Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,146 members, 7,849,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:03 AM

How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? - Events (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? (72862 Views)

Nigerian Couple Spend N3.5m On Cake Designed Like Car For Their Wedding / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? / Your Greatest Sales Item. How Much Did You Save? Deals, Steals Or Ripp-offs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Mac12(f): 8:33am On Apr 24, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Should I come with N13,500? wink

Lol, I'm already married
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Mac12(f): 8:33am On Apr 24, 2019
yesloaded:

if no be sey u be military now, I for ask you if you be single & submit my application instanta but bloody civilian should keep off military zone

That's my sister In law
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Mac12(f): 8:34am On Apr 24, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Which part of igbo

Anambra
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Mac12(f): 8:35am On Apr 24, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
You be soldier?

Nooo, that's my in law
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Vulcanheph(m): 8:42am On Apr 24, 2019
OVA200:
Am not married but I won't exceed my budget of 500K
Call me poor if you want to. Wifey will eat after wedding.
True talk bro, it's not a must that you have to spend extravagantly for a wedding.
That's why I always love the way things are done in the western world.....
A few family and friends
A place for the wedding (it doesn't necessarily have to be a church)
A nice spot for the reception.
And wedding is ready.
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 24, 2019
darkelf:

So, 1million is now quietness and simplicity?

Sister, I will advise you that you should aim for not more than 400K max.
Quiet but classic cool
I actually said 1m tops,might nt spend upto that
It's gonna be my wedding, and 1m won't be too much at dat time
There is man close to my shop,he said he spent more dan 7m on his wedding which was 8 years ago,8 years ago when things were cheaper,he said that was all he was having in his account then,imagine the rubbish!
He jst bought his first car like 6 months ago,after 8yrs of marriage,he was jst able to afford a car,a second hand car for that matter,if he had invested that 7m then, he would be in millions now..some people don't jst think,they jst want to follow the trend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by hagjay(m): 8:47am On Apr 24, 2019
daddytime:

I get four of my esan sisters wey never marry...lol

Submit your cv first..

Lol
Bro
Link me up na
I'm interested
Josephhaggaii@gmail.com
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by vision2050: 8:49am On Apr 24, 2019
I spent 450k- 600k last year. Successful wedding and a blessed marriage with a kid and promotion at work. Don't impress anybody if you don't want to beg for food after wedding. That amount I spent is on the high side to my liking, but wifey insist on church wedding, left to me na registry sure pass.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by daddytime(m): 8:51am On Apr 24, 2019
hagjay:

Lol
Bro
Link me up na
I'm interested
Josephhaggaii@gmail.com

That won't be a stress, if una click na una luck.lol
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by yesloaded: 8:56am On Apr 24, 2019
Mac12:

That's my sister In law
That's great!
oya lemme dm you abi u are taken?

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by damose12(m): 9:10am On Apr 24, 2019
It all depends on your pocket, plan according to what you have. Some can spend 10million while another will spend 300K and both will be satisfied. One should also know the tradition of the bride people because some tribes has already made list which you cannot escape from

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by BillgatesMaigad(m): 9:14am On Apr 24, 2019
quincyshakur:
because My money long pass third main land bridge cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Run am nah
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by OILOFGLADNESS: 9:25am On Apr 24, 2019
ValCon888:
Bride price of 10k?
She's certainly not an igbo girl.

*make una no flog me cane o.*

YOU TALK RUBBISH!!!!

what do you know.

people just perceived NON-sense and bring it to public.

BRIDE PRICE HAVE NO FIX AMOUNT, IT IS BASED ON THE FAMILY!!!! adn how much the man could afford.

Never in igbo land would ani family tell you the amount to pay.

ITS LEFT FOR YOU TO GIVE ACCORDING TO WHAT YOU HAVE, IF ITS TOO SMALL THEY CAN ASK YOU TO ADD, LIKE IN MY OWN, MY DAD HAD TO GIVE BACK SOME MONEY TO THEM , AT THE END WHAT WAS COLLECTED WASN'T UPTO 5K
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by sconp: 9:27am On Apr 24, 2019
dyydxx:
Please help me scrutinise this bill. I have been looking for where to reduce but for now i still dont know. wedding is slated for aug 10 and i have already done introduction. We are expecting 300 guests and it is happening in Ijebu Ode. Both the traditional and white wedding will happen the same day in the same event hall plus the reception. everything in one place.

Grand Hall Inn G.R.A Ijebu Ode (300 Capacity) 300,000
Decorations 150,000
Wedding Cake 60,000
Photography& Videography 120,000
All Bridal Wares(Wedding Gown, Makeup, Aso oke, Jewelleries, shoes etc) 150,000
All Groom Wares(Suits, Aso Oke, Shoes, Jewelleries,Cuff links) 100,000
Wedding Rings 40,000
Music/DJ 40,000
MC 40,000
Food (1000 per guest) 300,000
Drinks (200 per guest) 60,000
Invitation Cards 40,000
Souvenirs 60,000
Miscellaneous 50,000

This is 1.5m budget. I'm looking for how it can be N1m but the event planner is saying i'm not serious at all. the whole thing is just tiring. He said's this is a standard wedding budget. Anything less wont be classy at all.

Try to negotiate the hall further 300k seems on the high side.
Beat down the price for decoration, you should be able to get it cheaper.
Also bridal and groom wares can be cut down abit.

Make me present for your wedding by God's grace.
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by myk2mic: 9:29am On Apr 24, 2019
Mac12:

I am an igbo girl, my sister's husband brought 50k as the bride price but my dad took 15k and returned the rest to him...

Babe r u in the armed forces, u really look beautiful in ur uniform. U shld be the face of ur force lol.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by 2kurupt(m): 9:44am On Apr 24, 2019
agarawu23:

Miser? U must be joking. So anybody who can't spend foolishly like you guys is now a miser
So being frugal with your spending automatically makes you wise? You do know your own cost saving expenses can still be extravagant in another person's eyes right?

Do you know if the person's net worth is commensurate with the spending which might seem extravagant to you?

It's quite convenient to point fingers at others
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Mylovelife: 9:48am On Apr 24, 2019
dyydxx:
Please help me scrutinise this bill. I have been looking for where to reduce but for now i still dont know. wedding is slated for aug 10 and i have already done introduction. We are expecting 300 guests and it is happening in Ijebu Ode. Both the traditional and white wedding will happen the same day in the same event hall plus the reception. everything in one place.

Grand Hall Inn G.R.A Ijebu Ode (300 Capacity) 300,000
Decorations 150,000
Wedding Cake 60,000
Photography& Videography 120,000
All Bridal Wares(Wedding Gown, Makeup, Aso oke, Jewelleries, shoes etc) 150,000
All Groom Wares(Suits, Aso Oke, Shoes, Jewelleries,Cuff links) 100,000
Wedding Rings 40,000
Music/DJ 40,000
MC 40,000
Food (1000 per guest) 300,000
Drinks (200 per guest) 60,000
Invitation Cards 40,000
Souvenirs 60,000
Miscellaneous 50,000

This is 1.5m budget. I'm looking for how it can be N1m but the event planner is saying i'm not serious at all. the whole thing is just tiring. He said's this is a standard wedding budget. Anything less wont be classy at all.

Remove souvenirs
Look for cheaper MC and DJ
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by ValCon888: 9:50am On Apr 24, 2019
OILOFGLADNESS:

[s]YOU TALK RUBBISH!!!!

what do you know.

BRIDE PRICE HAVE NO FIX AMOUNT, IT IS BASED ON THE FAMILY!!!! adn how much the man could afford.

ITS LEFT FOR YOU TO GIVE ACCORDING TO WHAT YOU HAVE, IF ITS TOO SMALL THEY CAN ASK YOU TO ADD, LIKE IN MY OWN, MY DAD HAD TO GIVE BACK SOME MONEY TO THEM , AT THE END WHAT WAS COLLECTED WASN'T UPTO 5K[/s]
Everyone that has quoted me on this topic has been respectful. Except you. Why is your own different? Do you lack the ability to hold a decent conversation in public?
And you are a married woman. Smh.
Oilofgladness. More like poisonofbitterness.
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by ValCon888: 9:50am On Apr 24, 2019
OILOFGLADNESS:

[s]YOU TALK RUBBISH!!!!

what do you know.

ITS LEFT FOR YOU TO GIVE ACCORDING TO WHAT YOU HAVE, IF ITS TOO SMALL THEY CAN ASK YOU TO ADD, LIKE IN MY OWN, MY DAD HAD TO GIVE BACK SOME MONEY TO THEM , AT THE END WHAT WAS COLLECTED WASN'T UPTO 5K[/s]
Everyone who has quoted me on this topic has been respectful. Except you. Why is your own different? Do you lack the ability to hold a decent conversation in public?
And you are a married woman. Smh.
Oilofgladness. More like poisonofbitterness.
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by 2kurupt(m): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2019
Vulcanheph:

True talk bro, it's not a must that you have to spend extravagantly for a wedding.
That's why I always love the way things are done in the western world.....
A few family and friends
A place for the wedding (it doesn't necessarily have to be a church)
A nice spot for the reception.
And wedding is ready.

Who told you weddings in the western world come cheap? It's not by the small gathering of persons but the quality of services & items bought you know.

Do what suits you individually and you'll be just fine, we can't all be the same
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by munas: 10:22am On Apr 24, 2019
SilentListener:
You spend two million just to mary one yeye girl, let me ask you something, your wife is she a Virgin before you marry her?

You are an IDIOT
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by toluwalopsy(f): 10:35am On Apr 24, 2019
obamartins:
I just stumbled on my marriage note where I wrote down all my expenses while I prepared for my marriage and decided to share. This topic is to guide those planning for their wedding on how much on the average they should budget for their marriage. Although the amount you will spend depends on what you want and the tribe/family you are marrying into. I actually budgeted N1,200,000 (1.2 million) but ended up spending close to 2million.

I got married November 2018 to my beautiful esan girlfriend of 4 years. Here is the breakdown:

Pre-wedding
1. Lab test for HIV, Genotype and pregnancy (as instructed by the church) - N5000
2. Transportation to take her to see my parents - N10,000
3. Ring 18 karat gold (engagement, and wedding rings) - N75,000 (from aboki)
4. Wedding certificate - N4000
5. Wedding seminar organized by my church - N4000

Federal Registry:
1. Affidavit for spinsterhood and bachelorhood-N2000
2. Main fee - N34,000

Traditional marriage
1. Drinks - N140,000
2. Yams - N40,000
3. Salt - N4,000
4. Bride price - N10,000
5. Make up - N20,000
6. Food - N200,000
7. Transportation - N20,000
8. Photograph - N6000
9. Canopy - N6000
10. Palmwine - N2000
11. Palm oil - N12,000
12. Native kola - N3000
13. Introduction - N12,000 (did introduction same day as traditional marriage)
I love esan marriage, they don't put hole in one's pocket

White Wedding
1. Drinks and food - N300,000
2. Reception hall - N105,000 (a Catholic church event hall)
3. Decoration - N50,000
4. DJ plus MC - N35,000
5. Guest house accommodation for my parents - N15,000
6. Souvenir 100 unit (Jotter, bag and notebooks) - N93,000
7. Photographer - N20,000 (soft copies)
8. Video coverage - (Hmmmm! Money no reach)
9. My wife's wedding gown - N35,000 (rent)
10. Me and my bestman's shirt and suit - N36,000
11. My wife's makeup and accessories - N50,000
12. Hotel room for after wedding panpangolo - N18,000 for 2 nites
13. My shoe - N2,000 (it's a long story)
14. Cake (4 steps) - N15,000 (my wife baked it if not e for pass that amount)
15. Transportation for my parents back home - N10,000

This are the little I could remember, I will update as soon as I get them. It was supposed to be a budget marriage but I spent close to N2,000,000 despite cutting off as much expenses as permitted. What was ur marriage budget? Did you stick to your budget or did some unforseen expenses prop up? Please share for the benefit of those planning theirs.

Had my wedding in April 2018.All I spent did not reach 800k. Hubby budgeted 300k while I budgeted 200k. Someone paid for the hall while food and drinks were catered for by parents. All other expenses were borne by the couple. Believe you me there was more than enough to eat. It all depends on how well one can manage money.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Acidosis(m): 10:45am On Apr 24, 2019
ednut1:
bros i have stopped borrowing my marrie friends money. They rarely pay back because bills too much. Some parents self no dey try i was looking for 2m to do one sharp business my parents no gree gimme lol. Bt they are ready to spons wedding. Imagine

You're very correct, not just married friends, it includes married neighbours. For 4 months now, one has been unable to pay back a 20k loan. Within the 4 month period, man got himself a car, a dog, even bicycle for his kids.
I nearly went crazy the day I saw the dog.

The notion a married man has towards a single neighbour or friend is crazy. He probably thought I am irresponsible and have no responsibility (wetin I wan use money do?). I have sworn to use my brain moving forward. When they come for loan for school fees, tell them you're investing for your future kids. You can open a saver's account for this purpose.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Aquariann: 11:00am On Apr 24, 2019
MPESA:

Bro you ain't making any sense, all I see here is HATE for certain tribe BTW it's their culture and tradition so if you can't deal with it then you forget it.... No body dhey bill you 1M for Igbo land not even in IMO State...

Nobody hates you guys.. Tufia. Your own complex issues are inborn. Throughout the thread you've been struggling to show your tribe is hated. And yes, nobody complains about the bride price but the list.

So Oga, deal with your insecurities
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Mac12(f): 11:13am On Apr 24, 2019
yesloaded:

That's great!

oya lemme dm you abi u are taken?

Married
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by yesloaded: 11:17am On Apr 24, 2019
Mac12:

Married
Chineke
Bye grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by vanessakhay: 11:24am On Apr 24, 2019
quincyshakur:
E small nah My kid Bro spent 9.5M an u are here blabbing cos of ordinary 2m angry angry angry angry angry

You! what did you spend on yours. are you, your younger bro?
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by Mac12(f): 11:25am On Apr 24, 2019
yesloaded:

Chineke

Bye grin

LOL

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by emyrald91(m): 11:39am On Apr 24, 2019
obamartins:

She is Esan, in Edo state. Ekpoma to be specific. Even my parent shock seff. I gave them 20k they returned 10k. They said I should use it to take care of their daughter.

I am Igbo, from Enugu State, In my town, Bride Price can't be more than 10k. In fact in my own settlement, most kindred do not take more than 200 Naira as bride price. I mean 200 Naira.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by tellwisdom: 11:41am On Apr 24, 2019
sweetrace:

The most recognized is the registry wedding.

Traditional remains the one and only legal marriage for Nigeria as a local. No more, no less.
Re: How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? by citadels(f): 11:52am On Apr 24, 2019
U just wasted money dear

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Congolese Man Marries Triplet Sisters Same Day In Colourful Wedding Ceremony / Nigerian Man Marries White Woman, Rock Igbo Attire (Photos) / The Pool Party That Got Many People Wasted(wet Wild 'n' Wasted By Dj Val)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.