Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:57 AM

Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? (4877 Views)

Why We Hate Nice Guys / Since We All Admit We Hate White People / Why Do We Hate Naija Women So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by united442(m): 10:52pm On Apr 30, 2019
tunize:

based on assumption; what if she never told you she had any, are you going to kill her?

i will stop assuming
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Wizywiz(m): 6:10am On May 01, 2019
joyberry:
You dey mind those myopic people? They just open their mouths and judge with out thinking at all.I always insulted girls in abusive relationships until I found myself in one.Anything can happen to anyone, we are arent immune to mistakes or bad occurrences.
sorry oo i hope u treat d guy f...k up as an officer...thats how a female soldier inside ph barack her gets beating and abused all d time by her civilian husband who works in abuja..whenever he comes with no just course and she seems helpless
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by HeWrites(m): 6:22am On May 01, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

The above reason is so rampant because deluded people have unprotected sex foolishly.... Wearing a condom, pulling out, taking the day after pill would solve the above problem, in an instant, if these deluded people had a brain.

The ego of these men is in the way of their common sense....

I don't think it is ego.

The fact that a lady can get pregnant for a guy, and that guy doesn't see any reason to marry her. Why should I then be the one to go ahead and marry her

Ain't talking about divorcee though.

If I'm ever going to marry, I can never marry a single mom.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:07pm On May 01, 2019
HeWrites:

I don't think it is ego.

The fact that a lady can get pregnant for a guy, and that guy doesn't see any reason to marry her. Why should I then be the one to go ahead and marry her

Ain't talking about divorcee though.

If I'm ever going to marry, I can never marry a single mom.

Again, your ego is in the way of your common sense.... Are you saying that a woman who had a previous r/ship (where she had a child) before ever meeting you, is automatically NO good?! How exactly......? Because she loved someone and wanted to create a family with that person, before ever knowing you? Let me guess, you are against abortion (like most misplaced ego driven men like yourself) but suddenly you think this woman should have aborted the baby, right? The only reason why you would dismiss such woman is because you can't take the fact that most people would automatically know that she wasn't a virgin when you met her, and she had sex well well before ever knowing you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by TheCongo2: 3:21pm On May 01, 2019
ogb5:
It is unnatural to father another man's child.

Why go for a single mother when there are many girls around who will not bring the baggage of another man's child to you

The bolded is a lack of humanity
What about the fate of the orphans or abandoned children.

I have no issue fathering another man's child

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:39pm On May 01, 2019
TheCongo2:

The bolded is a lack of humanity
What about the fate of the orphans or abandoned children.

I have no issue fathering another man's child

Bro, Sadly this is the double standard failed message that most of these dudes with misplaced ego have.. First they will say that a woman shouldn't have an abortion and should instead have the child and give it up for adoption, but yet NONE of these same men are ready/willing to adopt a child. Lol!

Jman06:
I don't hate single mothers but I can't marry one. Like why should I carry another man's baggage when I can get a better deal

Instead of seeing a child as "baggage", why don't you instead view that child as an important part of the life of the woman that you love...or better yet, if you think you can find a woman who HASN'T got a past, then you my friend are simply dreaming.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by TheCongo2: 3:45pm On May 01, 2019
ogb5:
I don't think ladies are getting the point.

There are many ladies without extra baggage of another man's child looking for husbands. Why should a young man consider a single mother when he can easily get a girl to marry that does come with extra expense that a child from a previous relationship bring.

To compound issues, the society now frowns at polygamy so the single mothers are forced to look for unmarried men.

My advice is if you are a single mum just know that you are at a disadvantage compared to other ladies searching for husbands and wisely grab a man you fancy who looks your way or be prepared to go into polygamy.

Life is not fair to many people, being a single mum might not be your fault but a man looks for the best woman he can get when searching for a wife.

To each his own. I ,along with many other men, would have no issue in marrying single moms.
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by HeWrites(m): 5:16pm On May 01, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Again, your ego is in the way of your common sense.... Are you saying that a woman who had a previous r/ship (where she had a child) before ever meeting you, is automatically NO good?! How exactly......? Because she loved someone and wanted to create a family with that person, before ever knowing you? Let me guess, you are against abortion (like most misplaced ego driven men like yourself) but suddenly you think this woman should have aborted the baby, right? The only reason why you would dismiss such woman is because you can't take the fact that most people would automatically know that she wasn't a virgin when you met her, and she had sex well well before ever knowing you.

I'm not in support or against abortion.

@emboldened, 100% wrong. If that's all you can think of, then you lack common sense.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by ThrillPlus: 5:09pm On May 03, 2019
ThrillPlus:
It is a fact: that in our society, many people hold single mothers in contempt. Should this be so?

Read more: https://thrillplus..com/2019/04/why-do-we-give-single-mums-hard-time.html
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Cuteamigo1(m): 5:16pm On May 03, 2019
ogb5:

Why go for a single mother when there are many girls around who will not bring the baggage of another man's child to you
reminds me of the animal kingdom. When a lion takes over a pride, he kills all the cubs that are not his. It's unnatural to father another man child. You have said it all

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Cuteamigo1(m): 5:16pm On May 03, 2019
ogb5:

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by LordsApostle: 5:44pm On May 03, 2019
joyberry:
You dey mind those myopic people? They just open their mouths and judge with out thinking at all.I always insulted girls in abusive relationships until I found myself in one.Anything can happen to anyone, we are arent immune to mistakes or bad occurrences.
Hello Joy. How are you? U have some spare time?
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by LordsApostle: 5:52pm On May 03, 2019
ogb5:
I don't think ladies are getting the point.

There are many ladies without extra baggage of another man's child looking for husbands. Why should a young man consider a single mother when he can easily get a girl to marry that does come with extra expense that a child from a previous relationship bring.

To compound issues, the society now frowns at polygamy so the single mothers are forced to look for unmarried men.

My advice is if you are a single mum just know that you are at a disadvantage compared to other ladies searching for husbands and wisely grab a man you fancy who looks your way or be prepared to go into polygamy.

Life is not fair to many people, being a single mum might not be your fault but a man looks for the best woman he can get when searching for a wife.
you are a very pragmatic and objective person!!! U speak the truth bro.
I had one experience, met this very pretty trendy girl, we kicked it off, just a month into the relationship, I snuck into her phone, saw she was a single mum... I just discard her immediately... As in I no waste time at all...
I dey mad? As I young, fine like this, well to do. I go marry single mother, when there are pretty ladies everywhere that I can easily get.

Others can go, but definitely not me, I no mad to allow such.

The girls up there comparing a single dad, you are forgetting where you are, this is Africa, the guy goes out to search for a lady and marries her, fends for her and provides as needed, so he calls the shot; " he who pays the piper dictates the tune " that's the simple world we live in.
You have to accept it, IT IS A MANS WORLD , nature made it so... All these women empowerment and shit, doesn't change the reality on ground.
Men decides what they want and call the short, the only thing the owe the world is making money and being comfortable.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Obodo999(m): 6:15pm On May 03, 2019
joyberry:
My dear the matter tire me,who impregnated the women ghosts? Its takes two to tango oh

My dear, that is the reason women should not be opening their legs anyhow for anyman.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Obodo999(m): 6:20pm On May 03, 2019
joyberry:
A woman in our base became a widow overnight when her husband of just three weeks died in an airstrike attack, Guess what she was just a few weeks pregnant.
She became a widow and about to be a single mom if the pregnancy gets to full term,i just shake my heads when people especially women beef single mothers,u dont knw their struggles or what happened with them.One will see her,a young woman in her early twenties with a baby, and just open their mouths and judge her without knowing what happened. Before judging people,be sure of what happened to them,take a mile in their steps.Life can be ironic and funny at times.Shalom

You cannot marry someone out of sympathy. Whatever the reasons, you can not force people to marry people they don't want.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Obodo999(m): 6:21pm On May 03, 2019
MissRaine69:

Sometimes it’s not even widowhood
Domestic violence
Men abandoning their families
A man can make a child and walk away with little or no consequences a woman does not have that luxury.

that is the reason women should not be opening their legs anyhow for anyman.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MissRaine69(f): 6:30pm On May 03, 2019
Obodo999:

that is the reason women should not be opening their legs anyhow for anyman.
You have comprehension issues.
How is your statement applicable to widows, women who are married and flee domestic violence? Whatever it is that you are smoking or injecting half the dose cause it is clearly affecting your cognition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Obodo999(m): 6:36pm On May 03, 2019
MissRaine69:

You have comprehension issues.
How is your statement applicable to widows, women who are married and flee domestic violence? Whatever it is that you are smoking or injecting half the dose cause it is clearly affecting your cognition.

Thank you for the insult but that doesn't take away the fact that I can't marry a single mother

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MissRaine69(f): 6:51pm On May 03, 2019
Obodo999:

Thank you for the insult but that doesn't take away the fact that I can't marry a single mother
I don’t care.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:24pm On May 03, 2019
I don't really believe that women may feel that without a man they are nothing, it is only a woman without exposure, an illiterate, or a jobless woman who would feel that way. An independent woman would accept the situation, and see the child as the center of her joy.
MrBrownJay1:

Actually, whether single father or mother, it wouldn't be a problem if women didn't view marriage as a do or die mission. So what you are single?! Live your life the best you can and to hell with what other deluded people think of you.

The problem is when these broken women believe that without a man they are nothing, thus a brain reset is needed.
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by realtalk19: 9:58pm On May 03, 2019
ogb5:

You seem not to understand the problem some single mums face.

It takes money to make money. And if a single mum is in the poverty trap, without help it becomes very hard for her to improve herself so that she can cater for her child.

Almost everybody tries to improve themselves in the best way within their financial and mental capacity and when such capacity is not enough to pull them off the poverty trap then they start looking for other means of support. That's is where marital support comes in as an option.

Why should a single mum offer free sex to a boyfriend and struggle to cater for her child when she can offer the same sex in marriage and get spousal support in return?

have u thought of domestic violence or an irrsesponsible man not taking care of the family?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Raalsalghul: 10:34pm On May 03, 2019
ThrillPlus:
It is a fact: that in our society, many people hold single mothers in contempt. Should this be so?

Read more: https://thrillplus..com/2019/04/why-do-we-give-single-mums-hard-time.html
Single mom (Widow)=======Circumstances.
Single mom (Divorced)=======Choices

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by mysticgal(f): 11:58pm On May 03, 2019
This is the most stupppid thread I have hopped on today.

wait hol'up, single men with kid(s) expect ladies to marry them and take care of their osprings and ladies are not supposed to do the same?
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Obodo999(m): 10:52am On May 04, 2019
MissRaine69:

I don’t care.

K
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Obodo999(m): 10:53am On May 04, 2019
mysticgal:
This is the most stupppid thread I have hopped on today.

wait hol'up, single men with kid(s) expect ladies to marry them and take care of their osprings and ladies are not supposed to do the same?

You don't understand
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Toseenlove: 12:51pm On May 04, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
I don't really believe that women may feel that without a man they are nothing, It is only a woman without exposure, an illiterate, or a jobless woman who would feel that way. An independent woman would accept the situation, and see the child as the center of her joy.

Too many of them In Nigeria.
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:32pm On May 04, 2019
Same as we have many of such men alike. Its same.
Toseenlove:

Too many of them In Nigeria.
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 04, 2019
joyberry:
A woman in our base became a widow overnight when her husband of just three weeks died in an airstrike attack, Guess what she was just a few weeks pregnant.
She became a widow and about to be a single mom if the pregnancy gets to full term,i just shake my heads when people especially women beef single mothers,u dont knw their struggles or what happened with them.One will see her,a young woman in her early twenties with a baby, and just open their mouths and judge her without knowing what happened. Before judging people,be sure of what happened to them,take a mile in their steps.Life can be ironic and funny at times.Shalom
are u in Syria?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Nobodyperson: 2:33pm On May 04, 2019
MissRaine69:
So many single mothers but I am yet to hear of single fathers. That’s the hypocrisy of the society we live in.
Why should we men take care of a child we don't want?
Did we ask for it, We both enjoyed the sex and that's it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Nobodyperson: 2:33pm On May 04, 2019
Any woman that gives birth to a baby foolishly is on her own.
There's no law that says we men must stay, If she wants she can throw the child inside dustbin
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by CaptainMitch: 2:35pm On May 04, 2019
Hello beautiful
joyberry:
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MissRaine69(f): 2:37pm On May 04, 2019
Nobodyperson:

Why should we men take care of a child we don't want?
Did we ask for it, We both enjoyed the sex and that's it.
You’re the poster child for Birth Control.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Read The Facebook Posts By Killed AAU Girl To Her Guy That Got People Talking / OMG! Ogugua Is Single Again. / This Picture Of Twin Girls A Mother Shared Online Has Got People Talking!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.