Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,130 members, 7,835,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada (78424 Views)

Man Reveals Harsh Living Conditions Of Asylum Seekers In Portugal (video) / German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps / 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:29pm On May 11, 2019
Yet some people will say half bread is better than none as if they wear the same shoes with the person. That is a great decision you made

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Emmasnoop(m): 7:29pm On May 11, 2019
100% good choice, Nigeria is a useless country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Korllami007: 7:30pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
have you heard of gun violence in the western world?There are evil everywhere bro. Nothing will make me leave this country if I earn 1million monthly
Don't worry ritualists will show you pepper grin grin grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Johnnyessence(m): 7:30pm On May 11, 2019
Hmmmmm. naija politicians dey frustrate person oo.
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by JudasNaCarrot: 7:31pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
have you heard of gun violence in the western world?There are evil everywhere bro. Nothing will make me leave this country if I earn 1million monthly
Even with one million salary you'll quickly look for ways to relocate.

What do you think that kind of money is in this country, especially now that the satanic and evil APC have turned our dear country to the world's poorest.

Think like person naaa!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by yinkeys(m): 7:32pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
Supper story. With that kind of money,you can live the best life ever,afford the best health care and give your children the best right here in Nigeria. The guy to me is very mayopic.
All he needs to do is to invest well or start up his own company.
With far less tax to pay
Nothing wrong with kids going there for holidays and tertiary education
To be honest the guy just seems bored of his environs and wants to stay in somewhere sane for a while. I give him 20 years in the winter, he sure would want to come back. Humans, we just keep wandering

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Mcslize: 7:32pm On May 11, 2019
Amanee:
If I have the opportunity to afford the move too, I will

Naija no follow

Your destiny is in your hands. The opportunity will never come if you don't create it yourself. Make the most out of what you want from this life.

Plan and make the move if you can.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by FastShipping: 7:33pm On May 11, 2019
He's spot on.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Grupo(m): 7:33pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
Supper story. With that kind of money,you can live the best life ever,afford the best health care and give your children the best right here in Nigeria. The guy to me is very mayopic.

Invest in what, if I may ask!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Gozzzy(m): 7:33pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
See this one talking!!!! Try and get that kind of money, in Nigeria... You'll be fearing both armed robbers and kidnappers, every blessed day!!!! Nigeria isn't good to reside when you are poor, and it's as sure as hell, not good to reside when you are rich...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Queenboy123(m): 7:34pm On May 11, 2019
azraeljaheel:

Your faro fish brain ... tongue
You dey even get mouth talk
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by abukuru(m): 7:35pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:

Poverty

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by haywhy009(m): 7:35pm On May 11, 2019
Nigeria no follow truly, but no place like home. He can stay over there and gunmen can do their sh!t.
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Mcslize: 7:36pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:

Read what the man wrote again. Security issue. If you have the money here in Nigeria, rest assured you can't enjoy it due to security issues.

When you drive the best car, all eyes will be on you. They will trace you to your house and give you the shock of your life.

Go back and read the post one more time.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Sinavaramini: 7:36pm On May 11, 2019
This sounds like you just got into Canada, could you please give us update after 3 months (90 days), this time-frame is when reality starts setting in, some of us got this feeling and took same steps you just taken, some are now Degree-Holder Taxi Drivers or Factory Worker, reasoning being that its not easy here as you just painted, you might have stack up Naira that you will fall back to but I tell you, with the kind of exchange rate, that one will finish in few weeks. Please don't run away from here, come back to tell us your story so that others will learn
ikewaterwater:
A Nigerian man took took to Twitter, to reveal why he dumped his million Naira paying job at a Multinational Company to relocate to Canada. 

According to the Nigerian man, after he dumped his million Naira paying job to relocate to Canada, the secretary he gave his resignation letter looked at him like a mad man and his wife was also against it. He however revealed that it was the best decision he made. 

Read his tweets below; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/11/nigerian-man-reveals-why-he-dumped-his-million-paying-job-to-relocate-to-canada/

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 11, 2019
Goodluck to him and I hope he doesn't regret that move later.
He could have sent his kids to school abroad and stayed put to keep his good job.
Well, inadequate security in Nigeria is another big point he made.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by lastmessenger: 7:39pm On May 11, 2019
abukuru:

Poverty
na you be poverty

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by deepwater(f): 7:41pm On May 11, 2019
Oga wetin you dey work for kanada

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by oglalasioux(m): 7:41pm On May 11, 2019
Best decision.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Mcslize: 7:41pm On May 11, 2019
Sinavaramini:
This sounds like you just got into Canada, could you please give us update after 3 months (90 days), this time-frame is when reality starts setting in, some of us got this feeling and took same steps you just taken, some are now Degree-Holder Taxi Drivers or Factory Worker, reasoning being that its not easy here as you just painted, you might have stack up Naira that you will fall back to but I tell you, with the kind of exchange rate, that one will finish in few weeks. Please don't run away from here, come back to tell us your story so that others will learn

Go and read through the Canada thread. People are doing well over there. Real professionals. Life is not easy. You make the most out of it as you want it. They don't pluck money abroad but you get the value for whatever labour you put in. The writer might already be working gain fully don't you think so?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by gr8tsuccess: 7:42pm On May 11, 2019
Best decision

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by ugonology(m): 7:42pm On May 11, 2019
You will never know how messed up Nigeria is until:

1) you have a police case and require the services of security personnels.

2) you fall sick from an illness that is neither malaria or typhoid.

3) you graduate from University and begin job hunting.

4)you have a court case with a politician or highly placed personality.

5) when you drive from Lagos to Kano and will have to budget a bribe of 10,000 naira to share to police, SARS, NDLEA, ARMY, MOPOL, civil defense, and vigilante.

6) when you carry an accident victim to a hospital and you are arrested as suspect or forced to pay before the victim receives even first aid

7) when Abdullahi, Mohammed or one of his northern brothers decide to kidnap you, your wife or relative, around kaduna-abuja road and you are forced to pay all those millions on which your confidence is built as ransom to some illiterate bandits overnight!

cool When Kunle, femi or one of his southwestern brothers finally lay their hands on your old mothers sensitive banking information, and wipe out her life's saving in less than a minute!

9) Or finally, when chukwudi from onitsha sells you repackaged expired drugs, fake lucozade boost, even manually corked bottled water to take the fake drugs...and when you complain of complications, he refers you to Ikechukwu his brother to give you a more potent expired animal drug...

Friends, it's easy to sit in a beer parlour, eating isi-ewu, cat fish and pepper soup with cold bottles of drinks in the company of emotionally broken girls and feel Nigeria is the bomb!!! Many of us don't even realize our average life expectancy has droped to 53.4 (the lowest in west africa) we have become the poverty capital of the world, all our refineries are performing below 25%
in efficiency, we are Africa's largest market yet our youths are unemployed, our constitution was drafted like a slave trade receipt, so unity is more important than justice! Nigeria is joke.

The dude made the best decision in his life (especially for his kids) to leave this country...what is one million naira without basic amenities in place?
If you ever get the opportunity to leave....please, don't give your village people a chance.

86 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
Best health yet you visit hospital on daily basis to cure an ailment that refuse to go because of poor environment.
Having the best cars but visiting mechanics on weekly basis
Reporting a crime to the police yet not getting response
What is so special about this country?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by sole26: 7:43pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
Aks ur self, are u save where u are in this country right now? L This alone is OK to make u move comot.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by rattlesnake(m): 7:44pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
u must be joking..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Korllami007: 7:44pm On May 11, 2019
Sinavaramini:

Abeg I don't know what you are trying to say. You want him to leave until arm robbers steal all his resources and kill all his family before he relocates abi.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by falopey: 7:44pm On May 11, 2019
When I got to the US, I felt like I just wasted all the years I spent growing up in Nigeria. I wished I was born in the US. I see how kids grow up here. Growing up in Nigeria is such a boring phenomenon

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by emerged01(m): 7:45pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
You are very right but security in this part of the world is worrisome. Especially kidnapping stuff....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by seangy4konji: 7:46pm On May 11, 2019
if i get another chance to move nowI hav no reason to come back...absolutely no reason.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos / Bus Conductor Sanitizes Passengers Before Boarding Danfo Bus (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.