Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement (37227 Views)

Ogun Residents Now Sleep In Benin Republic For Protection - Red Cross / Ore Residents Get Electricity After 20 Years Blackout / Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by PureFace1(m): 3:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
Magodo residents now enjoy 24/7 electricity after signing an agreement with Ikeja Electric

The Premium Power Agreement is a commitment to specific service level standards while the customer agrees to pay a tariff that is above the current MYTO tariff.

Following the signing of the Premium Power Agreement between Ikeja Electric and Magodo residents, Lagosians living in the estate have not experienced power outage in the last two weeks.

The Premium Power Agreement is an initiative by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) under the Willing Buyer, Willing Seller initiative.

The initiative according to TheCable, is a commitment to specific service level standards while the customer agrees to pay a tariff that is above the current MYTO tariff.

While expressing his satisfaction at the level of power supply the get from Ikeja Electric, a Magodo resident, Innocent Nwankwo said, “We currently enjoy 24 hours supply and we believe this initiative is giving us value. We have a mixed development in Magodo estate. There are those who operate business and there are residential”.

“We all need adequate supply, And we were able to agree on this. In my opinion, if other communities shows interest I think Ikeja Electric can replicate this initiative.”

Another resident, Adewale Anthony said, "What we really want is now possible — and that is constant power that enables us to use it when we need it. By giving us the opportunity to enter into this agreement, we were able to make a choice of what we want in terms of supply availability."

“Since the signing of the contract, we have been enjoying the supply.”

Since the implementation of the Agreement on August 15, 2019, Magodo residents have been enjoying 24-hour supply.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/magodo-residents-now-enjoy-stable-electricity/jjykypk

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by bigtt76(f): 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2019
Not fair angry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Raysleek: 4:41pm On Aug 25, 2019
Electricity in Nigeria is no more a right and a social amenity but a commodity that is now being sold by the govt to the highest bidder.. If this is true then it's a shame

197 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by tobtap: 5:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
Correct... it is well... make i call my sidechick to confirm... cool cool cool

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Oluwasaeon(m): 5:25pm On Aug 25, 2019
What is norms in other countries is a miracle in Nigeria

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by MrGreenMavro: 5:25pm On Aug 25, 2019
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Biritiko: 5:25pm On Aug 25, 2019
Na so dem IBEDC no off light for 5 days straight, one time like that .
Come and see as my prepaid meter dy suck card. Chai!
Na me dy pray make dem take the light , I swear grin

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by watchindelta(m): 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
What grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by toyzeal(m): 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
Naija which way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
It's happening. Let those who can afford it have 24/7 electricity. I just wonder how few the 'other elites' are embarassed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Dygeasy(m): 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
So what is supposed to be a right is what you have to pay extra for?

What happened to creating a tariff that will ensure that the whole country gets constant supply since they are trying to tell us that constant power supply is possible if we can pay for it? Why not take that initiative countrywide?

Who did we offend in this country? Don't our leaders think?

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
undecided

There's nothing to applaud.......
It just goes to show that, it is possible for the government to supply constant power but they just wouldn't do it..........
Furthermore, the poorer individuals from communities who can't pay the amount levied will be on the receiving end...........

Fvck them all..........

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by NwaOhafia: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
Ikeja electric and Eco electric are both robbers in hard hat

Few months back, I heard some of their workers took a line for Olowu street and was giving to a street with hotels in Ipodo and were rationing Olowu street light, collecting money from the hotel owners

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Mutemenot(m): 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
Very Biased approach, soon they will stop giving power to others

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by czarina(f): 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
Nice. Now everyone, move to Magodo.

You need us. Check my profile cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by okaforlazarus90(m): 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
What is norms in other countries is a miracle in Nigeria
So so sad. ( Shakes head )

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by tosodus(m): 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
Confirmed.
I said it here earlier but was called a liar..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by paddyofboss(m): 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
Ajegunle nko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by PapaNnamdi: 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
it's just a matter of time,

I give the contract 2months,
na transformer go first blow,
then ikeja electric will go back to the USUAL
and when the lawyer that crafted the contract is queried on TV say wetin de happen ,

he will be like
" me I don't know oo"

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by qualityovenbake(m): 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
It is finish. Government robbing it's citizens of their right. . Then what's the essence of prepaid meter because from my understanding, it's a 'pay as you go' tariff, you pay for your energy before you use it, usually by adding money to a 'key' or smart card, which is then inserted into the meter. Now they want to abandon prepaid meters and turn it to the highest bidder...... Their FAGBON there angry

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by CeeJay9ja(m): 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
So we should celebrate what other poor countries are enjoying whether rich or poor?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by F117nighthawk: 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
We will see if it can be sustained, no be Nigeria we dey? Is it not the same country we hear THE DISTRIBUTION LINE is bad and obsolete, now magodo enjoys 24/7 power supply

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Wigetsolar: 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
grin Taxing them more because of the "highbrow-ish"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by lakesider(m): 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
Electricity in Nigeria is no more a right and a social a memory but a commodity that is now being sold by the govt to the highest bidder.. If this is true then it's a shame

Tell me a country where electricity is a right.
U need to understand how things works

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by iPhoneRepairer: 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
They will still take the light. Are we not in Nigeria again?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by shadyLP(m): 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
i yaff for my kwantry
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by good4all40: 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
This is a failed government so electricity that is supposed to be stable for all citizens is now restricted to some rich folks because they can pay more tariff, you are directly telling us that there is no hope for poor citizens of this failed country.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by jaybee3(m): 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
Raysleek:
Electricity in Nigeria is no more a right and a social a memory but a commodity that is now being sold by the govt to the highest bidder.. If this is true then it's a shame

It should be free for all or what exactly is your point?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Olori(m): 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
I was at a colleague’ s place on Friday. IKEDC took power me she had to run her generator to power the computer. It’s still a work in progress.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
To a better Nigeria we go.....

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement by Toscarel: 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
Time will tell

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senate President Bukola Saraki Visits Agbaji After Attack / We Only Experimented With Server But Not For 2019 Elections, Says INEC / Aisha Buhari Leaves UK For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.