Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,926 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo (947 Views)

Kano APC In Disarray, Kwankwasiya Movment To Support Jonathan / Support Jonathan, PDP Begs Obasanjo / Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by AloyEmeka5: 2:31am On Sep 16, 2010
Why Ndigbo should support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo
NewsSep 16, 2010

By Emma Amaize

WARRI — IGBO in Diaspora have urged their kinsmen in Nigeria to work for the success of President Goodluck Jonathan in the 2011 presidential election, saying that he was the only one, given his actions so far, that could facilitate the emergence of a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction in 2015.
The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GEJ, Diaspora Support Group, Europe chapter, in a statement by its chairman and secretary, Chief Lambert Igboanugo and Dr. Christopher Ekwonna respectively, said President Jonathan demonstrated that Igbo could trust him with the appointment of an Igbo army officer as Chief of Army Staff, COAS, after 44 years.

The Igbo in Diaspora said they had resolved to mobilise and give maximum support to President Jonathan during the electioneering period because of the appointment.
According to the group, “the recent appointment of an Igbo army officer as the Chief of Army Staff after a period of 44 years and 40 years after the Nigerian/Biafran war despite the Igbo cry of visible marginalisation by past leaders is a vivid indication of things to come to Nigeria during his government come 2011.
“It is obvious for us to understand that as good campaign strategists, that the Igbo hold over 65 percent aces to who wins the presidential election in 2011. Considering the recent appointment of COAS, it is only Dr Jonathan, who knows the most auspicious time to have Igbo presidency and it can be sooner than anybody thinks.
“The dynamism with which the president has chosen to balance the imbalance in the country is a clear indication of what legacy Jonathan wants to leave behind, be it in the area of resource control, fiscal federalism and infrastructural development in the country.

“The Nigerian professionals in Europe see this as welcome news, particularly, the Igbo in our midst, they are jubilant at the choice of professionalism with a mix of zonal sense of belonging,” the statement said.
In this case, he only, has broken the jinx, and the Igbo in Diaspora have vowed to give him maximum support through their relatives, business, political associates in Nigeria during the electioneering period”, they asserted.
According to them, “The GEJ, Europe has assembled its constituency to welcome President Jonathan’s official declaration to run and the grand manifesto, we have already taken a stand months ago to lend him our support because of his total acceptability in the international community and Nigeria”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/09/16/why-ndigbo-should-support-jonathan-%E2%80%94-diaspora-igbo/
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by saintchux(m): 10:57am On Sep 16, 2010
I don't think that Igbo should support GEJ just because he appoint an Igbo man COAS, no.

Igbo should support GEJ for development of new Nigeria. All the other contestant have disappointed Igbo in one time or the other and they will do it again.

IBB promising Igbo presidency in 2015, with Peter Odili as running, does it mean that peter odili do not like to be president in 2015. Please Igbo should know that IBB started 2nd river niger bridge and did not put even a trip of sand there, but he did 3rd mainland bridge that is 10 times longer than river niger. He hate igbo and igbo should avoid him. There is nothing he did in igboland during his tenure.

What Igbos need now is say and real integration into the main politics.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Kobojunkie: 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2010
Who the frell is Ibo in Disapora? Representing how many ibos?
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by princekevo(m): 2:42pm On Sep 16, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Who the frell is Ibo in Disapora? Representing how many ibos?
Lol!!! internet Ibos, those once maybe 7 t0 10years never visited Nigeria all they can tell you abt Nigeria is from what they read over the internet.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Olaolufred(m): 2:50pm On Sep 16, 2010
The reason Igbo is being maginalized is this-- Betrayal.

Sometimes for Money, sometimes for Kinds and sometimes for pride.

A kingdom divided against itself can not stand.

On this post, Kobojunki has led the opposition.

At the end of 100 posts, there will be no quorum.

That is what other regions keep capitalizing on.

When will this trend change?
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by EzeUche22(m): 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2010
Igbos in the Diaspora. Rubbish!

The average Igbo in the Diaspora was either raised in the Diaspora or have not live in Nigeria for the past 10 years. I came to America 4 years ago for school and I can say the average Nigerian is clueless about what is happening back home.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Olaolufred(m): 3:02pm On Sep 16, 2010
2 for, 3 against.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On Sep 16, 2010
EzeUche22:

Igbos in the Diaspora. Rubbish!

The average Igbo in the Diaspora was either raised in the Diaspora or have not live in Nigeria for the past 10 years. I came to America 4 years ago for school and I can say the average Nigerian is clueless about what is happening back home.

Says one of the most clueless of them all . . . . ROFLMAO!!!

Abegi!!! Many Ibos actually go home and are well in touch with what is going on. Problem is there is this notion by some on here that Ibos are united in some way. Now, I am not in anyway attempting to claim other tribes are even united in anyway.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Dede1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 16, 2010
Olaolufred:

The reason Igbo is being maginalized is this-- Betrayal.

Sometimes for Money, sometimes for Kinds and sometimes for pride.

A kingdom divided against itself can not stand.

On this post, Kobojunki has led the opposition.

At the end of 100 posts, there will be no quorum.

That is what other regions keep capitalizing on.

When will this trend change?

Ndigbos marginalization stems from the defeat of Biafra as a result of Nigeria/Baifra civil war. I am not surprised that a loudmouthed son of backstabber, betrayal artist and inherent coward would have the audacious pedigree to associated Ndigbo with a word such as betray.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Olaolufred(m): 3:34pm On Sep 16, 2010
Dede1,

I am always baffled at your hide and seek game.

Bumps online and hide offline in two minutes.

If an outsider once betray you, must your immediate family continue to betray you in resonance?

Remember, that If you agree together, you will be stronger than be always in diversity.

Said my own. But that is the truth that applies anytime anyday.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by olafolarin(m): 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2010
Olaolufred:

Dede1,

If an outsider once betray you, must your immediate family continue to betray you in resonance?

Remember, that If you agree together, you will be stronger than be always in diversity.

Which outsider betrayed Ndigbo.?

Ndigbo was betrayed by their own Son, and Nobody else,
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by orangemen: 3:51pm On Sep 16, 2010
wether we support jonathan or not, the story is still the same.
after all, since the inception of this jungle called nigeria, all we have been doing was supporting everything we see.
in the real life, every nigerian is afraid of the igbos but i know God will surely do it at the right time.
even all the imbeciles in this country and all the criminals in this country can rule nigeria, wat more an igboman?
my prayer is that igbos will not rule under the demonic occupance of the jail ridden obasanjo.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Olaolufred(m): 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2010
olafolarin:

Which outsider betrayed Ndigbo.?

Ndigbo was betrayed by their own Son, and Nobody else,

I do not know, I am only giving the worst scenario.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Abegi!!! Many Ibos actually go home and are well in touch with what is going on. Problem is there is this notion by some on here that Ibos are united in some way. Now, I am not in anyway attempting to claim other tribes are even united in anyway.  
shocked shocked shocked shocked
KoboJ wicked o! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Olaolufred(m): 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2010
Orangemen,

Don't get me wrong. An Igbo man has the right to rule Nigeria as other ethnic group.

But political movement requires unity, oneness or togetherness.

Whether Nigeria is a jungle or not, It is still your country untill Biafra becomes a success.

Even if you are still behind Biafra, all your leaders and you must still be united to achieve Biafra Nation.

So, whether Nigeria or Biafra, Unity is required both way.

This is where the issue lie.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Metalgong1(m): 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2010
Another amorphous group craving for attention . . . grin
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by sbeezy8: 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2010
of all the tribes in naija igbos are the funniest i swear.

lol- "a vote for jonathan is a vote for igbo president in 2015" LOL

who told them that lmfao? only God knows . . .
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Metalgong1(m): 4:53pm On Sep 16, 2010
sbeezy8:

of all the tribes in naija igbos are the funniest i swear.

lol- "a vote for jonathan is a vote for igbo president in 2015" LOL

who told them that lmfao? only God knows get this from

Please make sense for once!!! shocked shocked
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by EzeUche22(m): 5:07pm On Sep 16, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Do not let the way I carry myself on these threads sometimes be a representative of what I think. . . angry

But that was a nice diss though.

Ileke-IdI:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
KoboJ wicked o! grin grin grin grin grin

Of course you would find satisfaction in this akata.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Dede1(m): 5:08pm On Sep 16, 2010
Olaolufred:

Dede1,

I am a very busy person who navigates to this site when the schedule permits. Within the rims of your capacity to articulate, you consciously formulated the words such as reason, Igbo, marginalized and betrayal. You also stung them up in a sentence to convey your ridiculous thought.

I guess you should be the person to explain to us who has Ndigbo betrayed. While you on it, I would like to remind you that it is the same Ndigbo whom your forbearers, Goodluck Jonathan and IBB teamed up to fight in a war of attrition. When did your partner in crime, northern region politicians and soldiers, become an enemy
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 16, 2010
EzeUche22:

Do not let the way I carry myself on these threads sometimes be a representative of what I think. . .  angry

LOL Why not? What you think, is what you say, is what you act out.
So you too know that [b]way [/b]you carry yourself out abi?

Tani akata? ma je ki n sepe fun e, iwo omo okoro yii, elenu bi werepe. I still luff you tho
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2010
EzeUche22:

Do not let the way I carry myself on these threads sometimes be a representative of what I think. . . angry

It is not necessarily about the way you carry yourself but your posts reveal that you are not in touch with the true condition of life and things in Ibo land. I lived there and interacted with people, mostly the old and what you post on here they wander where you get from on the most part. These claimed ideas of a united iboland or anything of the sort are not reality of the common man down there and really unrealistic. You have to understand this is the same situation you find in Yorubaland and hausaland. People are not united in the way you claim on here and so fantasies of people eventually coming together to do one thing or another are just that, fantasies. I personally think people need to GIVE UP on these ideas of groups holding hands and doing things together. Nigeria is a nation of individuals trying to survive as individuals and it is not necessarily a bad thing.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by EzeUche22(m): 5:23pm On Sep 16, 2010
Kobojunkie:

It is not necessarily about the way you carry yourself but your posts reveal that you are not in touch with the true condition of life and things in Ibo land. I lived there and interacted with people, mostly the old and what you post on here they wander where you get from on the most part. These claimed ideas of a united iboland or anything of the sort are not the reality of the common man down there. And you immediately understand this is the same in Yoruba land or hausaland. People are not united in the way you claim on here and so fantasies of people eventually coming together to do one thing or another are just that, fantasies.

I am nwa afor Igbo. I am very much in touch with sentiment on the ground since my parents and my siblings reside in Nigeria. Plus, I travel back to Port Harcourt two times during the year.

The common man in Alaigbo will listen to what his kinsmen in high position say. That is how it is. If your village leaders say vote for this man, they will vote for that man. Anything that would prove beneficial to the community, the people will vote for.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2010
EzeUche22:

I am nwa afor Igbo. I am very much in touch with sentiment on the ground since my parents and my siblings reside in Nigeria. Plus, I travel back to Port Harcourt two times during the year.
Sigh! You do know it is also possible to live 100% in Iboland and still be ignorant to what is happening in Iboland? If you question it, go to aba and ask how come the "leaders" still get the simplest things wrong year after year after year. You step in that town and you IMMEDIATELY realize that there is an Obvious DISCONNECT between the people whoever they have in Charge.
This is the story of Nigeria as a whole!

EzeUche22:

The common man in Alaigbo will listen to what his kinsmen in high position say. That is how it is. If your village leaders say vote for this man, they will vote for that man. Anything that would prove beneficial to the community, the people will vote for.
That is the FIRST LIE! That is not true. It has never really been the case that persons have been recorded to FAIRLY carry any single community just because. Maybe in his own village, people who have benefitted from him would probably do that but normally, if you do not do for your own, they will likely ignore you. I know this for a fact cause it happened back when I lived fulltime in Iboland. A particular politician tried to buy the votes in his own village but at the end did not even carry his village.

Ibos are human beings with brains and they, like many other groups out there, think as individuals as well. There is no ONE MINDSET existence . . . please stop selling that falsehood as it is doing the people's image more harm than good.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 16, 2010
Ndigbos marginalization stems from the defeat of Biafra as a result of Nigeria/Baifra civil war. I am not surprised that a loudmouthed son of backstabber, betrayal artist and inherent coward would have the audacious pedigree to associated Ndigbo with a word such as betray.

Dede1.

Dont you think you are getting too old for this kind of hatred that is killing you every minute.? angry angry

Hope your children will never meet you with this horrible piece of shyte you call mind.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by debosky(m): 6:25pm On Sep 16, 2010
Another paid (or hoping to be paid) group of rabble-rousing thieves seeking to profit from Goodluck's campaign to be president.

I think I better go and form my organisation ASAP so I can get in on the action!! grin
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by EzeUche22(m): 6:29pm On Sep 16, 2010
debosky:

Another paid (or hoping to be paid) group of rabble-rousing thieves seeking to profit from Goodluck's campaign to be president.

I think I better go and form my organisation ASAP so I can get in on the action!! grin

Gbam!

I want my piece of the action. I never even heard of this group and I am an Igbo in the Diaspora.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by onemopol: 6:42pm On Sep 16, 2010
Ndigbo una gra gra self don too much . . . . . . . If you want to support IBB then go ahead. no wahala .
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by AloyEmeka5: 2:50am On Sep 17, 2010
Dede is running his mouth wide since tpia retired from tribalism. When tpia was an active tribalist, Dede used to hide his head whenever she unleash her tribal nukes.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by Dede1(m): 3:37am On Sep 17, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Dede is running his mouth wide since tpia retired from tribalism. When tpia was an active tribalist, Dede used to hide his head whenever she unleash her tribal nukes.

Fictitious rumors, innuendos and tribal baiting are not my stock of trade. However, I shall engage anybody on the issues of recorded events as they pertain from the era of Protectorates, Independence and Nigeria/Biafra civil war. I think lady Tpia knows my record too well on this board. While at it, I have no intention to hold back the truth.
Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by babapupa: 4:55am On Sep 17, 2010
I thought Ndigbo don collect their allocation from IBB, lol

Re: Why Ndigbo Should Support Jonathan — Diaspora Igbo by AloyEmeka5: 5:59am On Sep 17, 2010
Rented crowd!

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Disgrace Black Man And Nigeria / A-ibom Speaker’s Father Kidnapped,akwa-ibom State The New Aba. / The Future Nigerian Billionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.