Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,169 members, 7,835,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada (78441 Views)

Man Reveals Harsh Living Conditions Of Asylum Seekers In Portugal (video) / German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps / 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Vikky014(f): 9:33pm On May 11, 2019
@Areafada2 dont mind them,some people are tôo myopic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 11, 2019
Vikky014:
seriously u r so daft to think dt u can cajole me into telling u hw much i earn,I just pray that you get kidnapped one day and pay a ransom of 5million till then keep ur rich mentality to urslf??

Ma'am, I already know your range. You can't be this backward thinking & earning well, It's not possible. You're probably a student or serving.

You cannot have a Negative mind & have a positive life, it doesn't work that way.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Grupo(m): 9:34pm On May 11, 2019
truthsayer009:

Bro, please who in Canada makes 3k after tax in space of 1 year or 2. Please let me know & i will proud send $200 to the person as a gift.

The argument here is not who makes $3k in a month in Canada. Rather, the issue is: can a person do all the poster I quoted wrote with just $3k?
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by fjjc(m): 9:35pm On May 11, 2019
ikewaterwater:
A Nigerian man took took to Twitter, to reveal why he dumped his million Naira paying job at a Multinational Company to relocate to Canada. 

According to the Nigerian man, after he dumped his million Naira paying job to relocate to Canada, the secretary he gave his resignation letter looked at him like a mad man and his wife was also against it. He however revealed that it was the best decision he made. 

Read his tweets below; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/11/nigerian-man-reveals-why-he-dumped-his-million-paying-job-to-relocate-to-canada/

That is it my brother, the more you earn, the more you have to be fearful for your life. Nigeria is a pathetic country, that is the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 11, 2019
Grupo:

The argument here is not who makes $3k in a month in Canada. Rather, the issue is: can a person do all the poster I quoted wrote with just $3k?

Oh Okay, Just re-read it again. Ofcourse NOT, enterprenuership Visa cannot be granted for his type na. Ontop 3k USD. Lai Lai

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by gbagyiza: 9:37pm On May 11, 2019
Tastemoney:
If I had such a high paying job, I won't move an inch out of Nigeria.
I Will invest for my kids here

It is the same Nigerians that will destroy your business or poor government policies will bring it down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by CanadaOrBust: 9:37pm On May 11, 2019
rattlesnake:
This Canada of a thing

CANADA OR BUST

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 11, 2019
madridsta007:

It has never been this bad post 1984 and of recent, post-1999. We can deceive ourselves how much we want but of course we know this is an obvious fact.

A fast depleting middle class leads to the eventual collapse of any nation. Again, this is a simple fact which we can pretend about if we want to.
When some of us screamed from the rooftops about the looming danger of allowing Buhari and his evil cohort anywhere near the presidency, some misguided elements drowned our voices.

The future looks very bleak if Buhari is allowed a second term. Now we can only hope against hope that the Supreme Court would salvage the situation and rescue Nigeria. You have no idea how much gloom and doom lies ahead - if God doesn't intervene in this matter. With Buhari in the saddle Nigeria would be the most miserable place on earth by the next few years.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by suyamasta(m): 9:41pm On May 11, 2019
Sadly true! The thing wey pain me pass na the way We Nigerians no just serious about wetin we want for we country and how we want our future to be we just d accept rubbish in the name of survival!
I swear d tin d make me want cry.......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by BrotherBlood1: 9:42pm On May 11, 2019
Truth be told. There is NO HOPE in this cursed country called Nigeria. I've known this since 1999. If you think Nigeria will change, you are O.Y.O. I'm also getting ready to go to Canada.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by lastmessenger: 9:43pm On May 11, 2019
gbagyiza:

Bro I pray for you to get to that point, then, u will understand what this guy is saying. Start up a company where the same people will run it down for u or it will go down because of unfavourable policies of d land.
let me tell you the problem with most of us. We stay in houses and make up stories on how bad things are and how things will work against us. The truth is there are people who has started companies, built it and it succeeded.
Tell me how innoson,tonimas,ibeto,tony elumelu made their money? Have they all been kidnapped and killed like you all are suggesting. These guys started from nothing and today they have made it and they are alive and well.
I have lived 3 decades in this country and only once did I find myself close to a robbery scene. Mind you I did not see the thief,they robbed a bank close to the office I was inside

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by generationz(f): 9:43pm On May 11, 2019
truthsayer009:
This story has too many faults.

like?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by wristbangle: 9:44pm On May 11, 2019
He made the right decision.

Though for me, I would invest to make more money and when my children finish secondary school, all of them will school, work and marry overseas.
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by lastmessenger: 9:45pm On May 11, 2019
obiekunie1:

you knw absolutely nothing about getting small change in your hand in this coutry talkless of getting small million for hand!

the more money you have in Nigeria the more terrifying the country becomes to you and your family!

so many evil people in this hell hole! so many evil people in government! so many evil people in the security! so many evil things happening in this country every day!

am just hustling to get to the mega level when i can afford to buy house in either Canada, Norway or Germany - then i will just do that and relocate my immediate and closer extended family out of this hell hole - then i will be going to visit and spend months wit them while i control things here - knowing fully well that if anything happen to me they can live comfortably and safe over there.

i will warn them never to pay for any ransom on my head - no mourn if anything happen to me cause my joy is in knowing they are safe were they are!

WHOSOEVER IS HOPING THAT THIS COUNTRY WILL BE GOOD IN THE NEXT 30 YEARS SHOULD GO GET HIS OR HER HEAD CHECKED. IT HAS BEEN HELL FOR 54 YEARS NOW WHAT MADE YOU THINK IT WILL BE GOOD IN ANOTHER 50 YEARS!

bleeped UP HELL HOLE!
goodluck to you as you run away to your safe Haven

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by generationz(f): 9:45pm On May 11, 2019
fecta:

I live abroad and if i had to choose again i will still relocate.

i wrote Jamb twice and got 255 and 267 respectively but still was not admitted, and one guy will get 120 and enter because of connection.

Schools are begging for you to come over here.

And If it was that easy to start a successful company , everyone will be able to get jobs, no one will spend a huge chunk of their life to get a degree just to start hawking it around looking for jobs.

the only Good thing about Living in Nigeria is that it is hard to forget the love you have for Nigerians , that is why most of us still come back to Nairaland to read the latest new, thats why we wept when Buhari won the election.

Nigerians are the best but Electricity, Health Care, Education, Security e.t.c cant be compared to the one abroad

where do you stay?
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Ikennali01(m): 9:46pm On May 11, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Those problem u mentioned which are prevalent in Nigeria, find out well how much u pay for them abroad

Health care witout insurance is very expensive abroad, water bill too and many more re not cheap abroad. But over here in Niger we want them free of charge. Some pple ve never paid lite bill in their lives.

Healthcare is free in Canada.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 11, 2019
generationz:

like?

You would see where I argued with people here on this thread, I stated my reasons: https://www.nairaland.com/truthsayer009/posts
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by ABCthings: 9:50pm On May 11, 2019
Ikennali01:

Healthcare is free in Canada.
REALLY?
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by yinkeys(m): 9:51pm On May 11, 2019
Idaytesj29:

He should have kept his job and relocate his wife and kids. He can afford to travel there once a month. Many Nigerians do this. And by the time he is done with his career, he can return to Canada to finally be with his family.
This is another smart move too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by OSUigboKiller: 9:52pm On May 11, 2019
RemiTinubu:
cc
myńd44 lalasticlaIa ṣeun obinoscọpy oám4j
rule 2
Continue trolling
Na u go tire cheesy grin
tongue
tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Ikennali01(m): 9:57pm On May 11, 2019
truthsayer009:

Bro, please who in Canada makes 3k after tax in space of 1 year or 2. Please let me know & i will proud send $200 to the person as a gift.

How will you send my gift? And is it $200 per person?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Ikennali01(m): 9:59pm On May 11, 2019
ABCthings:
REALLY?

Yes, same reason why some Americans even migrate to Canada.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 11, 2019
Ikennali01:

How will you send my gift? And is it $200 per person?

Yes.
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by madridsta007(m): 10:08pm On May 11, 2019
elampiro:

I don't agree.

Everything is perspective and the line of business/career.

Like I’ve said and I will always say, we can pretend and deceive ourselves— there’s nothing illegal in doing so.

The reality however, isn’t pretentious. Sliding into the state of the world poverty capital has real implications to the middle class and the proletariats at the least. Being ranked the worst police in Africa has consequences like deaths from SARS. Being in the top 5 countries of the failed states index has real consequences like the deaths from herdsmen and banditry.

We can deceive ourselves if we want. However reality is reality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Goddys(m): 10:10pm On May 11, 2019
bigpicture001:

He is a very foolish man that is just fascinated by snow and fine environment....

Very rich persons in NIgeria has secured places where they live and there would b no security problem...lagos electricity has vastly improved...

Nigeria is a ground where you could grow money fastest..he simpky has a mentality of a paid job worker...he dies nit know that the whites has prigrammed their land tgat salary earners can ...NEVER be come very rich.......

I dont envy him...my guy that earns just 1.5 mill monthly has bought 3 lands ..has 15 enployees...visit the UK and US at will for holidays...nd live in a serene and posh environment in a GRA... ..

He has set up two very progressing firms ......

Please I really need a job. Recommending me to your friend would be great if he has an opening.

Some of us haven't dreamt of travelling. We just trying to survive naija way first
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Tapout(m): 10:10pm On May 11, 2019
fecta:

i wrote Jamb twice and got 255 and 267 respectively but still was not admitted, and one guy will get 120 and enter because of connection.

And If it was that easy to start a successful company , everyone will be able to get jobs, no one will spend a huge chunk of their life to get a degree just to start hawking it around looking for jobs.

the only Good thing about Living in Nigeria is that it is hard to forget the love you have for Nigerians , that is why most of us still come back to Nairaland to read the latest new, thats why we wept when Buhari won the election.

Nigerians are the best but Electricity, Health Care, Education, Security e.t.c cant be compared to the one abroad

Health care Especially cry

the only ish i have with the man is that he culd have relocated his family abroad and kept his job. but its his life tho, who am i to dictate how he should live it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Goddys(m): 10:13pm On May 11, 2019
Vikky014:
I dont even know the adjective i will use and qualify u and the people dt liked your comment!so u think a million Naira a month in Nigeria without safety of you and ur loved ones means anythingImagine u living in constant fear of being kidnappd in ur own country and u r here tlking about gun violence

Sometimes being poor is sweet cuz kidnappers will even be the one to give a poor man tfare to go back home at the end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by MrMou: 10:14pm On May 11, 2019
fecta:

We are not talking about people like you who were practically jobless in Nigeria. We're talking about someone who was earning millions of Nigeria monthly (a rich man) & abandoning that to relocate to a place where almost all your income goes to paying serious bills as you live from paycheck to paycheck!
The guy dey craze!

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos / Bus Conductor Sanitizes Passengers Before Boarding Danfo Bus (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.