Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? (7605 Views)

Poll: Is It Worth Celebrating?

Yes: 34% (33 votes)
No: 65% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Lagos At 50: Ambode Gives Soyinka Appointment (photos) / Is Democracy Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? / Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by Danoe(m): 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2010
Hurray!!!!!!!!!! God bless Nigeria @ 50!!!!!
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by bidemi12(m): 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2010
Can someone please define celebrate in this context because boys are arranging billions to "celebrate" oooooo. Kai Nigeria, you too much. I cannot believe that some moronic post on this thread are in support of it. what are we celebrating gan sef. suffer no good ooo.
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by Exponental(m): 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2010
the cost of celebratn could be used to improve standard of living
Just imagine what would have worked if 9ja has steady power supply
Dead dreams would be living, man can build on ideas on daily basis and be independent bla bla bla

Failure at 50 is not worth it! The successful future of a child of today is in the hands of his corrupt father or else,
NOTHING FOR THE CHILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry angry angry angry sad sad sad sad sad sad embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by kkkossy(m): 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2010
i can tell more billions are going down the drain this time, if at all it being put to better use. undecided
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by Ranoscky(m): 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2010
opabukun:

This call for celebration?
1.A whole family on a bike @50years of indipendence!
2.No law enforcement agent to redress the situation!!
3.The man is even a king to own a bike(best amongst equal)!!!
4.Freedom of e-tin.No law to check his hyper-population even wen it is evident he cant cater for his geometrical progressive family!!!
more please,
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

L$I2MBA !!! grin

Walai Talai, you don kill me with dat pix honestly !!! grin
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by mamagee3(f): 7:43pm On Sep 25, 2010
There's nothing to celebrate about Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by CGKing(m): 10:14pm On Sep 25, 2010
Be frank, lets not confuse patirotism for sincerity. There is nothing worth celebrating folks. Its like a pupil who failed his exams; should he be celebrating or sincerely and soberly consider how to make it with the next opportunity.
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 26, 2010
9ja needs more optimists amongst its population. We could easily be Sudan or Somalia, una know abi? We still have hope, and that, to me, is worth celebrating. I love my country very much and know that the next 50 years will be far brighter. In order to triumph, one must suffer. We have suffered. If we wish to be triumphant, we must want change, and I believe that day is near.
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by bidemi12(m): 10:14am On Sep 26, 2010
ogugua88:

9ja needs more optimists amongst its population. We could easily be Sudan or Somalia, una know abi? We still have hope, and that, to me, is worth celebrating. I love my country very much and know that the next 50 years will be far brighter. In order to triumph, one must suffer. We have suffered. If we wish to be triumphant, we must want change, and I believe that day is near.

the bolded statement was what our forebearers thought too. be realistic do you see any signs that indicates things are or will get better? (please dont say fashola). truth be told it's getting worse by the day. have you been to sudan or somalia? i have. my guy dont you ever compare us to them. you cant really blame them for being the way they are. they pretty much dont have anything to boast of except for maybe sudan's oil which is scanty at best compared to ours. in our own case we have the human and natural resource in excess not to mention the most friendly weather in the world. and what do our leaders do with these blessings? they squander it all for personal gain. until we take up arms and take back what is our God given right na type we go continue to type for NL. it's a start anyway; when enough angry voices come together action is inevitable.
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by seedord247(m): 11:55am On Sep 26, 2010
To me i don't think there's nothing to Celebrate.
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by copho(f): 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2010
If you lived your life through ups and downs, and managed to still be alive in one peice at 50 years old, knowing that things are getting better and you still have a chance of someday being somebody, will you not celebrate?

Nigeria at 50 is definitely worth celebrating and i don't see any reason why i should not be celebrating. Rather than asking what has Nigeria ever done for me, i am asking what can i do for Nigeria.

I hope you all will be celebrating too :-)
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by ayex0001: 1:05pm On Sep 26, 2010
Yea we have to celebrate, even though we have co---pt leaders dat doesnt want us to move forward quick. But be it fast or slow we are geting there one day,
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by Abbygyal(f): 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2010
Most people around me are going crazy coz naija is almost 50. Ask the real bugging questions; what have we achieved as a country? has life expectancy increased? Mortality rate?
But noooo everyone wants to buy a tshirt and celebrate.
Personally, i am happy we will be 50 but i am sad we are very far behind!!! the cake issue is pissing me off, !
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by orangemen: 1:20pm On Sep 26, 2010

Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by orangemen: 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2010

Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by orangemen: 1:22pm On Sep 26, 2010

Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by orangemen: 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2010

Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by orangemen: 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2010

Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by orangemen: 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2010
with these few pictures of mine, anyone that is planing to celebrate instead of mourning, that one needs to see a doctor.

Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by Nsiman(m): 3:00pm On Sep 26, 2010
Who can tell Nigerians what we are celebrating at fifty, or is it POVERTY, corruption, negligence of some parts of Nigeria, injustice, you name them and a huge amount of money has been earmarked for it
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by blackcypha(m): 3:20pm On Sep 26, 2010
not at all,
what we celebrating for with 700 mill naira?
it is a fcukin g shame on our leaders,
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by Tolulop001(f): 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2010
No.

my friend came back from Benin, to Lagos today

he is a proponent of 'dont talk bad about nigeria', 'lets be positive' and all that

he spent 8hrs on the road. On a sunday morning.

he called me and said ' babe, i dont know what we are celebrating oh, this country is sick'
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by bidemi12(m): 3:33pm On Sep 26, 2010
copho:

If you lived your life through ups and downs, and managed to still be alive in one peice at 50 years old, knowing that things are getting better and you still have a chance of someday being somebody, will you not celebrate?

Nigeria at 50 is definitely worth celebrating and i don't see any reason why i should not be celebrating. Rather than asking what has Nigeria ever done for me, i am asking what can i do for Nigeria.

I hope you all will be celebrating too :-)

you are not helping. can you ever imagine getting to 50 years of age and not achieve anything? no car, no place to live, no job, no husband and no children, would you be celebrating? i can bet my life that you would be crawled up in a corner pondering what happened? not throwing owambe party with borrowed money to celebrate being alive.
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by ziga: 3:34pm On Sep 26, 2010
God bless NAija @ 50 jor.

It is human nature that no matter the situation, there will always be something to complain about.

I no go give myself sleepless nights to dey think about wetin we no get. But for people who wan carry all the whole burden of Naija on top dem head, Na you sabi.

God bless Naija, naija for life.
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by bidemi12(m): 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2010
ziga:

It is human nature that no matter the situation, there will always be something to complain about.

I no go give myself sleepless nights to dey think about wetin we no get. But for people who wan carry all the whole burden of Naija on top dem head, Na you sabi.

I too like you joo. at least there is one typical nigerian here. it's all about you jare.
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by Ranoscky(m): 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2010
ziga:

Ask yourself these question,

Have seen a begger goin to cafe to check his mail box? undecided

*Not to talk of registerin an account in NL and contributin daily*
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by ziga: 4:44pm On Sep 26, 2010
Ranoscky:

Wetin konsain begger with Nairaland, and email. Wetin nairaland wan do for begger. . .

But thinking back, i remember some people wey come "appeal" for nairaland wey get Nice job in ABJ, nice house and all those things.

Anyway, you don lost me with dis logic wey u dey bring.

Everybody get different priority for life. Anybody fit do watever im want, and i no undastand how dat one fit affect another person celebration of Naija.
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by ziga: 4:47pm On Sep 26, 2010
Ranoscky:

Anoda angle of your yarns be say

You dey log on to Nairaland. . . undecided

Therefore, you no be beggar . . . undecided

So, u must be a big boy . . . undecided

No, worry bros. i no jealous you. Make you just go enjoy our INDEPENDENCE.
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by oderemo(m): 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2010
@kashikapor,
that your design is mingin, doesnt do it 4 me. at all.
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by AnneMarie2(f): 5:54pm On Sep 26, 2010
Nigeria at 50,AGBAYA. it does really matter if we all come out and vote cos at it is now,our vote does nt really count but dat shouldnt stop us from voting.At this point fellow Nigerian youth,all we can do is pray for Gods intervention.
Re: Nigeria At 50: Is It Worth Celebrating? by Tolulop001(f): 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2010
Anne_Marie:

Nigeria at 50,AGBAYA. it does really matter if we all come out and vote cos at it is now,our vote does nt really count but dat shouldnt stop us from voting.At this point fellow Nigerian youth,all we can do is pray for Gods intervention.

embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Uncover 2 Bombs At UNIJOS Hostel / (PHOTO) If This Happened, Buhari Is Serious About Corruption. / Buhari Is Eager To Reflate Nigeria’s Economy - Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.