Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes (32420 Views)

Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) / See The Plate Of Rice I Cooked With Just 200 Naira / Why You Should Stop Eating 'moin-moin' Cooked In Nylon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by bukatyne(f): 6:02pm On May 19, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Honoring a woman is allowing her play her role as a woman, not making her abandon her duties.

Hahahaha
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by Oluromantic: 6:09pm On May 19, 2019
bukatyne:

Do you run her schedule?

A 10 month schedule you mean?

There's no justification sis. Cooking for yourself equates catering for yourself. At least 5 times in 10months
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by alBHAGDADI: 6:10pm On May 19, 2019
tunjilana:
Very apt... Who even needs a domestic worker as a wife...there is nothing to be proud about...U both should spend ur time on massively increasing the family income and gracefully outaource domestic chores

Money is the root of all evil. Don't be surprised when such couple raise evil children because they didn't have time to teach them at home. How can they teach the kids how to do chores at home when they themselves don't know how?

You lots love to make it seem as if a woman will spend all her life cooking in the kitchen. Cooking might just be for ten years because her kids would have come of age by then and would be able to prepare certain meals. By the time they get to 15, the woman will only be ordering them around while she rests.

Your mother went through this struggle for you but you don't want to do the same for your kids all because you want to chase money. Don't be surprised that the money you make won't save your daughter's marriage when she gets kicked out for lack of manners which you failed to instill in her because you didn't have it.

Yes, it's sometimes tough cooking, so is farming for men. To be sincere, we all would love to just sleep and do no work while our food comes to meet us. We had that chance in Eden but a woman made us lose it. That same devil that deceived her is doing the same today by telling her she can aspire to be whatever she wants over her family's needs.

It's so sad that I live in a generation where women complain openly of cooking. Social media has also given fools the platform to promote their stupidity and more fools are buying into it without analysing the situation appropriately.

1 Like

Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by bukatyne(f): 6:14pm On May 19, 2019
djon78:

Excuse me
My mum had 5 girls
2 are medical doctors
One was a manager in a telecom company in VI
She relocated to Canada last year with her husband and children
Almost all are married/high carrier women but they cook excellently and run there homes well

Do you know that Dora Akunyili all the time she was in NAFDAC and later minister cooked strictly for her husband
All these ladies commenting here
How many of them don't reach that level
How much are they making self
To be making noise
When successful women run there homes well
I have been in a meeting where Folurnsho Alakija was advising young women that she still cooks for her husband, and she is a billionaire in dollars
Abeg leave matter

Dora and Folorunsho go to the market themselves after work or on Saturdays themselves and cook?

Most successful women will tell you the invaluable assistance of domestic helps who handles everything while they oversee.

You don't get it: it is not about the resource of money, it is about the resource of time.

1 Like

Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by bukatyne(f): 6:15pm On May 19, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Burn

They seem not to understand that there is difference between I have to do and I love to do.

That is part of going up.
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by Sterope(f): 6:17pm On May 19, 2019
You should take it easy

It is all about balancing your priorities. Food is meant survival, every other reason is secondary. If you can afford not to cook, it does not make any sense to force yourself to when you find it difficult.

I would rather sleep and chat all day than to cook. If I needed to cook, I cook. Most times it is not worth standing all day, expending that energy for something you can afford to pay for. I can count the number of times I cooked during NYSC. It was not worth waking an extra 30 minutes to cook or cleaning up when I really don't have to.

Her approach is common sense. Cooking is not worth it to her if she does not have anyone to cater for. Unfortunately, she is a woman, we must leave logic and judge her because God wrote cooking in her DNA

SageMK:

This is a very dumb statement.

Having no one to cater for shouldn't be a stumbling block to prevent anyone from cooking. [It doesn't make sense ]

Besides if she doesn't deem herself worthy enough to cook for her own personal consumption, she will hardly do it for anyone. I doubt the fact if she can even cook.

No wonder she's all alone without anyone to cater for.
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by bukatyne(f): 6:18pm On May 19, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:

No.

The generation that saw working hard, toiling to provide for the family. Whether their wives were earning much or not!

Don't respond back. I don't wanna have any chat with your myopic mind!

You won't know myopic if it hits you in the face.

2 Likes

Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by bukatyne(f): 6:19pm On May 19, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Lol. Very true.

At my former job, I cook almost everyday. Sometimes my siblings will cut and keep every, waiting for me to just get home and cook. Right now, I don't even have that luxury of time to sit and make my own hair. Now I know why wigs be trending.

One actually mentioned that maid snatching her husband thing. She finally got one child of 12yrs, which I spoke against and they said I was speaking plenty grammar. I just commot hand. If at all my fear is my husband's universal manhood, I would rather he impregnates a grown woman than a child.

Hmmmmmm

Child labor, poverty.

Some of these parents give up their kids for the maid thingy.
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by Sterope(f): 6:24pm On May 19, 2019
You can keep lying to yourselves. If your sisters have a choice, they will not cook. They complain and moan about cooking every fucking time. In households with househelps, the women merely adjust for salt and spices.

Also, Folunrusho is not a model because she is rich. She is rich enough to delegate and spending time cooking is her choice.

djon78:

Excuse me
My mum had 5 girls
2 are medical doctors
Almost all are married/high carrier women but they cook excellently and run there homes well

Do you know that Dora Akunyili all the time she was in NAFDAC and later minister cooked strictly for her husband
To be making noise
I have been in a meeting where Folurnsho Alakija was advising young women that she still cooks for her husband, and she is a billionaire in dollars
Abeg leave matter
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by bukatyne(f): 6:25pm On May 19, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

I'll rather quote from the beginning to show you that it still says a man is the head of a woman

1 Corinthians 11 King James Version (KJV)
Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

How did headship enter this discussion?

If you wanted a Biblical quote to tell her she was created to please a man, Genesis 3 where God cursed the woman would have been more apt.

The passage you quoted further tells us that all men are birthed by women and so they are independent.
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by bukatyne(f): 6:28pm On May 19, 2019
Oluromantic:

A 10 month schedule you mean?

There's no justification sis. Cooking for yourself equates catering for yourself. At least 5 times in 10months

So once in two months is fine by you? tongue

I would agree with you she could cook more often.

It is healthier.
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by Sterope(f): 6:29pm On May 19, 2019
The wives that complain and nag all the freaking time about chores or the same wives that wish their husbands will help out?

I have heard enough complaints from these wives to last me a thousand years.

BiafranBushBoy:

No.

The generation that saw working hard, toiling to provide for the family. Whether their wives were earning much or not!

Don't respond back. I don't wanna have any chat with your myopic mind!
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by djon78(m): 6:29pm On May 19, 2019
bukatyne:

Dora and Folorunsho go to the market themselves after work or on Saturdays themselves and cook?

Most successful women will tell you the invaluable assistance of domestic helps who handles everything while they oversee.

You don't get it: it is not about the resource of money, it is about the resource of time.

Did I at anytime talk about that
I was just responding to those that say they only eat out.
Domestic help is a must
It is necessary
I was never against that
But those that claim career and work to neglect there home front
Even me I am a well domesticated man
There is no chore a woman will use to do guy for me
I ain't lazy

And I still run my company
I was raised well
And my children will also be raised like that
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by bukatyne(f): 6:32pm On May 19, 2019
djon78:

Did I at anytime talk about that
I was just responding to those that say they only eat out.
Domestic help is a must
It is necessary
I was never against that
But those that claim career and work to neglect there home front
Even me I am a well domesticated man
There is no chore a woman will use to do guy for me
I ain't lazy

And I still run my company
I was raised well
And my children will also be raised like that

OK, I get you.
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by djon78(m): 6:35pm On May 19, 2019
Sterope:
You can keep lying to yourselves. If your sisters have a choice, they will not cook. They complain and moan about cooking every fucking time. In households with househelps, the women merely adjust for salt and spices.

Also, Folunrusho is not a model because she is rich. She is rich enough to delegate and spending time cooking is her choice.

Like I said it depends on the kind of mother that raised you.
They instill it in there girls from tender age
Once they grow up it is part of them

Even me a guy was seriously domesticated from a child
There is no chore a woman can do guy for me
My house everything is squeaky clean
I hate dirty environment or lazy persons

1 Like

Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by nelszx: 6:39pm On May 19, 2019
SUPERPACK:
LGBT as usual, She is into lesbianism. I wonder why no one saw that rainbow love emoji on her face.
She's not the one on the picture with rainbow-ed love. At least I know what she looks like to an extent.
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by Sterope(f): 6:40pm On May 19, 2019
Have you ever tried going to the market, prepare meals and cook before? Have you ever tried cooking three times daily over and over again?

At 15, your kid is preparing for University. He needs all the time to study, he is more independent minded and probably has other interests to engage in.

Money is not the problem. The problem is the time and energy especially when you realise that it is not worth it at the end of the day. Choosing to reduce time spent cooking does not mean she cannot cook with firewood if necessary.

alBHAGDADI:

Money is the root of all evil. Don't be surprised when such couple raise evil children because they didn't have time to teach them at home. How can they teach the kids how to do chores at home when they themselves don't know how?

You lots love to make it seem as if a woman will spend all her life cooking in the kitchen. Cooking might just be for ten years because her kids would have come of age by then and would be able to prepare certain meals. By the time they get to 15, the woman will only be ordering them around while she rests.

Your mother went through this struggle for you but you don't want to do the same for your kids all because you want to chase money. Don't be surprised that the money you make won't save your daughter's marriage when she gets kicked out for lack of manners which you failed to instill in her because you didn't have it.

Yes, it's sometimes tough cooking, so is farming for men. To be sincere, we all would love to just sleep and do no work while our food comes to meet us. We had that chance in Eden but a woman made us lose it. That same devil that deceived her is doing the same today by telling her she can aspire to be whatever she wants over her family's needs.

It's so sad that I live in a generation where women complain openly of cooking. Social media has also given fools the platform to promote their stupidity and more fools are buying into it without analysing the situation appropriately.
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by Gabson001(m): 6:41pm On May 19, 2019
One minute silence for the idiot that will marry this one..
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by NoToPile: 6:41pm On May 19, 2019
bukatyne:

I thought I loved to do chores till I got a job and I realized my OCD was as a result of joblessness

You are very right about the emotional blackmail. I also think fear of oga migrating to the maid and men who insist their wives do everything themselves is another factor.

I couldnt help but laugh at the bolded
grin grin grin grin grin
Chores are stressful simple thats the fact a lot dont want to understand, when you have a flexible job or you work from home you wont feel it but When you are already stressed at work or spend 3 hours in lagos traffic coming back to another level of stress is not easy.

I had it easy as I worked around home just few months ago, now that I have to work at the main office not finding it easy. Lagos is one kain place sha. angry
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by Gabson001(m): 6:44pm On May 19, 2019
Naira marley talk he land for efcc hand.. Maybe na babalawo house this one go endup
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by Westsida: 6:47pm On May 19, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Why did you introduce yourself naw?
I am very excited at your return, I can't find words to reply your post... cheesy

Let me get myself together
*breathes in and out*

I think they love the emotional blackmail. You know that feeling of, if I am not home, this home wouldn't function up to 40%. The worst thing is, they won't stop complaining about how they are doing it all alone. They will complain indoors and outdoors.

In the process, they make their husbands look like demons. Whereas, some men are really progressives. I know someone who said he would never get the concept of a woman spending 10hrs in a Saturday that should be used for bonding to do house chores grin. I also have a friend whose ex complained she didn't feel like they were in a relationship because she never got to cook in his house.

So, men are not always the problem. Some of these women need to be validated, feel like they are doing something you can't do. That is why some would never date a very tidy man, who is also good in the kitchen.

Propose getting a help, they would kick against it. Get modern equipments for the home, they would make it dormant. I don't just get my people.

Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by Westsida: 6:49pm On May 19, 2019
[s]
funmisticqueen:
me that work night duty, or 36 hours calls will now be struggling to keep a man because I want to form superwoman. i cannot die before my time. i just hope my future hubby isn't like me that gets sick from food that has stayed in the freezer more than a week.

although i like cooking, it isn't a do or die affair for me, i easily lose appetite after cooking sometimes so i cook for other people and hardly for myself.

but the issue comes when one wants to eat healthy or eat to lose weight, i don't trust outsourced foods for that.

it seriously isn't easy.

going to the market is stressful when you dont have an item list and regular customers for what you want to buy. no time to waste haggling, just buy at our agreed price and move on.

ladies!! proverbs 31 woman is a scam! wife material is a scam! they use that to brainwash you to slave away in the kitchen until your brain atrophies while they chase the latest skirt in town. enough said.
[/s]
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by immaculate1234(m): 6:51pm On May 19, 2019
8 months no too much me na 5 years and counting Bleep critics
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by Sterope(f): 6:52pm On May 19, 2019
It does not depend on the mother at all. I know how I was raised. I started cooking early. My brothers can cook almost any meal. They even bake their own birthday cakes however you will not catch any of us cooking every now and then. They still engage in every type of housechores you can think of. A brother who complains most about how cooking takes insane amount of time brought home several pieces of breaded chicken and meat pie he made in his hostel kitchen. You will not catch him cooking on a normal day.

I was not raised on street food either. We made our eko/agidi ourselves and very other thing you can think of. once you understand the important things, you will agree with me that the purpose of food is to survive. No book says you have to prepare that meal especially where there are alternatives. It is a mind thing.

My mum cooks even when she doesn't have to and she complains about being tired ditto the other women I know. They lash out and complain because they are so stressed out and I wonder who sent them to begin with

djon78:

Like I said it depends on the kind of mother that raised you.
They instill it in there girls from tender age
Once they grow up it is part of them

Even me a guy was seriously domesticated from a child
There is no chore a woman can do guy for me
My house everything is squeaky clean
I hate dirty environment or lazy persons

1 Like

Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by Westsida: 6:55pm On May 19, 2019
[s]
iRepNaija1:

I'm so tired of this bullshít. Cooking is not part of womanhood. It's part of adulthood. Any adult should be able to get in the kitchen to cook for themselves because it's a vital life skill.

Valued by who? Women were not put on this earth to please men and model themselves to be what you consider to be pleasing.

If those the four things you listed are gone, there is no empty barrel left. Just a flawed human being is there. Just like everyone else. And people wonder why some women are obsessed with their looks, always stressed about being pleasant and nice to men who are basic strangers, having to be top chefs in the kitchen, and have to be faithful even when their spouse isn't. Smh.
[/s]

Your probms arent relationship problems, you have an individual problms!
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 19, 2019
djon78:

Yes he is right
Things will definitely turn around
My cousin and I were discussing some weeks ago, he was telling me that God saved him, that he married before he suffered serious misfortune, almost lost everything he had.
In fact he closed down his business, couldn't afford rent.
But he was married with a kid then
His wife was supportive

Things began to turn around
Kids were coming
Today he has 4 kids
A factory with over 50 workers he pay monthly
A state of the art mansion in Abuja, several investments
Doing very well in this Buhari perid

You didn’t get the point, or you did and believe marriage is an achievement
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by nextstep(m): 7:21pm On May 19, 2019
djon78:

Excuse me
My mum had 5 girls
2 are medical doctors

To be making noise
Abeg leave matter

I have no problem when a successful woman runs her home well (including cooking), as long as it's her choice. If it isn't her choice, there's a lot of pressure on women to be superhuman, which is unduly stressful, and isn't required of men who are also medical doctors. What I'm saying is that we should not all get up in arms and offended when a woman chooses not to cook, for whatever reason.

1 Like

Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by BiafranBushBoy: 7:25pm On May 19, 2019
Sterope:
The wives that complain and nag all the freaking time about chores or the same wives that wish their husbands will help out?

I have heard enough complaints from these wives to last me a thousand years.

So help them out with their complaints please...
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by Sterope(f): 7:35pm On May 19, 2019
Why would I? It was their choice
BiafranBushBoy:

So help them out with their complaints please...
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by BiafranBushBoy: 7:38pm On May 19, 2019
Sterope:
Why would I? It was their choice

Are you married?

It would help my next post
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 19, 2019
bukatyne:

The Proverbs 31 woman didn't spend all her day cooking or cleaning.

It is not about the Proverbs 31 woman.
but yet nigerian man places value on a woman based on her ability to cook and clean
Re: I've Not Cooked In 8 Months - Nigerian Lady Writes by Sterope(f): 7:41pm On May 19, 2019
Yes
BiafranBushBoy:

Are you married?

It would help my next post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Monitor Lizard Killed By My Brother This Morning In Our Back Yard / Roasting The Monitor Lizard Caught This Morning By Me! / How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.