Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,486 members, 7,826,836 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah (52257 Views)

How Emefiele Silenced Top Officials Of DSS - Sahara Reporters / Bola Tinubu With Officials Of APC UK Chapter In London (Photos) / 'Femi Gbajabiamila Cannot Be Speaker' Protest Rocks Nigerian Consulate In U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by Emeritusseun(m): 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2019
ednut1:
cocaine not coke

Coca cola, same way meat isnt allowed there.It is not allowed in Babcock university. They believe coca cola contains caffeine which could stimulate the students to violence.
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by wyqay: 3:54pm On Apr 30, 2019
الحمد الله رب العلمين
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by mapet: 3:54pm On Apr 30, 2019
004gist:
grin

Hope u all have seen how the government quickly interven but has the same government ask questions about most Nigerians who are detention and death role in Asians country?
The government will claim they know the law and why carry drugs without even hearing from them if they were framed up like this girl.

While we cannot rule out cases (minute I'll say,) of "frame-ups" on drug cases of Nigerians caught in Asia, I dare say that it will be infinitesimal. A substantial numbers of those caught in Asia are actually GUILTY. Many of them confessed and many of them were caught during raids.

If you actually read reports on this matter and not given to unneeded clanish emotional sentiments, you would have seen that a methodical procedure was followed to establish Zainab's innocence, from the petition her father wrote the NDLEA, to the covert investigations, to proofs, to confessions from all that played in the set-up and how they framed her, to the names of the culprits involved etc. The report of this investigations was subsequently forwarded to the Saudi govt.

Pray tell, your "cohorts" in Asia,did and had any presented veritable proof or you just want government to intervene for "geopolitical zone"'s sake?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by MrDebonair: 3:54pm On Apr 30, 2019
Welcome back. Zainab. The good news I have been waiting for. Glad she is free and free indeed.

Thank you Jesus.
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by naijajobx: 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2019
Oh
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by freemi(m): 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2019
mediaNGR:
Zainab Aliyu with Officials of the Nigerian Consulate in Jeddah, shortly after her release from prison. She was erroneously accused of peddling drugs.

Photo: Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/04/zainab-aliyu-spotted-with-officials-of.html
is she sittin or d men r too tall
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by desmond2pk: 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2019
If it was a cartel that planted the drug with her name on it, i don't think she is the first and only victims.
Can the government investigate and free others?

1 Like

Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by alexola20(m): 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2019

4 Likes

Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by mapet: 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
shadeyinka:
Thank God for her.

But Nigeria my country!
Suppose this girl's father isn't rich and connected!?
Suppose no one can reach the President on her behalf!?
Suppose no one to convince the security network to fish out the syndicate!?

She would have been forgotten!
Judged as a commons drug criminal!
Left alone to watch the sword cut her head!
Left alone to weep and cry for the callousness of the wicked!

Leah Shuaibu didn't qualify for this!
She's a commoner with no one to plead her case and life continues as usual. She's someone else's daughter!

May you not fall into the trap of your enemies!
May satanic setups never succeed over your LIFE!

The girls father did what any sensible person should do, rich or not, connected or not. Instead of ranting and raving with hatred and ignorance, he simply wrote a petition to the right quarters and momentum picked up. It is disingenuous and down-right mischevious to bring Leah Sharibu into this equation. Each case is unique and being pursed.

1 Like

Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by Lance07(m): 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
What is good news when other innocent nigerians are dying and the presidency is doing nothing about it. What about innocent citizens detained in Nigerian prisons. Have the presidency bothered about them? How true that the accused presently arrested are responsible for planting the drugs in the ladies bag. I believe those lives have been sacrificed for this young lad. I weep for our dear country... God bless Nigeria and her innocent hardworking citizens.
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by Odingo1: 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
olamilarks:
They are confessing already!

Tramadol is not a hard drug
, yes I use to take tramadol and travel with it, I only stop it when I noticed it can be abused, Tramadol is a good pain relief when it is taken in moderate quantity.

If it is a banned medicine, the control officer that checked my bag in Amsterdam Airport, Netherland would have arrested me 2 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by bkool7(m): 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
Big blow for Ipob

Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by bkool7(m): 3:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
Lance07:
What is good news when other innocent nigerians are dying and the presidency is doing nothing about it. What about innocent citizens detained in Nigerian prisons. Have the presidency bothered about them? How true that the accused presently arrested are responsible for planting the drugs in the ladies bag. I believe those lives have been sacrificed for this young lad. I weep for our dear country... God bless Nigeria and her innocent hardworking citizens.
The good news is that the innocent will not be punished
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by alexola20(m): 3:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by epropertymaster(m): 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2019
Congratulations to Zainab

Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by mapet: 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2019
bumzylongs:
So wonderful that the government fired on all arsenals to secure the release of this woman from the gallows in Saudia Arabia. I hope the same effort will be put into securing the release and repatriation of other Nigerians in various countries around the world, mind you not all of them are guilty of the charges talking from my firsthand when I had the chance of visiting various prisons and concentration camps in my work travelling to see what is going on. We so divided and lack trust in the government but I hope the federal government will bridge the gap so it won't look like a certain part of the country or religion is been favorited or left to suffer..

"To Thine Own Self Be True........."
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by AngelicBeing: 4:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
These girl is very lucky, wow, so Saudis eventually released her, kudos to the Nigerian government for the swift diplomatic intervention shocked
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by mapet: 4:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
ednut1:
who has confessed or was forced to confess And why plant tramadol that has no value when coke dey Abeg this is fishy

It shows you're very lazy.....for you to ask this question....
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by Beedude(m): 4:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
phonemakemoney:
Saudi Government that beheaded the head of a Saudi Prince for Killing a commoner will do proper investigation and be sure of innocence before releasing a suspect.
How can someone 'beheaded the head'. Don't always be too fast to comment. These are avoidable errors
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by flattommygood: 4:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
thank God o so this news is finally true, ah am happy for her.

Hot Belt is a compression belt that helps to shape your midsection, Have a SLIMMER WAIST LINE, FLAT TUMMY and also get your Six packs to come out.
>>Burns BELLY FATS and shed excess water
>> Tucks Your BELLY IN
>> Compresses and supports your back line
>> Brings out your BODY Curves
>> You can wear at home, work or during exercises.
>> No special Exercise regiment needed

We deliver directly to you anywhere in the country. Call or whatsapp 09083930001
Email: flattommygood@gmail.com
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by mvem(m): 4:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
philip0906:
Good news! It simply shows that if a government is proactive, they can get results.

That said, we want to see Buhari immediately apply same proactive measures to get Leah Sharibu released from the claws of Boko Haram.

And yes, Nigerians from the South have every right to consider the ethnic and religious tone to this because this government has been extremely clueless in managing sensitive ethnic, tribal and religious issues. Thus, creating an avenue for people to look at every of its actions and steps with a religious, ethnic and tribal undertone
..its Leah a Southerner ...how is that favouritism
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
004gist:
grin

Hope u all have seen how the government quickly interven but has the same government ask questions about most Nigerians who are detention and death role in Asians country?
The government will claim they know the law and why carry drugs without even hearing from them if they were framed up like this girl.

Not to defend the government, but you would recall that the Indonesian case, the government of Austrailia and Brazil had their citizens executed around the same time as Nigerians

Australia sent a Minister to beg,. Brazil's president called the Indonesian president personally

Nothing happened.

1 Like

Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by philip0906(m): 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2019
mvem:
..its Leah a Southerner ...how is that favouritism
I never said Leah is a southerner! Read btw the lines
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by ednut1(m): 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2019
mapet:

It shows you're very lazy.....for you to ask this question....
unlike u i am not gullible. The airport staff were forced abeg
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by Maket: 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2019
Congratulations! This face is different from the face of the beautiful girl every body was shouting for yesterday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by Iamgrey5(m): 4:05pm On Apr 30, 2019
Odingo1:
What of Yoruba muslims waiting for execution in Saudi, Zainab is lucky to be a Hausa-fulani otherwise she will be beheaded like others whether she is guilty or not.

The girl is definitely not aware that Tramadol is a hard drug in Saudi Arabia, me self I am surprised because I use to travel to Europe with two sachet of Tramadol when it was common in Nigeria, if you tell chemist then in Nigeria that you are having pain they will give you Tramadol.
You know nothing

A good number of those waiting for execution are also Hausa

It seems Zynab is from a connected family

The question should be why should she go scot-free while others get executed?

1 Like

Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by mapet: 4:06pm On Apr 30, 2019
desmond2pk:
If it was a cartel that planted the drug with her name on it, i don't think she is the first and only victims.
Can the government investigate and free others?

You're right on this. I think extensive investigation is still ongoing and Abike Dabiri's office is following up on virtually all the "awaiting-death-row" victims. Aside from Zainab, virtually all others have been established to be guilty
Re: Zainab Aliyu spotted with officials of the Nigerian consulate in Jeddah by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 30, 2019
theoptimist298:
Something ain’t right. I hope the story of a certain syndicate that plants drugs in people’s luggages was not fabricated in an attempt to vindicate this girl since she is the daughter of a rich man?

It is also well known that tramadol is the recreational drug of choice for most northeners. I mean, which syndicate would want to smuggle tramadol to Saudi Arabia? Dont we import tramadol ourselves?

I guess times like this is the reason why the DSS head, the AGF and other key security personnel are all muslims. Its well

For a very long time, there have been syndicates that plant drugs in people's luggage...

Infact, recently, I got a Whatsapp message warning me about such syndicates. That's not the first time....I got the same message three years ago.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AU Chair, Ramaphosa, Thanks WTO For Transparent Process. Okonjo-Iweala Reacts / How The Hausa/Yoruba Clash In Shasha Market, Ibadan Started - Eyewitness (Video) / Godswill Akpabio Meets Chris Ekpoyong, Laughs And Hugs Him (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.