Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari (18270 Views)

Tribunal Judgements: Upset In LP Over Massive Sack Of Lawmakers / 2023 Presidency: Social Media Influencers Stage Upset Against APC,PDP. / “The Level Of Deprivation Is Unbearable” — Alex Ikwechegh Supports #EndSARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by etcsines: 9:01am On May 14, 2019
@titiloyeblog.com

President Buhari has expressed sadness at the level of poverty in Nigeria.

Speaking when he hosted Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, Ministers, Service Chiefs, Heads of Security Agencies and Chief Executives of Federal Government Agencies and Institutions to a breaking of fast at the Presidential Villa, Abuja last night, President Buhari said what upsets him when he drives around the country is the level of poverty he sees.

“When I drive around the country what upset me very much is the status of our poor people in this country. You see young people, the so-called Almajiris with tore dresses, with plastic bowl. They are looking basically for what to eat. The question of education (to them) is a luxury. I think Nigerian elite we are all failing because I think we should have a programme that will at least guarantee some basic education for our people no matter how poor they are.

“So, I welcome the Vice-President for initiating the School feeding programme. If you check in your localities the enrolment into schools improved because a lot of children can get at least one good meal a day. This is the position of this country. But, culturally some of us are quiet merciless, we don’t care about what happen to others we just keep on moving forward.

“This `market money’ I warned the Vice-President I don’t like him to be mobbed, especially the way I see hefty women coming and confronting him, he should be very careful. These are very good initiatives. Initially, I was quite reluctant but I must admit that they are very good programmes and they endear this government to a lot of poor people because of these N5,000 or N10,000 being given to them as loans. They are fantastic programmes and I have to admit quite honestly that the Vice-President was ahead of me by insisting on them. But he knows me if he insists I will say `okay go and do what you like.’ He did it and I’m very pleased as he is being very successful,’’ he said.

Source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/05/i-am-upset-with-level-of-poverty-in.html

8 Likes

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by phelonrays: 9:06am On May 14, 2019
surprised to hear this from Buhari

1983 -1985 Nigeria join the league of country in recession

2015 - 2017¼...Nigeria again participate heavily even topping the country that were in recession ...

2018 Nigeria win the WORLD MOST POOREST COUNTRY....even going ahead to claim it's capital.. with the estimate rate of 6¼ people diving into it every hour..

2019 Nigeria became the WORLD MOST VULNERABLE place to live in.........

Buhari were you sleeping all this while??

Buhari is a synonym of FAILURE

121 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by Bella55555(f): 9:30am On May 14, 2019
What is wrong with these bet9ja people

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by arantess: 9:32am On May 14, 2019
When he drives around the country?

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by Amuocha: 9:40am On May 14, 2019
Failed government

11 Likes

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by shadeyinka(m): 10:20am On May 14, 2019
True?
Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by Nobody: 10:20am On May 14, 2019
Talking to his cows I guess. We humans with brains know that your tenure as president has contributed greatly to the poverty in Nigeria.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by tayour917i(m): 10:20am On May 14, 2019
nah u nah
Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by Eyedea(m): 10:20am On May 14, 2019
Then do something about it. Bastard

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by sankky: 10:20am On May 14, 2019
LOL.
But you caused it by de-marketing Nigeria overseas when u told the world that Nigerians are criminals and that the youths were lazy (2015-2019).
Ur poorly and sometimes hurriedly thoughtout policies nailed the coffin of the economy thereby leading to recession.
Same thing happened when u were in power 1983-1985.
So its not a coincidence sir.
Nigeria entered recession twice and each was under ur regime.
Even the civil war didn't push us into recession but ur regime has achieved that twice.
You are a LEGEND sir !
I doff my cap for your supporters !

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by moriss33(m): 10:20am On May 14, 2019
Yen yen yen....Nonsense and Vegetables angry angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by lascopes(m): 10:20am On May 14, 2019
Talk is cheap, y'all are actors playing behind the script

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by KidsNEXTdoor: 10:20am On May 14, 2019
The hardship you created by turning the country to poverty capital of the world...

Buhari is a failure

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by Nathdoug201: 10:21am On May 14, 2019
Buhari is a curse to this nation..
Man forced him self on Nigerians
I pray God remove this curse

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by Holyman3(m): 10:21am On May 14, 2019
You are the problem

GEJ built schools for them and you can't maintain it

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by sleemfesh: 10:21am On May 14, 2019
Idiat.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by dukie25: 10:21am On May 14, 2019
Who created the poverty? In less than 4yrs you've made Nigeria the poverty capital of the world.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by Snow02: 10:21am On May 14, 2019
pinnochio ...it makes you feel fulfilled

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by festacman(m): 10:21am On May 14, 2019
First of all, the buck stops on FG's table on the issue of leading the way on creating jobs. So President Buhari and his team should talk less and work more to develop more sincere initiatives as well as investment-friendly schemes to attract foreign investors and also convert importers to manufacturers. To do this, the current state of insecurity needs to be tackled.

Secondly, most times, people forget that State Governments have a lot to do in creating programmes to engage their citizens. For example, Northern Governors are failures for neglecting the use of agriculture and food processing to engage millions of people. South South Governors are shortsighted for building airports and hosting music and movie awards instead of making their region fishing hub.

Thirdly, we are too selfish in this country. It is basically me and my wife and children. It is the number many cars I have in my garage. It is never how many people's lives have I touched with my resources. We are religious but lack true love for others.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:21am On May 14, 2019
See disgrace, the country you rule many years ago and still come back and still ruling, walahi Davido will be better president than this man

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by aariwa(m): 10:21am On May 14, 2019
How I wish buhari died 3 years ago in London. Osibanjo would have made a very good president. He pulled Nigeria out of recession when the brain dead baba go slow was in London,initiated made good programmes to help the poor,and always performs amazingly well any time buhari travels.As long as hausa fulani remains a part of southern Nigeria, the country cannot grow even in the next 200 years.Confederation or secession is the answer

8 Likes

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by chiedu7: 10:22am On May 14, 2019
If you are truly upset then you will resign.

You lack common sense that will enable rule.

You lack the mandate to will grant you legitimacy.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by 400billionman: 10:22am On May 14, 2019
STORY

Your first degree is not a Meal Ticket.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by Harrynight(m): 10:22am On May 14, 2019
grin

So did he bother to talk about the causes and the possible solutions

Btw, let's wait n see what he can do about his observation!!!
Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by omozu1(m): 10:22am On May 14, 2019
If you want to make poverty a thing of the past in this country you should fixed power. And educate the people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari by Guyman02: 10:22am On May 14, 2019
The Reality is that Buhari lacks the acumen to fight poverty by job creation.
Since he left office as Military Head of State he didnt establish any venture or company like Atiku,
didnt make money by writing his memoirs like Obasanjo,
didnt expand his knowledge base by acquiring further education like Gowon,
didnt Chair any board of any private organization like Shonekan,
didnt run a professional firm like establishing a security firm using his military background like Ekwuema who ran his Architectural firm and designed structures,
he didnt establish foundations or schools like IBB,
Buhari did not even own a profitable farming enterprise like Abdulsalam Abubakar except 150 miserable looking cows.
All he invested upon to create wealth is his 'integrity', he used his integrity to send his kids to expensive schools abroad undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bello Isa Bayero Is Dead / Lagos State Environmentalist Complains About Quilox Again / Amina Ali ‘misses Militant Husband’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.