Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? (4007 Views)

Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends / Should A Woman Be Bothered About Not Being Good In Bed? / Can Your Woman Be More Curvy And Sexy Than This Lady? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Sandrazima(f): 8:14pm On May 10, 2019
The culture of women cooking and doing house chores was created at a time when women didn't work and just stayed at home all day as their husbands brought home food and money. Now that women also bring home money why should they be the ones to cook and do chores?

Why should a woman go to work, get home in the evening and still be the one to cook and clean the house while her husband who did the same amount of work as she just sits and relaxes? I think men should also cook and do house work.

5 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by lilmax(m): 8:19pm On May 10, 2019
because you're a wife, that's your first job

solution: get married to a man you can tell this crap to or don't get married....

15 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Mariangeles(f): 8:20pm On May 10, 2019
Sandrazima:
The culture of women cooking and doing house chores was created at a time when women didn't work and just stayed at home all day as their husbands brought home food and money. Now that women also bring home money why should they be the ones to cook and do chores?

Why should a woman go to work, get home in the evening and still be the one to cook and clean the house while her husband who did the same amount of work as she just sits and relaxes? I think men should also cook and do house work.
Someone is venting...
Who pissed you off ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 10, 2019
Well said. Now ask yourself why your Father loves your Mother's cooking. Since Modern women are now rejecting their primary responsibilities ,what u should know is that the result would be less Men wanting marriage because most Women are no longer Women , they are now Womxn.......

Abi why should a reasonable Man get married when his wife is too useless to cook and clean. No b say d money wey she dey earn she dey give am oo. Na ontop dress + cosmetics she dey spend am fah. Why marry when d modern woman no longer wants to function as a Woman because she don dey earn d same salary as d Guy, she believe say she no need perform her wifey duties again ........

Am sooo Loving this. Keep it up OP

11 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Tallesty1(m): 8:26pm On May 10, 2019
The door is always open for you to walk out if you're tired.
UyaiIncomparabl:
This is so spot on, OP. Don't mind these misogynists. Their double standards are just so nauseating. All that I know is, I won't kill myself to please a man neither will I tear my skull because I want to show support in the home. This is why women should set standards for themselves. I'm very attracted to homely and family oriented guys, for me, if he can't cook or do basic chores and even match my sanity or atleast help to maintain the cleanliness around the home, then I'm just so getting outy!

Don't marry men who will see chores as a taboo because society says their gender is kingly and then we should treat them like eggs, sorry, you don jam one chance. They will always say 'you can't tell a man to do chores'.. How so stupid that sounds! It's also same way you can't tell a woman to provide. You all will expect us to share bills, do all the chores, be submissive 100%, do not counter your opinions, cheat and tell us that 'Men are polygamous in nature' and expect to carry on like our lives revolve around you all.

Blurdy misogynists and sexists!
Take away kids and money from the table, and see that you all really have nothing to offer.
Where did they even evolve from? I wonder.
Until women start voicing out, these sexists will not give us peace!

I just have to put this here for those that still have sense.

See, don't think because you bring in a couple bills in a marriage means a man will share equal part in domestic chores. If you want equal share in domestic chores because you are making a few squids then we really need to go back to the foundation share everything equally.

1. You see this house, I bought the land I built it on and I will show you the documents of the land, receipts of everything I own in the house and cost of building the house. You're going to bring 50% of the whole thing before you can move in with me. Alternatively, we can jointly build a new apartment where we will move in after marriage.

2. After that, I will give you the total expenses for making you my wife. After you pay your 50%, we will then start planning to live our 50% married life.

3. Doing domestic chores is no problem, thank God my work gives time for it so no problem here.

4. The only thing you can do which I can't contribute my 50% is pregnancy and childbirth but there's a solution it. I won't get you pregnant. Simple, the pressure is on you not me and if you trouble me, I will just give you two conditions. It's either I get you pregnant and you take care of it yourself as a mother while I provide the necessary support as a father or you give me your boobs, vagina and womb and I will take care of it myself.

5. When robbers knock on the door at night. You and I are going to get the door, side by side. Nobody stays in the front or behind.

You guys enjoy patriarchy when it favors you but we have to put a stop to that. I love 50/50 married life.

18 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by masterfactor(m): 8:27pm On May 10, 2019
You can ask the Almighty God, he will be in a better position to answer your question.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by masterfactor(m): 8:27pm On May 10, 2019
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Sandrazima(f): 8:28pm On May 10, 2019
Tallesty1:
The door is always open for you to work out if you're tired.

I'm not married yet. I'm just of the opinion that if I get married my husband should also cook and do chores and not just me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Tallesty1(m): 8:31pm On May 10, 2019
Sandrazima:

I'm not married yet. I'm just of the opinion that if I get married my husband should also cook and do chores and not just me.
OK....

You can achieve what you want in few easy steps.

1. Make your money. Lots of it

2. Build your own house.

3. Get your own car.

4. Ask for a man's hand in marriage.

5. Collect list and do the traditional marriage and wedding.

He will never complain of doing all the chores

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Sandrazima(f): 8:31pm On May 10, 2019
lilmax:
because you're a wife, that's your first job

solution: get married to a man you can tell this crap to or don't get married....

How is cooking and doing chores my job? Where is it written that it's solely a woman's job to cook and do chores?

3 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Adonko(m): 8:39pm On May 10, 2019
This is my opinion on this there are some things designed by nature that cannot just be changed overnight.

Let me relate this with this nature given example :

When you set a goal post at each end of a football pitch and you bring in teenagers who are of the age to kick football on the pitch and you throw a ball at the middle automatically you will see some running to the back to defend, some will argue with others concerning who will take charge as the goal keeper and others will just want to be in the midfield and others just love to strike the ball..these positions they are clamouring for was provided to them by nature.
Nobody choose it for them.
The truth is you can't cheat nature by default after returning from an outing or a farm by a man and a woman and they both look tiring you will still see the woman tending towards the kitchen .

If you don't have this instincts am sorry you are neither a man nor a woman .

11 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:58pm On May 10, 2019
This is so spot on, OP. Don't mind these misogynists. Their double standards are just so nauseating. All that I know is, I won't kill myself to please a man neither will I tear my skull because I want to show support in the home. This is why women should set standards for themselves. I'm very attracted to homely and family oriented guys, for me, if he can't cook or do basic chores and even match my sanity or atleast help to maintain the cleanliness around the home, then I'm just so getting outy!

Don't marry men who will see chores as a taboo because society says their gender is kingly and then we should treat them like eggs, sorry, you don jam one chance. They will always say 'you can't tell a man to do chores'.. How so stupid that sounds! It's also same way you can't tell a woman to provide. You all will expect us to share bills, do all the chores, be submissive 100%, do not counter your opinions, cheat and tell us that 'Men are polygamous in nature' and expect us to carry on like our lives revolves around you all.

Take away kids and money from the table, and see that you all really have nothing to offer.

11 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by fykes(m): 9:07pm On May 10, 2019
First of all marriage is for adults. I also support the school of thought that marriage is not for everyone, because some get old but never grow up.
Marriage is not a dating or romantic affairs were u give and take and worry about what the other person is giving or not.it can only be enjoyed by two unrepentant and unexpectant givers.
Cooking for ur man and keeping ur house tidy n neat should be the joy of every adult woman seeking companionship.
But then, in as much as I haven't or don't even know how to cook, my wife has never done laundries or fix anything let alone go to the mechanic since we got together. I love washing, she loves cooking, and we are loving our lives together. Why it shouldn't be a problem what one does, it will be well for the other to compliment and help somehow.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by fykes(m): 9:11pm On May 10, 2019
Sandrazima:

How is cooking and doing chores my job? Where is it written that it's solely a woman's job to cook and do chores?
Herein lays the matter for u- you are not married...why not till u are ready, then u will know that work or money or any other thing u think u have can't compare to keeping a good man happy
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by loswhite(m): 9:38pm On May 10, 2019
Sandrazima:

lol....don't think just look for the man that will accept to share house chores with you... Idiot

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by loswhite(m): 9:40pm On May 10, 2019
Sandrazima:

lol...keep your opinion to urself ok....when you see the man you want to propose to just give him the time table for house chores

5 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by loswhite(m): 9:42pm On May 10, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Don't marry men who will see chores as a taboo because society says their gender is kingly and then we should treat them like eggs, sorry, you don jam one chance. They will always say 'you can't tell a man to do chores'.. How so stupid that sounds! It's also same way you can't tell a woman to provide. You all will expect us to share bills, do all the chores, be submissive 100%, do not counter your opinions, cheat and tell us that 'Men are polygamous in nature' and expect to carry on like our lives revolve around you all.

marriage is not for everyone....you can just stay without getting married plus you can have kids too so don't break ur head for a man ok

9 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by aytuns(m): 9:56pm On May 10, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Are you married?
if No, please until you've changed your ideology, stay away from men.

if yes... damn, that man is in trouble

5 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Oshin56(m): 10:14pm On May 10, 2019
I will reserve my comment until you Can do this two things walk to a man tell him you love him and you want to marry him after he have accept go to his parent and pay his groom price if God help you and are through with this I will now comment

2 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:15pm On May 10, 2019
aytuns:

Are you married?
if No, please until you've changed your ideology, stay away from men.

if yes... damn, that man is in trouble

God save you say you no even dey close to me, the kind blow wey I for land you for that your mouth wey dey run like bike so ehn, Oboy you go reset to default.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:16pm On May 10, 2019
loswhite:
marriage is not for everyone....you can just stay without getting married plus you can have kids too so don't break ur head for a man ok

Nice speech.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by ranmoor: 10:26pm On May 10, 2019
I think education really brings a lot of confusion for most young ones in Naija... you will have to choose one; western culture or African culture.. Marriage in western world is about 2 equal ppl agreeing to live together.
In Naija culture, it's about a man acquiring a 'property', that is why the man has to pay through his nose to get married. So the man dictate the tone. Even your religions encourage this concept.

U want a change? Simple. Swap roles. Propose to him,go to his family for intro. Collect the list. Do the needful....
Stop using western culture when it's comfortable.. use it holistically..

16 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Mace0lane: 10:30pm On May 10, 2019
Tallesty1:
OK....

You can achieve what you want in few easy steps.

1. Make your money. Lost of it

2. Build your own house.

3. Get your own car.

4. Ask for a man's hand in marriage.

5. Collect list and do the traditional marriage and wedding.

He will never complain of doing all the chores
Sandrazima:
This is the answer u should be looking for.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:40pm On May 10, 2019
It's African mentality my dear. But there's nothing wrong with men doing house chores tho not all the time. For me I like to cook it's one of my hobby
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Mariangeles(f): 11:21pm On May 10, 2019
fykes:
First of all marriage is for adults. I also support the school of thought that marriage is not for everyone, because some get old but never grow up.
Marriage is not a dating or romantic affairs were u give and take and worry about what the other person is giving or not.it can only be enjoyed by two unrepentant and unexpectant givers.
Cooking for ur man and keeping ur house tidy n neat should be the joy of every adult woman seeking companionship.
But then, in as much as I haven't or don't even know how to cook, my wife has never done laundries or fix anything let alone go to the mechanic since we got together. I love washing, she loves cooking, and we are loving our lives together. Why it shouldn't be a problem what one does, it will be well for the other to compliment and help somehow.
Well put.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:03am On May 11, 2019
ranmoor:
I think education really brings a lot of confusion for most young ones in Naija... you will have to choose one; western culture or African culture.. Marriage in western world is about 2 equal ppl agreeing to live together.
In Naija culture, it's about a man acquiring a 'property', that is why the man has to pay through his nose to get married. So the man dictate the tone. Even your religions encourage this concept.

U want a change? Simple. Swap roles. Propose to him,go to his family for intro. Collect the list. Do the needful....
Stop using western culture when it's comfortable.. use it holistically..

Gbam!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:57am On May 11, 2019
Sandrazima:

good question

but you have to look at the bigger picture

as much as we have more women working than before it doesnt mean the old tradition of roles will just die like that

lets look into 1st world countries, the laws of divorce still favour the woman if she was just a house wife meaning, those roles you are trying to question are still being supported indirectly by law

so the role within culture and tradition it still expect the wife to cook whether she works or not

now its up to individuals to divide roles and they wish in their marriage without the influence of how their were raised or the culture and tradition around them, they should start something thats works for them, than following culture and tradition

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by ubunja(m): 2:37am On May 11, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

well if cooking for someone you claim you love with all your heart is misogyny, then I wonder what you call someone who rapes and kills you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by anonymuz(m): 3:03am On May 11, 2019
You will still get tired of being a feminist. Well Shiloh is always open for you people.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Nobody: 4:17am On May 11, 2019
"if she earns well" She doesn't need to do all the cooking alone, if is not a mumu, only a parasitic woman is use like a slave with no choice
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:36am On May 11, 2019
It's an African belief, a backward outdated kind of lifestyle. House chores and cooking is supposed to be shared by couples in this modern era, if both are working class. Gradually, the tables will turn, probably in few decades time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

+18 Ghanaian Singer, Nafisah Avugah Pulls Pants During Her Concert (pics+video) / Man Revealed: Mum Francis Open Her Bo*bs On Twitter Ask For Men To Book Her. / Most Of Nairaland Boys Are Nothing But Heart Breakers And Liars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.