Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? (18277 Views)

Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / I Hate Being An African American Woman / Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 04, 2007
And secondly the average black woman is secure in herself that she does not need a white man to catapult her into a higher albeit imagined societal status.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 10:20pm On May 04, 2007
babyosisi:

And secondly the average black woman is secure in herself that she does not need a white man to catapult her into a higher albeit imagined societal status.

Can I get a "second that motion". . .up in here. . .

Plus aint nothing like a black man, Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm wink kiss
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 04, 2007
AmerOmoge:

Can I get a "second that motion". . .up in here. . .

Plus aint nothing like a black man, Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm wink kiss

absolutely nothing.
If only they knew that the epitome of manliness in the eyes of any blackgirl is her father.
The love she translates to other black men.

If only they knew that we think the world of them.
I am happy with the one I have,he is not perfect,he is but a man but I wouldn't trade him for silver or gold!
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 10:30pm On May 04, 2007
The strength and determination they represent is unmatched to any other. . .I just wish they could see eternal hope and strength within us,
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Seun(m): 10:33pm On May 04, 2007
The strength and determination they represent is unmatched to any other
There is no "they". There is "you", there is "me", there is "that girl" and there is "that boy". Stereotypes are bad!
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 10:47pm On May 04, 2007
Seun:

There is no "they". There is "you", there is "me", there is "that girl" and there is "that boy". Stereotypes are bad!
. . .

they = black men
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Seun(m): 10:53pm On May 04, 2007
Some black men are strong, and some black men are weak. That's what I'm trying to say. It's an individual thing.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 10:55pm On May 04, 2007
Seun:

Some black men are strong, and some black men are weak. That's what I'm trying to say. It's an individual thing.
oh seen. . .
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 3:08am On May 05, 2007
AmerOmoge:

@ziddy this is the first time that in the many threads we have shared. . . that I must disagree with you brotha. . .what spoilt says and experiences is a reality for black women everywhere regardless of the continent,

I think you misunderstand her. . .what she is trying to convey to you and the black men on this thread. . . is that given the black man's history and circumstances we (BLACK women) have waited. . .we have never in drobes turned our backs on black men the way that yall (BLACK men) have done us. . . Not certain about other countries but i do know in the states that educated. . .well-to-do black women out number men. . . they are plentiful, with all the characteristics that davidylan and all other balck men seek, however we lack one quality, characteristic we were not born white. This is not fiction or fantasy. . . and yes legally you have the right to marry whomever you choose. . .but the bigger picture is this what about our black families. . .how do we instill the traditions/culture into the next generation when they no longer have strong roots to hold on to. . .and typically continue to move further and further away from their blackness. . .

There is no other culture more open and forgiving than ours. . .we accept others despite the hurt they have caused in our past and continue to do in our present. . .no other woman can ever love you in totality like a black woman. . .

She has been where you been. . .side by side with you and even when you left her behind for a so called better life. . . if and when you return she takes you back with open arms. . . ready to raise your children and instill values and morals that surpass any other. . .this not to say that we are better than any other woman but that we are your other half. . . your neck if you will. . .when the world degrades you and call you names as your neck I help you hold your head high and give you the strength it takes to face this cruel discriminatory world another day . . .

I nag you because I care, because I want the best from you. . .because this is what I pledge to give you. . . I wont allow you to slip because the world wont and I will only be doing you a disservice if I don't tell you the truth regardless to how much it hurts. . .

As the mother of civilization. . .do you know how it aches my heart to see you turn your back on me. . .to throw away the beauty and hertiage we created. . .

And if you want freedom of choice I have afforded you that as well. . .I have given an array of colors and textures to choose from (there are black women as fair as Ms. Jolie to as dark as Ms. Whoopi) why must you treat me as if I am not good enough to be your queen. . .

I think I will end here and allow you digest what I am saying and pleading to you. . .

I AM NOT A RACIST BUT CANT YOU SEE. . . YOUR INVOLVEMENT WITH HER IS DESTROYING THE US IN WE. . .

you nailed it. yep. you did! thank you.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 3:17am On May 05, 2007
spoilt:

you nailed it. yes. you did! thank you.

thank you, just trying to convey your thoughts and feelings on the matter. . . smiley
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Nobody: 3:25am On May 05, 2007
I want to formally declare on this thread that Ameromoge,omoge,cute and spoilt are some of the most eligible young ladies on this forum.There are several others.
You ladies are great.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 3:39am On May 05, 2007
AmerOmoge:

thank you, just trying to convey your thoughts and feelings on the matter. . . smiley

i know i was rambling quite a bit and being very cynical in all my previous posts. but i want to thank you again for putting this matter in a way that was so much better than the disgusted angle i was coming from. the whole matter is just getting downright ridiculous. i'm not racist at all and i love all people. i have great black female friends. very educated, well spoken, cute, respectful and everything but it almost seems like they are invisible to our men and unappealing to men of other races who can never appreciate black skin and beauty like you rightly noted. this topic just touched on a raw nerve again. grin.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 3:39am On May 05, 2007
@babyosisi didnt i tell you already that im taken? grin grin
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Nobody: 3:41am On May 05, 2007
well,he saw exactly what I'm talking about.
I now remember when we had that discussion.
I think it was in the "how you met your spouse" thread.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Nobody: 3:42am On May 05, 2007
Everybody just dey talk "i'm taken" . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin
May God help us.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Nobody: 3:44am On May 05, 2007
yes,o.
red lips is off the market too
I'll find out if babs has a junior sister
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 3:46am On May 05, 2007
davidylan:

May God help us.

no black women left for you! grin joke! joke oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Nobody: 3:51am On May 05, 2007
we are in the "i'm taken" season. where women in the market before? grin grin

spoilt:

no black women left for you! grin joke! joke oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joke wetin? i've closed shop for black women. grin bag of disappointments.
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 3:52am On May 05, 2007
spoilt:

i know i was rambling quite a bit and being very cynical in all my previous posts. but i want to thank you again for putting this matter in a way that was so much better than the disgusted angle i was coming from. the whole matter is just getting downright ridiculous. i'm not racist at all and i love all people. i have great black female friends. very educated, well spoken, cute, respectful and everything but it almost seems like they are invisible to our men and unappealing to men of other races who can never appreciate black skin and beauty like you rightly noted. this topic just touched on a raw nerve again. grin.

This is exactly why started this thread. . .because I think black men need to re-evaluate the potential damage they are doing to "the black family" etc. . .

davidylan:

May God help us.
Not all of us are taken. . .davidylan. . . but currently I am exclusively dating only white men. . . grin grin grin joking. . .I love my black brothas
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 3:53am On May 05, 2007
Ameromoge are you taken? " i'm recruiting"  grin grin
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 3:55am On May 05, 2007
spoilt:

Ameromoge are you taken? " i'm recruiting" grin grin

Not taken. . .But stuck in the UK for 2yrs. . .recruiting for
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Nobody: 3:55am On May 05, 2007
AmerOmoge:

Not all of us are taken. . .davidylan. . .

too late. . . i'm in siddon look phase now.  grin
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 4:00am On May 05, 2007
@ameromoge
when you say stuck what do you mean? by recruiting i mean im playing cupid ! grin
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 4:05am On May 05, 2007
Dont mean it in a mean way but I took a job over that requires me to be here at least 2 yrs. . .
spoilt:

@ameromoge
when you say stuck what do you mean? by recruiting i mean im playing cupid ! grin

No worries Davidylan. . .I'll just take Seun advise and turn to white men. . .they are plentiful in the UK. . . grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 4:09am On May 05, 2007
@ameromoge dont mind me i was trying to organize you for some correct guy! grin
but he's white. undecided
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 4:15am On May 05, 2007
That's ok. . .long as he knows that I am a queen. . . wink grin grin

See the children are what the mother is. . .so we safe there culture preserved. . . kiss
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Nobody: 4:18am On May 05, 2007
AmerOmoge:

See the children are what the mother is. . .so we safe there culture preserved. . . kiss

i thot white skin was doing a diservice to the "black family".
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 4:22am On May 05, 2007
Awww. . .he is paying attention. . .
davidylan:

i thot white skin was doing a diservice to the "black family".

why u concern. . . thot u were in siddon look phase anyway. . .

clearly I am joking love have you not paid attention to how much i love black men. . .he is the only man that is able to have my child. . .
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 4:28am On May 05, 2007
@ameromoge
with the current squeeze in supply, you may have long to wait. i suggest you try other
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by Nobody: 4:29am On May 05, 2007
i'm still in the siddon look phase. Glad you love the black man so much. its just sad that most black men have another agenda and see the black woman as dispensable. My uncle has been complaining to high heavens that most of the guys his daughter grew up with are busy with white women while his poor daughter is counting her chickens in mummy's kitchen.

Dont worry, very soon you will return to tell us the testimony that you too have been "taken".
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by spoilt(f): 4:34am On May 05, 2007
@ameromoge
pls come back and testify jare. kills me when i see good women lonely. she should be taken. every single inch of her!

@ davidylan
its now counting chickens? thought it was gathering dust on the back of the shelf?
Re: Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? by AmerOmoge(f): 4:36am On May 05, 2007
Well if i want one. . .any piece of one. . . that I can have. . .but I am searching. . .seeking to build an empire with one and that requires more than settling for a piece of a man for the sake of saying I have one. . .oops i think that's for a different thread o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Igbos Vs Yorubas: Similarities In Diversity / What's So Special About Male Children? / The Afro-brazilian (saro) Descendants Of Lagos State - Our History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.