Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,396 members, 7,853,752 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:18 PM

Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba (1855 Views)

Gun Men Blow Up AGIP Pipe-line In Rivers / The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. / Major General Mohammed Shuwa Shot Dead, By Gun Men! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 18, 2010
Report: Gunmen Kill Policemen, Workers, at MTN Tower

Unknown gunmen today in Aba, Abia State, slaughtered a team of engineers, driver and policemen working on a mobile phone tower belonging to MTN, the Nigerian mobile phone company.
Full Field Report:
This is to inform you that our team of engineers went out to work at Gabby Oil Aba Road Aba, Abia State and while working on the generator four gunmen walked into the BTS site while the team of engineers was waiting for the RBS to load after bringing up the generator and held them at gunpoint.
It was also recorded that the team met some Ericssion engineers on site working on the transmission link- one Ericssion engineer, one driver, two mobile policemen, a rigger on top of the tower as well as the site security guard.

The gunmen asked for PETROLSEAL car key, but apparently couldn't get it because the person with the car key went to the hood to use the toilet. The four gunmen, still holding everyone at gunpoint asked for the car key inside the BTS site and immediately the PETROLSEAL engineer told them that the person in possession of the key went out to buy something and knowing fully well that the Mopol was inside the shelter alongside the Ericssion staff and PETROLSEAL staff the gun men felt threatened and opened fire on everyone in the BTS site, and also came outside and shot the rigger on top of the tower while the other Ericssion engineer and his driver hid behind the RBS units in the site, so the fired bullets missed them.
The armed robbers came outside the shelter an saw one of our Petrolseal staff (AC TECHNICIAN) and demanded for the car key, the technician told the gunmen that he didn't have the car key on him, so they collected the key that he had on him which was the site key- 1 Abloy and 1 CISA Key. They went into the car and tried to use it to start the car but couldn't. Then gunshots were heard from afar. It was a group of mobile military men coming their way so the robbers ran away.
The AC technician, the Ericssion engineer and the driver were the only survivors of the sporadic firing, while six others (ONE PETROLSEAL ENGINEER, TWO MOPOL MEN, THE RIGGER AND THE SECURITY MAN) were killed outright while the second Petrolseal Engineer died on arrival at the hospital. All bodies have been taken to the mortuary.

Na wah oo!. These devlish boys are still heartless blood thirsty killers that they been know for age long

My heartfelt condonlence goes to the mourning families of these guys that were killed needlessly.
Re: Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2010
I hope slap1 has seen this. . .
Re: Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba by kawazaki(m): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2010
SAD SAD SAD sad sad sad

It is time for all companies to withdraw from Abia State. My very good friend was one of the survivors on this location.
Six out of Nine men on this site were murdered

There was no need for this senseless waste of live of MEN MAKING A LIVING FOR THEIR LIVES
Re: Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba by WackyJ1(m): 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2010
This is sad. All cos of a car
Re: Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba by slap1(m): 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I hope slap1 has seen this. . .
I did not kill them, lol. Well, Gabby Oil is located along Aba-Owerri Road, nothing like Aba Road in Aba. I didn't want to post anything about the town again because it was beginning to seem like I'm crying more than the bereaved; Tpiah even expressed her doubt vis à vis the veracity of the stories. The truth is shyt is hitting the fan in geometric proportion. Just yesterday, the Ariaria International Market Traders Association(AIMATA), recieved their threat letter. They are to pay N3million or risk random attacks, similar to what has been happening to the Timber Market traders. Osisikankwu(the tree that is taller the palm tree), the kidnap kingpin, now drives an SUV. T.A. Orji can't claim complete ignorance of these.
Re: Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba by jamace(m): 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2010
OMG! So, some people don't have value for human lives any longer? Too baaad. sad sad
Re: Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba by TewMuch: 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2010
its a jungle out there. RIP, i hope their families find peace. These people that kill unnecessarily dont they think these people have people depending on them to eat? Na wa oh. These kidnappers should be killed, they have already gone beyond repair. No fair trial, you kill; you shall be killed. shocked
Re: Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba by 13volts(m): 1:32pm On Sep 19, 2010
Haba is like Aba is the most dangerous location in nigeria. A month ago i was travelling from kano - PHC passing thr Aba was like a trip thr downtown kandahar or drug ridden mexico city.
Re: Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba by desgiezd(m): 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2010
Why is it that Aba and Abia State has and continued to gain notoriety for violent armed robbery and kidnapping! (No insults meant for any tribe)

If these people had known that death was lurking around, perhaps they would have left the car keys at the ignition so that the thieves would have easy access to the car!
Re: Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2010
slap1:

I did not kill them, lol. Well, Gabby Oil is located along Aba-Owerri Road, nothing like Aba Road in Aba. I didn't want to post anything about the town again because it was beginning to seem like I'm crying more than the bereaved; Tpiah even expressed her doubt vis à vis the veracity of the stories. The truth is shyt is hitting the fan in geometric proportion. Just yesterday, the Ariaria International Market Traders Association(AIMATA), recieved their threat letter. They are to pay N3million or risk random attacks, similar to what has been happening to the Timber Market traders. Osisikankwu(the tree that is taller the palm tree), the kidnap kingpin, now drives an SUV. T.A. Orji can't claim complete ignorance of these.
Not really,i just want to inform you based on my advice that you should relocate.
Re: Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba by otokx(m): 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2010
Doing business in Nigeria is not easy; the level of criminality in ABIA state, ABA in particular has entered into the cancerous stage and is fast spreading to other eastern states.
Re: Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba by kettykings: 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2010
What is happening in Aba is as a result of long years of neglect and age long scorched earth policy on places like Aba. Aba is under policed because it is under counted in census , how on earth will the few number of police men police a city that is more than 3 million people. Mean while the FG census says Abia is 2.9 million.

Aba was not like this in 60s 70s 80s and 90s.

The FG should really tackle certain issues like job creation , reactivation of dead industries e.t.c and possibly bring in more armed personnel in Aba otherwise what we see now will be a tip of the iceberg.
Re: Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba by slap1(m): 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Not really,i just want to inform you based on my advice that you should relocate.
I got that already. No qualms.
Re: Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba by MaziUche0(m): 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2010
kawazaki:

It is time for all companies to withdraw from Abia State.

They should not leave all of Abia state, they should move to Umuahia.

Until the Ngwa get their act together, all of Abia should not suffer o!
Re: Gun Men Killed Mtn Workers In Aba by MaziUche0(m): 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2010
otokx:

Doing business in Nigeria is not easy; the level of criminality in ABIA state, ABA in particular has entered into the cancerous stage and is fast spreading to other eastern states.

Where has it spread?

Owerri? No

Enugu? No

Onitsha? No

Asaba? No

So where is it spreading in the East?

(1) (Reply)

Attempt To Frame Me For Satellite Pictures , I Have Been Posting. / Chidinma Wins Project Fame / Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.