Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,152 members, 7,849,583 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:00 AM

Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout (23508 Views)

The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 30, 2019
Sunkyphil:
the fight i want to see is wilder vs joshua not this angry

U don't follow Boxing News bros...

Wilder rejected $100 million DAZN's offer to face Joshua last Month...

That's more than 30 times the highest he ever got in his career.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Jaqenhghar: 1:10pm On Apr 30, 2019
tribalistseun:
taaaar, its like saying you're going to bed and not believe you will wake up the next morning.
Every fighter has his time. They know it. This is not football that you go one season unbeaten. Even the greatest had his time. Go and watch Ali's last fight see how he was severely whupped.

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by tribalistseun: 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Every fighter has his time. They know it. This is not football that you go one season unbeaten. Even the greatest had his time. Go and watch Ali's last fight see how he was severely whupped.

How about May weather
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Jaqenhghar: 1:14pm On Apr 30, 2019
tribalistseun:

How about May weather
Hahaha. His records are questionable. There are some fights people believed he was supposed to lose. Apart from him the only other fighter that went unbeaten was Rocky Marciano and that one died prematurely in his prime. Stats dont lie my friend. The only way AJ will stay unbeaten is if he retires now
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
nonen:
These guys should be serious and arrange a proper heavy weight match for Anthony my guy.

He's got no choice... Other heavy weights are avoiding him undecided

Wilder rejected a whooping$100 million DAZN fight against Joshua and just last week, Luis Ortiz too grin
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by tribalistseun: 1:19pm On Apr 30, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Hahaha. His records are questionable. There are some fights people believed he was supposed to lose. Apart from him the only other fighter that went unbeaten was Rocky Marciano and that one died prematurely in his prime. Stats dont lie my friend. The only way AJ will stay unbeaten is if he retires now

This your argument is the most ridiculous argument in the history of argument. Arsenal should have carried premier league every season, there are some matches people believe they are supposed to win

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
tgmservice:
just saw pics of Andy Ruiz Jr online

the guy be like bums with too much oil

Abeg Joshua fight wilder

Wilder was the first to be contacted by DAZN to.face Joshua for $100 Million, but he ducked Joshua - and went ahead to sign a peanut contract with Showtime instead undecided
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Jaqenhghar: 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
tribalistseun:

This your argument is the most ridiculous argument in the history of argument. Arsenal should have carried premier league every season, there are some matches people believe they are supposed to win
We are not talkng of Arsenal here
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Jaqenhghar: 1:29pm On Apr 30, 2019
Noel1:

Did u know that Wilder rejected $100 million DAZN offer to face him? grin
I dont know what yo believe anymore. I have heard different variations. AJ's camp will say one thing. Wilder's camp will say another. From general feel, most people believe AJ is dodging Wilder my own na siddon look
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 30, 2019
I wish I can promote some boys in mushin and obalende make them come challenge this omo-butter A.Joshua.......no be all this turkey oyinbo boys wey Joshua dey beat anyhow....

2 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2019
They never disappoint. I knew they would give us another shitty fight.

Of course, Joshua would win this easily. Ruiz is not a bad hitter, but he is an overall horribly poor fighter.

Why didn't they shortlist Fury? Assuming Wilder has his hands full, why was Fury never shortlisted? Since there is no obvious pattern anymore, why not ask Fury?

Heavyweight boxing has gone to the dogs.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 30, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

I dont know what yo believe anymore. I have heard different variations. AJ's camp will say one thing. Wilder's camp will say another. From general feel, most people believe AJ is dodging Wilder my own na siddon look

See it here:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/19/boxing-deontay-wilder-responds-rumours-rejected-100m-dazn-offer-fight-anthony-joshua-8935277/amp/
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 1:45pm On Apr 30, 2019
Noel1:

Wilder rejected a whooping$100 million DAZN fight against Joshua and just last week, Luis Ortiz too grin

No one is avoiding him.

Wilder has a fight for May, and Luis Ortiz was ready to rumble but his promoter went behind the back of he and his trainer to demand more money from Hearn (Joshua's promoter).

Hearn had the opportunity to reconsider from two days ago, but they would rather fight fatboy Ruiz who is Parker's leftover.

Nonsense!!!

Fury is free, and even though he might not want to take such a fight on short notice, they could have at least shortlisted him. But no, they don't want Fury.

It is very obvious that Ruiz just wants the money.

In my opinion, the American debut can wait. I wonder who would watch that fight.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 1:52pm On Apr 30, 2019
Noel1:

He was never offered 100 million dollars to fight Joshua.

The money was meant to cover three fights.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Jaqenhghar: 1:52pm On Apr 30, 2019
Noel1:

See it here:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/19/boxing-deontay-wilder-responds-rumours-rejected-100m-dazn-offer-fight-anthony-joshua-8935277/amp/
Bro Im not doubting you or your sourcesi. Im sayin I read this. I have read different stories too. These days you just wonder what is the truth
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2019
BluntBoy:

No one is avoiding him.

Wilder has a fight for May, and Luis Ortiz was ready to rumble but his promoter went behind the back of he and his trainer to demand more money from Hearn (Joshua's promoter).

Hearn had the opportunity to reconsider from two days ago, but they would rather fight fatboy Ruiz who is Parker's leftover.

Nonsense!!!

Fury is free, and even though he might not want to take such a fight on short notice, they could have at least shortlisted him. But no, they don't want Fury.

It is very obvious that Ruiz just wants the money.

In my opinion, the American debut can wait. I wonder who would watch that fight.

Check ur facts right bro...

1. The $100 million offer from DAZN didn't prevent Wilder from fighting his mandatory (Breazeale). DAZN offered him $20 Million for his Breazeale fight and $80 million for 2 fights against Joshua - his career highest ever.

Wilder turned it down and went ahead to sign a peanut contract with Showtime for his Breazeale fight.

2. Fury is not free. He signed an £80 million contract with ESPN in Feb...

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
BluntBoy:

He was never offered 100 million dollars to fight Joshua.

The money was meant to cover three fights.

$20 million to fight Brezeale

$80 million to fight Joshua twice...

Can you tell me Wilder's biggest purse since he started fighting?

$14 million against Fury undecided

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
Noel1:

Check ur facts right bro...

1. The $100 million offer from DAZN didn't prevent Wilder from fighting his mandatory (Breazeale). In fact, DAZN offered him $20 Million to sponsored his Breazeale fight and $80 million for 2 fights against Joshua - his career highest ever.

Wilder turned it down and went ahead to sign a peanut contract with Showtime for his Breazeale fight.

2. Fury is not free. He signed an £80 million contract with ESPN in Feb...

You are the one who ought to check your facts. You initially said 100 million dollars to fight Joshua. Now, you are mentioning 80 million dollars.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 30, 2019
BluntBoy:

You are the one who ought to check your facts. You initially said 100 million dollars to fight Joshua. Now, you are mentioning 80 million dollars.

Sorry... but I say things the way they are...

I'm no AJ fan - but I hate when peepz flay the guy 4 failure of the unification fight, even when its obvious he's tried his best while the other guy is scared sh.it of loosing his single belt.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2019
Noel1:

$20 million to fight Brezeale

$80 million to fight Joshua twice...

Can you tell me Wilder's biggest purse since he started fighting?

$14 million against Fury undecided

Don't look at factors like that. Look at the percentage.

How much would Joshua be pulling off the fight? Would the differences suggest a lowering of standards on Wilder's part.

If you like, give Wilders 100 million dollars to fight a Joshua who goes home with 300 million dollars, then Wilder (a belt holder) would be lowering himself to the standards of people like Miller who have no belts, and are mere mandatories.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by ikorodureporta: 2:11pm On Apr 30, 2019
Where boxers dey hide for many years b4 we know them??
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 30, 2019
BluntBoy:

Don't look at factors like that. Look at the percentage.

How much would Joshua be pulling off the fight? Would the differences suggest a lowering of standards on Wilder's part.

If you like, give Wilders 100 million dollars to fight a Joshua who goes home with 300 million dollars, then Wilder (a belt holder) would be lowering himself to the standards of people like Miller who have no belts, and are mere mandatories.

How many titles is Wilder putting on the line vs Joshua?

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2019
Noel1:

Sorry... but I say things the way they are...

I'm no AJ fan - but I hate when peepz flay the guy 4 failure of the unification fight, even when its obvious he's tried his best while the other guy is scared sh.it of loosing his single belt.

I understand, bro.

But we can't be sure that Wilder is scared.

When you offer a deal, it is only normal for the person being offered to know the overall package.

The world wants to see a Joshua/Wilder fight. Even though I don't agree with Wilder that it should be 50/50 before it can happen, but Wilder should get enough from the deal.

What is 40 million dollars if it is just 30% of the total money for a fight that the world wants to see?

Wilder deserves special attention abeg. He may be overrated, but the world wants to see him fight Joshua and they will pay any amount to see the fight happen.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 2:16pm On Apr 30, 2019
Noel1:

How many titles is Wilder putting on the line vs Joshua?

It is not the number of belts Wilder has.

The reality is that Wilder's belt is the only thing stopping Joshua from becoming the Undisputed Champion of the World.

It is a very important belt because it is the only belt left for Joshua to make history.

If you have 9 kobo but need 1 kobo more to be able to afford a sandal, that 1 kobo would become very important and the person that has that 1 kobo would be very important as well.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
BluntBoy:

It is not the number of belts Wilder has.

The reality is that Wilder's belt is the only thing stopping Joshua from becoming the Undisputed Champion of the World.

It is a very important belt because it is the only belt left for Joshua to make history.

If you have 9 kobo but need 1 kobo more to be able to afford a sandal, that 1 kobo would become very important and the person that has that 1 kobo would be very important as well.

I get that but....

1. The fight is more risky for Joshua, with 3 belts on the line than it is for Wilder. So, it doesn't even sound well to demand a 50/50 split purse.

2. If he believes he can beat Joshua like he had always touted, then what stopped him 4rm taking the fight, knocking him spark out grin - and then becoming free to set his own purse after?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Sunkyphil(m): 2:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
Noel1:

U don't follow Boxing News bros...

Wilder rejected $100 million DAZN's offer to face Joshua last Month...

That's more than 30 times the highest he ever got in his career.
grin Y d guy dey avoid joshua na
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2019
Noel1:

I get that - but the fact is that fight is more risky for Joshua with.3 belts on the line than it is for Wilder.

Hence it doesn't even sound well to demand a 50/50 split purse.

Secondly, if he believes he can beat Joshua like he had always touted, then what stopped him 4rm taking the fight, knocking him spark out and then becoming free to set his own purse?

Bro, it is not about the number of belts grin

In a unification bout, number of belts don't matter.

What matters is unification. AJ wants Wilder's 1 belt. Wilder wants AJ's 3 belts. Winner takes all.

How is it riskier for AJ?

It is not like AJ is fighting a mandatory who has nothing to lose like Miller.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 30, 2019
Sunkyphil:
the fight i want to see is wilder vs joshua not this angry

Joshua isn't interested in that fight
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 2:38pm On Apr 30, 2019
Noel1:

I get that but....

1. The fight is more risky for Joshua, with 3 belts on the line than it is for Wilder. So, it doesn't even sound well to demand a 50/50 split purse.

2. If he believes he can beat Joshua like he had always touted, then what stopped him 4rm taking the fight, knocking him spark out grin - and then becoming free to set his own purse after?

You can't remove business from sport, bro. Even if he can beat AJ easily, it doesn't mean he should portray himself as cheap.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 30, 2019
BluntBoy:

Bro, it is not about the number of belts grin

In a unification bout, number of belts don't matter.

What matters is unification. AJ wants Wilder's 1 belt. Wilder wants AJ's 3 belts. Winner takes all.

How is it riskier for AJ?

It is not like AJ is fighting a mandatory who has nothing to lose like Miller.

Sorry but U're wrong bro grin

Yes, Boxing is about the number of belts. The more titles u have on the line, the more muscles you can flex at the negotiation table.

That's the way it is. You can dig more on that...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years / Lukaku Hails Osimhen Best Striker In Italy Now, Ahead Inter, Napoli Clash / Falcons Player, Ashleigh Plumptre Joins Al-Ittihad In Saudi Arabia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.