Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,053 members, 7,835,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada (78416 Views)

Man Reveals Harsh Living Conditions Of Asylum Seekers In Portugal (video) / German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps / 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by VictorRomanov: 8:42pm On May 11, 2019
Tastemoney:
If I had such a high paying job, I won't move an inch out of Nigeria.
I Will invest for my kids here

Let's wait until you have it and we'll see.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 11, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
So that one niga will be helping him shine his wives Toto over there abi?

U wicked sha

You can't have your cake and eat it grin
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by sharpwriter(m): 8:45pm On May 11, 2019
Sinavaramini:
This sounds like you just got into Canada, could you please give us update after 3 months (90 days), this time-frame is when reality starts setting in, some of us got this feeling and took same steps you just taken, some are now Degree-Holder Taxi Drivers or Factory Worker, reasoning being that its not easy here as you just painted, you might have stack up Naira that you will fall back to but I tell you, with the kind of exchange rate, that one will finish in few weeks. Please don't run away from here, come back to tell us your story so that others will learn

But what about those who advice going back to school to get their own Canadian school certificate for eligibility in better paying jobs
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
[s]Supper story. With that kind of money,you can live the best life ever,afford the best health care and give your children the best right here in Nigeria. The guy to me is very mayopic.
All he needs to do is to invest well or start up his own company.[/s]

you knw absolutely nothing about getting small change in your hand in this coutry talkless of getting small million for hand!

the more money you have in Nigeria the more terrifying the country becomes to you and your family!

so many evil people in this hell hole! so many evil people in government! so many evil people in the security! so many evil things happening in this country every day!

am just hustling to get to the mega level when i can afford to buy house in either Canada, Norway or Germany - then i will just do that and relocate my immediate and closer extended family out of this hell hole - then i will be going to visit and spend months wit them while i control things here - knowing fully well that if anything happen to me they can live comfortably and safe over there.

i will warn them never to pay for any ransom on my head - no mourn if anything happen to me cause my joy is in knowing they are safe were they are!

WHOSOEVER IS HOPING THAT THIS COUNTRY WILL BE GOOD IN THE NEXT 30 YEARS SHOULD GO GET HIS OR HER HEAD CHECKED. IT HAS BEEN HELL FOR 54 YEARS NOW WHAT MADE YOU THINK IT WILL BE GOOD IN ANOTHER 50 YEARS!

bleeped UP HELL HOLE!

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Toks2008(m): 8:46pm On May 11, 2019
Tastemoney:
If I had such a high paying job, I won't move an inch out of Nigeria.
I Will invest for my kids here
Many people are so ignorant.

People make 5k to 10k Canadian dollar a month if they are well settled so what is 1m naira compared to that?

Cab drivers in U.S and U.K or even Canada make at least £3k a month which is about N1.5m.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by golddust6000(m): 8:51pm On May 11, 2019
truthsayer009:

You pay 100 Euros or 90 for Public & Private health care in Germany, Every month, I don't know why people keep saying Health Care is free. If you live in Germany for a year, you would have paid 1200 Euros for Health Insurance, that's almost 500k.

Even in Europe, 100 Euros is a lot of money.
dont mind idiot people they think is only them that live in Europe. In Europe nothing is free, I mean nothing is free. You pay for everything you get. Even in Switzerland you don't flush toilet after10pm, if you do you willpay penalty for that. They government give you money with the right hand and take it back from the left.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by uvie66: 8:51pm On May 11, 2019
bencynthgreat:
From what I'm reading here seems people over there don't die they live forever. The bros didn't tell us one or two things why he said it is d best decision. Him for yarn us small make we follow go live forever over there.
nonsensical talk, people in Nigeria die quicker due to armed robbery, kidnapping, road accidents, poor health care service etc

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Vikky014(f): 8:57pm On May 11, 2019
truthsayer009:

Who will Kidnap you when you don't flaunt your Wealth? If you earn 1M in Nigeria, you are good to go.
so those innocent travellers kidnapped by fulani herdsmen flaunted their wealth!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by blackprowler: 9:00pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
Supper story. With that kind of money,you can live the best life ever,afford the best health care and give your children the best right here in Nigeria. The guy to me is very mayopic.
All he needs to do is to invest well or start up his own company.

You think you know, but you don't know ANYTHING. Clearly you're one of the apes in this Nigerian jungle (or "zoo" as some call it) so you have no clue what life is all about and all seems well for you here if only you have a certain amount of money and material things.

I also left this jungle in desperation even though I also worked in a multinational and pay wasn't bad. Sadly I couldn't remain abroad legally and came back with nothing, to nothing. Dumbasses wanted me to regret but I am so proud of myself I made the effort to leave. If I die today, I will be happy I tried. The major reason why Nigeria is such a hell hole is that the savages that inhabit it are unaware of their pathetic life and woe betides anyone who tries to tell them so they can improve their ways. I'm really worried that these animals are joining decent people to runaway from this shithole country and as I've often said, in large enough numbers, Nigerians will DESTROY any country stupid enough to allow them in

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by lordtriplee(m): 9:01pm On May 11, 2019
Doesn't even write like someone that is well paid. Stupid bloggers will do anything to make up stories.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Lovelife433(m): 9:04pm On May 11, 2019
OSUigboKiller:
Hmm

If only you made use of your brain at all, you'd have comprehend well like a sensible fellow.
Let me come down to your level. What the guy is just trying to say is that, Nigeria is a frustrating place and no matter how much you have or make, you don't have rest of mind.
E.g
You can have 15 million naira in your account and kidnappers may kidnap you and start requesting for 20 million naira which may cost you change of life from grace to grass with 3 days...
i don't know u in person but u made my day, i will have buy u any choice of ur drink today for dis ur epic reply .dis is what i want to type until i come across dis ur sensible comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Grupo(m): 9:05pm On May 11, 2019
codecyan:
Different strokes for different folks. Canada is cool but the winter no be here.
In Nigeria, all issues the author wrote can be addressed if he really has the sacks load of cash he making.
For example, he could have signed up for armed security (army/policemen), buy a bullet proof vehicle, live in a gated estate where you won't have funny looking guys as neighbors, there are insurance plans you can sign up with for medical evacuation overseas of you and your family. There is almost no first world country without an residency plan that cannot be bought with money Canada, US, UK and so on, there are also countries you can buy their passports legitimately. So he could have gotten an entrepreneur visa for he and his family. Ship they off to the country of his choice and still keep his job. Thereafter, take an extended leave and see how the country is...cos the grass is not always green on the other side particularly if you have a job that pays serious money.

Nigeria might be a shit hole but it is much bearable if you have loads to cash.

All these on top ₦1 million which is just approximately $3k?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Vikky014(f): 9:07pm On May 11, 2019
truthsayer009:

1M Naira in one month without safety? Please where do you live. You people woth 80k salary will just be making noise.
So if u earn a million naira a month u will remain in an enclose??u wont travel??ur kids wont go to school,ur relatives will also stay in same location with youuse ur brain pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by oluwasegun007(m): 9:12pm On May 11, 2019
You can never regret your decision if its leaving this country..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Jamiedani: 9:12pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
Supper story. With that kind of money,you can live the best life ever,afford the best health care and give your children the best right here in Nigeria. The guy to me is very mayopic.

I would have suggested he moved to abuja and stay in those areas with them senators, but who knows maybe his job requires him to report to the office every morning and probably the company isn't based in Abuja. You gat to see things from his own angle. Las las no place safe
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Chiderad(m): 9:12pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:

The guy is not myopic.

He stated that armed robbers came to his house three times. Do you know what that means?

We're talking SECURITY here. Take that out of the equation and every other thing he owns comes to nothing.

Whatever amount he's paid, he'll make it back there and he'll be rest assured that his taxes will be judiciously utilised.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by able20(m): 9:14pm On May 11, 2019
iberrylee:
Even if you earn 1million naira monthly in this shitHole where kidnappers, Bad roads, dirty Air, insecurity of all soughts,bad health care is a normal thing to the people, You are not better off those earning 60k monthly because one of those things will kill you one day
Tueh Nigeria is Hell 2.0
Mumu, so if you live Abroad nothing will kill you. You will live for 500years Abi??

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Kaypower112(m): 9:17pm On May 11, 2019
Everyone with his or her own choices, and I wouldn't blame him. cos if I have such opportunity I wouldn't think twice..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 11, 2019
Vikky014:
So if u earn a million naira a month u will remain in an enclose??u wont travel??ur kids wont go to school,ur relatives will also stay in same location with youuse ur brain pls

I'm not sure you earn more than 40 to 80k to be honest, that's why you have a poverty mentality. No offense.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by lastmessenger: 9:18pm On May 11, 2019
blackprowler:

You think you know, but you don't know ANYTHING. Clearly you're one of the apes in this Nigerian jungle (or "zoo" as some call it) so you have no clue what life is all about and all seems well for you here if only you have a certain amount of money and material things.

I also left this jungle in desperation even though I also worked in a multinational and pay wasn't bad. Sadly I couldn't remain abroad legally and came back with nothing, to nothing. Dumbasses wanted me to regret but I am so proud of myself I made the effort to leave. If I die today, I will be happy I tried. The major reason why Nigeria is such a hell hole is that the savages that inhabit it are unaware of their pathetic life and woe betides anyone who tries to tell them so they can improve their ways. I'm really worried that these animals are joining decent people to runaway from this shithole country and as I've often said, in large enough numbers, Nigerians will DESTROY any country stupid enough to allow them in
you left your job in a multinational to pursue your abroad dream and then it back fired? I feel for you bra. Life is tough.
I maintain my stand. One million per month her in naija then I will sit my ass down and do something meaningful

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by sharpwriter(m): 9:27pm On May 11, 2019
Joromi12:
7 drop letter last week. Off to canada abeg. I no go mention am. U cant hear ur padi don get beta job der and u wont also go

Meaning you're porting soon too.
Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Unconquerable: 9:27pm On May 11, 2019
To each their own.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 11, 2019
golddust6000:
dont mind idiot people they think is only them that live in Europe. In Europe nothing is free, I mean nothing is free. You pay for everything you get. Even in Switzerland you don't flush toilet after10pm, if you do you willpay penalty for that. They government give you money with the right hand and take it back from the left.

See ehn, I discovered this year that Labour is cheap in Nigeria. If you earn 1M, it's easier to safe 850k. You know why?

Labour is super cheap, your house girl you brought from village charges you 5k Naira, go to US na. House Helps / Child care etc charge $3000 to $4000 Dollars per month. You will pay through your Nose.

Your mechanic here charges you 10k, 15k. Over there just to take your Car to the workshop. You've spent $5,000 Dollars & counting.

That's why Americans sell Accidented cars, not because they are happy but It costs so much to repair it.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Vikky014(f): 9:28pm On May 11, 2019
truthsayer009:

I'm not sure you earn more than 40 to 80k to be honest, that's why you have a poverty mentality. No offense.
seriously u r so daft to think dt u can cajole me into telling u hw much i earn,I just pray that you get kidnapped one day and pay a ransom of 5million till then keep ur rich mentality to urslf??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Idaytesj29(m): 9:29pm On May 11, 2019
yinkeys:

With far less tax to pay
Nothing wrong with kids going there for holidays and tertiary education
To be honest the guy just seems bored of his environs and wants to stay in somewhere sane for a while. I give him 20 years in the winter, he sure would want to come back. Humans, we just keep wandering

He should have kept his job and relocate his wife and kids. He can afford to travel there once a month. Many Nigerians do this. And by the time he is done with his career, he can return to Canada to finally be with his family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 11, 2019
Grupo:

All these on top ₦1 million which is just approximately $3k?

Bro, please who in Canada makes 3k after tax in space of 1 year or 2. Please let me know & i will proud send $200 to the person as a gift.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 11, 2019
golddust6000:
why can't I flush after 10pm, so I will just leave my toilet a mess?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by gbagyiza: 9:32pm On May 11, 2019
lastmessenger:
Supper story. With that kind of money,you can live the best life ever,afford the best health care and give your children the best right here in Nigeria. The guy to me is very myopic.

Bro I pray for you to get to that point, then, u will understand what this guy is saying. Start up a company where the same people will run it down for u or it will go down because of unfavourable policies of d land.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada by AngelicBeing: 9:32pm On May 11, 2019
blackprowler:

l agree with your post, but don't feel bad that things didn’t work for you abroad, you can always plan and leave again if you can

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos / Bus Conductor Sanitizes Passengers Before Boarding Danfo Bus (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.