Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity (14677 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen / Pictures Of Fulani Occupation And Destruction Of Agatu Land...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by kavey10(m): 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
laudate:

Hi, sure what do you want to know? cheesy

Am not in the laundry business though... I have only seen washing and drying machines, that are powered by cooking gas in some of the laundry outlets in Lagos. If you like, I can post their details here so that you can visit them and inspect their machines. smiley

I would love to get the address of the laundry outlets! Thank you so much. I have a project I'm working on and coincidentally, I saw your post on here and immediately got a brainwave! The idea is innovative and green.

Thanks once again. I'll be looking forward to the details, laudate...
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by macof(m): 12:00am On Oct 07, 2014
laudate:

Sorry to disappoint you...but I have been to Ilorin, countless times. I even lived there for a while. Do you want me to tell you the area?

Gambari or Saraki does not have to tell me anything. I know the history of Ilorin.

Your story about Afonja inviting Alimi, is still a story found in the realm of fables and tales by moonlight. Go and do some actual research, so you can get the facts...

Well u are a novice in Yoruba history. You most certainly aren't Yoruba not to know ilorin history

keep waiting for internet age history grin

You have been a waste of time
Bye!

1 Like

Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by laudate: 12:03am On Oct 07, 2014
macof:

Well u are a novice in Yoruba history. You most certainly aren't Yoruba not to know ilorin history

keep waiting for internet age history grin

You have been a waste of time
Bye!

Hehehe....! grin Just admit it - you don't have the facts. Continue swallowing all the tales by moonlight that you were fed as a kid.

Run along, it is way past your bedtime.. wink
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by macof(m): 12:07am On Oct 07, 2014
laudate:

Hehehe....! grin Just admit it - you don't have the facts. Continue swallowing all the tales by moonlight that you were fed as a kid.

Run along, it is way past your bedtime.. wink

I've told u if u only accept internet as fact in Yoruba history then you don't know what qualifies as fact

The purest of yoruba history is told orally never by internet
So I leave you to ur gross ignorance
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by laudate: 12:14am On Oct 07, 2014
macof:

I've told u if u only accept internet as fact in Yoruba history then you don't know what qualifies as fact

The purest of yoruba history is told orally never by internet
So I leave you to ur gross ignorance

Kai! The money spent on your education was wasted! For your information, Yoruba history has been researched thoroughly and documented several times over, by various scholars - both local and foreign.

Why not just go to the library, check the history section and get good books that would enlighten your mind?

Ehm...should I recommend hardback editions dealing with Yoruba history for you? Or are you mature enough to find the books on your own? wink
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by macof(m): 12:39am On Oct 07, 2014
laudate:

Kai! The money spent on your education was wasted! For your information, Yoruba history has been researched thoroughly and documented several times over, by various scholars - both local and foreign.

Why not just go to the library, check the history section and get good books that would enlighten your mind?

Ehm...should I recommend hardback editions dealing with Yoruba history for you? Or are you mature enough to find the books on your own? wink

Education u say? is it u who has education?...an uneducated olosi like u who is looking for internet age 18th century history grin grin
Wat Yoruba history did u get From ur education by various scholars?
That oduduwa is an Arab who trekked from Mecca in the 7th century grin
You are a complete nuisance who doesn't want to take correction

I don't blame u as much as I blame the Nigerian kolo mentality that strives to destroy the heritage, thousands of years running
If only history was appreciated by the Nigerian society and Yorubas of this generation

Internet age history grin grin
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by laudate: 12:58am On Oct 07, 2014
macof:

Education u say? is it u who has education?...an uneducated olosi like u who is looking for internet age 18th century history grin grin
Wat Yoruba history did u get From ur education by various scholars?
That oduduwa is an Arab who trekked from Mecca in the 7th century grin
You are a complete nuisance who doesn't want to take correction

I don't blame u as much as I blame the Nigerian kolo mentality that strives to destroy the heritage, thousands of years running
If only history was appreciated by the Nigerian society and Yorubas of this generation

Internet age history grin grin

Why are you still dwelling on internet resources? I offered to refer you to hardcover books....you refused. Instead, you chose to take refuge in insults.

Only illiterates resort to insults, when their ignorance is exposed. Oga, it is little kids like you who refuse to conduct thorough research, that end up putting Nigeria in trouble. cheesy Why were you talking about offering 'correction'? You want to correct facts, with lies? Bros, grow up! shocked

Continue to exhibit your lack of knowledge..... hehehe!
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by ikeyman00(m): 1:06am On Oct 07, 2014
@@@@

and oduduwa still fell from the sky right

oral or internet ni?

rubbish
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 07, 2014
13volts:
this wayo was originated by the yoruba press. I ve said this b4 there is notting like hausa-fulani. Hausa as a group is distinct 4rom fulani. We hausas ve been victim of fulani aggression and dominance in all spheres of our history.

Quite enlightening.... When you think about it and remember the Fulani Jihad and the sheer amount of blood that was let and the severe oppression which followed suit then one begins to feel where the shoes pinch.
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by kavey10(m): 5:37am On Oct 07, 2014
kavey10:

I would love to get the address of the laundry outlets! Thank you so much. I have a project I'm working on and coincidentally, I saw your post on here and immediately got a brainwave! The idea is innovative and green.

Thanks once again. I'll be looking forward to the details, laudate...

Still expecting your reply.
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by newguy1(m): 7:41am On Oct 07, 2014
In every myth n fable been told about history of a place there is alway an element of truth in it.let be honest here ilorin conceded(afonja) to d fulanis centuries back n d yorubas there where ok with been rule by d fulani. Let just say sins of d father is what some people in ilorin r kind of regretin now.end of story ilorin belong to d fulanis cus dey hav d throne
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by macof(m): 8:35am On Oct 07, 2014
laudate:

Why are you still dwelling on internet resources? I offered to refer you to hardcover books....you refused. Instead, you chose to take refuge in insults.

Only illiterates resort to insults, when their ignorance is exposed. Oga, it is little kids like you who refuse to conduct thorough research, that end up putting Nigeria in trouble. cheesy Why were you talking about offering 'correction'? You want to correct facts, with lies? Bros, grow up! shocked

Continue to exhibit your lack of knowledge..... hehehe!

Where's the insult...are u not uneducated on the matter u looking for internet age history on ? grin

it is you exhibiting lack of knowledge as you know nothing about Yoruba history
Keep looking through google for what I told you...since internet age is here to teach history grin
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by macof(m): 8:42am On Oct 07, 2014
ikeyman00:
@@@@

and oduduwa still fell from the sky right

oral or internet ni?

rubbish

Go learn Ifa if you truly interested in pure Yoruba history and spirituality

There's spirituality and there's history
Oduduwa coming(Not fell) from the sky is spirituality
Learn the difference
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by laudate: 6:56pm On Oct 09, 2014
kavey10:

Still expecting your reply.

Sorry for the delayed response. Kindly contact The Washroom Laundry Shop at Suite B166,Road 2 VGC Ikota Shopping Complex, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki. E-mail: dwashroom@gmail.com; tel: 08039555216

Or you can also contact EZ Wash'n'Dry located on the 2nd floor of the e-Centre, Sabo Yaba, the same building where the Ozone Cinema is located. See more pics here: http://thehuddlegroup.com/laundry/ezwash-launches-at-the-ecenter/ .

They also have another outlet at the top floor of Lush Mall, Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1 just after the Forte Oil Petrol Station, within the estate.

All these laundry outlets have washing machines and dryers that are run on LPG/cooking gas.

Hope the info undecided helps...
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by kavey10(m): 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
laudate:

Sorry for the delayed response. Kindly contact The Washroom Laundry Shop at Suite B166,Road 2 VGC Ikota Shopping Complex, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki. E-mail: dwashroom@gmail.com; tel: 08039555216

Or you can also contact EZ Wash'n'Dry located on the 2nd floor of the e-Centre, Sabo Yaba, the same building where the Ozone Cinema is located. See more pics here: http://thehuddlegroup.com/laundry/ezwash-launches-at-the-ecenter/ .

They also have another outlet at the top floor of Lush Mall, Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1 just after the Forte Oil Petrol Station, within the estate.

All these laundry outlets have washing machines and dryers that are run on LPG/cooking gas.

Hope the info undecided helps...

Thanks a bunch! Thank You! Wow!
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by zekki: 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ilorin is a peaceful town. Both fulanies and d yorubas hav accepted to stay together as Islam has united us. Those trying to bring problems between them will never be successful. Proudly ilorite.
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by warlei(m): 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
zekki:
Ilorin is a peaceful town. Both fulanies and d yorubas hav accepted to stay together as Islam has united us. Those trying to bring problems between them will never be successful. Proudly ilorite.
I can bet u are fulani.
Using islam to divide and rule other people

And if you are yoruba, you are a disgrace

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by zekki: 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
[quote author=warlei post=27006864]
I can bet u are fulani.
Using islam to divide and rule other people

And if you are yoruba, you are a disgrace
[/quote Whichever u called me is accepted but u can never use trabalism to divide us as religion of islam has bound us togther.
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by warlei(m): 6:41am On Oct 10, 2014
[quote author=zekki post=27007257][/quote]

Power hungry fulani.
Its written all over you
Enjoy it while last, when this country splits everyone will know d way 2 his fathers house
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by macof(m): 6:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
zekki:

Lol see this funny guy. Well ilorin people are shouldn't be worth the trouble as u all are jst slaves
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by zekki: 6:59pm On Oct 10, 2014
[quote author=macof post=27031453]

Lol see this funny guy. Well ilorin people are shouldn't be worth the trouble as u all are jst slaves[sub][/sub]q
Re: Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity by Goke7: 11:35am On Jan 17, 2018
mandarin:
Some facts are clear from all these post:
1. The Fulani are largely well spread people and dominate power through cross breeding.
2.The ruling class in most parts of the North are Fulani and they form both political and economic hegemony.A revolt against them cannot be achieved since the ruling hegemony also have the native blood in them. For instance if my sister should marry an Hausa, I will see her children as part of my ethnic group

3The case of Ilorin bear similarities, the ruling class is a mixed blood of Yoruba and Fulani and they associate themselves more with the north obviously because of political advantage, be it Saraki or Gambari.They are both Yoruba and Fulani depending on choice and their allegiance can shift to Yoruba if power base in Nigeria shift.I think the trouble with the Yoruba is the title, Emir and not the Fulani blood.if the title should change to Oba or. Baale, there may be no issue in future.
3. Ilorin, not Kwara, is the one wth these controversies,other Yoruba towns in Kwara state are not having these troubles.
4 Yes, with the coming of democracy things will change in the political clime and if Nigeria can attain a regional political structure, all the Fulani ruling elites all over will be the greatest losers. Why? They have climbed the tree too close to God and He have decided to shake the tree!

This is why they are against political restructuring and regional government, their power dominance will vanish into thin air, but it will surely happen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Israel condemns Nigeria terror, sending Medical aid / El Rufai Accuses JTF Of Killing Gen Mohammed Shuwa / N2.1Billion Of N1,000 Notes Missing At NSPMC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.