Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,544 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen (25172 Views)

Protest In Abraka Over The Activities Of Fulani Herdsmen / Faces Of Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue Yesterday (Photos) / Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Mrchippychappy(m): 12:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen, Threatens To Arrest Defaulters
Ondo State Commissioner for Environment Sola Ebiseni made the disclosure in Akure at a stakeholder meeting to deliberate on the constant clashes between farmers and the Fulani herdsmen in Ondo State.

Ondo State Commissioner for Environment Sola Ebiseni made the disclosure in Akure at a stakeholder meeting to deliberate on the constant clashes between farmers and the Fulani herdsmen in Ondo State.

Ebiseni said the State government had already given the Fulani herdsmen a one week ultimatum to evacuate their cattle from the main town of Akure.

He declared that any Fulani nomadic herdsman grazing cattle at night would also be considered thieves and handed over to the law enforcement agencies.

"We don't want to see the Fulani herdsmen grazing cattle within the streets of Akure, the State capital,” Mr. Ebiseni said. "Animals are not reared on the road in our own towns. They are allowed in the outskirts of the town.”

A SaharaReporters correspondent reported that a monitoring task force team from the Ministry of Environment in the State has been mandated to ensure strict compliance of the order.

"The team is also saddled with the responsibility of dealing decisively with any erring cattle rearers that would flout such order from the State government,” our correspondent reported.

Additionally, the State government resolved that cattle dealers and marketers should register as an association or body with proof of identification. The government claimed that this would help identify cattle rearers who incite trouble and violence.

Among the other major areas forbidden for Fulani herdsmen to graze their cattle in the State included: Oba ile Road, Ode-ilekun Road, Barracks/Ondo Road, Airport/Owo Road, Adofure/Idanre Road, including all permanent residential estates.

During the meeting, Akin Olotu, an environmental activist and chairman of the Agricultural Commodities Association in Ondo State, called for a proper synergy between the States in the federation and the federal government in establishing cattle ranches for the benefit of Fulani nomadic herdsmen.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/03/04/ondo-state-bans-activities-fulani-nomadic-herdsmen-threatens-arrest-defaulters

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by shobroy10(m): 12:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ghen gben the north will now see the consequence of action down south

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Built2last: 12:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
History tells us that Fulani establish Emirates by killing and conquering a people. The kingdom of Uthman Dan Fodio was established by blood and so they are blood thirsty forever.

.I have continue to wonder why state governors are expecting Buhari to secure their state for them.

Look at Agatu, Lagos, Nassarwa, ogun and other states that these vampires have killed, raped and robbed with reckless abandon.
One wonders what state governors are doing. They brandish themselves as chief security officers of the state yet can't secure a village.

If I am governor and as an outsider a chicken not even a human being dies. I won't negotiate with you. Your disappearance will be so silent that you will wake up to discover both you and your cow is in hell

How can you leave your desert infested land come to my green area to graze nd then turn arround to kill and maim my people. They never born you.

Again Buhari silence being the Life patron of Miyyetti Allah is worrisome. ..are they working for him?

Lalasticlala give me water...I dey vex abeg

291 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Destined2win: 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
This is a welcome development. All other states should follow suit.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by PatrickOkunima(m): 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
Welcome Development. Let other states follow suit.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Adeyinka12(m): 12:54pm On Mar 05, 2016
What is wrong with this hausa-fulani people . Is it because the president is from there region ?

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by betterABIAstate: 12:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
Very good

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by tomakint: 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
I don't know when other Yoruba speaking States will start to get it right like the Ondo people..(thank God for my Ekiti indigenes too)...undecided this is what Ogun, Kwara, Osun, Lagos, Oyo and other Southern States ought to have done many many years back but they keep crying to one mumu FG that careless...... Spread the operation stop Cattle grazing around the States. Kudos to Mimiko.

Cc: Lalasticlala over to you

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by cktheluckyman: 1:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
nice one Mimiko,I hereby call on other southern Governors to follow suit and go ahead to empower the youths to enforce this directive

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
This is how we roll in Ondo. Say no to jihadist herdsmen

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Dollyak(f): 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2016
This just made my day. I think they should go one step further by banning them completely from SW region.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by seunny4lif(m): 1:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
Even from day one
Ondo state no dey carry last grin grin

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by papaejima1: 1:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
Interesting.
But will the herdsmen obey?

Now what will happen when they disobey and you arrest them and later release them, then they descend on your community and raze it to the ground wiping out both humans and animals in the middle of the night?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
Yoruba love their lands alot invaders usually cause mayhem.
when u r too hospitable, u will surely reap d reward

4 Likes

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by BlackTechnology: 1:48pm On Mar 05, 2016
Supported

Unfortunately most Yorubas brought this upon themselves when they made the grand patron of these herdsmen their President.

27 Likes

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Godjone(m): 1:49pm On Mar 05, 2016
This to me is good news. Our failure to excersice the authority of the state is the reason the fulani criminals perceive Nigeria as a banana republic.

God bless Mimiko a PDP governor from South West. The zombie APC state got no ball to take such position Thats why thier slave-masters are currently annihilating and decimating their people in Lagos APC state.

Shame!

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by TippyTop(m): 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
Other states will follow, Ekiti loading.........Ban them from PDP states, let them graze at Aso Rock.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by kachnov(m): 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ok...this is long overdue.

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by fattbabakay(m): 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
[size=15pt]TOO MUCH MONEY, MA POCKET BE LOOKING LIKE NAIRA LAND[/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by timilehin007(m): 3:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ekimogun

2 Likes

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by otitokoroleti: 3:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
Good move and any nomadic cattle rearer that proves stubborn should be dealt with as a criminal

2 Likes

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Pavore9: 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2016
A welcome development.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by BLINGZ88: 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2016
I just have one thing to say..BUHARI MUST HEAR THIS

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Buhari4dullard: 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2016
Good Move from Ondo State, the Rest of Nigeria should follow suit

2 Likes

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by BizBayo: 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
All other Southern states Governors should do the same. You can not expect FG to come and secure your land from mere herdsmen. Just give order and they are gone.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by saintkel(m): 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
Nice one, dis guys have d devils heart

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by UrbanMystique: 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
Right step

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Babsons: 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
Way to go. Good move to curb the menace

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by UrbanMystique: 3:10pm On Mar 05, 2016
Adeyinka12:
What is wrong with this hausa-fulani people . Is it because the president is from there region ?
Fulani herdsmen have been wrecking havoc before buhari became the president. Stop making it about him.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by porka: 3:11pm On Mar 05, 2016
Watchout for a direct opposite response from the presidency on behalf of the Fulanis.

While no comment/statement whatsoever has been issued from Abuja on the daily massacre of Nigerians by the Fulanis.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events / Amaechi Welcomes Thousands Of PDP Members To APC In Eleme, Rivers / Celebrations Of Buharis Victory From Across The Nation. Videos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.