Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,213 members, 7,849,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout (23509 Views)

The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 2:26pm On May 02, 2019
Noel1:

Can u tell me why u think Hearn doesn't want it? ( Plz answer with FACTS )

What do you mean by facts? grin

Or you think you have enough facts to back up your stance that Wilder is the one dodging?

If Hearn wants the fight, he would have made it happen. We know Hearn.

Let him agree to Wilder's term. If they want to unify the divisions, then Wilder is the answer.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 02, 2019
BluntBoy:

What do you mean by facts? grin

Or you think you have enough facts to back up your stance that Wilder is the one dodging?

If Hearn wants the fight, he would have made it happen. We know Hearn.

Let him agree to Wilder's term. If they want to unify the divisions, then Wilder is the answer.

Since u have no FACTS to prove it, I take it that what u said about. Hearn not wanting is merely a farce. Good...

Now, can u plz tell me what's Wilder's term?
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 3:09pm On May 02, 2019
Noel1:

Since u have no FACTS to prove it, I take it that what u said about. Hearn not wanting is merely a farce. Good...

Now, can u plz tell me what's Wilder's term?

Bro, why are you mentioning facts? grin You yourself said Wilder has been dodging. But you made only speculations, but nobody held you to it. Why are you people like this? cheesy

Anyway, Wilder's term is known to every boxing fan out there. He wants 50-50.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 02, 2019
BluntBoy:

Bro, why are you mentioning facts? grin You yourself said Wilder has been dodging. But you made only speculations, but nobody held you to it. Why are you people like this? cheesy

Anyway, Wilder's term is known to every boxing fan out there. He wants 50-50.

grin grin grin grin

The only way to avoid that fight without looking like an ass is to demand a 50/50 purse split - and that's exactly what they did

I dare to be challenged this: No network would oblige to such request? Not DAZN, Not TopRank, Not ESPN.

If u have any history of Undisputed Championship with a 50/50 purse split. Then bring it out and prove me wrong.

Of course, DAZN rejected it point blankly and chose to offer a flat rate instead.

$20 Million for Breazeale
$80 Million for two of AJ twice.

Yet, Wilder and Hammon rejected the offer, and left no room for negotiation.

I can see clearly see that are not even aware of a lot of info regarding this stuff. Here's why:

Wilder later shift ground and claimed that his reason for avoiding that fight was because " he wanted to be a free agent ".

Now, can you Plz tell me what's Hearn's fault in all of that?

Finally, let's stop the prejudice 4 once. Can u put urself in Joshua's shoe and tell me if you being a unified champion would accept that absurdity?

For the record, u quoted Lennox Lewis's statement yesterday to support your claim...

Did u know the same Lennox u accepted $10 Million while Holy field got $20 Million cos he had the 3 belts?

If the same Lennox would now support Wilder for a 50/50 split, then he is a BIG HYPOCRITE grin
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 6:44pm On May 02, 2019
Noel1:

grin grin grin grin

The only way to avoid that fight without looking like an ass is to demand a 50/50 purse split - and that's exactly what they did

I dare to be challenged this: No network would oblige to such request? Not DAZN, Not TopRank, Not ESPN.

If u have any history of Undisputed Championship with a 50/50 purse split. Then bring it out and prove me wrong.

Of course, DAZN rejected it point blankly and chose to offer a flat rate instead.

I can see clearly see that are not even aware of a lot of info regarding this stuff. Here's why:

Wilder later shift ground and claimed that his reason for avoiding that fight was because " he wanted to be a free agent ".

Finally, let's stop the prejudice 4 once. Can u put urself in Joshua's shoe and tell me if you being a unified champion would accept that absurdity?

For the record, u quoted Lennox Lewis's statement yesterday to support your claim...

Did u know the same Lennox u accepted $10 Million while Holy field got $20 Million cos he had the 3 belts?

If the same Lennox would now support Wilder for a 50/50 split, then he is a BIG HYPOCRITE grin

Where is it written in gold that 50-50 deal is absurd?

Moreover, you keep labeling Wilder's free agent statement as one of your proofs of his unwillingness to fight Joshua? Do you even know what it means to be a free agent. It connotes autonomy. So whether he signs with DAZN or not, he remains open to fighting Joshua. Signing with some other body would have closed the possibility of a fight with Joshua indefinitely.

You don't have any proof that Wilder is dodging Joshua.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 02, 2019
BluntBoy:

Where is it written in gold that 50-50 deal is absurd?

Moreover, you keep labeling Wilder's free agent statement as one of your proofs of his unwillingness to fight Joshua? Do you even know what it means to be a free agent. It connotes autonomy. So whether he signs with DAZN or not, he remains open to fighting Joshua. Signing with some other body would have closed the possibility of a fight with Joshua indefinitely.

You don't have any proof that Wilder is dodging Joshua.

I challenge u to give me just 1 instance of an undisputable heavyweight unification bout where a unified champion agreed a 50/50 split with a challenger
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 6:58pm On May 02, 2019
Noel1:

I challenge u to give me just 1 instance of an undisputable heavyweight unification bout where a unified champion agreed a 50/50 split with a challenger

And that would prove what?
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 7:00pm On May 02, 2019
Noel1:

grin grin grin grin

You might want to show me where Lewis supported a 50/50 for Wilder.

You never were patient enough to understand that I was discussing flat fee rather than percentage when I mentioned Lewis.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 7:07pm On May 02, 2019
Noel1:

My point remains that if they want this fight to happen, it would happen. Nowhere is it written in stone that 50-50 is absurd.

Here is a source that supports my point:

“It depends on what your goal is. If your goal is to make as much money as possible, then yeah, negotiate it out, fight to the death over the last few percent, whatever it is. In my eyes, if you want to make the fight, it’s 50-50, if two champions are coming together"
https://m.guardian.ng/sport/joshua-will-need-to-give-wilder-fury-a-50-50-split-says-davison/
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 02, 2019
BluntBoy:

And that would prove what?

Simple: That would prove...

1. That a 50/50 demand by a single title challenger toface a 3- title Unified champ is nothing new.
2. That his demand isn't a smokescreen to avoid the fight after all.
3. And I'll retract my statement RIGHT AWAY cheesy
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 7:34pm On May 02, 2019
Noel1:

Simple: That would prove...

1. That a 50/50 demand by a single title challenger toface a 3- title Unified champ is nothing new.
2. That his demand isn't a smokescreen to avoid the fight after all.
3. And I'll retract my statement RIGHT AWAY cheesy

Your first reason emphasizes something new or not. When does something new become necessarily absurd? They can as well kick it off. Except, you can vouchsafe with your life that it would remain the status quo in boxing forever.

The only constant thing in life is CHANGE

Your second reason is weak. If he wanted to avoid the fight, he would just retire. Throwing up a demand still shows he is open.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 02, 2019
BluntBoy:

Your first reason emphasizes something new or not. When does something new become necessarily absurd? They can as well kick it off. Except, you can vouchsafe with your life that it would remain the status quo in boxing forever.

The only constant thing in life is CHANGE

Your second reason is weak. If he wanted to avoid the fight, he would just retire. Throwing up a demand still shows he is open.

29 undisputed heavyweight unification held - and no single 50/50 split agreed? Now, if that demand doesn't sound absurd, then I wonder what it is.

Your second assertion is flat... wrong. I can't believe you typed that as a 'Boxing Encyclopedia'.

For your information, you don't have to retire to avoid a risky fight. It's called DUCKING.

1. Ridic Bowe avoided Lennox Lewis fight. Did he retire?

2. Mayweather avoided Wright, a big threat pound 4 pound challenger - and went for a less juicy purse with a passable Sharmba Mitchell. Did Mayweather retire?

You know what? I can give u 5 other instances of boxers who avoided risky oppositions by asking 4 impossible purse split undecided
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 9:24pm On May 02, 2019
Noel1:

29 undisputed heavyweight unification held - and no single 50/50 split agreed? Now, if that demand doesn't sound absurd, then I wonder what it is.

Your second assertion is flat... wrong. I can't believe you typed that as a 'Boxing Encyclopedia'.

For your information, you don't have to retire to avoid a risky fight. It's called DUCKING.

1. Ridic Bowe avoided Lennox Lewis fight. Did he retire?

2. Mayweather avoided Wright, a big threat pound 4 pound challenger - and went for a less juicy purse with a passable Sharmba Mitchell. Did Mayweather retire?

You know what? I can give u 5 other instances of boxers who avoided risky oppositions by asking 4 impossible purse split undecided

How many of those fights featured two undefeated champions?

Lennox Lewis retired when he should have had a rematch with Vitali. Same with Wladmir.

There are too many weaknesses in your post.

Wilder is ducking. Then they should give him his deal. If he ducks 50-50, then we would know where the problem lies.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 3:30am On May 03, 2019
BluntBoy:

How many of those fights featured two undefeated champions?

Lennox Lewis retired when he should have had a rematch with Vitali. Same with Wladmir.

There are too many weaknesses in your post.

Wilder is ducking. Then they should give him his deal. If he ducks 50-50, then we would know where the problem lies.

I just gave u 2 instances of boxers who ducked risky opponents without retiring. U couldn't contend that. Could u?

Too many weaknesses in my post? PLZ POIMT THEM OUT AND I WILL DEFEND MY PPINTS.

Secondly, u pointed out 2 instances of boxers would retired retired instead of facing their opponent.

Ur instances are WEAK. And I will tell u why?

1. Both Lennox & Wladmir were already past their prime and due 4 retirement - and they did exactly that. U and I as well know that.

2. Neither Lewis nor Wladmir avoided their fights. Lewis had a fight with Vitali and Wladmir had it with Joshua.

U keep mentioning 50/50 and I challenged u to give me just 1 instance where a unified champion agreed a 50/50 split with a single title challenger, perhaps that could convince me Wilder isn't absurd 4 demanding that after all. undecided

U couldn't...

Well, that only shows that Wilder's demand is off the wall. Nobody's is gonna give him that. NOT EVEN YOU.

By the way, if the fans want the fight and 'Wilder is fighting for the fans' as he always claim, then let him also sacrifice his ego and make the fight happen.

Tell me why it has it has to be Joshua alone?
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 8:57am On May 03, 2019
Noel1:

I just gave u 2 instances of boxers who ducked risky opponents without retiring. U couldn't contend that. Could u?

Too many weaknesses in my post? PLZ POIMT THEM OUT AND I WILL DEFEND MY PPINTS.

Secondly, u pointed out 2 instances of boxers would retired retired instead of facing their opponent.

Ur instances are WEAK. And I will tell u why?

1. Both Lennox & Wladmir were already past their prime and due 4 retirement - and they did exactly that. U and I as well know that.

2. Neither Lewis nor Wladmir avoided their fights. Lewis had a fight with Vitali and Wladmir had it with Joshua.

U keep mentioning 50/50 and I challenged u to give me just 1 instance where a unified champion agreed a 50/50 split with a single title challenger, perhaps that could convince me Wilder isn't absurd 4 demanding that after all. undecided

U couldn't...

Well, that only shows that Wilder's demand is off the wall. Nobody's is gonna give him that. NOT EVEN YOU.

By the way, if the fans want the fight and 'Wilder is fighting for the fans' as he always claim, then let him also sacrifice his ego and make the fight happen.

Tell me why it has it has to be Joshua alone?

You argue that Lewis and Klitschko were past their prime? Define prime? I guess you are factoring in only age, forgetting that anyone can be past their prime at any age. You are not a good student of statistics, are you? grin

Second, your post remains weak. Retirement is more absolute than making one open for a fight even with so-called absurd demands. I say your post is weak because your only defense is the lack thereof of a 50-50 agreed purse split. First of all, it is not written in stone. Second, there are two undefeated champions in the mix. Perhaps, you can go back to Google and browse for matches as peculiar as Joshua-Wilder in terms of that. Wilder is a 40-0 champion with 39 wins by knockout. You have thrown away all these factors and have decided to bandy history about as your only weapon.

The likes of Holyfield have called for a split purse, which makes the idea within common sense unlike how you have gone on as though Wilder demanded for Joshua's head. Anyone who hears you talk would think 50-50 should never even be mentioned. But even boxing icons are mentioning it.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 03, 2019
BluntBoy:

You argue that Lewis and Klitschko were past their prime? Define prime? I guess you are factoring in only age, forgetting that anyone can be past their prime at any age. You are not a good student of statistics, are you? grin

Second, your post remains weak. Retirement is more absolute than making one open for a fight even with so-called absurd demands. I say your post is weak because your only defense is the lack thereof of a 50-50 agreed purse split. First of all, it is not written in stone. Second, there are two undefeated champions in the mix. Perhaps, you can go back to Google and browse for matches as peculiar as Joshua-Wilder in terms of that. Wilder is a 40-0 champion with 39 wins by knockout. You have thrown away all these factors and have decided to bandy history about as your only weapon.

The likes of Holyfield have called for a split purse, which makes the idea within common sense unlike how you have gone on as though Wilder demanded for Joshua's head. Anyone who hears you talk would think 50-50 should never even be mentioned. But even boxing icons are mentioning it.

U have no knowledge of how boxing works.

If u do, then you should know that a true champ is better defined by his titles than 37 wins over unranked bums.

It's a basic logic. Even a kid can grab that.

By the way, I don't like people parrying questions and beating about the bush - which is what you've been doing the while long. Plz answer my question...

I asked u:

If Wilder claims to be fighting for fans, then why can't he sacrifice his ego and accept a 60/40 or at least open.

Why does it have to be Joshua alone?
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 12:10pm On May 04, 2019
Noel1:

U have no knowledge of how boxing works.

If u do, then you should know that a true champ is better defined by his titles than 37 wins over unranked bums.

It's a basic logic. Even a kid can grab that.

By the way, I don't like people parrying questions and beating about the bush - which is what you've been doing the while long. Plz answer my question...

I asked u:

If Wilder claims to be fighting for fans, then why can't he sacrifice his ego and accept a 60/40 or at least open.

Why does it have to be Joshua alone?

Bro, you don't understand boxing at all. grin

I have not said a champ is defined solely by stat.

But then, a true boxing fan (which you obviously are not) would not rubbish stats.

You claim Wilder has fought bums. Pray, tell me who Joshua has fought?

A tired Wladmir who at the time had not fought for 2 years and was Fury's leftover, and yet knocked Joshua down?

Joseph Parker who had had at least two immediate unimpressive showing due to elbow problems?

Who, please?
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 04, 2019
BluntBoy:

Bro, you don't understand boxing at all. grin

I have not said a champ is defined solely by stat.

But then, a true boxing fan (which you obviously are not) would not rubbish stats.

You claim Wilder has fought bums. Pray, tell me who Joshua has fought?

A tired Wladmir who at the time had not fought for 2 years and was Fury's leftover, and yet knocked Joshua down?

Joseph Parker who had had at least two immediate unimpressive showing due to elbow problems?

Who, please?

Firstly, If I'm not a boxing fan, then I wonder who you are grin

Secondly, if u think d Wladmir Klitchcko that fought Joshua was washed up, then you probably know better than Mike Tyson and other boxing commentators who said that Klitchcko's bout against Joshua was one of the most explosive of his career.

U have a different opinion? Then u also need to get into a boxing hall of fame first - and I 'all take u serious grin

Now, back to ur point. Wilder had 41 fights.

Apart 4rm a washed up Luis Ortiz - who was asthmatic and suffering 4rm high blood pressure and an out-of-shape overweight Tyson fury who had been redundant for 3 years and still came out to beat Wilder - even though the match was controversially declared a split draw.

Tell me who else did Wilder fight?

(And I will tell u they are unranked bums) grin

So plz tell me... ( I'm waiting 4 ur answer ) grin
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by BluntBoy(m): 10:16pm On May 04, 2019
Noel1:

Firstly, If I'm not a boxing fan, then I wonder who you are grin

Secondly, if u think d Wladmir Klitchcko that fought Joshua was washed up, then you probably know better than Mike Tyson and other boxing commentators who said that Klitchcko's bout against Joshua was one of the most explosive of his career.

U have a different opinion? Then u also need to get into a boxing hall of fame first - and I 'all take u serious grin

Now, back to ur point. Wilder had 41 fights.

[s]Apart 4rm a washed up Luis Ortiz - who was asthmatic and suffering 4rm high blood pressure and an out-of-shape overweight Tyson fury who had been redundant for 3 years and still came out to beat Wilder - even though the match was controversially declared a split draw.
[/s]

Tell me who else did Wilder fight?

(And I will tell u they are unranked bums) grin

So plz tell me... ( I'm waiting 4 ur answer ) grin

First of all, only illiterates answer questions with questions. And on top of it, wait for answers.

And for the canceled part of your post, I only mentioned Wilder's stats. You were the one who had problems with the men he fought. Perhaps, you have also forgotten that you were the one who pointed out that Wilder had only fought bums.

So, I began to wonder who Joshua himself has fought aside a tired Klitschko who had not fought for 2 years and was past 40 while Joshua was in his 20s. The old man also knocked Joshua down.

You wrote that Fury had been redundant for 3 years. Well, he had at least a comeback fight, even if you say he fought a bum.

Frankly, I think we should just end this conversation. I find it rather bland
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr. Is Anthony Joshua Opponent For New York Bout by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 04, 2019
BluntBoy:

First of all, only illiterates answer questions with questions. And on top of it, wait for answers.

And for the canceled part of your post, I only mentioned Wilder's stats. You were the one who had problems with the men he fought. Perhaps, you have also forgotten that you were the one who pointed out that Wilder had only fought bums.

So, I began to wonder who Joshua himself has fought aside a tired Klitschko who had not fought for 2 years and was past 40 while Joshua was in his 20s. The old man also knocked Joshua down.

You wrote that Fury had been redundant for 3 years. Well, he had at least a comeback fight, even if you say he fought a bum.

Frankly, I think we should just end this conversation. I find it rather bland

If an illiterate answers questions with questions, then what do u call a guy who answers questions with rambles? Unschooled grin

Yea, this convo can die its own death. We don't have to kill it.

But if we gotta do, can u plz look up up d post u quoted and answer all the questions you parried? grin

Secondly, u need to unstrike dat part of my post coz every real boxing fan knows Luiz Ortiz is an old ass guy with high BP that almost knocked out ur Wilder and that a 3-year redundant and ballooned Fury won that match against Wilder. grin

And that's a big dent on whatever stats u claim Wilder has grin

plz don't forget my question:

Who else did Wilder fight that's not an unranked bum? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years / Lukaku Hails Osimhen Best Striker In Italy Now, Ahead Inter, Napoli Clash / Falcons Player, Ashleigh Plumptre Joins Al-Ittihad In Saudi Arabia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.