Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,743 members, 7,831,371 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary (69090 Views)

How Much Does Ecobank Pay Their Staff? / SEPLAT To Lay Off 80% Of Their Staff. Remaining 20% To Take A 70% Pay Cut / Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by sisisioge: 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2019
truthsayer009:

Before nko? If I am earning 400k & my babe is earning 1.5M, Shey I dom kee person?? I no dey Jobless na, my Career dey on-point.

Abeg, If my babe no dey work for Oil Company I no go marry oh, Lagos is very hard now

grin grin grin grin
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by MicroBox: 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2019
Many atimes people don't understand that there is a path and plan ways for landing this jobs.
Not just your 1st degree or even MSC but planning and following the right path.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by DICKstractor: 5:53pm On Apr 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

Oga get the right certifications and u would get a job
Good day sir, apart from the normal degree... What other certification is needed
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by DICKstractor: 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
couragemurphy:

Bro, you have done well trying to encourage them and also saying the truth. But you will see that comments like yours attract little or no likes. But if you are pessimistic as many of them are, you will see them liking your comments.

Through this social media I have come to see why only few people are making it in Nigeria while majority are poor and jobless.

If you don't believe you can get job on merit and work towards it. Definitely you will not get it. The other day I was convincing and encouraging some of them here to apply for the last NNPC job openings. Many were discouraging themselves saying they have already selected people they need for the job through backdoors.

Most Nigerians like believing the bad news but always doubting GOODNEWS. God will deliver them when they are ready
Good day sir, please can you mentor me. On things like this...

2 Likes

Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Miner13: 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

Iwe ,cswipe iwi this are only for my feild much engr there are more

The first question u should ask is what can i offer this company what can u do

I studied much engr ...had everything to work in an oil company ...before dropping it ...my bro worked in nigeria , iraq , Iran , saudi and now usa . ..its easy to get in

But like most nigerians laziness is the problem

Ur degree is only a platform. To build ...when u present an open platform no body takes u serious
In swahili... but like seriously i do not understand you
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
planetx:
Probably a typo, I think he meant 188 thousand.

So a beginner earns $188k *360 = 68 million naira in nigeria?.

Wonderful!
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by peeps4u: 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2019
maybachmusic:
grin grin grin

you wan give jobseekers sleepless night abi

wicked op

anyway i will choose my hustle over these anytime anyday cool
This is $50+ profit with just 5 trades. Doing this daily will earn you about $1000 in a month.

Don't forget, you increase your stakes as your account grow fatter.

Good luck bro in your binary from a fellow binary trader.
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 22, 2019
DICKstractor:

Good day sir, please can you mentor me. On things like this...

well noted bro
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
PeacenLove2:

Believe me, I know how this thing works. But standard outsourcing companies according to even our local laws must have Group life insurance and must be able to pay off workers or their family in the event of accident or death. They must pay pension and remit taxes on your behalf. An outsourcing company that isn't doing this should be investigated and reported to the APPROPRIATE authorities. Those who work offshore get paid extra from Shift/Field Allowances among others depending on the contract terms.

I'm not saying it is fair being paid lesser than your worth or what you think you are worth, welcome to the real world, bro! A lot of underemployed people in the system, they don't like it but it is what it is.

Yes, many outsourcing companies are so greedy, they can only be deemed to be motivated by the devil himself. Perhaps, if we had laws that can check these people. And llike you said, laws that can protect employees from being under contract for a period not more than 6 months cos lack of job security is pure torture. Perhaps, if our Unions can speak with one voice and stand their grounds no matter what. We do have a long way to go. People who have bills to pay will take any job available out there, screw the terms as long it's paying. We are vulnerable that way and we need laws to protect us.

With the current positon of things, it is unfair the pay disparity between full staff and contract staff of a given Oil Major but compared to other sectors like I said and a poverty stricken country that we live in, the compensation is not so bad.

If you have an outstanding talent that you feel is not being appreciated as a contract worker, I will advise that you resign and start your own consulting business. Believe me they will be looking for you if you are really worth your salt. That industry is in constant need of able hands, people with real talents. Just use your time as a contact worker there to grow and make the right connections.

seconded....
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Agvibrancy: 10:50pm On Apr 22, 2019
couragemurphy:

Well not too sure of their pay at present. But during my IT in 2008 with a marginal ("local' ) or indigenous oil company PPL in Delta state. It was up to 100k.

For multinationals their pay is very good, up to 300k if not direct staff. But for direct staff, it will be far far better.

Marginal oil firms are actually paying well now, I mean oil producing companies and not servicing companies.

You can follow up the listed indigenous companies below for job opportunities in your field.

Belema oil,
Platform Petroleum Ltd
Newcross,
Panocean,
Pilar oil,
Midwestern oil n gas,
Seplat, etc
Thanks for replying man

1 Like

Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by DICKstractor: 11:03pm On Apr 22, 2019
couragemurphy:

well noted bro
I'll be very grateful if you assist me.. Although I'm still an undergraduate studying chemical engineering... I want to know about all these things so that I can set my career path right...
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 22, 2019
DICKstractor:

I'll be very grateful if you assist me.. Although I'm still an undergraduate studying chemical engineering... I want to know about all these things so that I can set my career path right...

Nice, this is the best time to start planning.
1. First thing is, don't settle for anything less than 2nd class upper or upper credit. Because most multinationals don't shortlist candidates with any grade lower than the above.
2. You can create unsolicited accounts with the companies while still in school so you can be receiving messages directly from them when there are openings..
3. Whenever you want to apply, always stick strictly to the instructions provided by the companies regarding your CV preparations. Different companies with different formats.
4. Always apply early
5. Keep in touch with people and friends that can give you quick info about openings
6. Remember your CV is your first impression
7. Prepare yourself with any available past aptitude test questions of the company if available whenever you are invited
8. You must not wait until your result is out before you start applying for jobs. If you know you like 1year left, start applying for any opening.
9. etc for now......

Less I forget, your moniker doesn't suit your personality. Trivial things like this can also speak more or give false impression about you. I almost didn't want to respond to you going by your moniker. But from your comments I felt it could be an oversight on your part. Peace!!
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by DICKstractor: 7:44am On Apr 23, 2019
couragemurphy:

Nice, this is the best time to start planning.
1. First thing is, don't settle for anything less than 2nd class upper or upper credit. Because most multinationals don't shortlist candidates with any grade lower than the above.
2. You can create unsolicited accounts with the companies while still in school so you can be receiving messages directly from them when there are openings..
3. Whenever you want to apply, always stick strictly to the instructions provided by the companies regarding your CV preparations. Different companies with different formats.
4. Always apply early
5. Keep in touch with people and friends that can give you quick info about openings
6. Remember your CV is your first impression
7. Prepare yourself with any available past aptitude test questions of the company if available whenever you are invited
8. You must not wait until your result is out before you start applying for jobs. If you know you like 1year left, start applying for any opening.
9. etc for now......

Less I forget, your moniker doesn't suit your personality. Trivial things like this can also speak more or give false impression about you. I almost didn't want to respond to you going by your moniker. But from your comments I felt it could be an oversight on your part. Peace!!

Thank you sir... I'm always tempted to ask, apart from my degree, what other certification will make my CV outstanding as a chemical engineer.... And how can I create unsolicited accounts.... Sorry to bother you this much...
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Nostradamus: 3:44pm On Apr 23, 2019
Wrong figures mr.o.p. you're totally wrong bro cool
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Avast(m): 6:50am On Apr 25, 2019
couragemurphy:

ExxonMobil is currently recruiting....

Total E&P recruitment for this year is still in progress.... but they have already shortlisted candidates for 1st phase assessment before aptitude test.

ExxonMobil is still receiving applications, you can try again bro and I wish you the very best of luck. David said if he falls 7 times, he will get up 7 times. Determination is one key to greatness

Bro, I was shortlisted for the assessment. please can you help with any information on what all the interview process entails. Please
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 25, 2019
Avast:

Bro, I was shortlisted for the assessment. please can you help with any information on what all the interview process entails. Please

Which one, Total E&P or ExxonMobil?
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Avast(m): 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
couragemurphy:

Which one, Total E&P or ExxonMobil?
Total sir
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
Avast:

Total sir

Ok. Congrats for the 1st step.

The recruitment pattern has been changing for some time now. For the last recruitment b4 this, the process was
1. Aptitude test first..... comprises of Numerical(maths), Verbal(English), Abstract reasoning (flowchart/colour code)

Those successful in stage one proceeded to stage 2
2. Technical Test.....this is CBT (computer based test). Technical questions relating to the job are asked here.

Successful candidates to......
3. Interview..... this is one on one interview

After this stage is...
4. Medicals.... medical assessment in company's clinic.
5. Successful candidates are taken for the Training program: theirs was directly on the job (OJT). This years is most like be in a Training school 1st before successful candidates will proceed to field for OJT
6. After training and you are successful = full staff of TEPNG.

So for this current recruitment...... the difference is that the shortlisted candidates will first go for Assessment. If successful before proceeding to stage 1 above and the rest.
This Assessment before Aptitude test is actually happening for the first time so I wouldn't know what it will look like. But I believe it will probably be just to verify credentials and other minor stuffs.

Goodluck
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
DICKstractor:

Thank you sir... I'm always tempted to ask, apart from my degree, what other certification will make my CV outstanding as a chemical engineer.... And how can I create unsolicited accounts.... Sorry to bother you this much...

For now, as an undergraduate, you just need to finish with good grades and IOCs recruit freshers as Trainees without any other requirements. Except you are applying as experienced applicant then you need some other certifications.

So my advice for you is to concentrate on the 1st thing 1st.
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Avast(m): 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2019
couragemurphy:

The recruitment pattern has been changing for some time now. For the last recruitment b4 this, the process was
1. Aptitude test first..... comprises of Numerical(maths), Verbal(English), Abstract reasoning (flowchart/colour code)

2. Technical Test.....this is CBT (computer based test). Technical questions relating to the job are asked here.

After this stage is...
5. Successful candidates are taken for the Training program: theirs was directly on the job (OJT). This years is most like be in a Training school 1st before successful candidates will proceed to field for OJT

So for this current recruitment...... the difference is that the shortlisted candidates will first go for Assessment. If successful before proceeding to stage 1 above and the rest.
This Assessment before Aptitude test is actually happening for the first time so I wouldn't know what it will look like. But I believe it will probably be just to verify credentials and other minor stuffs.

Goodluck
Thank you so much.
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by DICKstractor: 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2019
couragemurphy:

For now, as a fresh graduate, you just need to finish with good grades and IOCs recruit freshers as Trainees without any other requirements. Except you are applying as experienced applicant then you need some other certifications.

So my advice for you is to concentrate on the 1st thing 1st.
Thanks very much... I really appreciate your replies... It means a lot to me
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Avast(m): 2:08pm On Apr 27, 2019
couragemurphy:

After this stage is...

Goodluck
The assessment consists of physics and chemistry. Hoping to receive congratulations message from TOTAL for the next stage.
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 27, 2019
Avast:

The assessment consists of physics and chemistry. Hoping to receive congratulations message from TOTAL for the next stage.

Ok. That's good. I wish you goodluck.
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Nostradamus: 7:59pm On May 07, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
https://www.mysalaryscale.com/blog/salary-shell-total-mobil-schlumberger-chevron-nlng/

/

I could be wrong.

But I doubt oil companies will pay Nigerian workers higher than their counterparts in US. Even the ultimate Wall Street doesn't pay this much. The data is bogus. Perhaps, the OP doesn't know the meaning of "entry level"
So Total has maxed out entry level salary at $33k while Conoco is $99k. grin grin grin
/
Job openings: Try your luck

https://www.myjobmag.com/jobs-by-industry/oil-and-gas
please i don't understand this statement "total has maxed out entry level at $33k" kindly explain more sir.
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by klevotino: 6:42pm On May 16, 2019
Pls send me the link for mobil vancancy , thanks in anticipation
Sayboy:
I agree with you,

I have been called for aptitude test by Mobil, Schlumberger but people will keep saying it's scam!

I am waiting for them to roll out application this year, I know I didn't prepare enough for the tests that's why I missed out.

Hint: My CV was really loaded sha, I just packed everything I have done relating to what these companies do.

Be saying you cant enter IoC without connection so gbo, is that not how people told you it's hard to enter UI, Unilag, OAU dem?

Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by IzzyyUnique: 8:29am On May 20, 2019
DICKstractor:

Grins! Am also a chemical engineering student. 200l. . .
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by easzyone: 10:11pm On Oct 06, 2021
Please who knows how much first hydrocarbon Nigeria pays ?
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Tradeexport: 9:56pm On Oct 07, 2021
learn mini exportation business and export Nigerian food items to Europe, UK, USA, CANADA, DUBIA, INDIA, ETC.. follow the link to join a free online class and get information that is worth over #250.000
Don't wait learn and become a professional mini exportation trade and export Nigerian food items to your friends,families and people all over the world ..Whatsapp 07046255027 to join the free class via the number or follow the link to join ... See you in class

Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Karlifate: 12:55pm On Dec 04, 2023
nwimo22:
which certificate are you talking about? Certificate from God?

LMAO! grin grin
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Karlifate: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2023
TroubleMaker47:
So Addax pays minimum of $108,000 (#38.8million) salary!
Bloggers and their disgusting lies!
And mods would just rush to push any junk to FP! angry

I dont understand entry level.
You mean a fresh graduate employee gets a salary of 7m per annum?

LMAO! grin grin grin
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Karlifate: 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2023

Before nko? If I am earning 400k & my babe is earning 1.5M, Shey I dom kee person?? I no dey Jobless na, my Career dey on-point.

Abeg, If my babe no dey work for Oil Company I no go marry oh, Lagos is very hard now

LMAO! 🤣🤣
Re: Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary by Karlifate: 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2023
Maket:
A 419 I am currently chatting with told me to pay 500k to get the job.
He as a senior officer is receiving 3milla every month.
If I pay the money I will be placed on 2milla per month.
Should I pay the money?

You later pay abi you no pay cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria / Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria? / UBA Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does UBA Pay Their Staff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.