Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN (32803 Views)

Some Places With Stable Electricity In Nigeria - AfricaFactsZone / Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement / 'Nigerians Have More Electricity Than They Can Consume' - Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by TruthbyAll: 10:29am On May 16, 2019
That makes you a zoological animal, I guess!

seangy4konji:
Nigeria equals zoo
Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by Nobody: 10:29am On May 16, 2019
B
Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by VivaLaFrans: 10:29am On May 16, 2019
This is what happens when they procrastinated...

1 Like

Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by bentwood85(m): 10:30am On May 16, 2019
kkk I can't believe this
Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by Monaco2(m): 10:30am On May 16, 2019
MMM is back again o with different kind of Ponzi scheme pay 3k u go get 24k pay 1k u go get this n dat. I sorry for dos wey Dey involve, e go do una like dejavu. Back to 2016 grin
Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by Nobody: 10:33am On May 16, 2019
alizma:

A lot of Nigerian will borrow credit from mtn,glo, or 9mobile, after using the credit to meet their urgent need, they throw the Sim card inside the nearest gutter and buy another Sim.

Na fact u dey talk, bro.....

Sum of us need a total change of mindset.....

it's really appalling.

6 Likes

Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by BuhariAdvocate: 10:34am On May 16, 2019
tactius:

So what is APC doing about the problem now?
are you not in Nigeria? Nigeria’s current power generation has reached 7000 Mega Watts,from 3000 mega Watts .

2 Likes

Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by ifeanyi317(m): 10:34am On May 16, 2019
The excuse of a cross arm is laughable. Cos most of the issue the discos have is mostly Allocation from TCN or are they saying the stability of the grid is caused by Discos alone. TCN should invest more in Urban area and also increase the capacity of their station, before blaming the Discos.

2 Likes

Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by miketayo(m): 10:35am On May 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
What exactly pdp maladministration did in those years the governed Nigeria.

Here we go with the PDP APC blame game as if they are not the same people.
Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by ken6488(m): 10:35am On May 16, 2019
lordskid:
[/b]

Na fact u dey talk, bro.....

Sum of us need a total change of mindset.....

it's really appalling.

Nigerians just like free things and awoof

2 Likes

Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by Nobody: 10:35am On May 16, 2019
Is the supply for free though? Don't they pay for it? Fvcking stupid incompetent bastards.

1 Like

Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by ken6488(m): 10:36am On May 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
are you not in Nigeria? Nigeria’s current power generation has reached 7000 Mega Watts,from 3000 mega Watts .

undecided for The past six months no light...

Just pray they complete the turban generator in my area...

1 Like

Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by miketayo(m): 10:37am On May 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

Say wat grin, when generating companies are complaining that that even if they generate 5k MW they distribution companies won't be able to share it, where u see 7kmw

2 Likes

Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by Grace001: 10:38am On May 16, 2019
b
Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by Nobody: 10:38am On May 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

We could do better than that.

Would like to see a plan on how we can get to 20000mw which includes financing.
APC was voted in because they aren't PDP.
Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by BuhariAdvocate: 10:42am On May 16, 2019
If people like you will allow the government to do her work without sabotage their efforts.
tactius:

We could do better than that.

Would like to see a plan on how we can get to 20000mw which includes financing.
APC was voted in because they aren't PDP.
Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by 5starMan: 10:47am On May 16, 2019
alizma:
I keep saying, distribute the prepaid meter to every house in Nigeria and you will see miracle happening in the power sector. The moment prepaid meter get to every home in Nigeria then the electricity distribution and use become real, fair business for both the seller and the user. The more you sell, the more profit you make. The more you pay, the more you can use. Tell me who will not want to make more profit in business?
Aside the fact that those countries have effective power distribution, the citizen don't joke with government agencies over there. In one of the Africa countries(not mentioned above), if you fail to pay your electricity bill after 5days grace on the due date, you are bound to pay 10% charge on the actual bill. And the agency don't have to come to your house to remind you but everyone already know what to do. If you are supposed to pay on 30th but couldn't meet up on that day or before 5th of the following month, when you are ready to pay, you just calculate the 10% , add it to the actual bill and pay.
A Nigerian in such situation will just abandon the thought of paying both the actual bill and the charges.
A lot of Nigerian will borrow credit from mtn,glo, or 9mobile, after using the credit to meet their urgent need, they throw the Sim card inside the nearest gutter and buy another Sim.
this sim card end cracked me up..we have a long way to go ooo

2 Likes

Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by 5starMan: 10:50am On May 16, 2019
vizkiz:

You are smart. The moment we all switch to prepaid, the prices will be inflated and we'd be back to square one. grin
does that mean there is no government in your country? to act as a regulatory body.
Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by LordAdam16: 10:55am On May 16, 2019
ifeanyi317:
The excuse of a cross arm is laughable. Cos most of the issue the discos have is mostly Allocation from TCN or are they saying the stability of the grid is caused by Discos alone. TCN should invest more in Urban area and also increase the capacity of their station, before blaming the Discos.

Leave the Aboki make he dey reason like cow.

The DISCOs inherited the distribution network from the government. The US uses crossarm poles.

Even the Transmission network managed by the government crumbles at least four times every month. That's unheard of in much of the developed world. Is that managed by the DISCOs too?

Any small thing, DISCOs; as dem don b scapegoat. Always in a hurry to apportion blames to someone else.

Everybody shares the blame. From gas suppliers to NERC. Instead of talking about how to solve each problem from gas vandalism to metering; they'd keep meandering over problems and stating half-truths.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by frowland(m): 10:57am On May 16, 2019
alizma:
I keep saying, distribute the prepaid meter to every house in Nigeria and you will see miracle happening in the power sector. The moment prepaid meter get to every home in Nigeria then the electricity distribution and use become real, fair business for both the seller and the user. The more you sell, the more profit you make. The more you pay, the more you can use. Tell me who will not want to make more profit in business?
Aside the fact that those countries have effective power distribution, the citizen don't joke with government agencies over there. In one of the Africa countries(not mentioned above), if you fail to pay your electricity bill after 5days grace on the due date, you are bound to pay 10% charge on the actual bill. And the agency don't have to come to your house to remind you but everyone already know what to do. If you are supposed to pay on 30th but couldn't meet up on that day or before 5th of the following month, when you are ready to pay, you just calculate the 10% , add it to the actual bill and pay.
A Nigerian in such situation will just abandon the thought of paying both the actual bill and the charges.

Our transformer breaks down like everyday. The estate now have prepaid meter all over the place, and since then the transformer have not even had a spark talk more of breaking down.
Distribute prepaid meter and power problems is solved 60%.
Most people who use AC&fridge in a single or 2 room apartment and cry about paying 5k a month estimated bills; just wait and get prepaid meter. With same consumption habits, you will instantly be paying more than 10k/month.

5 Likes

Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by vikstandon(m): 10:57am On May 16, 2019
alizma:

That won't solve the problem...with this their smart meters configured to take much more that isn't put to use.

1 Like

Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by Angelfrost(m): 10:57am On May 16, 2019
Dello11:
Hi

You guys should at least try and change up or modify your scam format na... Or could one person be using different monikers? Even then, modifications would make the scam more effective... Also, posting pictures of hungry and dirty thugs holding wads of borrowed money doesn't help your cause either.

Why are criminals so dumb in this part of the globe? undecided
Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by alizma: 10:58am On May 16, 2019
toolovely:

even when they give the prepaid meters, the next thing they will do is to increase the tariff so as to cover up.
Bros, let them do that. When we get there we will cross but first of all, let the meter go round. Remember how much we made calls when mtn came to Nigeria and how much we making calls now. If they increase tariff, i will learn how to on my light when i need it and of it when i don't need it. Intact, i may have to wait till 8pm at night to on my bulb and off it as early as 6am with time they will get sense and do the needful. First thing fiat iis to make selling and using of electricity a real business first by giving the user access to control what he consume and the right to charge fair bill by the distributor/seller through prepaid meter

4 Likes

Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by philipobiz: 10:58am On May 16, 2019
alizma:

You have just nailed the solution to our problem. You and I know they will not do it, because of the ripoff they get from estimated billing -paying for what you don't use, which is a criminal offense. And the government is supporting them. Collect money and don't provide service and see what these discos and the government will do to you.

1 Like

Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by Nobody: 11:04am On May 16, 2019
Stories.
Re: Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN by bishopkay: 11:04am On May 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
What exactly pdp maladministration did in those years the governed Nigeria.

You no just get sense and you no even dey pretend to hide am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari / My Husband Is The Most Practicing Feminist - Aisha Yesufu / Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.