Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:18 AM

Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout (23506 Views)

The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 30, 2019
BluntBoy:

You can't remove business from sport, bro. Even if he can beat AJ easily, it doesn't mean he should portray himself as cheap.

A good businessman sacrifices today's pittance for tomorrow's bounty...

Its called investing for future grin
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 2:51pm On Apr 30, 2019
Noel1:

Sorry but U're wrong bro grin

Yes, Boxing is about the number of belts. The more titles u have on the line, the more muscles you can flex at the negotiation table.

That's the way it is. You can dig more on that...

Not when it is a unification bout, bro.

Both men will fight to unify. Number of belts does not matter.

AJ could have flexed muscles against Parker because getting Parker's belt would not mean as much as getting all the four belts in boxing.

Do I need to dig? grin No, I am a boxing encyclopedia. I have boxed before (albeit, amateur), I have a diploma in PE, and I come from a family of boxing fans. Even my grandmother would lecture you on boxing grin
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2019
Noel1:

A good businessman sacrifices today's pittance for tomorrow's bounty...
Its called investing for future grin
You mean bad businessmen? grin
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2019
BluntBoy:

You mean bad businessmen? grin

No I mean gud businessmen.

If u doubt that, what then is d essense of 401k? grin
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
BluntBoy:

Not when it is a unification bout, bro.

Both men will fight to unify. Number of belts does not matter.

AJ could have flexed muscles against Parker because getting Parker's belt would not mean as much as getting all the four belts in boxing.

Do I need to dig? grin No, I am a boxing encyclopedia. I have boxed before (albeit, amateur), I have a diploma in PE, and I come from a family of boxing fans. Even my grandmother would lecture you on boxing grin

Sounds interesting cheesy

But I still say you're wrong bro.

For the record, how much was Lennox purse against Holyfield for his undisputed?
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by ttmacoy: 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2019
Given he already has a fight scheduled for less than 6 weeks with tickets sold etc he doesn't have much options now.

themosthigh:
Anthony Joshua should refuse to fight this guy. This guy is not his level st all.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by ttmacoy: 3:12pm On Apr 30, 2019
Actually Andy Ruiz will be so happy now because win or lose he will be earning a career high payday.

Miller who lost out to a $6.5m payout earned less than $1m for his last fight and that was his highest to date.

ayanleye12:
Andy Ruiz right now

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by ttmacoy: 3:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
Because Fury signed up with ESPN and committed to was it 3 or 5 fights which makes it hard to impossible to make a fight with other networks as AJ is on DAZN and Wilder is on PBC. This led to the scrapping of the Fury v Wilder rematch with Fury fighting Schwartz (an unknown) in June.

I agree with you politics and money/greed is messing up the division.

BluntBoy:
They never disappoint. I knew they would give us another shitty fight.

Of course, Joshua would win this easily. Ruiz is not a bad hitter, but he is an overall horribly poor fighter.

Why didn't they shortlist Fury? Assuming Wilder has his hands full, why was Fury never shortlisted? Since there is no obvious pattern anymore, why not ask Fury?

Heavyweight boxing has gone to the dogs.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by ttmacoy: 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
Fury is not free, he is signed to ESPN and fighting Schwartz in June.

BluntBoy:

No one is avoiding him.

Wilder has a fight for May, and Luis Ortiz was ready to rumble but his promoter went behind the back of he and his trainer to demand more money from Hearn (Joshua's promoter).

Hearn had the opportunity to reconsider from two days ago, but they would rather fight fatboy Ruiz who is Parker's leftover.

Nonsense!!!

Fury is free, and even though he might not want to take such a fight on short notice, they could have at least shortlisted him. But no, they don't want Fury.

It is very obvious that Ruiz just wants the money.

In my opinion, the American debut can wait. I wonder who would watch that fight.

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by handsomeyinka(m): 4:16pm On Apr 30, 2019
BlackfireX:
Who is Anthony Joshua??
His the creator of heaven and earth....mumu!!!

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Philistine(m): 4:26pm On Apr 30, 2019
BluntBoy:

No one is avoiding him.

Wilder has a fight for May, and Luis Ortiz was ready to rumble but his promoter went behind the back of he and his trainer to demand more money from Hearn (Joshua's promoter).

Hearn had the opportunity to reconsider from two days ago, but they would rather fight fatboy Ruiz who is Parker's leftover.

Nonsense!!!

Fury is free, and even though he might not want to take such a fight on short notice, they could have at least shortlisted him. But no, they don't want Fury.

It is very obvious that Ruiz just wants the money.

In my opinion, the American debut can wait. I wonder who would watch that fight.

Fury is not free, he has a bout slated for June with Tom Schwartz
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 5:37pm On Apr 30, 2019
Noel1:

Sounds interesting cheesy

But I still say you're wrong bro.

For the record, how much was Lennox purse against Holyfield for his undisputed?

Bro, forget how much a boxer agreed to.

Read Lennox Lewis opinion about the Joshua/Wilder altercation:

“I thought it was ludicrous that Hearn started off by offering Wilder a pay cheque for the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world, instead of a percentage, especially when you consider that they did a split with Joseph Parker for a unification bout.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/480917/lennox-lewis-eddie-hearn-anthony-joshua-deontay-wilder-tyson-fury/

They are treating Wilder like trash all in the bid not to fight him.

Don't just say "Wilder, we are offering you 80 million dollars"

Be respectful.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Diaby108(m): 6:00pm On Apr 30, 2019
AJ my man....
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 30, 2019
BluntBoy:

Bro, forget how much a boxer agreed to.

Read Lennox Lewis opinion about the Joshua/Wilder altercation:

“I thought it was ludicrous that Hearn started off by offering Wilder a pay cheque for the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world, instead of a percentage, especially when you consider that they did a split with Joseph Parker for a unification bout.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/480917/lennox-lewis-eddie-hearn-anthony-joshua-deontay-wilder-tyson-fury/

They are treating Wilder like trash all in the bid not to fight him.

Don't just say "Wilder, we are offering you 80 million dollars"

Be respectful.

That's a wrong argument bro...

1. The last offer wasn't made by Eddie Hearn. Hearn was hands off - and the negotiation was opened directly by DAZN's CEO himself.

Of course, Finkel rejected - cos he was scared of his guy loosing that only belt.

2. How disrespectful is DAZN offering Wilder $100 Million for 3 fights? How much does he get 4rm PPV with Showtime? undecided

3. Can you tell me any Network that would pay Wilder $20 Million for Breazeale?

In fact, DAZN's offer to Wilder is even way off limit and a high risk 4 the network itself. Any unbiased Boxing analyst would tell you that...

If u doubt that, then plz dig up how much Showtime is paying him for Breazeale fight - and I'll be waiting here...

So the point is, Wilder team should plz come up with some other excuse for avoiding that fight undecided
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by 101Joy153: 8:54pm On Apr 30, 2019
Whoops

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by obontami: 9:10pm On Apr 30, 2019
AJ shouldn't be pussing out when it comes to fighting top notch fighters like wilder and fury.... Dude is be beginning to look like a joke to me. WTF is Ruiz. FOH bruh!
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Princeofasia: 10:33pm On Apr 30, 2019
this guy will be fighting irrelevant people. fight dontay wilder otr tyson furry if you get liver
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Princeofasia: 10:34pm On Apr 30, 2019
obontami:
AJ shouldn't be pussing out when it comes to fighting top notch fighters like wilder and fury.... Dude is be beginning to look like a joke to me. WTF is Ruiz. FOH bruh!
the guy is a real pussy
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 11:34pm On Apr 30, 2019
Noel1:

That's a wrong argument bro...

1. The last offer wasn't made by Eddie Hearn. Hearn was hands off - and the negotiation was opened directly by DAZN's CEO himself.

Of course, Finkel rejected - cos he was scared of his guy loosing that only belt.

2. How disrespectful is DAZN offering Wilder $100 Million for 3 fights? How much does he get 4rm PPV with Showtime? undecided

3. Can you tell me any Network that would pay Wilder $20 Million for Breazeale?

In fact, DAZN's offer to Wilder is even way off limit and a high risk 4 the network itself. Any unbiased Boxing analyst would tell you that...

If u doubt that, then plz dig up how much Showtime is paying him for Breazeale fight - and I'll be waiting here...

So the point is, Wilder team should plz come up with some other excuse for avoiding that fight undecided

I didn't expect you to miss something so simple.

Go and read the post again and understand why I mentioned Lennox Lewis.

Or let me just help you.

Percentage. That is what I have been mentioning since morning. You don't appear to understand business at all, that is why you are fixated on price.

Right from time, (as long as I can remember), boxing offers have always come in percentages. It is the best way to tell a good deal from a bad one.

Even illiterates discuss in percentage. Oga, na 60-40 we go share the money o.

Go back and read Lewis's statement again.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 12:19am On May 01, 2019
BluntBoy:

I didn't expect you to miss something so simple.

Go and read the post again and understand why I mentioned Lennox Lewis.

Or let me just help you.

Percentage. That is what I have been mentioning since morning. You don't appear to understand business at all, that is why you are fixated on price.

Right from time, (as long as I can remember), boxing offers have always come in percentages. It is the best way to tell a good deal from a bad one.

Even illiterates discuss in percentage. Oga, na 60-40 we go share the money o.

Go back and read Lewis's statement again.

So, what percentage split do you think DAZN should've offered?
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 12:27am On May 01, 2019
Noel1:

So, what percentage split do you think DAZN should've offered?
At least, 60-40.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 1:10am On May 01, 2019
BluntBoy:

At least, 60-40.

Did u know that same 60-40 split was originally offered to Fury and he rejected it? :-D

https://www.boxingscene.com/eddie-hearn-tyson-fury-vs-tom-schwarz-terrible-fight--137318

That's why I said these guys don't want d fight - and they would do any excuse to avoid it.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by robosky02(m): 8:37am On May 01, 2019
tgmservice:
just saw pics of Andy Ruiz Jr online

the guy be like bums with too much oil

Abeg Joshua fight wilder

Check out andy ruiz

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 11:02am On May 01, 2019
Noel1:

Did u know that same 60-40 split was originally offered to Fury and he rejected it? :-D

https://www.boxingscene.com/eddie-hearn-tyson-fury-vs-tom-schwarz-terrible-fight--137318

That's why I said these guys don't want d fight - and they would do any excuse to avoid it.

Bro, I said at least 60-40. I didn't say it should be the benchmark.

Why do you think they are the ones dodging? If Hearn wants it, why not agree to a 50-50?

After all, the world wants to see it.

The guys want 50-50, the world just wants to see the fight. Why didn't Hearn agree?
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 01, 2019
BluntBoy:

Bro, I said at least 60-40. I didn't say it should be the benchmark.

Why do you think they are the ones dodging? If Hearn wants it, why not agree to a 50-50?

After all, the world wants to see it.

The guys want 50-50, the world just wants to see the fight. Why didn't Hearn agree?

Bro, u claimed to be 4rm a family of Boxing fans, yet...

1. U don't even know that Hearn had no say in DAZN contract?

2. U said Fury was free and should've been contacted instead?

Well, that tells me u didn't even know that Fury rejected a 60-40 split and then went for a less contract with ESPN/ TopRank.

In fact, I got o say bye here. Have a gud day plz...
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 12:36pm On May 01, 2019
Noel1:

Bro, u claimed to be 4rm a family of Boxing fans, yet u don't even know that Hearn had no say in DAZN contract?

Secondly, that u said Fury was free and should've been contacted instead made it obvious u didn't even know that Fury turned down a 60-40 split and - later went ahead to sign a less juicy contract with ESPN/ TopRank.

In fact, I got to say bye here. Have a gud day plz...

Bro, I don't tire for you o.

We are talking generally about contracts, not necessarily about DAZN offer which is comparatively new in the proposed fight between Joshua and Wilder.

Just forget DAZN, and discuss more broadly. Use the DAZN contract only as an example, and not the benchmark. Offers have long come and gone, including personal offers from Wilder himself.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 12:44pm On May 01, 2019
Noel1:

Bro, u claimed to be 4rm a family of Boxing fans, yet...

1. U don't even know that Hearn had no say in DAZN contract?

2. U said Fury was free and should've been contacted instead?

Well, that tells me u didn't even know that Fury rejected a 60-40 split and then went for a less contract with ESPN/ TopRank.

In fact, I got o say bye here. Have a gud day plz...

When I speak about my boxing background, I never implied knowing every current affairs, but more about the structure and the business of the sport.

As a football fan, I know how association football works, but not necessarily about what Messi earns presently.

Moreover, all these are mere distractions from the issue.

What has stalled the fight that the world wants to see? Money.

Hearn can't deny this. If he wants it, he would have got it. The world wants it, but Hearn obviously doesn't.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 01, 2019
BluntBoy:

When I speak about my boxing background, I never implied knowing every current affairs, but more about the structure and the business of the sport.

As a football fan, I know how association football works, but not necessarily about what Messi earns presently.

Hearn can't deny this. If he wants it, he would have got it. The world wants it, but Hearn obviously doesn't.

Tell me why u think Hearn doesn't want it
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 01, 2019
BluntBoy:

Can u tell me why u think Hearn doesn't want it?
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by meneski(m): 6:09pm On May 01, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
grin

Many years back, I fought with Kamoru Balogun.

He was one of the most notorious omo oniles/ Agberos that were in Ojuelegba.

I give him the conductor N1000 and asked for my N900 but he denied I had paid him.

I was trying to be a gentleman but i was fast losing my temper...
tell me more
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 7:53pm On May 01, 2019
Noel1:

Can u tell me why u think Hearn doesn't want it?

Because Anthony Joshua is his cash cow. A loss for Anthony Joshua would signal the end of the type of business that Hearn has had with Anthony Joshua.

Mind you, I don't think AJ is a coward. I think AJ would fight anyone. But his management are scared of losing their fat pay.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 02, 2019
BluntBoy:

Because Anthony Joshua is his cash cow. A loss for Anthony Joshua would signal the end of the type of business that Hearn has had with Anthony Joshua.

Mind you, I don't think AJ is a coward. I think AJ would fight anyone. But his management are scared of losing their fat pay.

Can u tell me why u think Hearn doesn't want it? ( Plz answer with FACTS )

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 / Emmanuel Amuneke Appointed Coach Of Tanzania / Ahmed Musa Delighted As He Scores His First Hattrick For His New Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.