Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? (6495 Views)

Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? / Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? / How can INTELLIGENT people believe in EVOLUTION ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by noetic16(m): 4:46pm On Oct 14, 2010
Deep Sight:

Sir you don't need to undertake a pilgrimage to answer that question.

actually i did not answer the question cos of lack of time. . there was nothing to think about grin

Pastor AIO:

The answer to that question can only be found in ancient scrolls. Give the guy time to come back from his digging expedition.

grin i just found the scrolls under my bed.
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by noetic16(m): 4:50pm On Oct 14, 2010
Question 1) Where did Charlotte drink her cup of Tea?
ans a) in the kitchen or b) not in the kitchen.

not in the kitchen

Question 2) Why did Charlotte breathe into her cup of tea?
ans a) to cool it down or b) to give it spiritual power.

grin grin to cool it down.

Question 3) When did Charlotte drink her tea?

ans a) before doing the dishes or b) after doing the dishes
after doing the dishes grin

Please Davidylan can you tell me if the skills one is required to develop in order to answer these questions properly can be used in understanding the bible?

quite lame. . . .this has no relevance to understanding the bible. . .they are two different texts.
so will u now answer my posers? grin
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by Rhino3dm: 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2010
Mazaaaaajeee! Waneni. Tuba nikeyi alaji a mun gafara. Ya hutuu?. . . Ka na more samartakarka.

mazaje:

Mazaaaaa. . . .Yane? Ka share ni ko?. . . . .
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by Kay17: 7:28pm On Oct 14, 2010
@op

Not intelligent, but well informed. wink
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by nuclearboy(m): 8:23pm On Oct 14, 2010
Some see it as mostly "wikipedia" and "belligerence" intelligence, again mostly based on a desire to seem hype.
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by daylae(m): 9:33pm On Oct 14, 2010
Let's not mistake athiesm for scientology,which clearly involve rational thinking,knowledge of human nature,and spiritual fulfilment.

Either way,because one believe not in God does not profess intelligence. The decision to see God as the energy behind all creation is too great for the human mind to comprehend by classroom theories,unless you want to wallow in further confusion- like believing darwin make a monkey out of you;when the greatest scientist and the author of science says otherwise.
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by thehomer: 10:26pm On Oct 14, 2010
daylae:

Let's not mistake athiesm for scientology,which clearly involve rational thinking,knowledge of human nature,and spiritual fulfilment.

I really don't think anyone is mistaking atheism for scientology.

daylae:

Either way,because one believe not in God does not profess intelligence. The decision to see God as the energy behind all creation is too great for the human mind to comprehend by classroom theories,unless you want to wallow in further confusion- like believing darwin make a monkey out of you;when the greatest scientist and the author of science says otherwise.

What do you mean by this phrase "believing darwin make a monkey out of you"?
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by daylae(m): 11:32pm On Oct 14, 2010
thehomer:

I really don't think anyone is mistaking atheism for scientology.

Read carefully the previous replies,and u'll notice.
What do you mean by this phrase "believing darwin make a monkey out of you"?

Darwinism- human evolution.
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by Kay17: 1:32pm On Oct 15, 2010
ke believing darwin make a monkey out of you;when the greatest scientist and the author of science says otherwise.
Or sand? isn't that worse?

We did not evolve from monkeys, but share a common ancestor.
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by daylae(m): 7:49pm On Oct 15, 2010
Oh! That's a new twist. Its a shame you share a common ancestry with monkeys. Hope you don't scream when you wake up with a tail one day.
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by thehomer: 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2010
daylae:

Oh! That's a new twist. Its a shame you share a common ancestry with monkeys. Hope you don't scream when you wake up with a tail one day.

Scientology is a particular type of religion I suggest that you look it up.

The common descent is not a new twist. That has been part of the theory since its inception.
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by poweredcom(m): 2:43am On Oct 16, 2010
yeah many of the think far and carry research more better than religious morons
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by Kay17: 10:47am On Oct 16, 2010
But I insist man made from sand is degrading! cry
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by daylae(m): 11:32am On Oct 16, 2010
@thehomer yeah,we both know scientololy is a particular religion entirely,which i explained. But the original poster and some previous comments suggested "athiest are the most intelligent people,"which is not true cus anybody can be an athiest,even a dummy. Athiesm is just a decision not to believe in God,and has nothing to do with the person's intelligence.
Scientology on the other hand is a religion on its own that focusses on human knowledge and perpetual intelligence in every phases of life,for spiritual fulfilment. Is a religion that deals with knowledge. For someone to be an athiest doesn't mean he embraces scientology. And for crying out loud,even a thiest seek to attain knowledge and embraces pure science.

And for me to ask if your comment on darwinism is a new twist,is just sarcasm,cus sharing the same ancestory with monkeys and gorillas doesn't make it any better. We're saying the same thing. Unless you want to check on darwin's theory of human evolution again.
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50am On Oct 16, 2010
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by daylae(m): 11:53am On Oct 16, 2010
@kay 17 at least you only said is degrading .
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by Kay17: 12:51pm On Oct 16, 2010
@thehomer yeah,we both know scientololy is a particular religion entirely,which i explained. But the original poster and some previous comments suggested "athiest are the most intelligent people,"which is not true cus anybody can be an athiest,even a dummy. Athiesm is just a decision not to believe in God,and has nothing to do with the person's intelligence.
Scientology on the other hand is a religion on its own that focusses on human knowledge and perpetual intelligence in every phases of life,for spiritual fulfilment. Is a religion that deals with knowledge. For someone to be an athiest doesn't mean he embraces scientology. And for crying out loud,even a thiest seek to attain knowledge and embraces pure science.

And for me to ask if your comment on darwinism is a new twist,is just sarcasm,cus sharing the same ancestory with monkeys and gorillas doesn't make it any better. We're saying the same thing. Unless you want to check on darwin's theory of human evolution again.

Your post drips of pure ignorance and sentiment.
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by thehomer: 1:43pm On Oct 16, 2010
daylae:

You should also remember that anybody can easily believe in a God especially in Nigerian societies. Actually, in Nigerian societies, it is easier to believe in some God than not.
One thing you should realize is that Atheists will believe if there was good enough evidence.

daylae:

No I don't think that describes Scientology. Scientology is a modern religion that started in the U.S. with some celebrity followers.

daylae:

Oh? I didn't get the sarcasm. I don't think we're saying the same thing.
The thing is that the fact of common descent was not for improvement of the theory, it has been a part of the theory from the beginning.
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by daylae(m): 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2010
@mr kay17 if you don't have any meaningful arguement or contribution,i think you should sit back;cus its a different thing to disagree to my comments,provided you make your points as to why you do;and another diffrent thing entirely not saying why you disagree;cus,honestly, we both don't have the time .

@thehomer i can see you really don't understand what scientology is all about,all you know is that, "is just a moderm religion of celebrities". Its definately more than that.

If you need evidence as to if God exist,ponder on why you exist first,cus its the first step;and i believe you just don't exist for the fun of it. And i know darwin and his friends have different,and contradictory theories of where you came from. Don't be surprise when another comes out with some theories again tomorrow,cus they are confuse too.
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by Kay17: 3:43pm On Oct 16, 2010
First of all, if life is not for fun. What is the purpose of life in general not only humans. Then advance if different the purpose of human life.
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by daylae(m): 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2010
Yeah,life is fun(am even watching football right now)my friend. But we are definately not here to watch football only,we have responsibilities to the giver too. . . .sorry pls, . . .goal!!!
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by thehomer: 7:39pm On Oct 16, 2010
daylae:

. . .
@thehomer i can see you really don't understand what scientology is all about,all you know is that, "is just a moderm religion of celebrities". Its definately more than that.

That's not all I know about it. But, what do you think it is? Because, I don't see any links between that and atheism.

daylae:

If you need evidence as to if God exist,ponder on why you exist first,cus its the first step;and i believe you just don't exist for the fun of it. And i know darwin and his friends have different,and contradictory theories of where you came from. Don't be surprise when another comes out with some theories again tomorrow,cus they are confuse too.

Do you exist because of your God or does your God exist because of you? I do know one thing which is that we both exist because of our parents.
What different and contradictory theories are you talking about? What is this confusion that you're talking about? Because evolution is accepted as a fact and theory with lots of evidence to back it up unlike your claims about your God.
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by UyiIredia(m): 8:44pm On Oct 16, 2010
Kay 17:

First of all, if life is not for fun. What is the purpose of life in general not only humans. Then advance if different the purpose of human life.

to live a life of purpose.
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by Kay17: 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2010
Okay, you can't think of any.
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by UyiIredia(m): 9:13pm On Oct 16, 2010
my answer is valid undecided >>> recall that u asked for >>> the purpose in GENERAL
>>> i gave one >>> my answer takes into account that >>> various human beings have various gifts & talents
>>> & therefore varied purposes in life
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by daylae(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2010
thehomer:

That's not all I know about it. But, what do you think it is? Because, I don't see any links between that and atheism.

That's exactly what am saying! No link. An athiest can be a dummy,contrary to some opinions. Scientology on the other hand deals with human knowledge and intelligence.

Do you exist because of your God or does your God exist because of you? I do know one thing which is that we both exist because of our parents.

All your parent did was the act,bro.

What different and contradictory theories are you talking about? What is this confusion that you're talking about? Because evolution is accepted as a fact and theory with lots of evidence to back it up unlike your claims about your God.

Do you know that other scientist disagree with darwinism? That has always been the case. The mentality that science and religion are enemies is so void. If you want a laboratory experiment to show know that God exist,then you're far from being intelligent. No offence.
thehomer:

Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by Kay17: 12:21pm On Oct 17, 2010
^^there is ample evidence for evolution and what evidence for your god? apart 'how do you exist?'
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by thehomer: 12:27pm On Oct 17, 2010
@ Daylae
Your entire post was in quotes so I had to manually copy them here to respond.

That's exactly what am saying! No link. An athiest can be a dummy,contrary to some opinions. Scientology on the other hand deals with human knowledge and intelligence.

Saying an atheist can be a dummy is not quite relevant because, any single person can be considered a dummy. The question is whether on average, can atheists be considered more intelligent?
You seem to be confusing Scientology with something else. e.g in Scientology, concepts like the soul, reincarnation (or something close to them) are part of their myriad of beliefs. These are not currently in the realm of human knowledge. What we do have are claims in support and some evidence making them more unlikely.

All your parent did was the act,bro.

And that's all that's needed for anyone to be here.

Do you know that other scientist disagree with darwinism? That has always been the case. The mentality that science and religion are enemies is so void. If you want a laboratory experiment to show know that God exist,then you're far from being intelligent. No offence.

What are their specialties? What are their particular disagreements? These are some of the questions that you need to find out. How is the conflict between science and religion void? Considering the difference in approach to knowledge in both fields.
And you demonstrate the degree of your understanding of science by thinking that the scientific method only relies on laboratory experiments to arrive at conclusions.
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by daylae(m): 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2010
@kay do you know that the theory of evolution dictates that life originated by blind chance? Biologist william province says that darwinism means "no ultimate foundation for ethics;no ultimate meaning for life. Some scientist choose to ignore the extensive research of other scientist who contradict the theoretical foundations for their theories on the origin of life.

An astronomer david block once said, "a man who does not believe in a creator would have to have more faith than one who does. In declaring that God does not exist,a person makes a sweeping unsubstantiated statement- a postulate based on faith". The big bang that happend 12 billion years ago. Why did it happen? How did the particles get there in the first place? What was there before? These are things science assumed it happend,and maybe they did;but science will never satisy human hunger for answers. That's why even scientist,and other thinking people find it plausible to conclude that the physical laws and chemical reactions as well as DNA and the amazing diversity of life all point to a creator. There is no irrefutable proof to the contrary. Unless unreasonable doubts and argumennts. I believe you to be wise?
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by daylae(m): 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2010
@thehomer why are you dangling issues? Didn't you read the topic? The topic and previous posts argued that athiest are most intelligent people,which i refuted the claim by saying that athiesm does not profess intelligence;its just the decision not to believe in God. Any one can be intelligent, or not. I also said if at all we are talking of a kind of religion that focusses on such,scientology should be considered. Just so we both know,athiesm is not even a religion in the first place;so what's the fuse about? Were not here to outclass each other,rather were here to share views and knowledge. Pls don't see it as a competition. This part is far settled.

All u highlighted about reincarnation and so on, are they not human philosophy of life? Its the method of human discovering his inner self,and nature at large. And that's where indepth and rational thinking comes in(scientology). You can say one thing in different words,and yet,still make the same meaning.

The universe must have a beginning but what scientist can't explain is why. The answer is God. The only person that can answer all these question is the creator of the universe himself. And the bible is where you can get the substantiated truth. And over the years,many scientist validated its authenticity. While others that missioned to discredit is validity failed. Check my previous post to read more. You are not created by acident. The biggest calamity that can befell one is not knowing your origin,therefore relying of other human like you to tell you,which the answers they bring always spring-up many more questions . Its degrading!
Re: Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ? by Kay17: 3:29pm On Oct 17, 2010
kay  do you know that the theory of evolution dictates that life originated by blind chance?
Evolution does not dictate any thing on the origin of life, but its development or rather adaptation which fits the environment. Origin of life has its different theories. Some theists accept evolution like the Catholic Church.

An astronomer  david block once said, "a man who does not believe in a creator would have to have more faith than one who does. In declaring that God does not exist,a person makes a sweeping unsubstantiated statement- a postulate based on faith"
A man screams 'dragons are fly about in empty spaces', the skepticist who doubts him, who needs the faith?

The big bang that happend 12 billion years ago. Why did it happen? How did the particles get there in the first place? What was there before? These are things science assumed it happend,and maybe they did;but science will never satisy human hunger for answers.
This is where the essence of religion comes in play, play on one's fears, ignorance. Exploit the gaps in our knowledge, and it pushes forward ridiculous claims that contradict our proven body of knowledge.
chemical reactions as well as DNA and the amazing diversity of life all point to a creator.
If we are lesser life and require programming, then the designed the god?   the best you would do is create a more complex puzzle from what you already have.

As to the what caused the point of singularity from wherein big bang came about, I do not knoW!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Gospel Of Barnabas Laid To Rest! / How The Ark Of Covenant and Tablets Came To Mt. Kenya (biblical Mt. Zion) / Third Eye: How To Activate Your Third Eye Through Darkness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.