Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Defection Suit: I Didn’t Decamp From PDP, Akpabio Begs Court To Suspend Judgment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection Suit: I Didn’t Decamp From PDP, Akpabio Begs Court To Suspend Judgment (5448 Views)

Ekpoudom Optimistic Of Victory As Akpabio Begs Him To Accept Party's Choice / 2023 Presidency: No Difference Between APC And PDP - Akpabio / Prof. Peter Ogban Jailed For Rigging For PDP - Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defection Suit: I Didn’t Decamp From PDP, Akpabio Begs Court To Suspend Judgment by AreaNews: 12:38am On May 14, 2019
Defection suit: I didn’t decamp from PDP, Akpabio begs court to suspend judgment

ABUJA – Former Minority Leader of the Senate, Godswill Akpabio, on Monday, persuaded the court to suspend its judgment on a suit seeking to declare vacant, seats of 54 federal lawmakers that decamped from their respective political parties prior to the 2019 general election.

Akpabio who is one of the lawmakers affected by the suit, through his lawyer, Mr. S. I. Ameh, SAN, contended that he was not served with the court processes before the matter was fixed for judgement.

He prayed the court to allow him to respond to the suit that was filed by an advocacy group under the aegis of Legal Defence and Assistance Project, LEDAP.

The Plaintiff had among other things, prayed the court to order the affected lawmakers to refund all salaries and emoluments they received after they dumped political parties that sponsored their election.

Among those the Plaintiff is asking the court to declare their seats vacant, include the...

Re: Defection Suit: I Didn’t Decamp From PDP, Akpabio Begs Court To Suspend Judgment by Tocynone(m): 1:00am On May 14, 2019
Politics
Re: Defection Suit: I Didn’t Decamp From PDP, Akpabio Begs Court To Suspend Judgment by Nobody: 5:51am On May 14, 2019
Of their is a division in the party, I think they are liable to switch to a preferred party.

Its has been going on from get go, only if the constitution is amended can the status quo change.

They all moved cause we had NPDP, they likewise moved cause we had RAPC.. same shit, different days.
Re: Defection Suit: I Didn’t Decamp From PDP, Akpabio Begs Court To Suspend Judgment by kasim155: 8:32pm On May 14, 2019
Naija politics na wa
Re: Defection Suit: I Didn’t Decamp From PDP, Akpabio Begs Court To Suspend Judgment by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:03pm On May 14, 2019
how will the court declare their seat vacant when it happened in 2015 and nothing happened. ..besides, I thought cross carpeting is allowed in our constitution. ....shebi na pa Awo brought this cross carpeting thing into Nigerian politics.....what a country, what a constitution!

(1) (Reply)

Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] / PMB Calls For Weighty Sanction For Unconstitutional Leadership Changes In Africa / Joke Sanwo-olu Unknowingly Posts Pic Of Her And An Angry Obidient(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.