Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer (17295 Views)

RCCG Pastor, Edet Effiong Eneh And Wife Celebrate 12th Wedding Anniversary / The Evil Mission Of Pastor Adeboye In Akwa Ibom State By Inibehe Effiong / Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by Quality20(m): 9:37pm On May 04, 2019
MyGeneration:

Its enforced on both Muslims and non Muslims in sharia States
. it's enforced also on dead xtians too
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by HBB1(m): 9:37pm On May 04, 2019
mu2sa2:
Or establish a "house of god", declare yourself "man of god", dish out heaven to whom you please, extort 10% neat from everyone, declare even underage children witches/wizards and bang all the married and unmarried fenale congregants. Perfectly legal. Why not, you are mightily anointed and, therefore, untouchable.

Are they forcing it down anybody's throat?
Or is the 'man of god' or pastorpreneur threatening to arrest anybody if they don't agree with him?
Oh the day the South will leave the cursed North, Oh the day...!

6 Likes

Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by zoedew: 9:39pm On May 04, 2019
adelee777:
This lawyer guy is trying to reason with Northern muslins using law and logic. Law and logic are alien to these people.

Truth, indeed, is that Islam takes no prisoners! If you are careless about maintaining your space (freedom of Worship) where you at and it takes root there it will deny you same! Europe was careless in maintaining its freedom Of Worship and other fundamental rights and Islam took root with the result that there are now communities there where unless you are Muslim you are not welcome! In the name of freedom of Worship they were welcome to practice what they believe only to turn around and insist on their religious practice even where it threatens to erode the culture and lifestyle of their hosts.
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by Cityguy: 9:40pm On May 04, 2019
Yusuf4:
Are you okay?
Will boys brigade come to you outside church premises to brigade?

Ignorance is bliss to some people. A christian was attacked in his shop in Kaduna sometime ago because they claimed he was eating during the ramadan. They tell you what you want to hear and do otherwise. It is all deception and those who are miles away just assume things go normal.

2 Likes

Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by AbuAeesha: 9:41pm On May 04, 2019
it clearly states that only muslims who did not observe the fasting is liable to arrest,so...
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by Sabaru21(m): 9:42pm On May 04, 2019
alizma:

in Kano, be you Muslim or Christian you dear not cook outside when they start the so call Ramadan. I was on field assignment in Kano in 2017, just when I felt it was time for me to eat, I asked to be shown any near by restaurant but I was shocked at the response I got. no restaurant was open around and when I asked why, I was told the muslims were fasting and replied, why should that be my problem but I was told that had been the norm in Kano once they start fasting. before I could speak further, people started sighting instance where some people were beating and there food taking from fire and thrown on the floor. on hearing that, I immediately understood I was not in the same Nigeria I thought I was.

thank you you call it norm, like wise i cannot go to central christain domain area and build a mosque and start calliing for prayers. Does the law prevent me? NO, just because the people of the area will not allow me.. So there are so many thing like this in Nigeria,...we are already divided...stop using one thing and attack Islam..
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:44pm On May 04, 2019
this is really a country
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by Sabaru21(m): 9:46pm On May 04, 2019
HBB1:

What evidence do have to support this?
Why does a Southerner have to be the one fighting this, why y'all keep mum.
I can't eat 'publicly' because you are fasting?
Religion of peace, my behind...rubbish!!!

can i come to ur area and build a mosque and start calling for prayers,and calling people to Islam? No am sure... Go and read the principles of Islam from the Quran and the meaning of the Quran from the Holy Prophet Muhammad SAW, and differentiate between the real Islam and what some muslims are doing...
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by Noss24: 9:47pm On May 04, 2019
Las Las Islam Na Scam.
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by HBB1(m): 9:47pm On May 04, 2019
Sabaru21:

thank you you call it norm, like wise i cannot go to central christain domain area and build a mosque and start calliing for prayers. Does the law prevent me? NO, just because the people of the area will not allow me.. So there are so many thing like this in Nigeria,...we are already divided...stop using one thing and attack Islam..

So if you build a mosque, they will attack you?!
You can't see evil and speak the truth.
Boko Haram will be the least you will get, if you all continue like this.

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by Sabaru21(m): 9:49pm On May 04, 2019
HBB1:

So if you build a mosque, they will attack you?!
You can't see evil and speak the truth.
Boko Haram will be the least you will get, if you all continue like this.

most southern towns and cities hv no mosque, because Muslims are not allow to build.
Wake up guy, we are divided
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by zoedew: 9:51pm On May 04, 2019
Sabaru21:

dont judge Islam by the action of some illetrate Muslims.
There is no way islam will support that.

Sad, but the truth is when the rubber hits the road Islam is an “either or” proposition! Where it is deeply rooted it makes no room for a competing belief system. To say otherwise is to push taqqiya which itself is the tool for advancing Islam unobtrusively. It is their fundamental right to practice what they believe and encourage others to subscribe to same but reprehensible to prevent other faiths from doing so! It imports a necessary and continuous contestation.
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by HBB1(m): 9:51pm On May 04, 2019
Sabaru21:

can i come to ur area and build a mosque and start calling for prayers,and calling people to Islam? No am sure... Go and read the principles of Islam from the Quran and the meaning of the Quran from the Holy Prophet Muhammad SAW, and differentiate between the real Islam and what some muslims are doing...

If you build a Mosque, what will happen? You will be attacked or the Mosque will be burnt?
It seems that the real Muslims are like 1% then, Cos the Northern Nigerian Muslims and the Arabs are not real Muslims.
Mind you the other 'real' Muslims are just biding their time till they become a majority before they start showing their true colour!!!
Islam will be the end of the world

3 Likes

Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by HBB1(m): 9:53pm On May 04, 2019
Sabaru21:

most southern towns and cities hv no mosque, because Muslims are not allow to build.

you Lie bruv!

4 Likes

Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by Sabaru21(m): 9:56pm On May 04, 2019
HBB1:

If you build a Mosque, what will happen? You will be attacked or the Mosque will be burnt?
It seems that the real Muslims are like 1% then, Cos the Northern Nigerian Muslims and the Arabs are not real Muslims.
Mind you the other 'real' Muslims are just biding their time till they become a majority before they start showing their true colour!!!
Islam will be the end of the world

like i said they will not even allow you to build period.

Islam is the authentic religion and have a documented message trace back to 1440 years ago. If the religion survived that period, with all people fighting it, people like you will keep wasting their time

Islam my Religion
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by HBB1(m): 9:56pm On May 04, 2019
zoedew:

Truth, indeed, is that Islam takes no prisoners! If you are careless about maintaining your space (freedom of Worship) where you at and it takes root there it will deny you same! Europe was careless in maintaining its freedom Of Worship and other fundamental rights and Islam took root with the result that there are now communities there where unless you are Muslim you are not welcome! In the name of freedom of Worship they were welcome to practice what they believe only to turn around and insist on their religious practice even where it threatens to erode the culture and lifestyle of their hosts.

That's how Jihad is-- if you are not a majority, you act with diplomacy, then when you are, you bring out the sword and subject everyone.
The West has made a mistake they will never recover from.

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by HBB1(m): 9:58pm On May 04, 2019
Sabaru21:

like i said they will not even allow you to build period.

Islam is the authentic religion and have a documented message trace back to 1440 years ago. If the religion survived that period, with all people fighting it, people like you will keep wasting their time

Islam my Religion

Liar! I am in the south and there are Mosques everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by zoedew: 9:59pm On May 04, 2019
Sabaru21:

Absolutely untrue! False! Ever being to Ebonyi State - Abakaliki et al? It is somewhere deep in the South-East where Islam thrives without let or hinderance. At its present rate of growth in sometime not far from now the Muslim Ummah there is set to rival the Christian throng. That is a proper society where you live and let live. I can bet that no sooner than Islam becomes the dominant religion in Ebonyi that it will come to pass that you dare not cook and eat in the open when Ramadan is ongoing! It should be Kano re-enacted! When Boko Haram came up the Sultan kept deathly quiet about condemning the terrorists for what they were and the Late but prominent Egba Muslim and SecGen to NSCIA Dr. Lateef Adegbite maintained they were not terrorists just because BH are Muslims and it should (ostensibly) be to the benefit of Islam if they overran Nigeria destroying Churches and hoisting the flag of The Crescent and Star at Aso Rock. When come came to become and BH went rabid destroying Mosques and killing Muslims we now had whimpering about how bad BH was!

3 Likes

Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by Sabaru21(m): 9:59pm On May 04, 2019
zoedew:

Sad, but the truth is when the rubber hits the road Islam is an “either or” proposition! Where it is deeply rooted it makes no room for a competing belief system. To say otherwise is to push taqqiya which itself is the tool for advancing Islam unobtrusively. It is their fundamental right to practice what they believe and encourage others to subscribe to same but reprehensible to prevent other faiths from doing so! It imports a necessary and continuous contestation.

lols Islam as i said doesnot support anything as such, you only read from non muslims writeups and conclude, go and read from islam scholars and compare it with non muslims write ups.

So many people claim to be muslims but to us we dont see them as muslims, so dont judge wat they do as islam
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by Edyice: 9:59pm On May 04, 2019
Khaleell001:

Islām is a big problem for those who are ignorant of it's rules.

And Muslim are killing for six or more virgin grin

Who kill innocent people for virgin , reward or some profit

Check around the world and see what Muslim have cursed ..
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by Sabaru21(m): 10:00pm On May 04, 2019
HBB1:

easy to say lol but contrary
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by Sabaru21(m): 10:01pm On May 04, 2019
HBB1:

easy to say lol but contrary
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by Sabaru21(m): 10:03pm On May 04, 2019
zoedew:

Absolutely untrue! False! Ever being to Ebonyi State - Abakaliki et al? It is somewhere deep in the South-East where Islam thrives without let or hinderance. At its present rate of growth in sometime not far from now the Muslim Ummah there is set to rival the Christian throng. That is a proper society where you live and let live. I can bet that no sooner than Islam becomes the dominant religion in Ebonyi that it will come to pass that you dare not cook and eat in the open when Ramadan is ongoing! It should be Kano re-enacted! When

in some areas they allow but in some they didnt

why are you shouting about eating during ramadan? Its the norm in kano state and you are busy in Ebonyi shouting.

Pls go to bed
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by Freshbaba95(m): 10:06pm On May 04, 2019
Imstrong2:
So long as the enforcement is mainly on Muslims don't see anything wrong just like the boys brigade for Christian

Can boys brigade arrest you? Their duty no pass inside church, and there are limits

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by LLobiorah: 10:14pm On May 04, 2019
zoedew:

Absolutely untrue! False! Ever being to Ebonyi State - Abakaliki et al? It is somewhere deep in the South-East where Islam thrives without let or hinderance. At its present rate of growth in sometime not far from now the Muslim Ummah there is set to rival the Christian throng. That is a proper society where you live and let live. I can bet that no sooner than Islam becomes the dominant religion in Ebonyi that it will come to pass that you dare not cook and eat in the open when Ramadan is ongoing! It should be Kano re-enacted! When Boko Haram came up the Sultan kept deathly quiet about condemning the terrorists for what they were and the Late but prominent Egba Muslim and SecGen to NSCIA Dr. Lateef Adegbite maintained they were not terrorists just because BH are Muslims and it should (ostensibly) be to the benefit of Islam if they overran Nigeria destroying Churches and hoisting the flag of The Crescent and Star at Aso Rock. When come came to become and BH went rabid destroying Mosques and killing Muslims we now had whimpering about how bad BH was!

First and foremost, Islam is taking no root in Ebonyi state. That some guys decided to join Islam, doesn't mean that the whole lot of ebonyians are now following the trend. You guys purveying and pushing this ugly agenda and doctored reports that Islam has taking over ebonyi, should for sense of dignity, respect your lying tongues.

And I'll bet you till your grey hairs, Ebonyians would decide which religion to follow. And last of it, would be Islam! Dem never do their traditional religion finish, nah Islam.

Lekwa GI, Lee ikpo Isi ala!

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by LLobiorah: 10:16pm On May 04, 2019
zoedew:

First and foremost, Islam is taking no root in Ebonyi state. That some guys decided to join Islam, doesn't mean that the lot of ebonyians are now following the trend. You guys purveying and pushing this ugly agenda and doctored reports that Islam has taking over ebonyi, should for sense of dignity, respect your lying tongues.

And I'll bet you till your grey hairs, Ebonyians would decide which religion to follow. And last of it, would be Islam! Dem never do their traditional religion finish, nah Islam.

Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by zoedew: 10:16pm On May 04, 2019
Sabaru21:

lols Islam as i said doesnot support anything as such, you only read from non muslims writeups and conclude, go and read from islam scholars and compare it with non muslims write ups.

So many people claim to be muslims but to us we dont see them as muslims, so dont judge wat they do as islam

But why do Muslims who think and speak as you do not rise to stridently condemn such acts? I have Muslim blood relatives, close friends, professional colleagues and neighbors who know these realities but are hard put to admit them or act as desirable in all the circumstances. Some Muslims I know secretly subscribe to Christianity but fear to show so openly for fear of their lives! They find themselves between the rock and the hard place! Not good!

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by Sabaru21(m): 10:21pm On May 04, 2019
zoedew:

But why do Muslims who think and speak as you do not rise to stridently condemn such acts? I have Muslim blood relatives, close friends, professional colleagues and neighbors who know these realities but are hard put to admit them or act as desirable in all the circumstances. Some Muslims I know secretly subscribe to Christianity but fear to show so openly for fear of their lives! They find themselves between the rock and the hard place! Not good!

answer is Fear, and you already said it. Thanks
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by zoedew: 10:21pm On May 04, 2019
LLobiorah:

First and foremost, Islam is taking no root in Ebonyi state. That some guys decided to join Islam, doesn't mean that the lot of ebonyians are now following the trend. You guys purveying and pushing this ugly agenda and doctored reports that Islam has taking over ebonyi, should for sense of dignity, respect your lying tongues.

My friend, the individual choice of the typical Ebonyian to freely choose which belief system to subscribe to must be respected. My take remains that Muslims whether up north or down south must let others freely practice the faith of their choice just as they have the freedom to do in Ebonyi where they freely proselytise! On the growth of Islam in Ebonyi I can only tell you that the thing speaks for itself! That you refuse, omit and or neglect to move from your position does not disturb ongoing motion around where you at.
Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by HBB1(m): 10:21pm On May 04, 2019
Sabaru21:

in some areas they allow but in some they didnt

why are you shouting about eating during ramadan? Its the norm in kano state and you are busy in Ebonyi shouting.

Pls go to bed

Have you forgotten Nigeria is a secular nation and Kano is a secular state.
Its obvious your intolerance is simmering just under your practised, calm exterior.
When push comes to shove, you will show your true colour

2 Likes

Re: Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer by asiga(m): 10:21pm On May 04, 2019
Is it by force?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dunamis Church Donates Relief Materials To IDPs Camps In Plateau State (Photos) / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. / Sites To Download Gospel Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.