Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Schengen Student Visa Enquiries - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Schengen Student Visa Enquiries (1996 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Hussain555(m): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2010
I applied to a German University but I was asked to provide a proof for proficiency in Deutsch language.
I couldn't do that, so I enrolled in a language school in Germany.
I was asked to pay my registration fees, which I already paid and got a confirmation letter.

Now, all that remains is with the Embassy. I was informed by the Embassy that, if I intend to study immediately after my language course, I'll have to apply for a *student visa*.
I downloaded the formal letter for student visa on their website. After filling and signing the letter, I sent the following items to them using UPS COURIER SERVICE;
1. Completed and signed formal letter

2.photocopy of passport data page

3.photocopy of letter of confirmation of payment.

N'landerz, i'll like to know if I'm on track and also, what to do next while waiting for appointment.
Your commentz will be highly appreciated.
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Hussain555(m): 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2010
Abeg i knw sme1 knows smtyn bout this, no shun me pple
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Hussain555(m): 8:29am On Sep 25, 2010
Hi nlanderz,
I hope this dosen't mean no one is studying at a Schengen state now.
Abeg any comment will b appreciated.
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Hussain555(m): 3:15pm On Sep 25, 2010
Guys, I just noticed some things on some blog I visited. Do I need to use the service of VF Global Services at any point of my visa application?
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Hussain555(m): 8:25am On Sep 27, 2010
Smebody, tell me something!!
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 9:21am On Sep 27, 2010
"Something".
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Hussain555(m): 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2010
Vic justice,
from ur other posts, u seem to know stuff about travels n all that, y dont u mk a useful comment, pls?
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 11:45pm On Sep 27, 2010
I'll get back to you tomorrow, i promise.
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Hussain555(m): 8:04am On Sep 28, 2010
Thanks man,
i'll b waiting
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 9:45am On Sep 28, 2010
Good-morning!
   I can understand why no one seems to be interested in contributing to your thread, your original post just seems to have neither serious enquiry nor enlightening substance.
   Now, concerning your question whether you're on track, let me first of all point out the area of your post that i don't seem to understand:
Hussain555:
I downloaded the formal letter for student visa on their website. After filling and signing the letter, I sent the following items to them using UPS COURIER SERVICE. . .
   What were you trying to explain here? Did you mean that you downloaded a visa application form from the embassy's website, or that you downloaded the letter that the school sent to you from the school's website or were you talking about a student visa application form from the embassy's website?
   You see, without getting this part clear, any advise or assessment regarding your application and chances may be wrong.
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Hussain555(m): 11:03am On Sep 28, 2010
I downloaded the formal letter for student visa application FROM THE EMBASSY'S WEBSITE.
thanks
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by juzme: 12:08pm On Sep 28, 2010
You are on track.
Other things you need to do are:
1. Gather your supporting documents e.g bank statement, your previous school transcrip/results, etc
2. prepare for interview. e.g prepare to convince the consul that you are genuine student and not economic immigrant.
Goodluck

For those who dont understand what he talking about formal request letter, I got to understand it is an appointment form. That is what the german embassy in Nigerian named it.
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Hussain555(m): 12:20pm On Sep 28, 2010
Juzme,
thanks for helping me explain. I get really nervous when I want to take a step concerning my visa matters to the extent that I don't usually understand whatever is written on their website.
I would like to know if I have anything at all to do with VF Global Services.
Thanks
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by juzme: 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2010
If I am not mistaking, I dont think you have anything to do with Vf global services.
Please contact Germany embassy in Nigerian to enquire about the proper procedure for student visa.
Here is the check lists for student visa
http://www.abuja.diplo.de/Vertretung/abuja/en/download/Checklist_20students_2006__10,property=Daten.pdf
Also, I think but not sure about verification of your documents. you need to ask about this, to find out if you need to verify all your documents from German Consulate General in Lagos.
http://www.abuja.diplo.de/Vertretung/abuja/en/download/Urkunden_C3_BCberpr_C3_BCfung_20engl_2007__10,property=Daten.pdf
Perhaps, people who have good knowledge about german student visa may contribute.
Good luck.
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Hussain555(m): 2:36pm On Sep 28, 2010
Juzme, thanks a bunch!
That's a relief,
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 9:36pm On Sep 28, 2010
I'm glad that Juzme has taken interest to contribute meaningfully to your thread. And like i said earlier, many people think you're unnecessarily anxious and therefore have moved on without making contributions.
Just to remind you; you stated that you sent photo-copied documents via courier service. . . that may be ok, but when the time comes for the visa application, remember to present only original document as photo-copy can lead to refusal without allowing you the chance to provide the originals.
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Hussain555(m): 1:11am On Sep 29, 2010
@vicjustice,
i understand what you are saying but I just want to be totally sure I have everything on track.
Thanks bruv
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Hussain555(m): 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2010
please does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to
be called for interview at the embassy after applying?
Re: Schengen Student Visa Enquiries by Ubabrighto: 3:40am On Mar 21, 2019
Please brothers, I missed my appointment on 18/03/19 because I came a bit late to the appointment time, I have tried sending mail explaining what happened but no reply, I got a slot go book another appointment but the system did not allow me. Please what should I do?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria To Port-novo (benin Rep) / Beautiful Pictures Of Usman Dam In Abuja / Which Of The Nigerian Embassies Processes PP Renewal Faster.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.