hilton's jail term with Ini Edo's 1 year ban; these are two diferent things.
P.Hilton had a problem with the local authority for drunk driving not with holliwood, while Ini Edo was banned by the organization she is in, for abandoning her work for an "unreasonable moves".

In Holywood, when an actor abandones his or her work, especially when on set; the producer can sue him to court which might cost the actor so much depending on the understanding between the two. All these processes are in the rule and regulation guiding holliwood. So why is Ini Edo's ban so different? when she could have suffered more if the producer decided to go to court straight.

Shame on the people that said the AGN(nolliwood) was uncivilzed. I think the uncivilized one was the person who abandoned her duty post for a dude in a flashy car.(that wasn't the reason some hollywood actors abandon roles on set; in most cases its breach of contract by the director or producer)

So, point of correction: Ini Edo was not banned for sleeping with 71 million Nigerian men(married and single), she was not banned for dressing like a slut. She was banned for abandoning her duty post: a signed agreement between her, AGN and the producer.

She is a good actor though, but inorder to maintain peace and order in an organization, one has to pay for missteps.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by superman(m): 12:48am On May 12, 2007
nuzo

Many posters here seem to be very sentimental. Some said they liked the ban because she has been appearing in most movies, some hated the ban because she is pretty, while some said she has to work because she has to earn a living.

Someone was comparing Paris Hilton's jail term with Ini Edo's 1 year ban; these are two diferent things.
P.Hilton had a problem with the local authority for drunk driving not with holliwood, while Ini Edo was banned by the organization she is in, for abandoning her work for an "unreasonable moves".

In Holywood, when an actor abandones his or her work, especially when on set; the producer can sue him to court which might cost the actor so much depending on the understanding between the two. All these processes are in the rule and regulation guiding holliwood. So why is Ini Edo's ban so different? when she could have suffered more if the producer decided to go to court straight.

Shame on the people that said the AGN(nolliwood) was uncivilzed. I think the uncivilized

one was the person who abandoned her duty post for a dude in a flashy car.(that wasn't the reason some hollywood actors abandon roles on set; in most cases its breach of contract by the director or producer)

So, point of correction: Ini Edo was not banned for sleeping with 71 million Nigerian men(married and single), she was not banned for dressing like a slut. She was banned for abandoning her duty post: a signed agreement between her, AGN and the producer.

She is a good actor though, but inorder to maintain peace and order in an organization, one has to pay for missteps.

i tire oo!

some ppl just cant help scrubing their balls! naijaking1 hope u listening
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by naijaking1: 2:45pm On May 12, 2007
People: make this thing simple. did she receive due process or not? She deserved to state her defense, no matter what--- that makes a civilized society. period.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Seun(m): 2:58pm On May 12, 2007
The people in question are not her employers, so why should they be able to ban her? Labor unions are evil.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by naijaking1: 8:06pm On May 12, 2007
Don't know if na de ban or the lack of understanding by people like @superman, nuzo, etc de make me crazy for this topic. Anyway, that's why it is a forum.
Let's say u work as accountant, lawyer, doctor, whatever, and u come to work one day only to find that the association of accountants, lawyers, or doctors has banned u b/c a dispute with your employer.
Employer says for example that u abandoned your job as a doctor in the middle of patient care. Evidence seemed plausible that u did. Before everything is finalized, u would want an opportunity to either confess to the violation or defend your self.
This is called due process. If folks'r not Hot, if sex and a beautiful girl were not involved, most rational people would want due process in all circumstances.  Why not now?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 13, 2007
@ naijaking,
you make youself crazy because you are being so sentimental about this issue.
After explaining why she was banned you still feel its all about sex; well thats your own biz.
Who told you she was not given time to come and defend herself. Well its Naija where one person will one day wake up and think he/she is bigger than an organization or the country as the case maybe.

As regards to you mentioning lawyers, accountants, doctors etc being punished for an unproffesssional practices in the court, i want to remind you that these professionals have organization guiding their activities. Their trial and banning are done by the association behind closed doors. They dont like showing off bad eggs in their organization. Sometimes they may not even tell you what the person did.( for the reputation of the organization)

Lawyers - Nigerian Bar Association( NBA). eg Egbo Egbo in Ngige and Ubas' Anambra.
Accountants - ICAN
Doctors - Nigeria Medical Association.
Actors - Actor giuld of Nigeria(AGN) HOLLYWOOD

@SEUN
With these you will understand that AGN may not be paying her salary, but she had an agreement with them to obey certain rules as long as she wants to remain an actor in Nigeria. Or do you want her to open " actors guild of INI EDO" where she will make her own rules and regulations.

I woder why you guys are making me write so much on this simple issue.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by superman(m): 4:03pm On May 13, 2007
no mind am . that naijaking is makes himself crazy

so much convulotion
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by luvhenry(m): 9:25pm On May 13, 2007
ini was banned because ejike president of actors guild wooed her and she refused
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 14, 2007
@luvhenry,
Listen to yourself.
Even the dumbest human being would not think of punishing her that way if it was all about sex. Nevertheless Ejike Asiegbu doesn't  solely make decisions for AGN.

On the other hand, Ejike is not a saint, but you should try to find out Ejike's kind of person in recent years, especially from the time of his acsension to office.

So guys, stop being sentimental!!!
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by naijaking1: 11:54pm On May 15, 2007
@nuzo
why people 're making u write so much is that u just want to end someone's career with a wave of the hand.
First, we were told she committed a sin, then they said she dressed poorly, then they said she drove off with another guy while her oga- ejike, or whatever his name is wanted a piece of her ass too, now u de convince us say she just broke the AGN guide line. More surprising is that proponents of this ban want us to believe and trust their judgement(she is bad and deserves her punishement).
Well, what ever happened to being innocent until proven guilty? Or is Ini Edo guilty until proven innocent? She definitely wouldn't get justice from people like Ejike and his friends in the AGN who already bear a grudge against her- even Steve Wonder could see that.
Once again, that is why we need due process to be followed. Nothing should be hidden, the accused must be given every opportunity to defend herself, and judgement must be consistent with offense, and documented for the future.
If folks are in already involved in case case, it is only fair to tell this forum, no need to spread your bias.
Personally, I never heard off, dealt with, or even knew anybody who know some one who knows-----, --- the lady. Seen her picture first time on this forum. However, my interest is on the principle, not the personality, is that the case with everyone?

For example, brother nuzo, if u be Ejike Asiegbu or his agent it is ok to say so, and we would work with u. By the last time I checked Ejike was not listed as one of angels, or even a saint.
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by Nobody: 10:17am On May 16, 2007
@naijaking
Abeg, i no be Ejike or AGN agent.
Am just going by what is on ground.
On the other hand, i dont have anything against Ini Edo as a person.
Understand my stands, ok?
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by ATLANTA96(m): 1:32am On May 23, 2007
nobody is above the law
is gene, ramson, rmd, nkem owoh and
other nollywood star can be band
ini too can be band,
everyone has his or her life do live
but my people u can't be missbehave
job u are been paid for.
i really like her and i will miss her face like
other fans.
ini pls calm down and be of ur good
BEHAVOUR
Re: Ini Edo Banned For 1 Year? by nividad(f): 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2008
well i dont think she should be banned she is doin what she knows best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tboss Insults Kemen Over His Kissing Pattern, Looks, In Front Of Housemates / Bbnaija: Avala And Isilomo Begin Their Media Tour After Eviction (Photos) / Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.