Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,063 members, 7,852,597 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:13 PM

The Fulani Invasion Of Southern Nigeria -by Mazino Ikime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fulani Invasion Of Southern Nigeria -by Mazino Ikime (951 Views)

Soludo Replies Ebube Muonso Over His Prophecy On Fulani Invasion / Delta Honours Okonjo-iweala, Ikime, Don Jazzy, 15 Others / Ozekhome: Why Northerners Are Scared Of Southern Governors’ Asaba Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fulani Invasion Of Southern Nigeria -by Mazino Ikime by teufelein(f): 5:08am On May 20, 2019
INTER-ETHNIC CONFLAGRATION IS HERE: The Fulani Invasion Of Southern Nigeria

By MAZINO OBARO IKIME

A few days ago, while writing about some disturbing cases of insecurity, I mentioned that there had been a rash of burglaries in and around the estate in which I reside.

I also mentioned that as the Secretary to the residents association of my estate, I was involved in a lot more interfacing with the Police than hitherto. We have two Police Stations we relate with, with regards to security related matters. One at Apata and the other in Oluyole, which is where I reside.

Well, the Police have been very cooperative since we last spoke to them. We have patrols coming into and around our estate on a regular basis. I have made it my duty to speak with them anytime I have the opportunity. Befriend them and make them feel appreciated.
Today I encountered one of the patrols, quite early in the day. I also recognized a couple of the cops, so I stopped for a chat. They told me something which troubled me deeply. Four days ago, they had had received a tip off about a group of 15 men residing somewhere in Apata.
They had arrived 6 weeks ago. No visible means of income. They would disappear in batches and return after two or three days. The remaining would basically hang around doing nothing. Money to eat and all the other things associated with existence, did not seem to be a problem.

Anyway, the inhabitants of the community in which they had taken two rooms, were worried enough to report to the Police. What worried them the most though was that they appeared to be Fulani. They definitely did not speak Hausa. Anyway, a raid was carried out yesterday. 12 of the guys were present when the raid was carried out in the early hours of the morning.
There was a cache of arms within. According to the cops, there were at least 5 AK 47's, single and double barreled as well as pump action shot guns!!
The guys are in police custody. They will be charged to court tomorrow. I am really worried as to why the authorities seem so disinterested in putting a stop to all these incidents.
Who is funding, what is the true motive of this seeming Fulani incursion into areas that they are not traditionally from? Practically every report that has the Fulani ethnic nationality attached to it, has violence as an accomplice!
The Federal Government fails to realize that this silence or inactivity just feeds the speculations as to what the motives are.
We have actually arrived at a place where we can almost state that these speculations and proclamations of a Fulani agenda are no longer speculations!
What the government does not realize is that people are gradually but steadily inching towards self help. Self help is a close cousin to vigilantism and it very often dovetails into anarchy!
No single ethnic group has a monopoly for violence. We all bleed blood and die.
The South West seems to be the preferred destination in recent times. I laugh at people who say the Yoruba are cowards. They obviously don't know the history of the Yoruba.

But that is besides the point. Should a responsive government allow its citizens resort to self help? Should one group appear to be be in ascendancy over the others?

Are all these reports lies? Are they not verifiable? Anarchy is coming. This is not doomsday talk. We all see the reports. We all complain in our enclaves. Something sinister us afoot. There is trouble brewing. We keep saying...oh this and that can happen in Nigeria! Why?

Dastardly things have happened, are happening and with this nonchalant approach to the issues, will continue to happen.
Victims will get fed up with being victimized. Reprisals will come and then, counter reprisals. That's how the ethnic conflagration is stoked.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Invasion Of Southern Nigeria -by Mazino Ikime by TooMuchStuff: 5:24am On May 20, 2019
Buhari has hands in all of these new development.

Fulanis want Nigeria to be their personal property or estate while everyone else are their captives.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Invasion Of Southern Nigeria -by Mazino Ikime by teufelein(f): 5:28am On May 20, 2019
Boko Haram/Herdsmen: Ethnic nationalities regroup to defend territories

https://punchng.com/boko-haram-herdsmen-ethnic-nationalities-regroup-to-defend-territories/
Re: The Fulani Invasion Of Southern Nigeria -by Mazino Ikime by teufelein(f): 5:42am On May 20, 2019

Re: The Fulani Invasion Of Southern Nigeria -by Mazino Ikime by teufelein(f): 5:43am On May 20, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
Buhari has hands in all of these new development.

Fulanis want Nigeria to be their personal property or estate while everyone else are their captives.

The Fulani encirclement of Southern Nigeria is proceeding apace...
Re: The Fulani Invasion Of Southern Nigeria -by Mazino Ikime by teufelein(f): 6:40am On May 20, 2019
The former President, who delivered a lecture on the topic, ‘ Mobilizing Human and Natural Resources for Stable Polity and Economy’ , and commissioned the multi-million naira Diocesan Mary- Martha Hospital and DANTINAJO Gold Resort Limited, Oleh, said: “They (Boko Haram and herdsmen attacks) are now combined and internationalized with ISIS in control. “ It is no longer an issue of lack of education and lack of employment for our youths in Nigeria which it began as; it is now, West African organization, African Islamization and global organized crimes of human trafficking, money laundering, drug trafficking, gun trafficking, illegal mining and regime change.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/05/b-haram-herdsmen-killings-buhari-incapable-of-stopping-killings-obasanjo/
Re: The Fulani Invasion Of Southern Nigeria -by Mazino Ikime by teufelein(f): 7:11am On May 20, 2019
Femi Fani-Kayode:

President Olusegun Obasanjo remains the only politically active southern and Middle Belt leader that understands what is really going on, the grave danger that we are in and what lies ahead. He is deeply courageous and his latest contribution that there is an agenda to Fulanise West Africa and Islamise Africa says it all.

OBJ needs say no more. History and posterity will be kind to him for speaking the bitter truth and saying what almost every other southern and Middle Belt politician and leader knows to be true but is too timid and too scared to say publicly.
With his latest contribution he has vindicated yours truly and many others. I saw this coming in late 2013 and I told the world. Nnamdi Kanu saw it coming in 2014 and he told the world. Asari Dokubo saw it in 2015 and he told the world.

Afenifere, OPC, YOLICOM, PANDEM, MEND, the Middle Belt Forum, the Niger Delta Avengers, IPOB, MASSOB and Ohaeneze saw it in 2017 and they told the world. The Christian Elders Forum, CAN and the Church saw it in 2018 and they told the world.
Sadly the world refused to listen, left us on our own and, instead of rising to the occassion and confronting the evil, Nigerians went on bended knee to the powers that be and acted as if they were not saddled with a major problem that was bound to eventually consumme them all. Now they know better even though most of them are still in denial.

Now they must live with the consequences of their indifference, ignorance, cowardice and stoicism. What a pity.
It is a tragedy of monumental proportions that a nation that is so blessed with extraordinary human and mineral resources should end up going this way.

I hear one or two people like Sule Lamido are not too happy with what OBJ said and have called him out for saying it.
That is sad and unfortunate because Obasanjo has done more for the core north, Lamido's Fulani tribe and Nigerian unity than any other former President or Head of State in our history. He also fought in a civil war to keep the country together.
Why should Sule be upset about OBJ exposing Boko Haram? His comments were directed at Boko Haram and their agenda. Is Sule a closet member of Boko Haram now?

If he wants to continue to defend Boko Haram he should continue.
For anybody from the core north to call OBJ names for speaking the truth and baring his mind over what is unfolding in Nigeria today tells you how blinded by power, insensitive and callous some of these people are.
It is only those that subscribe to the Fulanisation and Islamisation agenda that will criticise or oppose Obasanjo's observation and describe him as "a bigot" for making them.

What OBJ said was timely and necessary and millions are commending him for it. He spoke the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Re: The Fulani Invasion Of Southern Nigeria -by Mazino Ikime by helinues: 7:15am On May 20, 2019
Fulani invasion by what %??
Re: The Fulani Invasion Of Southern Nigeria -by Mazino Ikime by Stingman: 8:45am On May 20, 2019
helinues:
Fulani invasion by what %??

When they conquered the Hausas and other northern minorities...how many % did they have then?
Re: The Fulani Invasion Of Southern Nigeria -by Mazino Ikime by teufelein(f): 7:27am On May 21, 2019
Anyway, the inhabitants of the community in which they had taken two rooms, were worried enough to report to the Police. What worried them the most though was that they appeared to be Fulani. They definitely did not speak Hausa. Anyway, a raid was carried out yesterday. 12 of the guys were present when the raid was carried out in the early hours of the morning.
There was a cache of arms within. According to the cops, there were at least 5 AK 47's, single and double barreled as well as pump action shot guns!!

Who're the boys mit the sophisticated armouries?
Re: The Fulani Invasion Of Southern Nigeria -by Mazino Ikime by teufelein(f): 10:16am On May 22, 2019
They are long overdue for a rude awakening! They have no idea the eagerness of the long suffering South Easterners to be let loose to vent their pent up rage, frustration and vendetta against the cowardly jihadists. It will be a desert storm of epic proportions which shall herald the much anticipated change of old guard and redraw the map and composition of the zoo forever. Maa Chineke!
Re: The Fulani Invasion Of Southern Nigeria -by Mazino Ikime by teufelein(f): 10:18am On May 22, 2019
Femi Fani-Kayode:

"Nigeria is a tragedy descending into a farce.The real motive for surrounding the South West is territorial expansionism and the need for a cultural overrun. Kidnapping for ransom is the prelude to these. With the deadly silence from those who unleashed Operation Crocodile Smile on IPOB but who have refused to even utter a word on Fulani terrorists, the nation is encouraging self-help, which is a vital ingredient in genocide"- Bamidele Ademola-Olateju, Premium Times, 21st May 2019.

(1) (Reply)

Nsima Ekere & Anor Vs. H.E Udom Emmanuel & Ors / #sit At Home ,silience In Aba, See Pictures / Protend Danger Of NBC Shutting AIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.